Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Princess and the Master

dsprings_3827.gif

KIDEKI MANOR - TATOOINE

The young Master remembered quite fondly the first time he had ascended the many, white steps leading up to the Kideki Manor. He had come, all the way from the heart of Coruscant, to make a request of a man he barely even knew. However, there was something this man possessed that Josiah treasured more than all the riches in the Galaxy: a daughter that he had come to love with a fiery passion. The first time the Templar had come to this mansion of white stone and marble paths was to request the blessing of his beloved's sire...for he wanted to marry her.

But that happened so long ago...back when Nikki was actually alive...

Now, several years later, he had returned to this same mansion with the intention of bringing back into his life a treasure he had left behind. The sad truth was, he just did not have...the right mind to take care of this treasure as well as was deserved. His time was spent battling depression and the enemies of the Republic; and that was certainly not a place for one so young to grow. But now, times were different, things had changed...stability had come into the life of the Templar and he had the means to care for that special treasure as she deserved.

So he climbed the steps, clutching in his hands a single piece of parchment that would guarantee the return of his little one. He had petitioned a number of courts over the preceeding months, shown them that he was capable of the duty he was so willing to undertake; and when it was all said and done he had won. Now, there was but to reclaim that which he had left behind, and to start anew with his little one.

Upon reaching the door, Josiah found that it had been left open in anticipation for his arrival. When he entered, he was greeted with the sight of two familiar faces: a tall, yet aging man, and a short, sweet woman. They were the parents of his deceased beloved, and despite the fact that Josiah had gotten his life together, they were not too thrilled about this turn of events. They watched the news, after all. They knew that the life Josiah led as a Templar was not exactly the most safe for his own wellbeing...but the courts thought othewise and had granted him custody of his child.

"Good evening ma'am, sir." he said, almost awkwardly.

He was greeted with a half-hearted grunt from the father and silence from the mother. The hour was late, and so Josiah decided to ascend the adjacent stairs quietly in order to wake his princess...but an off comment by the father spurned an off comment by the Templar. Sparks quickly ignited into a war of who could sling the greatest insult, and in a matter of minutes, Josiah and his former, potential in-laws were at each other's throats...metaphorically speaking. The ruckus was quite loud, enough to wake the dead, but in this case it'd be a little one who awakens.

@[member="Zeph"].

Zeph was fast asleep up on her room. The last door on the right, down the last hallway was cracked open to let the night air enter the small child's room. The last couple of weeks have been hectic for the little one; her grandparents had been acting odd and had been rushing her to and from school. This left her little to no time with her friends,unless they came over to play. But the child's peaceful slumber was disturbed; she started to toss and turn as if something wasn’t right.

Finally, her eyes opened and she thought it was just a bad dream, but the sound of voices that captured her attention. Her grandma, grandpa and someone she didn’t recognize were having an argument. Slowly kicking her blankets to the side and slipping off the bed, Zeph pulled off the small pink blanket she was cuddling with and stumbled down the hallway. Still half asleep by the time she reached the stairs Zeph had her free hand rubbing her eyes.

“Nana, what’s going on?”

She mumbled as she attempted to walk down the steps with her eyes closed.
@Josiah Denko

The soft, tired voice of the young girl silenced the raging argument between the adults, and all eyes moved to the stairwell. Josiah, seeing his child for the first time in years, found himself with a lump lodged square in his throat. She had grown considerably, and regret characterized every single fiber of his being. He had missed so much that he loathed himself for it...but now he had the opportunity to make up for all that time he had lost. Now he had the chance to be the father Zephirine deserved, and he would do so now. He strolled over to the stairwell and ascended them, meeting his child at the second step whilst her grandparents were only two steps behind.

"Zephirine," said the aging woman, "your...Father...is here to take you with him." Her words were punctuated with malice towards Josiah, and the fact that she had utilized the young girl's full name was a testament to the severity of the situation in her eyes. The grandfather said nothing but simply glared...but Josiah was smiling. His eyes were alive with sheer joy and he had to resist the urge to embrace his daughter right there and never let go. Instead, he restrained himself and approached this very carefully, for he didn't want to muck up the first day of forever.

"My gosh," he said, "you've grown so tall...you're probably going to shoot up past me one of these days." He paused for a moment, then continued. "Zeph, I know it's been so long...and I'm here to take you home with me sweetie. I'm sorry that I went away for such a long time, I'm so sorry. If I could go back in time and kick myself for doing it, I would. But, I'm here now. Papa's here now."

@[member="Zeph"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom