Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rancor the Witch and the Echani

Cai stayed in the cockpit and rummaged around. He still had a handheld unit that could lead them back to the fighters but they were far off. He jumped off the ships side and landed on the dirt and inspected the vessel. "It's alright," he said. He could sense her distress in her body language. "It was my fault, I should have warned you about the buttons. If the ship is hit and there is a fire you might need to dump the fuel to prevent an explosion." Cai walked around the fighter and frowned. "She looks alright, just out of fuel. If we can get more fuel, and pull her out of this swamp, she'll fly again."

Good, she didn't ruin it. She didn't think they had the tech to fix it. or anything really. Elayne needed to get him back but how. " Well how can we get more fuel..." She said honestly curious. She soaked in the knowledge, It was more than she got most days. She looked about and saw a way out, perhaps she could find them this fuel. , they needed to make it out away from everything. " Can we make this fuel?" She asked, curious to see if maybe there was something around here that would become the food for the ship. She looked about as if she knew if she laid her eyes on it, it would magicly be fuel.. but instead all she found was some wood, and such. She didn't like knowing all the answers... why did she have to do that to his ship.. she couldn't just sit there.

"It would take more time to make fuel than we have. And a lot of equipment." He didn't know how to react. Obviously she felt guilty, and rightfully so, but it didn't matter. She didn't know any better. "We just need to find more fuel. We can get some from the other fighters." His small handheld sensor started to beep. "Hold on a second." he didn't mean to ignore her, but that was the effect. Looking into the distance he pointed in a vague direction that the sensors were detecting a structure, a metal structure. "What's over there?" he asked.

She shrugged, she didn't know, she wasn't familiar with the swamps.. they were far from her clan's land. " Your guess is as good as mine, now lets go see. " She said, a sense of adventure in her. Elayne loved exploring and now seemed as good a time as any. " Maybe we can find out!' She took off, not waiting, navigating the terrian with the ease of one who had spent her life on the planet of Dathomir. Elayne was rather impulsive if Cai hadn't figured it out. She stopped when she noticed that Cai had fallen behind though.

Cai followed her, while checking his scanning equipment. As he examined the display he frowned. Whatever was up ahead was huge, but that couldn't be. He hadn't seen anything from the air, and if the sensor was correct the structure was so massive he wouldn't have been able to miss it. They cut through the swamp and the thick underbrush until they came to a section of ground higher than the rest. "Its here," Cai said stepping ahead of Elayne. That couldn't be, there was nothing there but a clump of bushes and trees. "Elayne, please stay back," he said pushing his hand into the bushes. Cai pushed away vines until he felt the solid wall behind. The metal was smooth to his touch, and as he probed he felt a panel on the door. He pressed a few buttons and a doorway opened next to him splitting vines and coming leafy bushes. "Have you ever heard of this place?" he asked looking into the door. It was a stairway leading down, no doubt into the massive complex which he had detected on scanner. He was drawn to the entrance taking the first step down the flight of stairs. Instinctively he gripped the hilt of his saber. "Just stay behind me okay?" he started down the stairs, "I promise I'll protect you."

Elayne rolled her eyes... she could handle her self granted she had no idea there was something underneath the brush. She took a branch and formed a torch, and then took off down the stairs" You have to keep up to do that" She had left her staff with the other ships as it hadn't fit in the ship. But she could handle her self, she had training, she was a warrior after all,. She made sure not to keep too far ahead of cai, but she stopped at the end of the stairs.. She might as well let the male feel important. She waited for him, figuring might as well let the man with the laser sword go first... " You first" She said with a smile, as she wasn't sure what was ahead of them.
It was funny but maybe this could be one of her new hideouts.. she liked forming them. and this might be another place she could hide things, but it was rather far.. she would have to know how reach it.

Cai smirked as she ran ahead of him. The light from her torch flickered against the sheen metal walls. The stairwell opened up and revealed a large metal door. It was cracked partly open. From his belt Cai took a small hand lamp and poked it inside and had a look. It was nearly empty with benches lined in neat rows. Cai thought he could make out hallways and doors along the side of the wall. He pulled the lamp back and pressed his body in the crack and pushed the door open. The pair walked into the room and Cai frowned. This didn't make any sense. "This could be a public transit hub," he said aloud. Something was off and he felt uneasy standing in the barren room. Dust and debris had filled the room. Bands of torn cloth and other trash were scattered about. Cai lifted up one of the pieces of cloth. "Someone has been here within the last few years, but this place is much older." He waked over to one of the walls and lifted his lamp up. The image of a large hairy-man like creature with a long face and tusks was painted onto the wall. "A Whiphid? Do Whiphids live on Dathomir?"

Elayne began to explore the room.She looked at the picture. " i have never seen anything like that" She decided. as she began to look for useful things. There was nothing but trash though sadly. She just hoped that maybe she could find something to be proud of. Elayne caused some racket as she tripped over a bench. " Damn thing..." She slowly got up and made her way to the first door, " Do you think we will find anything? " She said as she inspected it but as she pushed the button the building began to hum to life... " What is it with me and buttons today..." She cursed her luck hoping that nothing bad was going to happen as a result. " She looked to Cai with a slightly paniced look.

Cai suppressed a laugh when the woman tripped over the bench, it was cute but he didn't want to offend her. That's when he heard her ask about finding something. "We've already found something," Cai answered "The question is will we find more? Will we unlock this place's secrets?" That's when she pushed the button. Cai could hear the generator roaring to life and the lights started to glow, at first dimly, and then bright. "It's alright." he said in response to her. "You just found the power is all." And then came the roar. It was loud and echoed down halls, Cai couldn't tell from exactly what direction. He looked over to Elayne, "I know you're a warrior, I know you're not used to taking directions from men..." he let his voice trail off, "but when this thing comes let me deal with it. "I..." he paused and bit his lip, "You're my only clue to those fugitives. I can't have anything happen to you." Stupid. So not like a Holovid hero.

Elayne had glared towards him at his supressed laugh as she pressed the button, he wasn't mad.. good she thought. Elayne could work with this. It was then though that things went bad... a roar filled the air... and she had no idea what it was. She was in trouble. What was it that could make such a sound. But that was when Cai made a strange request. He cared about her... She looked at him, and considered it. " Well see about that Cai, I will not stay out of harms way while one fights for me, I can help, I don't think I could get out of here without you.... " She managed to say, yeah that was it... cause the stairs were so hard to find she realized. why did she say that? Elayne crouched, and waited. She would help out Cai however she could.

Cai backed up getting distance between him and all of the hallways,. As he moved back he herded Elayne behind him until they reached the relative safety of a corner. "I've got the Lightsaber should we need it," Cai said. His right hand found his blaster, he quickly set the weapon to stun and retracted it from the holster. He handed the weapon to Elayne behind him. "Do you know how to use a blaster?" he asked. He hoped she did, hope she wouldn't press a random button and accidentally shoot him in the back.

The Roar echoed, and then again. With each roar the sound seemed to come from another direction. Realization washed over him like light from the dawn. It wasn't just an echo, there was more than one creature, two maybe three. The roar bellowed from just around a corner now and Cai lit his saber. Out from the hallway a great beast apeared. No not a beast, it was a whiphid! "Wait..." Cai said stepping forward. He disengaged his lightsaber. "We don't mean you any harm." He hoped that Elayne would have the sense not to shoot. "We are just lost."

The Whiphid grunted in reply. Great, they didn't speak basic. The primitive alien dropped his wooden spear. But he understood basic. The creature grunted again. "My Whiphid is pretty shaky" Cai said in response. "Do you want to show me something?"

Elayne, held the thing, puting her knife away, she had seen such a thing before, she almost pressed a button but decided to not do so. She was going to try the whole not press the button thing for once, which was good, she almost shot Cai. She had no idea what was going on. " Are we going to follow it? " She then had a idea, so she spoke in her native language " Hello, do you want to show us something?". She figured it was worth a try But where would that take them. " Cai what should we do? " Great now she was asking the man what they should be doing, granted he seemed to know what it was. " Follow it, and I will follow you. " Elayne smiled There, she was still in control, now it was time to follow the Whiphid... some giant beast... that seemed to call this home.

"I get a sense that we can trust him..." He stared at the large alien. The creature turned, followed by another, and walked down a hallway. The Whiphid turned and waved an arm, it was clear now. Cai followed the Whiphid. The entire time they walked the create grunted, snorted, growled, and roared. Whiphid wasn't a first, second, third, or even fourth language for Cai and he barely understood what the creature was saying. "He understands both our languages," he explained to Elayne, "but like Wookiees Whiphids sometimes have a hard time speaking basic." Although unlike Wookiees they have the capability. Another set of corridors, another set of doors and the group reached what appeared to be an old command and control station. The two Whiphid waited next to a control panel as a third came out of a nearby doorway and nudged Cai over to it. Cai examined the console. And now it was his turn to press a button. Information came up on the screen in basic. He examined the information as it scrolled speedily across the screen. It was a research station. "There is fuel here," he said. with a little smile. "I don't know where but its clearly on the manifest here." He continued to scroll hoping that Elayne couldn't see what type of research was happening at the facility. And then he saw a file. As he opened it an Alarm Klaxon sounded once. The trio of Whiphids roared in response and the giant creatures tensed up. "This isn't good." One of the Whiphids started grunting in their guttural tongue. "Okay so I think that Alarm means I opened up the pens, and released the experiments." Scrolling quickly he saw that there was three altered Rancors, and then... "Okay do we don't need need to worry about the Rancor. They are probably dead this facility is old, and the human subjects have all been evacuated, but that still leaves the droids." He gulped hard. Assassin droids, designed and tested int eh facility to be used against Witch's, but perhaps not a Jedi. "This could get messy."

Elayne was ok, with following the whipids but then Cai started messing with the computer, which meant she had better thigns to do. She didn't get comfortable exploring for too long. For the next thing that had happened was that alarms were going off, Had he warned her of doing things and now he was stuck with the results of his fiddling. Elayne sighed.. what was it now that had seemed to wake up. She heard something about altered rancors and such... What was this place... was it some horrible place of research and torture? She had heard of such places.. Places where dark people tested things against her people. But they were old stories. Elayne readied her blade, and the blaster. She just hoped they could take whatever it was on. " Be careful Cai!"

Cai reached heard them before he could see them. There was only two halls into the command center, and the clank of droid feet hitting the metal deck was distinct. When he saw the first rid he ignited his lightsaber, and activated his shield. Blasters started firing and immediately he jumped in front of Elayne. He wasn't good enough to block all the incoming fire, but what his saber didn't deflect the personal shield would absorb. The droids filed into the room, and one of the Whiphid's charged ripping its limbs from its body. Each droid was a different type. One was bipedal and humanoid, and another was a simple floating disk with weapons. "You said you can control fire right?" He took out a flare and swiped it against his sleeve activating it. The flare shot to live burning, he threw it into a pile of cloth. "Burn them to your hearts content." What else could she do? He wondered.

Elayne began to chant, The spell she had gotten quite good at of late. She smiled and began to control the fire to burn whatever they could on the droids.. which wasn't much but it was better than nothing. She had recent on demand practice. So she was getting better. The flames seemed to do nothing, She kept it up though, chanting, trusting Cai to protect her. She ran out of fire though so she used the blaster. She clearly had not used one before, as her first several and most of her shots were no where near on target. She rolled away, though, with Cai, figuring that it didn't hurt to let him do his thing, he had his cool sword. Elayne moved for some cover, aiming for a corner.

Cai swung the saber at the droids. He sliced one through it's center and jumped away from a spout of flame. The Whiphids broke two of the droids with their amazing strength. Cai rolled into another and took it off its feet before stabbing it with his saber. He fought like a man possessed, his finely honed Echani abilities finally unleashed. This is what his people were born to do. The droids tried to fight back, but as soon as they were close enough it was futile. The disk shaped droid flew away high toward the ceiling and started to shoot down at him with its auto-blaster. A small explosion wracked his personal shield and threw him to the ground. His saber vanished, skidding across the floor. The hovering droid made another circle at him, and he ran straight into the mass of bipedal droids. He gripped one and used it as a shield as the hovering droid fired tat him again. Cai searched for his lightsaber, and concentrated pulling it back toward his hand as he discarded the dessicated husk of the assassin droid.

Elayne cursed her luck... She did what she could... She tried to use the force to crash the flying disk into the droids... it wobbled and then flew into the other droids.. causing at least momentary stopping of them. She was no use here though. Elayne was out of her element. She smiled and decided to use the force some more.. using the droids with all the mental might she can muster, at a time she tried to bounce them into each other. It was the least she could do, but she wanted to help Cai, and make it so she was above him. She had to out perform him. So she began to slam them... hoping that she didn't get show along the way.

The droids rattled and fell against one another as if drunk. Cai smiled as he saw the strings of the force from Elayne manipulating them. One of the droids, rattled less than the others, lifted his blaster and shot at the woman. Cai immediately, without thought, jumped in the way raising his saber up to block the bolt. "Just keep that up." And then he rushed towards the droids and started to cut them down. It wouldn't be long now before they were completely destroyed and this fight was over. Not very effective against a holovid hero.

Elayne of course didn't even notice, She was focused on using the force, It was all she could really do to be of use, as she moved one about to drill into Cai just as it was about to plunge its strange arm into him. She was getting the hang of this. She just hoped that there was an end in sight. Elayne kept it up though until there were no more droids, just whipid's. " Well that was strange..." Elayne said as she kicked the head of one off towards a wall. " So shall we continue?" She asked looking at Cai as she was sure he was going to go back to the computer. Elayne sighed as she went about to explore... and found cages with dead things... IT was terrifying... there were dead rancors... and some humans... and it looked like they were witches. Who would do such a thing... to her people. She couldn't believe her eyes, rancors locked in cages.. while long gone, it was still strange to think of someone treating them like that when they were so gentle. She shook her head as she returned to Cai

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom