Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Port City of Nime [C.I.S.]

Suhr

S
|[Nime]|
3046841561_2e5b5fef1d.jpg
Roon. The capital of the CIS. Protected by the Templar Order, hundreds and thousands of loyal soldiers and droids, and of space itself. Indeed, Roon was equally as idyllic as it was remote. The city of Nime lived up to the standards that the rest of the planet - It was a large seaport located on the edge of the Roon Sea, the largest body of water on the planet. At this time of the year, Nime was almost perpetually bathed in twilight. The orange lights flicked off the water that the City seemed to sprawl out of. It was here, in this city of beauty, that Suhr had found herself. Done with her training for the day, the young Twi'lek had made a point of traveling from the planets Capital to the port city by way of private speeder. She had used what money she had left over from her life on Nar Shaddaa in order to purchase a dwelling here, and frequented it almost as often as she trained. The apartment was simple, nothing flashy. Just a ground floor dwelling with one kitchen, one bedroom, one bathroom, and a living space that Suhr had re-arranged so she had somewhere to practice in private with her lightsaber should the mood take her. Nime had become somewhat a paradice for Suhr - A place to reflect, as the water reflected the fading light of the year.

She exited the speeder that had brought her to the city, yet before she had a chance to pay, the driver had simply thanked her for being a Templar and left... It seemed Josiah had been right. There was an upshot to this, other than his training. Having been cramped up in a ship for all of an hour, Suhr opted to take a long walk along the piers. The breeze across the water was refreshing, it kissed the skin exposed by her usual training gear - which, as per all Twi'lek females was not exactly the most... protective of clothing articles. She smiled politely at a few locals, who seemed to treat her with respect. Being the apprentice of a member of the Templars Master's Council made her face known around the areas frequented, and it put her mind at ease. Partly because they trusted her to keep them safe, and keep them protected from the evils of the galaxy. It was a burden, but one she accepted willingly... She turned a corner, skipping through a shortcut to the central area of the docks. Sighting an older sail-and-motor style cruise ship docking, Suhr took the time to take a seat. It would be interesting to see which kind of people disembarked...

Juthan stretched as he stepped off the ship and breathed in, though he was wearing his robes his hood remained down and he made sure to hide his saber so that he could make this a good day. He looked out over the water again, nearly missing Suhr's presence as he turned his head but catching sight of her in the corner of his vision. He sighed and turned, walking over slowly. "Hello miss, good to see you again, hows your day been." He made a slight bow, more out of habit than courtesy as it had been something he'd done for years. @[member="Suhr"]

Suhr

S
@[member="Juthan'Athar"]

That chiss... He looked familiar to Suhr, but she couldn't quite twig where she'd seen him. The action on Dagobah, perhaps? She remembered something about a Chiss from that particular mission, but her memory of it was more than cloudy. That place... That place. She put the thought to the back of her mind - Compartmentalizing things had gotten easier recently, and she found it to be a handy skill to have. It made thinking about things clearly a little bit easier. She was sat on a smooth wooden post that was only just wide enough to accommodate her behind, her legs crossed daintily to avoid any curious passers getting a little bit too much of an eyeful. Suhr returned the bow with a polite inclination of her head, her chin dipping towards her right shoulder lightly.
"I'm well, thank you. As for my day? Well, perhaps I'll say there's been a little more exertion than I'd normally enjoy on a gorgeous day like this!" The green Twi'lek chuckled a little, remembering the past eight hours of solid training with her fellow Templars. And they were becoming her peers. It was a strange feeling to be a member of an Order again. "And how about yourself?" She smiled warmly at Juthan.

Juthan shrugged as she asked her question. "Not bad, been bland actually most of the day to tell the truth." He glanced to the space next to her and glanced back to her. "Mind if i take a seat?" He returned her smile with his own slight and closed smile, though he remained where he was until she answered. His arms though shifted behind him and hidden by his robe as he crossed his hands behind his lower back, something that came both naturally to him and that was instilled into him during his time at the academy for the Sith Empire's pilots. @[member="Suhr"]

Suhr

S
@[member="Juthan'Athar"]

"Aha. Bland doesn't sound that entertaining. And sure, if you can find one!" Suhr smiled warmly a him again. A breeze rolled in from the sea once again, and she took a moment just to enjoy it. It brought with it the smell of a healthy planet. A nice change from her homeworld. She watched as the various citizens followed Juthan off the ship - There must have been a good four hundred members of the public disembarking. Suhr took in the sights of all of them. It was moments like this that she missed Nar Shaddaa, indeed, she had never truly been away from large crowds unless she was travelling. "So... How do you even have a bland day on a planet like this?"

Juthan took a seat and leaned back, glancing at her from the corner of his eye and wearing the same slight smile. "Well, compared to flying in the blackness of space, with a view or the stars and nebulae that fill the skies, anything is bland for me. Other than a good datafile with the history of a planet or race on it or working on ships and droids, those i find enjoying. A boat ride for me is boring. Only reason its bland was it was horrid up until i found someone to talk to." He smiled alittle more, the odd attempt at a complement, and sadly that had been the best one he could think of on the spot, left in the air. @Suhr

Suhr

S
@[member="Juthan'Athar"]
She recognised the awkward compliment for what it was, and rewarded the Chiss with a light smile. "Space has never much interested me. I've seen enough bright lights to satisfy my curiosity. I much prefer the quiet of the hills, or the soft lapping of the water against the harbor walls. Either that, or the clashing of lightsabers. It's strange what we find solace in, isn't it?" She allowed her legs to swing ever so slightly, and shifted her view from the fast departing crowds of people to the vast expanses of the sea. Suhr often alikened the Force to this vast body of water, all encompassing and teeming with life. So much about the two was similar. They were similar also in the fact that Suhr knew she could never fully comprehend either... But that will not stop me from trying.

"A duel is calming when done without the threat of death. It lets you control yourself and perfect your movements, practice makes perfect and when thats done you can be confident in your ability to remove any threat to yourself or those you defend." He looked up at the sky himself, much like she liked the water, space was his wonder. Endless expanses that held wonders that Juthan hadn't even scratched the surface of understanding. @[member="Suhr"]

Suhr

S
@[member="Juthan'Athar"]
"Death is but a natural part of life, friend. And what is a dance of blades if not a dance of death anyway?" She grinned at him again. Suhr had learned to appreciate the fine balance between life and death that a lightsaber duel offered. She had never enjoyed the idea of taking another life, but striking down an opponent in combat had a certain... Thrill to it. "So I presume you'd prefer to be a spacer than say, an archaeologist, or a Templar then?" Her tone was lighthearted, as per normal for the chipper looking Twi'lek.

"Well, now theres a difference there. Yes id prefer to be a spacer over a Templar, but not over being a seeker of knowledge and artifacts. I prefer knowledge over all other things, over anger or happiness. Knowledge holds true power, whether that be someone's name, or a powerful force power." He had a peculiar expression on his face, one of glee that only grew more intense as he talked. "For ex.. im rambling aren't I?" @[member="Suhr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom