Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campaign The Prince

if they're watching anyways
hJJw3Ng.png

“Hypocrisy is the tribute that vice pays to virtue.”
Annasari Annasari

The Grand Concourse was both deserted and swarming. The Senate Guard, once relatively out of sight and mind, now seemed more dominant than any politician in the canyon-like halls of the Senate Building. Recent security breaches had buffed personal entourages as well -- where once Senator Tagge was one of few with an active household guard, it seemed now that every world brought protectors. Some were ceremonial in attire, others seemed ready for deployment.

Oddly enough, by walking alone through the halls, Auteme felt almost like the most dangerous person there. She was hardly a match for the Senate Guard or any of the rest, but by reputation alone it felt like they were watching her the most carefully. Jedi were a hot topic. Even one so familiar as her seemed a touch more dangerous, enough to set some on edge. She was doing her best to assuage those fears, but with the thought of her own plans, she wondered if their caution was warranted.

For all they had done. Fear made some things easy to forget. Some, however, were a touch hardier, less easily swayed by even shots on the Senate Floor. And even those that were could be convinced otherwise. In any case, it would be a long day of meetings and public appearances.

The first seemed a most ardent ally, but Auteme needed certainty above all else in these dangerous times. Thus she strolled into the office of the Senator of Jakku -- a test run, to see what it would take to gain the trust of others.

It seemed that such a thing was easy to lose.

“Senator Annasari,” she said, bowing her head respectfully, before straightening and offering a polite smile.

“As ever, a pleasure. How are you this fine morning?”

The droll text of the proposed policy rolled on and on. Her hand moved the datapad downward, her lips sitting in a firm purse as yet another bill put forth to the committee was built upon fear. Without the red tape, Annasari could condense the pages to a single statement: The Jedi are sending their own to the Concord, and we should too, lest they sour relations. The student exchange program was a tangled mess, and didn't consider threats to the citizens it would ship away, nor the funds to do it. A lazy flick sent the document elsewhere as Anna leaned backward in her chair with a groan.

“Senator Annasari,”

An unfamiliar voice drew her attention away from negative inner musings. A warm smile blossomed on the senator's face, relief apparent. An unexpected visitor was far more enticing than a denial of hearing form.

"Auteme, what a surprise. I am as well as one can be when managing the incompetent and the asinine. Come in, please, sit." She gestured to the chair opposite herself. "Myra?"

The call sent an elderly woman, short and squat, dressed in sapphire silk, waddling out of an attached office. Her eyes widened at the knight, but she was all smiles as she bowed courteously to both.

"So sorry, Miss Annasari, I didn't see anything on your schedule this morning."

"Nothing to be sorry for, the morning was open. Please make Representative Thoran aware that I will need to reschedule, then fetch refreshments."

"Right away, miss."

A cautious gaze followed the advisor as she exited the room, shutting the heavy door behind her. Her attention quickly returned to the young woman in front of her. She had taken a liking to the girl, even though they had only met once, and for more reasons than her status as a Jedi. She had seen Auteme in the chambers, content to observe from afar. So much like my younger self- strong, not for herself, but for those who cannot be. Determined, even in the face of adversity. A vivacious bite when challenged.

"Now that we are alone, how are you holding up in these turbulent times? And what is it that brings you by?"

if they're watching anyways
Auteme glided across the room, sliding into the seat opposite to the Senator.

"Ah- I'm terribly sorry to interrupt your day's plans. You're a busy woman, I would hate to take you from your important work and meetings." Perhaps a bad omen to start with a lie, but it seemed they both thought that Representative Thoran wasn't worth the time of day. Not today, anyways.

"Turbulent times send us to unexpected places -- though, I admit I've been meaning to meet with you for some time, we really should lunch at the Manarai, or really anywhere else." She smiled. Admittedly, her intentions to meet Annasari had become more pressing in recent times. "Of course, it's interesting to converse with someone as intelligent and influential as yourself, no matter the occasion."

She folded her hands in her lap. "I was... reminded, however, of an offer of refuge given to the New Jedi Order.

"Among other things, my visit here was... to take you up on that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom