Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Prince's Amulet

Status
Not open for further replies.
LxlOnay.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To submit a personal piece of luxurious jewelry that also serves as a ward against Force Users.
  • Image Source: Doctor Strange
  • Canon Link: /
  • Restricted Missions: /
  • Primary Source: /
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Prince
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: The Prince
  • Modularity: No.

• Production: Unique
  • Material: Void Stone, Flexsteel, Electrum Plating
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Void Stone Crystal: Refined from a decent sized chunk of Otherspace meteorite, this polished stone possesses a curious connection to the Force. At this size and quality, any Force-sensitive person within 5 meters suffer an impaired connection to those Force, dampening their ability to use their powers.
  • Stylish Casing: Not only for aesthetics but also functional, this protective housing is what allows the amulet's focusing properties. Turned in the correct sequence, the electrum plated cover slides back and a solar charged backlight is focused into a beam that shines through the crystal. Utilizing light waves, this allows for its wearer to target an individual within 2 meters for an even more potent dampening effect.
STRENGTHS
  • Void Amulet: The jewel encrusted into this amulet is a cut and polished chunk of raw Void Stone, dampening Force abilities within 5 meters of the wearer. Even untrained Force sensitives experience impairment inside its radius.
  • Focusing Effect: Activating a mechanism on the electrum casing triggers a shutter which narrows the stone's exposure and a high powered backlight shines through the stone like a prism, projecting its deleterious effects through light waves at an individual target within 2 meters for a more potent connection drain.
WEAKNESSES
  • Fragile: Aside from the flexsteel band which keeps it securely in place around the wearer's neck, there are no innate defenses to this device. It can be removed or shattered with appropriate force.
DESCRIPTION

To anyone who asks, the Prince claims this amulet is a family heirloom and proof he is rightful heir to the monarchy of his homeworld. In truth, this item was one of the first serious purchases the Exchange vigo made when he began amassing his personal fortune. Paying an extraordinary sum of credits to acquire a large enough chunk of Void Stone meteorite on the galactic black market, he then hired an artisan jewelcrafter and a small team of scientists to study the stone's properties and discern how best to shape it.

This amulet was produced as a result of those efforts. Once satisfied as to the results, the Prince had the entire team assassinated so no one but he would understand the true nature of its origins or properties.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="The Prince"]

The Prince said:
At this size and quality, any Force-sensitive person within 30 meters suffer an impaired connection to those Force, dampening their ability to use their powers.

30 Meters is absolutely massive for force dampening. This is literally larger than like 12 Ysalimir standing next to each other. I realize that in canon the void stone projected like 100m field, but That thing was huge.

Iterations in Chaos canon have been far smaller. I'm going to have to ask you to tone this field way down, to like 3m max and then give an actual range to the 'beam'.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Welp, I am gonna chalk this one up to late night submissions, but I believe I mixed up metric and Imperial measurements in my American head with this. I am 100% on board with scaling the amulet's area of effect down proportionate to the Void Stone proper, that being said would 5 meters be an appropriate compromise? That's ~15 feet, which is in the area of what I was going for with this submission, the beam would be within 2 meters.

Made edits to this effect, but let me know if it still looks iffy to you.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="The Prince"]

Because this is a unique item I'm alright with 5m, however if you attempt to sub replicas in the future I'll likely ask to tone them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom