Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Princess and The Wolf

Sinbad

"Break my chains, set me free."
Sinbad nodded when Asajj said she was glad that he would always be there. As they walked out of the palace, the princess explained that she knew what her father taught her. Interesting. But lessons from a coward were worthless. For how could they truly know what battle was like if they only hid.

They would make there way to the field. Where Sinbad would place the daggers on the ground, along with his Vibro-greatsword and the Vibrosword. He looked to Asajj.

"Being new to it is better for me anyway. I get to train you right away instead of having to break down your old teachings." He looked down to her and met the princess' eyes. "Oh and of course, I get to train you." He said with a smile and a slightly tilted head.

Sinbad cleared his throat and looked to the weapons scattered on the ground.

"Now there are various types of vibroblades. These are just the basics. Pick up each of them, give them a few swings, find which one is most comfortable in your hands." He said. Sinbad placed a hand on his chin.

Now which would she pick.

'Hm...training her? Good ssshe ssshall be a worthy opponent in the future"

[member="Asajj Novar"]

Another blush formed when [member="Sinbad"] smiled at her. She cleared her throat immediately, glancing away. Asajj had appearances to keep up. "o.. Of course. I look forward to your teachings." She couldn't look at him, not in this courtyard where anyone could come by and see her. A flustered princess on the eve of civil war? It wouldn't inspire much confidence if they thought she was love struck.

Her face only reddened more. She wasn't love struck! .. Right?

Unable to answer her own question she missed half of his explanation on the weapons he had spread out. Thankfully, she caught the tail end and immediately went towards a smaller, lighter blade. She had some practice with her lightsaber, but she didn't ever really use it. "This one." She didn't need to test the rest. She turned on a heel, facing Sinbad with a grin.

"What next?"

Sinbad

Sinbad raised his eyebrows as she blushed, letting a small smile form on his face. He watched as she looked away. Sinbad looked towards the palace and noticed a few guards watching. Hm. His attention was drawn back to Asajj when she said she looked forward to learning from him. Sinbad nodded, his blue eyes watching her closely as she keeps her gaze to the ground.

Soon she picked up one of the smaller vibroblades. He nodded. She seemed to like that one, even if she didn't test the rest. Sinbad nodded.

"Hm. Interesting choice. Now with that particular blade, it doesn't emmit the same whirring sound that one such as this does." Sinbad picked up his Vibro-greatsword and powered it on. A hum would sound as the blade moved at supersonic speeds.

"Traditionally, these blades move quickly, creating the humm you hear, allowing the blade increase cutting capabilities. Your blade however is different. It doesn't emmit the same him, it's silent, allowing you to sneak up on enemies in certain situations, whereas id be useless." He smiled.

"Now, the trick to using smaller blades like yours is more about studying your opponent, waiting for opening. I myself love to overwhelm my enemy. But you? It's better to stay on the defensive waiting for openings. Then slip in and strike." He put his guard up, bringing his blade diagonally across his body.

"Tell me, how good are you at dodging?" He asked as he spread out his feet.
[member="Asajj Novar"]

She nodded quickly. It made sense, complimented her skills as an Assassin already. She pulled her blade around, light in her grip as she took a slight stance. It was a lightsaber stance that she knew, but it should translate some to the metal blade. Though, the blade was certainly heavier. Asajj would have to be quick, agile. Study her opponent. There was another nod from her as he asked her if she was good at dodging.

If there was anything she had learned from being in the Assassins, it was how to do just that.

"I'm ready."

Sinbad

Sinbad disengaged the Vibro-greatsword, the humming ceased."Do not worry, the blades are dulled. I want you to study my movements and dodge my attacks, as soon as you see an opening, strike." Sinbad said.

Sinbad gave her a nod as she got into her stance. He studied it for a second, gripping his blade a bit tighter. "As of now, I am not your protector, but an enemy. Do not hold back. Because I will not." Without a warning, he lunged forward bringing his blade down, slashing from it's diagonal position. Sinbad wasn't as quick as he could be, the large sword was definitely heavy and it showed. It would take him a second before he'd bring his guard up again, leaving ample time for the princess to dodge and study his defenses.

[member="Asajj Novar"]

Well, that was a welcome relief. The blades, when off, were dull. Though, as soon as he spoke again her eyes narrowed in focus. To hide her fear. She sucked in a breath as soon as he surged forward, and she brought around her blade in a quick parry, dodging to the side as she let his blade skitter across hers. If it hadn't been for her cybernetics, it was likely her blade would of been launched from her grasp.

She kept going with her dodge, rolling away from [member="Sinbad"] as he recovered, her purple gaze never once leaving him. She had to study, learn. Right. After a moment she got to her feet, holding her blade out before her in preparation for his next attack.

Sinbad

She easily parried his strike, skidding across his blade and falling back. Sinbad gritted his teeth as he brought the blade back up. He watched her carefully, she was quicker than him no doubt about that. The shapeshifter cracked his neck. Closing his eyes for a second. For now he wasn't her protector, but her enemy.

'Let me out you said it yourself. You are her enemy.' Sinbad opened his eyes. Gripping his blade he slashed at the air,

"Good." He said coldly. He let his emotions take control, to show her what it was like to fight up close. He met her purple eyes with his blue. The shapeshifter let them flash orange for a second. Then with confidence lunged forward yet again, this time instead of slashing diagonally, he slashed low to her feet, hoping to catch her off guard and sweep her to the ground.

Sinbad wasn't holding back, he was definitely a different person. He didn't see her as his Ally, not now.

[member="Asajj Novar"]

Asajj had been doing well with holding her composure. As the princess of a warrior culture, she had learned at a young age how to face fear head on and act despite it. Yet when [member="Sinbad"] 's cold gaze found her and his eyes flashed orange, she froze. Fear, memories. It all gripped her mind in an instant. Her blade dropped from her grasp as she fell back, eyes wide with fear.

She was completely horrified.

Sinbad

Sinbad watched as she dropped her blade, a look of pure fear plastered her face. But it was too late, his attack connected with her legs, knocking her to the ground.

The wolf inside chuckled. 'See, sssshes scared, your true nature scares her. Now, engage your blade and kill her. Sinbad stepped over her, his blade held tightly as he looked down on her. As he stared at her, he realized how scared she was. His eyes widened as he dropped the sword and knelt beside her.

Closing his eyes he'd take a few deep breaths.

"Asajj...I.. I'm sorry. I forget how quickly I let my emotions take control in the heat of battle." Sinbad sighed as he brushed some of her hair out of her face. The shapeshifter then looked away.

How could he let this happen? Sinbad quickly stood up, then reached to his belt, taking out a Vibrodagger and placing it in Asajj's hand. He looked to the Princess "I am sorry, to...hurt someone I care about is... unforgivable. Go ahead.." Sinbad said as he placed the tip of it to his chest, the blade's humming was the only sound to break the silence.

[member="Asajj Novar"]

Asajj immediately started scrambling backwards from him. The memories of the Sith burned through her mind, the pain as real now as it was then. "D.. Don't touch me!" She screamed out of instinct, but the beatings didn't come. Instead, a gentle touch.

In a daze she watched him, [member="Sinbad"] , take out a knife and set in in her hand. The tip pressed lightly to his chest, her purple eyes glancing between him and it as she tried to regain her bearings. "Wha.. No!" One last scream, and she tore the knife away and threw it, letting it land somewhere in the field. Her gaze found his again, the shock of him trying to have her end his life seeming to override her fear.

"You don't get to die on me too." The determination was in her gaze again, and slowly she pushed herself to her feat, dusting herself off with her back to him. ".. I'm heading back to my room. Thank you for your attempt to train me." She paused, glancing over her shoulder but not making eye contact. "Sorry." For freaking out on him. For ruining the training. For wasting her time. It all went unspoken, but it was all there at the forefront of her mind. Before he could say anything she was off, briskly walking away as fast as she could before anyone could stop her.

Sinbad

Sinbad flinched as Asajj tore the knife away and threw it, he didn't take his eyes off her as she spoke, saying he didn't get to die on her too. Sinbad looked away. It was selfish of him to ask her to do that, when just a little while ago, she was on the brink of death. The bullet wound, the scars on her back...Sinbad only looked back to her when she began to stand up. The shapeshifter didn't move. Only his gaze followed her, his eyes showed sadness. She stated that she was going back to her room.

She even thanked him for his attempt at training her, the words stung. 'attempt' Sinbad watched her as she looked back, not even sparing him a glance. Her eyes showed a mix of emotions that made the shapeshifter feel worse.

Then she said sorry, and began to walk away before he could say anything.

"Asajj" He'd whisper as he watched her walk away. He stood up and picked up his sword and shoved it into the ground. He stared at it for a moment.

'You ruin everyone you meet...' the wolf said. Sinbad closed his eyes and began to shift. He needed to blow off steam, he was hurt, he caused pain. Soon in his place stood a white wolf, Sinbad shook out his fur and let out a long howl, that echoed through the plains and to the palace before running off.

He'd be gone for a couple days.

[member="Asajj Novar"]

Sinbad

Sinbad smiled, he and Asajj had worked it out. His days gone were hell, so we're Asajj's. But now he was back sworn to never leave her side. He stood outside her door as she got ready for the day. His blue jacket fitting tightly, and Talon Vibrodaggers harnessed to his back. He watched as the palace guard went about their patrols.

His treatment has gotten better since he came back, the cold attitudes towards him was still there but they understood that he was there purely for the princess, it was clear they had feelings for each other, and it was out in the open.

He cared about her, and that was all that mattered.

'You know...Sssinbad...I'm still here waiting for you to ssslip.' the Wolf said.

"Heh, well I've nothing to fear anymore Wolf...so why don't you just settle down?" Sinbad said with a grin.

But it was clear his primal emotions were still fighting him, yet everything seemed better now that Asajj was near him.

He cleared his throat, knocking on the door.

"Asajj, are you up? You're supposed to meet some of the new soldiers today." He said.

[member="Asajj Novar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom