Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Quill is Mightier Than the Sword

A Light Shining in Darkness
Then wait they shall - but if that was the plan, then Wyatt was still at a loss. Politics were never his strong suit, and Jedi politics proved all the more taxing.​
I can’t deny that. It’s a tricky subject to talk about what divides the Order without speaking about any given Order’s established needs.”, he said with a downturn of his gaze.​
Then what do you think we need to do? Bow ourselves in what ways, cede what exactly to the Silvers? Besides speaking to Elise about this - do you have any insight into what exactly might make them more willing to work with us?”​

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

"As far as I've ever heard or seen, the loudest and most partisan Silvers want just one thing from us: visible committment to the war with the Sith Empire. Kintan as the first step rather than the exception. Sustained, collaborative action against the Empire is probably the most effective way to move the needle. And yes, I know Kintan was a tragedy and a disaster - but not for Jedi unity. We're strangers and we need to become brothers in arms a piece at a time. There's no silver bullet."

Then it seems to have to be done on their terms, for what the previous meeting has shown us. And if so, then I suppose we go slow - if they don’t want to work at the behest of the Jedi Order, then we invite them as equals to the Security Council.”, he said with a quiet sigh.​
I can’t imagine there is much better solution than that.”​

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

"The details of the politics of it all aren't my field - but just at face value, 'invite as equals' does sound like a better move than 'work at the behest.'" Quill offered a lopsided smile. "I hope some of this helped. It's been blunter than I expected to frame it. Thank you for the...free exchange of ideas. And thanks for your concern."

Its what we have to do, as Jedi.”, he said with a smile.​
Support each other when we face walls. I only hope you’re right, Quill, and the Silver’s agree to work with us. I’ve gotten the impression so far they hope us to break apart our order, and subcede into their own Order; but its mostly unfounded… Just… a thought.”, he sighed.​
Come, we should get something to eat.”​

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

"Don't many of us expect the same of them?" Quill said gently. "'Why can't those Silvers just join us' and so forth? They've kept a huge swath of territory secure and stable for a very long time. Maybe they're doing something right."

He nodded at the suggestion and went along. Food would be a good next step on the path to being alone again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom