Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pompollumu Coast

Samatharis

S
90w1lUx.jpg
The Pompollumu Coast
Kashyyyk

It was just past sunset on a blindingly beautiful moonlit night nearer the Wookiee coast. The sounds of the midnight wildlife could be heard all around. Bugs and bees dancing in the starlight whilst waterlight flies and lantern beetles buzzed along the moonlight bay. All accompanied by the soft shimmering of the coastline's gentle breeze.

Here, amid the midnight orchestra of coastline wildlife and exotic sound, poor Daina McClaine of Silver Rest escaped the clutches of a terribly tall fern flower and walked out into the early white night. She scowled at the damp rocks along the warm watery coast that lead up the jetty trees. Massive wooden branches as big as a house that lanced out from the ridgeline rocks and overshot the coastal waters below. The daring mossy precipices were her final destination of the evening. For even now, she could see the far away lantern light of a wandering vagrant beach-goer. Perched high up in the farthest midnight branches.

So she scrapped and climbed. Jumped and Force jumped. All the way up to the longest green embankment. Then scuttled her way up the massively tall tree branch. Almost half way to the end. Muddling her boots against the rocks and pushing her way past all the dewy blue ferns too. Coming to stand just inside the wayward orange light of the farthest forgotten island lantern. Placing her hands on her hips and scowling once again at the small little person with his feet hanging over the ledge,

"Master Barns. What on earth, are you doing all the way out here, hmm?"

"Gah!"

The tiny creature jumped with surprise. Grabbing his wonderfully wide wizarding hat and spinning around like a wobbly ladle.

"Oh Diana! Goodness me, you gave me a fright. ...Why. Can't you see I'm reading?"

The tall blonde did little to hide the playful disdain so graciously shadowed in the bright moon light,

"Mmhmm. ...And just where are the Padawans you are supposed to be watching?"

The small round face of Master Barns seem to shrug with complete apathy. Stroking his long mustache and giving a slump of his tiny shoulders,

"Why. Off hunting rasperberries and mushroom tortes, I suppose? ...I did give them the assignment hours ago, ya know. Poor little toads. Can't even be bothered to return and report. Bother. Just what is this new generation coming too. Hrumph."

The tall blonde moved to the edge of the branch and gazed longingly over the perilous edge. Sighing deeply at good Master Barns lack of forethought,

"So you just decided to stay up here reading all night while our newest Temple Padawans mindlessly traversed a dangerous and ancient forest, in the dark. Hmm?"

He seemed to perk up and ponder his decision with new light. Stroking his round face and reaching for his cane.

"Well. Now, when you put it that way..."

The tiny little gnome stood up and straightened his wide cap.

"...I do suppose they're running a bit late. Couldn't hurt to putt around and around them all up now, I suppose."

Diana leaned over the edge of the giant tree branch. Gazing back down at him over her strong tall shoulders. Noting the terrible far fall into the ocean's watery bay should anybody lose their nimble footing all the way up here. Slip. Sploosh. Just like that, I'm afraid.

"I think that sounds like a splendid idea. Especially since, you and your class were supposed to be back at the temple by night fall. Anyway."

The tiny Master shoo'ed her away with his cane.

"Posh. Shoo. Shoo. You're in my lantern light missy. I'm going. I'm going."

Diana frowned as the tiny Master waddled on past. Slowly making his way down the tall wooden path. She knew she would have to accompany him.

"Then I suppose I'll follow along too. Wouldn't want you too get lost now, would we Master Barns?"

"Huph!"

The little gnome scoffed and trotted along with his cane in one hand and an unsettling large book in the other. Off to find the lost Temple Padawans in the forest. Hopefully. Before they were eaten by the wildlife or devoured by a carnivorous plant too.

Diana shrugged and followed suit. Stepping lightly down the wide wooden branch. Scowling silently with each new scuff of her perfectly polished black boots too. Reaching out and taking hold of the small orange lantern light that Master Barns had, so perfectly in-character, already forgotten he'd left behind.

*ooc: open to any good guys seeking adventure on Kashyyyk. Jedi Masters Barns and McClaine have some lost Padawans to find. Oh my. :D :p

Waves of night fauna crashed against the shores of her mind, their calls and grunts a rhythmic reminder of the dangers Kashyyyk possessed and yet it was no secret Illyria had spent much of her life training deep in the Shadow Lands with an overzealous master. Now that she was the padawan of a new master, one so important to the Order, it appeared she was being entrusted with greater responsibility. As was the case when a Master approached her, concerned that Master Barns’ class of padawans had not yet returned from their journey, and so the Hapan was charged with finding first the group’s master and then the group itself.

Nearly an hour later and Illyria found herself amid the Kasyyyk forests once more, though that was not a difficult task on a planet that was almost entirely forest. Which meant it was equally as simple of a task to get lost here, especially when an inexperienced padawan. Following in the direction she was told the master had intended to bring his group of padawans, she found herself staring up at trees that resembled titans. Towers that cast a net of shadow over the land, though still met with a great deal more sunlight than the surface of the planet, her Hapan eyes accustomed to the light as she stared up seeking a path that would bring her to where she needed to go. The sinking of the sun a constant reminder that she needed to hurry.

And with a force-imbued jump her boots braced against wood, then another jump and another. Finding herself on a path constructed by the Wookiees, she continued forwards allowing the Force to feel out any emotional presences – her plan for finding the padawans. Expecting panic and fear to roar into her mind she however found something more interesting, a tinge of concern and desire to find, as if her own emotions were being reflected back to her with a mirror. A burst of Force-imbued speed carried her towards the source and subsequent the sudden eruption of nearby plant life, her body carried through in a near blur, she stopped shortly before the two master Jedi and yet she appeared surprised to see them.

“Master Barns, I presume?” her eyes met the smaller of the two – the smaller of the three of them in fact – as expected from the description she was given. Yet Illyria was not expecting a second individual, one who was clearly not a padawan. “Master Arenais was concerned that you and your padawans hadn’t returned yet and so he sent me to find you.” Turning then to that secondary Jedi, the blonde woman who stood a few inches taller than Illyria, she gave a quick bow of the head before continuing. “Hello. Illyria Sol Rhia, padawan of Veiere Arenais.”

[member="Diana McClaine"]

Samatharis

S
[member="Illyria Sol Rhia"] arrived in a blur of motion. Causing poor Master Barns to almost fall over.

"Gah!"

He stumbled backwards and almost lost his hat. Slowly stopping to straighten his moustache and let his sudden panic swallow.

"Oh... Padawan of Arenais? Ah. Excellent. Yes."

Diana sighed behind him as Barns tugged on his wide wizarding cap. She flipped her hair and gave the Padawan a nod. None too surprised to see her arrive in style. Barns slowly climbed atop a smaller jutting branch to get a better look at Illyria. Stroking his chin as he peered closer to her face,

"Mmm. Hapan. Night blind. ...Drat drat. You'll never do. No no. Simply no good."

Barns turned back to look at a very dissatisfied and scolding Diana. Stately rather matter-of-factly,

"This one is just as likely to get lost as my pet turtle out here. She's Hapan you see. You can tell by the eyes. ...Anyway. Their kind is night blind by blood. I suspect as soon as we enter the deeper forest she'll fall right over. Kaput! Just like that . Really no good honestly. She'll just slow us down. Why don't you follow her Diana. She's all yours."

Barns then rustled his giant book and jumped down from his lofty pedestal. Slowly clambering away down the path,

"She's all yours Diana! I'm off. I'm off. Too many Padawans to find. So little time."

Diana let the little hermit go and sighed. Swinging her new tiny lantern a few times in the bright moon light. Then she turned to Sol Rhia,

"He's special like that. Heh."

She walked up closer and gave a nod,

"Master McClaine. SSC. And, you don't seem very night blind to me."

She pointed to back where Illyria had been Force Jumping through the trees. A quick gesture of faith.

"And I think." She smiled, "That you'll do just fine in helping me find a few lost Paddies. Hehe."

Diana turned her cuff over and tapped her wrist a few times. Quickly revealing a holographic map of the surrounding area. She turned to show it to Sol Rhia,

"Barns left the Padawans over here four hours ago. The South Forest Camp. So we'll head back there and use the Force to follow their trail. Exactly the same way I followed Barns all the way out here. There... Was four of them I believe. Teenagers. Two humans, a Sullustian male, and a Cather female. They all signed up for a Chemistry Class with Barns. Heh. Guess they got more than they bargained for eh? Ha."

Diana pulled her cuff back down and vanished the blue map.

"Anyway? Care to follow along or..." She pointed to the treetops, "...Shall I meet you there? Your preference. Hehe."

Diana was not one to use Force Speed all over the place. So, Sol Rhia was likely the faster and more nimble Jedi among the two. Especially on strange terrain.

_

[member="Illyria Sol Rhia"] |​

A surprised smile etched across her face as Barns examined her, “Oh, but –“ Illyria tried to get a word in as he spoke, but it was a futile effort, and before she could hope to react the eccentric master had tut-tut’d away leaving her alone in the company of the blonde woman. If his words had been a lightsaber Illyria wouldn’t have stood a chance. As her eyes followed his quick exit the other master had then stepped forwards, drawing the padawan’s attention back to her. And at her – McClaine’s – comment Illyria lightly laughed “I had been warned. But he still took me by surprise.”

She was told that Barns’ was quick to a conclusion, at times even in his own world, she just didn’t expect that he would be able to identity her species with such ease. Nor that he would acknowledge her night-blindness by her eyes. Very few could, really. But ultimately, he was correct in that her eyes almost appeared to not react at all to the dark, a subtle hint of it apparent in the day, but as McClaine remarked on her blindness as well – she too was correct. “I compensate with the Force, not unlike the Miraluka.” Rare as they were they were perhaps the most well known case study of those relying on the Force for sight, and likewise Illyria had to train herself in that same way during her years in the Shadow Lands, lest she go entirely blind on a surface where light could not reach.

Imbuing her sight with the Force resulted in a peculiar effect, where objects and plants were translucent allowing her to see through them and people were largely distinguished by an alignment which manifested in varying colourful shades – and in the case of Barns and McClaine, they were vibrant blues.

Turning to the master as she with a few taps summoned a holographic map of the area, Illyria stepped closer to gain a better view. Nodding along with McClaine’s mission report she already knew the answer to her question as the glow of the map flicked off in a mere instant. “I’ll follow your lead. Wouldn’t want to get lost and be another padawan in need of help.” She spoke in jest, her logic in this scenario that it was probably best not to split up. Whoever first found the padawans, assuming they had not split up, would then inevitably need to guide them in search of the others. It was a lot of trouble when it simply made sense to stick together.

Waiting for McClaine she turned and began following in Barns’ steps, tracing the pressed grass and leafs, nevertheless vibrant despite their crushed nature. “Let's hope this doesn’t discourage other padawans from Master Barns’ classes.”

Samatharis

S
Diana nodded to Sol Rhia's choice. Sticking together was probably for the best then.

Besides. Illyria's prowess was already something to be commended for her age. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have her along. She seemed like the type who could back flip over Diana anyway.

"Excellent. Let's hustle then. We'll go this way."

Diana used the Force to jump up high onto another massive fallen branch. This one seemed to lead upwards and back into the forest. Taking them just out of sight of the coast. Diana laughed at the mention of Barn's classes being discourage-able. Truly, she honestly hoped he just went back to reading data disks in the library all week long. Barns was an astute researcher, sure. He could tell if you were sick or lacked sleep just by looking at you. As Sol Rhia had already noticed. He could even deduce your species and quirks just by looking into your eyes. A Jedi trait, no doubt. But still? Clever little gnome. Alas, if only he had ever learned how to get along with people? Tsk tsk.

Diana jogged easily among the wet and full leaves of the giant tree. Feeling as small as Master Barns beside such giant and illustrious foliage. Here and there. Glowbugs roamed the soft blue ferns and bellybusters buzzed about like tiny helicopters. Ten different kinds of lizards slithered about in the white moon light and a large fist-sized blue beetle more than once crossed their treetop path. Easily avoided. Easily bemused. The midnight wildlife was thick and tedious all the way up here. Diana made a note to keep up the pace.

Then suddenly the giant tree trunk they had been using as a bridge back into the forest stopped. Covered over the path was a dozen giant ferns and a batch of glamourous exotic flowers. Completely blocking the way forward. They where well within the trees now.

"Well." Diana looked around for a moment. Looking up and down. "So. Shall we Tarzan? Or shall we Jane?"

She pointed to a another nearby giant branch off to the east,

"Let's swing over there, yeah?"

She reached out and gathered up a humongously long jungle vine. Quick to inspect it's long length for the obnoxious slithering snakes. She tugged on it for good measure.

"Excellent. And, easy does it..."

She leapt out into the open space between the trees and swung right on over to the nearest branch. Then she grabbed another vine and prepared to do it again. I suppose, she had chosen: Tarzan.

"These red vines seem to do the trick. They're a bit thick but... Both hands then, I suppose."

She jumped again and swung over to her target. Landing easily upon the next giant wooden path.

"There. Ya see. Nothing to it."

The blonde woman smiled and motioned for Illyria to follow.

"Come along then. Can't have Master Barns beating us there, now can we? Hehe."

Bah. As if the poor gnome wasn't lost already.

Meanwhile.

As time passed in the forests above. Two teenage Padawans were still busy exploring the cave network beneath the Southern Reach. Malcom and Hera. Both searching along the damp stone paths of the underworld. Their orange lanterns on their belt guiding them forward.

"Mal." The grumpy girl moaned from behind, "...Come on. We've been at this for hours. I'm tired."

The brown haired boy turned with a frown in the orange dark and sighed,

"Here then. Let me carry your pack too. It's not much further anyway. Just up this incline and boom. We're in sight of the coast. No problem."

The dark haired girl sighed loudly and found a damp rock to rest upon. Unslinging her backpack as she sighed.

"The coast won't help. We've been wandering down here for ages. It's probably already nighttime up there anyway. Ah. And just look at my shoes. I'm soaked up the ankles. Blast it all."

The male gestured wildly and stomped around the jagged tall tunnel. Shaking his head with boredom and a deep somber sigh.

"Look Hera. We'll be fine. We got all the ingredients Barns wanted, and then some. We'll get an A on the project for sure. Now. All we have to do is find our way back to the surface and find Barns nearer the beach. You know how he is."

"Ah!" The girl shouted with frustration and threw her pack down, "I don't care about Barns! I don't care about this stupid project! I've been hiking for hours and my feet are colder than a bantha's blizzard down here. Damn it Mal. Can't we just... Go? Anywhere."

He stopped and suddenly seemed quite defeated. Taking a seat nearby her on these lonely cavern rocks.

"Fine."

He lamented. Unslinging his pack and letting it drop to the floor. Not even bothering to gather up the mushrooms and frozen flashbugs that spilled out.

"Let's just rest a moment. Then. We'll head back up top and radio for a ride out of here."

He checked his brown wrist com and nodded.

"No signal down here anyway."

Hera slumped against the wall and sighed. She looked tired, wet, and sleepy.

"Mal..."

"Yeah."

He turned. Looking everybit as worn out as her.

"Next time we study for a chemistry class together. Can't it just make out instead?"

"Ha. Yeah. Right. ...It's a promise."

He stood up and moved to her side. Slowly brushing away her mated hair and kissing her on the forehead. Then he brushed her cheek and took another deep breath. Picking up both of their packs and sllinging them both over his shoulder.

"Come on. We're almost out of here."

"Yeah."

She slowly stood up and longingly dusted herself off. Okay. She was ready.

"Okay. Right behind ya."

Just a few more steps to go.

Diana moved to the edge of the giant branch and looked down through the forest canopy again. They were getting close now. The Southern Camp must have been right below them.

She turned around and looked back at Illyria,

"This should be pretty close. The prefab shelter should be right below us somewhere. Tucked into the biggest tree the Wookiees could find. Proably a few stories above ground. I suppose we'll see the light through the windows long before we find the door. Should be an easy catch."

She pointed downwards. They were in the middle of the forest now. No signs nor smell of the coastline here. Though, the trickle of water through the trees and the marshy wet mud that decorated the treetop paths still suggested a rainforest very near to moisture. You did still have to be careful not to slip.

Diana grabbed another hanging redvine and slowly wrapped it around a broken boulder. Tugging it tight and nodding.

"I'll slip down this way. Use those Force powered eyes of yours to keep a look out for our base camp. I doubt there will be smoke coming from the chimney, but. Well? You never know."

She winked at the Hapan Padawan and carefully fell over the side of the path. Letting the stretchy vine slowly pull her downward. Then she grabbed another and repeated. Slowly falling downward at a careful pace.

"Hey!"

She shouted from below.

"See anything!?"

Daggers of moon light piearced through the trees. Yet much of the forest was blanketed in soft shadows and buzzing yellow lights. No wonder it was so hard to see the tiny encampment from up here.

Bleh.

__

Following the master with relative ease Illyria kept an eye out for anything resembling weary and exhausted padawans, alas, she didn’t really think it would be that easy. Planting her feet atop the large fallen branch as she continued to follow the master further into the ever-expansive forests of Kashyyyk. It was hard not to feel like a mortal in the presence of gods when every bit of flora towered over you, or that you were a mere insect in the presence of towering bipedal creatures. Illyria had spent nearly her entire life here on Kashyyyk and still she could not help but feel overwhelmed at times with the planet’s forests – she could only imagine what it would feel like the day she stepped down onto another planet. Would everything seem smaller to her then?

And as they reached the end of their Wookiee-constructed path, now very well amid the forest, Illyria looked to McClaine. Tarzan or Jane. Illyria didn’t understand the reference, but it did not seem to matter as the master abruptly leapt out with a vine and swung across a chasm, catching the padawan by surprise as she rushed forwards in some likely futile attempt to catch the woman if she needed it. Watching the woman swing her way across, as adapt as the varying fauna here, she too was then beckoned over. “Right, yeah –“ taking hold of the nearest suitable vine, a tinge of doubt in her tone, “— why not?”

Like a leap of faith, the padawan swung vine-to-vine as adeptly as she could, having never done this prior, before catching up to McClaine. Hopefully those padawans had the energy for the travel back, or they find an alternate path back.

As they traveled through the persistent shrubbery Illyria began to wonder if they were nearing their destination and as if she were reading her mind, the master turned to look at her, confirming that they were close. Nodding in agreement to her plan Illyria remained above, searching the nearby forests for any obvious auras, but she did not find any. Animals and insects were all that she spotted in terms of organisms, though fortunately none too dangerous. Turning her attention instead to the search for the base, she knew it would not be on the surface of the planet – much too dangerous of a place for unescorted padawans. But it wasn’t on the level she was currently.

Peering over the edge and through the varying translucent flora – from her perspective, anyways – she could not see any obvious signs of a base in-use. Which likely meant the padawans were no longer here, if they ever were. Taking hold of the vine that McClaine had traveled down Illyria did the same, quickly leaping to a nearby one however, not wanting to test the vines strength with their combined weight. Steadily lowering herself the Hapan eventually spotted what appeared to be a shelter, seeing it through the thick trunk of a tree, and so Illyria found the nearest and seemingly sturdiest branch to ground herself. Pushing a large leaf aside she turned to look down to the master as she called up, “I think I see it!”

And with a Force-imbued leap she carefully made her way around the tree, waiting for McClaine to catch up, before leaping a few more times onto higher and higher branches before landing just above the decidedly no longer in-use shelter. The only source of light now the rays of moonlight, which meant those padawans had moved on. "Looks like they moved on, but worth investigating. Let's hope they made this easy and left a note."

Samatharis

S
Diana leapt down next to Illyria with a smile,

"Left a note? Ha. ...Nice."

Girl had a sense of humor. She strutted on past her and opened the plasteel latch near the door. Flipping the lock, the wide door hissed open.

"No lights on. Yep. Nobodies home."

She walked inside and hit the light switch. Immediately a completely cozy little cabin opened up around them. Sparsely decorated in Wookiee fashion. Spartan, but not without a touch of warm comfort. Diana immediately turned down a small hallway and found the women's restroom.

"I'm going to wash up a sec. Look around and see what you can find."

The door closed behind her and Sol Rhia was alone in the comfortable space. Just her, a desk full of paperwork, a dozen fuzzy rugs, and an empty bounty board. Oh! And a mini-fridge! But. Darn, it was empty. So much for free drinks.

On the nearby wall there was a fire extinguisher, a first aid kit, some emergency stims, and a laminated poster full of weird map markings. Cave entrances maybe? Somebody had linked the points of interest together. Could be a cave network of some kind maybe?

On the desk lay a few scribbled drawings of flora and fauna. Research notes? A few mushrooms. Maybe a recipe or inventory? More scribbles. Could be Barn's work perhaps. Wookiees didn't keep notes lying around in forest camps. And this stuff seemed fresh too. The desk wasn't half as dusty as the fireplace over there. Mm.

*flush*

The door opened down the hallway and Diana came waltzing out with a happy sigh. Rubbing her wet hands with a fresh cloth and nodding to the door.

"So. Find anything."

She began looking around the walls. Then peered out a window at the dark night beyond. It was so much less humid in here. She kinda liked it.

_

Following Master McClaine into the shelter her eyes felt as if they almost winced at the sudden burst of light, the contrast sudden, the relief more so. Fortunately Force Sight was nothing like the use of night-vision goggles and upon the flick of the light switch Illyria did not recoil in pain. Dropping the ability, no longer necessary here, the Hapan nodded in response to the master deciding to retreat into the washroom – though she had little idea if the master saw her acknowledgment. Nevertheless, she turned back around to the heavy door and pushed it shut, the door sealing with an audible thud.

Stepping to the centre of the room, Illyria peered around the blend of minimalistic necessity mixed with an aura of spartan furnishings, the shelter surprisingly roomy given its location, but then again, she was just one and the padawans were four. The influence of both Jedi and Wookiee evident in its design as the padawan now began to investigate the space. No notes. It never was that easy, was it? Deciding to first flip through the paperwork atop the desk, its design decidedly Jedi, she quickly scanned through the document. Notes on local flora, fungi, insects and minerals. Further into the notes the mention of a nearby cavern, a cavern on the surface, and she noted the mention of the surface her stomach dropped slightly.

The Shadowlands as the Wookiees knew the surface and for good reason. All manner of monstrosities stalked the eternally dark surface, the canopy above too thick for the sun to penetrate, resulting in an environment favourable to all manner of predators. Illyria had spent much of her time there training with her former master and it was a place she would warn any padawans away from, not without the company of an experienced Jedi. “Mm.” With any luck they were not dead.

With the notes in hand she again began to investigate the shelter, finding herself before a map down the same hall McClaine had traveled. Circled cavern entrances the confirmation she needed, and a deep sigh escaped her, looking to the nearest one. As McClaine rejoined her Illyria quickly turned to face her, urgency evident in her aura. “They’re in a cavern – about two klicks east of here – meaning they’re in the Shadowlands. We need to hurry – if we’re lucky they haven’t been eaten already.” Moved quickly, they were about twenty minutes away from the entrance, beyond that, they would need to find them. Turning back towards the entrance she again pulled it open, the familiar hiss the trigger for Illyria to again imbue her sight with the Force, once more met with darkness.

AewcxEQb_o.png
[member="Diana McClaine"]​

Samatharis

S
As Sol Rhia opened the door she was suddenly greeted by three surprised faces. Master Barns, Hurk, and Maya. The missing Sullustian and Cathar pair. All three of them looking rather agasp at finding other Jedi inside their bungalow.

"Yubba yubba?" Hurk asked with a frown.

"How should I know?" Maya scoffed and threw her long braided hair over her shoulder, "Probably the last chemistry class Master Barns lost in these infernal woods. Bah."

"Now now. Let's settle down please." Barns scuttled on past Illyria and moved into the shelter. Tapping his cane every step of the way. "Diana? What on god's green earth are you doing here in my research center? Aren't you supposed to be rescuing this poor Hapan girl and getting her back to base?"

Meanwhile, the teenagers Hurk and Maya both flopped down upon the couch with a huff. Clearly they were both muddy, wet, and undoubtedly exhausted. Just about to pass out.

Diana opened the mini-fridge and sighed when she found nothing inside. Then turned back to the insane Barns and gestured for Illyria to close the door,

"Padawan Sol Rhia and I were looking to rescue your lost Padawans actually. And... Last I remember. There were four of them, yes?"

Barns threw his hands in the air and slowly waddled over to his desk. Obviously infuriated at Diana's constant clambering.

"Lost! Bah! Why, here they are right here. Not lost. ...In fact. All I had to do was call them on the radio. You didn't think of that, now did you. Bah. Lost! Really."

Diana frowned and looked at Illyria. Shaking her head and sighing aloud,

"Then were are the other two?"

From the couch. Maya's sleepy corpse raised a quick taloned hand, "They went of in search of adventure and a private place they could hide from the rest of us and make out. Duh."

"Yubba yubba." Hurk sighed and turned over. Probably asleep already. Poor guy.

Maya slowly stood up and patted her robes off with her claws,

"See. It was like this ma'am. We were in the caves down by the coast. Just like Master Barns had said. Then, like. Mal and Hera were all. Hey. We're going to go look over here. Why don't you and Hurk go that way. We'll split up and cover more ground. And, like. Hera was all blushing and holding Mal's arm like he's some story book hero or something and like, I'm all, whatever dip nuts. So, like..."

Master Barn's turned around and looked at Maya. Then grabbed some of his notes and made quick ear plugs out of them. Then stuffed them in his long pointy ears and huffed. Turning about to his research notes and completely ignoring the poor girl and her strange story.

Diana sighed.

Teenagers.

"...And then. Like. Hurk and I didn't see a single mushroom down there for hours. All we found were like, rocks and stuff."

Diana gestured her story forward,

"Yes yes. So where are... Mal and Hera, now?"

"Malcolm." Maya corrected.

Diana rolled her eyes. Maybe Barns had the right idea with the earplugs after all. She sighed and gestured again.

"Yes. Malcolm. Where are they?"

"Yubba yubba." Hurk murmured from beneath a pillow.

"He said. How should I know?" Maya nodded.

Great.

Diana rubbed her tired eyes and turned back to Barns.

"Barns. What's the com number?"

He couldn't hear her. Earplugs.

"Barns!" She gave a magic gesture and the paper flew out of his ears like rocket darts. Pew!

"Gah!" He nearly fell off his chair. "...What what!? God's in heaven Diana! What is it now!?"

Diana smiled and replied quite softly,

"Com number for the kids. What is it?"

"Oh? It's channel 49. Though, naturally. They won't be able to hear you if they're still down in the caverns. I tried to raise them already. No luck I'm afraid."

Diana shrugged with disdain,

"So what's the plan? Just wait here until..."

"Yes. Of course." Barns barked back at her. "You don't expect me to go traipsing around in some underground cavern all night looking for two perfectly capable space wizards, now did you? Bah! Ridiculous. No wonder you haven't found them yet. Terrible idea really. So sad. Bah. Bah."

He turned back to his desk and made another pair of earplugs. Quite content not to say, or hear, anything else.

Diana licked the inside of her cheek with boredom. Then turned back to Padawan Sol Rhia.

"Two klicks to the east huh? Welp. Come on then."

Maya flicked her feline eyes back and forth between the pair. Seemly quite confused, "Wait? Where are you going?"

Diana turned and motioned towards the door,

"Illyria and I are going to rescue Mal and Hera from, god-knows-where underground. We'll be back in an hour or less. So... You and him should stay here and rest up. Besides, somebodies got to watch Barns and make sure he doesn't burn the place down while we're away."

"...I heard that you devil woman!"

Maya blinked at Barn's outburst. Then back at Diana, "Oh. Okay. ...Um. Actually. I think Hurk and I are going to call for a Glider pick up and head back to base. I don't think Master Barns is going to grade our project tonight anyway. Mmm."

Diana shrugged.

"Suit yourself."

Then she turned and marched out the door. Waiting outside for Illyria to join her.

Hurk waved them goodbye from underneath his pillow. Maybe now that everyone was quiet and calm? He could finally get some sleep.

"yubba yubba."

Phew.

Outside the shelter now. Surrounded only by the dark of midnight and the soft sounds of the somber forest. Diana turned and sighed to Illyria.

"Right. Okay. So I guess we're in for another hike then."

She tapped her com a few times and checked channel 49. Nothing yet. Where ever Mal and Hera were. It wasn't within com range.

"Anyway. You mentioned the Shadowlands earlier. How familiar are you with this forest then? Care to catch me up on your skill set?"

Diana reached inside her long coat and withdrew her Lightsaber. Obviously checking it for combat readiness. Then she looked back at Sol Rhia and seemed to size her up as well.

Time to prepare for the worst.

_

The words that spilled forth from Barns’ fell on deaf ears, her attention quickly captured by what she was hearing from the two young padawans – who in truth were not much younger than herself, if they even were – Illyria found herself momentarily thankful that her training had removed herself from the presence of people like them. And as the four exchanged words Illyria was glad to remove herself from the situation as she once more stepped through the entrance of the shelter, embracing the night with her Force-imbued eyes.

Turning to meet McClaine as she then joined her outside, the Hapan would have likely been expressing quite a bit of exasperation from her eyes, if not for the fact she couldn’t see the details of the master’s face any longer. Just the aura of blue. A persistent radiance that draped the entirety of her frame, Illyria now simply waiting for her to confirm that she was ready to go. One way or another someone had to go to those caverns. “The Shadowlands are what the Wookiees call the surface of the planet, the areas that do not receive any sunlight due to the trees that tower above. It’s effectively an eternal night. It is also where the planet’s fiercest predators happen to live and thrive.”

All in all, it was probably the worst-case scenario for inexperienced padawans to be, especially in a cave of all places. “I was trained there.” The experience was still fresh to her, and though it would not be evident from Illyria’s aura, she really was not looking forward to returning. It was but six months ago she finally left the Shadowlands with her prior master and now here she was, hoping to prevent two other padawans from remaining in them indefinitely. The padawan didn’t have to acknowledge that she would playing tour guide in this instance, they both knew it, and as McClaine gripped the hilt of her own lightsaber Illyria offered her a choice – one of which would necessitate the use of that lightsaber.

“We can either descend to the surface now where the route will be smoother albeit more dangerous. Or we can try to remain in the trees, but we’ll moving slower. Have a preference master Jedi?”

AewcxEQb_o.png

Samatharis

S
Diana's blue glow seemed to nod with understanding,

"Let's stick to the trees. I know. I know. We're pressed for time. But I can't let us endanger ourselves or risk falling into quicksand or a spider's lair just yet. The rescue team needs to be ready for whatever Mal and Hera have gotten themselves into. Not be in need of rescue ourselves. So we'll play it safe and make sure all of make it back to the Temple. Nice and easy."

There was doubt in her voice as she said that. Obviously, she would have loved to have picked the faster more dangerous route. Alas. Leadership sometimes meaning playing the adult. Safety first, and all that.

"Okay. This is your show now."

She gestured Illyria to lead the way.

"Let's go find us some Paddies."

Meanwhile. Underground.

"Psst. Mal?"

"Shhh."

He gestured for the woman at his side to be quiet. The giant monster was sleeping.

"Mal. What is that thing?"

"Shhh. Hera. It's a Great Yar. And it's sleeping. Keep it down."

The brown haired girl snuck up closer to Malcolm and clutched his arm tightly. She hated these types of situations. Why. Why.

"But. How are we going to get around?"

"Ugh. I don't know. It's asleep so. Maybe we can just. Sneak around?"

Underground, the two Padawans knelt down behind a tall rock and looked down towards the cavern's floor. Their small tunnel had lead them out into a much larger cave expanse. This one obviously some type of small aquifer. A small underground stream ran down over several rock formations and filtered into a large pool much farther below. There were tight trails and steep cliffs every where. Yet, worst of all. There singular pathway that lead over a great ravine took them right past a Great Yar's nest. At least. If they wanted to keep going up towards the coast, that was.

Hera pointed down the ravine towards some other tunnels far below.

"What about that way?"

"No no. Hera. Look. We have to move towards the coastline. If we go back or down? We'll end up in the Shadowlands when we come out."

She looked so tired in their dim lantern light. It made his heart fall just looking at her. Still, she sighed and gestured not to understand,

"So? Anything's better than this frozen place, right?"

"No no. It's not like that."

He turned slowly to make sure the giant monster hadn't heard them. Luckily, it was still snoring loudly. Fast asleep.

"Hera look. We have to keep moving up. Towards the coastline. That's where Barn's will be. And, there won't be any crazy packs of carnivores either. That's. The Shadowlands."

She looked defeated and nodded along softly. They were both wet and tired from hiking all day. Mal had emptied their packs into the river awhile ago too. So. They wouldn't even be passing their Chemistry Quiz either. What a terrible day.

"Fine. But I still don't think we'll be able to sneak around that... Thing."

Mal sighed and looked up over the rock. He didn't see any other way around.

"It's the only way Hera. We have to try. I mean... We can't stay sitting here forever. It's already night out. Somebody is probably looking for us already."

She moved to object, then quickly sighed along. She was too tired to argue.

"Fine. I'll follow your lead. Let's go."

They both took a big breath and stepped around the rock quietly. Climbed down the cliff. Watched the giant monster for any signs of motion. Then slowly, and quietly. Began to shuffle along the narrow bridge across the wet underground ravine.

The beast didn't stop snoring and Mal didn't stop sneaking.

That was, until he had to pass right by it's bird-like nest and one giant yellow eye snapped open to stare back at him.

"Gah!?"

The beast had stopped snoring.

"Gah!?"

Hera clasped a hand over her mouth.

~ AWWWOOO! ~

The giant monster flipped over on all fours and howled with crazed passion!

"Mal!"

"Hera run!!!"

The male Padawan used a burst of the Force to push the beast's nest right over the side of the ravine. Smashing and crashing as it went. Taking a tumbling Giant Yar with it! Crash, smash, and splash! The nest tumbled right down into the aquifer below. Yet the giant beasty was now nowhere in sight.

"Mal!"

Hera stood up on the far ledge. Right beside the exit tunnel.

"Mal hurry!"

"I'm coming!"

He scrambled up the slippery steps just as two massive claws overtook the steep cliffs behind him. The Yar was scrambling up the rocks from it's giant fall. Scraping and clawing to get back up top.

"Mal hurry! It's climbing!"

"I know! I know! Just run!"

Hera helped him reached the summit with a quick pull of his clothes. Then, together, the soggy couple dashed into the tunnel. Hustling their way up the steep incline and headed for the coast. Using the Force to boost them along where they could.

"Mal? Is it still following us?"

"Don't look Hera! I can still hear it! Just keep going!"

Together they scrambled up the jagged tight tunnels of the underground Kashyyyk. Dashing over small spiders, colorful lizards, and a few hardy tree roots too. Alas. In the wet and muddy darkness behind them. A giant scaled reptile Yar was still climbing, rushing, breaking, and tracking.

Howling all the way.

_

A brief nod was Illyria’s only response to the master’s decision. It was likely the smarter of the two choices: if they got caught up fighting whatever beasts that may be lying in wait, it could end up taking just as long as if they had kept to the trees. Turning in the direction of the cavern Illyria peered over the edge of the little platform that had been constructed to hold the shelter steady, vines and shrubbery desperately encroaching on it, like the hands of the damned pulling you into the underworld. Maybe it just seemed that way to Illyria as she now judged her footing atop a dark translucent world.

Pushing the thought aside Illyria once again used the Force to leap to a nearby tree, boots impacting the thick branch that jutted out at an awkward angle, her hands clasping the same branch near the top steadying herself before continuing this process. One-by-one the process was definitely slower than if they had been running along relatively even ground – such as the surface – but after a little time they would develop a pattern and the process would quicken, only slowing when met with a tree that was angled significantly differently, taking that time to be a little more careful. Illyria, repeatedly looking back to McClaine, sometimes directing her to stop, to slow, to continue. Illyria had done this many times before – sometimes it had been a game, other times it was necessary to avoid a particularly nasty beast.

Least that experience was now paying off. And as they continued east over the next half hour, it was about halfway to the cave entrance that the low growling of a beast below them that Illyria had them move a little more cautiously until satisfied they were not being followed – all of these directions directed to the master via telepathy, Illyria’s voice an echo in the master’s mind, not wanting to attract any additional attention as they traversed. Shoving aside the large flora of Kashyyyk, ducking branches, and using thicker branches as their path, the process was undoubtedly a workout.

And just about when it started to feel like they had been doing this forever, Illyria stopped abruptly. McClaine would surely know why. The howling of a beast of some sort echoing nearby – Illyria paused as the chilling echo reached them, sounding a little bit away from them, but close enough they very well could encounter the source of that sound. The padawan just wasn’t entirely sure where it was. Waiting for the master to join her on the same branch, the Hapan peered off into the distance, her eyes searching through the trees before them. “I see – I think I see the cave entrance, which is where I’m guessing that sound just came from.” Which didn’t bode well for the padawans supposedly within. The cave entrance of course connected to a mountain, though one not terribly tall, her eyes now looking for a similar entrance closer to the top of the mountain – or at least somewhere they would plausibly be running towards if for some reason they were fleeing some howling monstrosity.

“I see another entrance, a little higher up, looks like it opens into a cliff. We can reach it by keeping to the trees and dropping down. If they are in there with – whatever made that sound – they are either running up to higher ground, or down into the Shadowlands.” Peering at the towering trees near the cliff, their branches still criss-crossing above the stone cliff like a web, it wouldn’t be too much of a drop to get there. Though if something was chasing them then it undoubtedly could use those trees just as well as they could – if not better. Unfortunately, Illyria could not see through the mountain itself – there was just too much – and so she instead turned to the master. “Which entrance do you think is our best bet?” They would either need to leap further up the Kashyyyk trees and then drop down onto the cliff for the taller entrance, or descend to the surface for the lower entrance, which they could now see with their own eyes.

AewcxEQb_o.png

Samatharis

S
Diana listened closely from her perch aside Sol Rhia. Her breath was taunt from all the jumping and she sorely wished her boots had fared better on this strange terrain. Still, this was no Sith marathon. Just an unexpected second outing of exercise. She'd be fine. Even if her long coat was getting a bit muddy at the fringe.

Illyria mentioned two entrances underground. Diana didn't really care about any howling beasts at the moment. Probably just the local wildlife being, well... local. She honestly doubted it had anything to do with the Padawans either. What were the odds of that anyway? Probably...

Wait.

Suddenly the Force began tugging at her mind. This was a strong revelation too. Not the idle kind. It was trying to get her attention. Which, was odd really. Such a thing had only happened to Diana maybe, two or three times in her whole lifetime.

"Hold on. I'm getting something."

She needed to take this seriously.

The blonde woman closed her eyes and concentrated. Really meditated on the Force now. Opening her mind and entering a golden alternate reality. Letting the Force guide her to whatever vision it wanted her to see. Indeed. Rightly so too.

"It's a Great Yar." She mumbled, "It's below us. Looking for Mal and Hera. They're okay. But, really tired. I see... Bottom entrance. Near the ground. They're heading for the coast. Just pasted underneath us. We need to hurry and catch up with them."

Diana opened her eyes and looked wildly at Illyria. There was a sudden power to her blue aura. As if she was charging up for something crazy.

"No more choices. Move! Move! Go go go!"

She leapt from the tree and fell openly all the way to the ground. The earth exploding underneath her as she landed like a missile. Boom. Not waiting for anything now. Not even sure if Sol Rhia was keeping up or not. There was a power to her form. An otherworldly strength to her movements. Diana was rushing now. Using the Force like an ocean of water. She blitzed into the cave and vanished in the darkness. Like the lightning, she was fast. Crazy fast. Unbelievably fast.

Something was very, very wrong indeed. And she had to get there now. Right. Now.

Least it be too late already.

Hera suddenly stopped mid sprint. Mal almost crashed right into her,

"Hera? What!"

"Somebodies up there! Above us! ...Here! Quick! This way!"

She shot off into a side tunnel. Obviously, not the right way.

"Hera wait! That's not the right..."

A sudden howl from behind him silenced all conversation. The Yar was close.

"Chit! ...Wait up!"

Exasperated, Mal followed Hera into the wrong tunnel. They ran for a bit. Then stopped at a dead end. The passage was clogged with tree branches as big as a boulder. A solid wooden palisade and a grave deadly trap, just for two.

Mal almost panicked, "Hera! Chit. It's a dead end!?"

"No!" Hera stammered as she paced back and forth at the wall, "It's here. It's here. The Force is telling me..."

~ AWWOOO ~

Mal's eyes were huge as he spun around to spot the Yar at the end of the tunnel. They were trapped. Dead. Trapped.

"Chit chit chit. Hera!"

"Oh no. Mal. Not like this!"

"Use the Force, Hera. Make a barrier!"

The male Jedi suddenly gained a stroke of inspiration and knelt down on one knee. Raising up his arms and slowly forming a barrier over the tunnel expanse. Likewise, Hera did her best to join him. Kneeling down beside him and doing her best to join his trance.

"Hurry. We have to..."

BAM!

The Yar slammed headfirst into the barrier. Nearly breaking it in two.

"Gah!"

"Mal!"

BAM! BAM! BAM!

"Mal. I can't hold it!"

"Gahh! Neither. Can. I... Gahh!"

Smash! The Yar burst right throw the thin blue shimmer of space magic. Almost tumbling right into the two Jedi. Mal tried to jump out of the way but was clawed up against the wall. Throw back and aside.

"Gahh!"

Hera rushed to his side as the Yar tumbled around beside her. Looking to find it's footing with only mere centimeters between it and it's prey.

"Mal. I'm sorry. I'm sorry!"

They embraced just as two yellow eyes locked on to them from behind. This was the end.

"Illyria! Force Push! Now!"

A booming voice shouted from beyond them as the tunnel suddenly grew to burst in a bright blue overwhelming light.

It encapsulated everything.

The Yar stood up straight on all fours in tantric wonder at the wild light that was coming from the tunnel behind it's tail. It's wild yellow eyes flinching and bubbling as the wooden branches nearby burst into sudden blue fireworks. Splinters of aquaic flame and bursting white sparks. Exploding and cascading like an eruption from without. A Lightsaber. Carved a clean hole right through the wooden barricade and exploded outwards with a blast of the Force. Kaboom! Crash! Leaving nothing but a glowing molten hole in the tunnel's wide expanse. The sudden Force Push sending the pulverized wooden debris flying about the tunnel like a shotgun.

~ AWWOO ~

"Gah!"

Two figures stood behind the glowing white expanse. Stepping through the hole and standing bravely in the wild blue glow of Diana's pulsating sword. Suddenly causing Mal and Hera's terrible faces to glow with renewed vigor.

The cavalry had arrived.

"Heya guys. Mind if we step in?"

Mal and Hera clutched each other tightly and could almost cry for joy. Sniffling and sobbing in the warm blue glow. They were saved.

~ AWWWOOO! ~

The panicked Yar reared up on it's back two legs. Fulling filling the tunnel up with it's terrible scaled form. Only a hair's breath away from the others. It's eyes wild with panic and madness. Such madness and a fight. Like it was about to burst, scream, ravage, or even flee? They didn't have much time. She had to do something!

"Illyria!"

Diana called with a shift in her back foot,

"Let's go!"

_

A green glow pulsated in the darkness of the cavern, the vibrant blade of her lightsaber a beacon held before her, a single blade all that was currently ignited as she held her double-bladed lightsaber. A dance of blue and green filled the cavern, their glow illuminating the fearful expressions of the padawans, the light a concert of spectacle as they flashed across nearby crystals, stone, and the eyes of the beast that roared before them. They had arrived about as last minute as they could have, but that was still better than not arriving at all – if no one thought it strange that Barns’ class had yet to return, these two would have surely died.

Illyria should have been tired after her continuous exertion of the Force. Imbuing her ability to see, to run, to jump, and then creating a path using telekinesis – she should have been at least a bit winded. The medallion around her neck however sustained her, the first time she had felt evidence of its power since the Silver Jedi had given it to her. The medallion had allowed her to retain her energy up until now – but Illyria had a feeling it wouldn’t be able to handle much more, her eyes trained on the bellowing beast who appeared to now be sizing them up. Two fearful teenagers were little issue for it, but now it faced a total of four individuals, two of which wielding weapons that intensely radiated energy.

They all had but one life and the creature was starkly aware of that fact and so for now it roared, stood tall, but did not yet attack, despite the ferocity evident in its eyes – it was not feral. It was weighing the risks. The Hapan however did not wish to leave things up to chance and her attention fell to the padawans – though she did not turn physically away from the creature. “You two. Start retreating through the hole. Slowly.” Undoubtedly, they would hesitate at her order but faced with staring death in the eyes they would comply, helping each other to their feet, where they would then begin to very carefully move back through the entrance Illyria and McClaine had created. Until one of them slipped, stumbling just slightly forwards, the beast startled by the sudden movement and lunged at them.

As if she had been waiting for the moment a burst of invisible energy escaped from Illyria’s free hand and crashed into the beast, blasting the creature backwards, emphasized in a series of yelps and howls – some of which belonged to the padawans. Illyria did not want to kill the beast, after all, it was just doing what was natural for it. It had not made a mistake. As such, her blast of telekinesis was intended simply to shove it back, not actually harm it and so it quickly corrected itself back to its feet as the two padawans found their way into the hole, though no longer being backed into a corner it did not charge them immediately as it too now had room to flee. Instead it growled and watched them, Illyria placing herself between it and the padawans.

AewcxEQb_o.png

Samatharis

S
Diana raised an eyebrow as the Padawans pushed passed her. They were truly exhausted. You could just see it in their scuffle. Man. Talk about close call.

She turned her attention back to the beast as Sol Rhia positioned herself just so. Mm, Shadowlands creature. Underground. Eternal night. Fascinated by the glow of their Lightsabers. ...Bingo!

"Flashbang incoming."

She took a quick step forward and snapped her fingers.

POW!

The Force rippled open with a wild flare of explosive light. Drowning out all sight and wrapping even closed eyes back up into high noon. The white lights was powerful. Causing two yellow eyes to almost explode with sudden intensity.

~ AWWWOOO! ~

The Yar reared up and quickly panicked. Turning right around and fleeing down the tunnel as quickly as it could. Near blind, it scrapped and bumped into every jagged rock along the way. Leaving poor Diana to relax a bit and put away her saber.

It was finished.

"Phew. Well. Nice work everybody."

She smiled at the teenagers all around. Then knelled down to inspect Mal and Hera more closely. Reassuring them that everything was going to be alright.

"Everything's going to be fine now. The exit's not far and we'd be happy to com for a swift ride out of here. No problem. Just take a moment and rest, yeah."

She nodded and stood back up. Breathing deeply and letting her own stress and anxiety fade away. Then she turned to Illyria.

"I'll stay here with these two. Why don't you take point and head back to the surface. Com the tower and have them send a rescue bird. The Rangers are as good as Wookiees at this kind of thing, I promise."

The tall blond nodded back towards the way they'd come,

"And. Thanks Illyria. ...I couldn't have done it without you."

Mal and Hera just took a moment to breath. For them, this was the end of a very, horrible, terrible, very-bad-no-good day.

Sheesh.

After a daring rescue by a Ranger air team. Everybody was finally back at the Temple in Silver Rest. Malcolm, Hera, Hurk, and Maya. They would all be checked into medical and given the treatment they needed. Maybe even a dang medal too. Those were some tough tough Padawans. Wow. I mean, who needs the Knight Trials when you've lived through Tuesdays like this one, aye? Phew.

Meanwhile, Barns was placed back on research duty out in the backwater worlds by the Assembly. No more Chemistry classes for him. No way. He'd pack up his things and ship out for his "new mission" by the end of the week. His fond farewell would be... Modest. At best.

Yet. For Diana. It was just business as usual. She stood out by the landing pad as the Ranger team helped the last of the sleepy Padawans back into the temple. I think everybody was feeling the hour about now.

*yawn*

She stretched her arms and sighed. Oh, wow. It was seriously, seriously. Past her bedtime.

McClaine folded her arms and looked to the young Hapan girl departing the rescue shuttle. Smiling too.

"Well. I guess that wraps that up eh?"

She winked.

"Off to bed then? Or, is Master Arenais waiting downstairs for a mission report? Hehe."

Bah. All poor Diana wanted right now was a warm shower and a cool midnight's rest. She'd had enough adventure for one day.

Well. I think they all had.

_

Following the blinding light, which Illyria covered her eyes for as well – she really wasn’t sure what impact it would have on her in this context – the great beast thrashed and hollered, and so Illyria tensed as she readied herself for another attack. But it did not come. Instead the beast opted for retreat seemingly deciding the meal was not worth potentially dying, and as it did Illyria waited to ensure it was truly gone, before relaxing. What a night. What an official first mission for Illyria. But that was something she kept close to her chest, the glow of her lightsaber disappearing in the second it took her to dis-ignite the weapon.

And just like that she felt her energy beginning to wane. What a night, indeed. Turning around to face the padawans she gave them a reassuring nod before her attention was once again pulled to the master. “Happy to help Master McClaine.” All seemed well and yet the Force still whispered to her, calling to her, pulling at her and her eyes fell upon the same crystals she had subconsciously noticed but a few minutes ago. Approaching them it then dawned on Illyria what exactly she was looking at: a Nak’tra crystal, one seemingly calling to her quite unusually and without hesitation the Hapan took the crystal and placed it safely within her utility belt.

“A crystal for my eventual personal lightsaber.” The basic and loaned lightsaber she had been using was reclipped to her belt, a temporary thing until she was ready to be Knighted. And quite interestingly it appeared this cavern was connected in some way to the Myyydril Caverns, but that was a fact best kept to herself for now. She didn’t want to unnecessarily panic the padawans again after such a long night – besides, they were safe enough. Her Force imbued eyes did not pick up anything else in the vicinity and with that she gave a final nod in acknowledgment of McClaine’s plan before departing the cave. Leaping back up into the treeline, contacting Silver Rest and requesting transport for the four of them, she semi-groggily returned to the surface to wait them out. It wouldn’t be long.

Eventually as they were all picked up and escorted back to Silver Rest Illyria stepped out of the shuttle as soon as they were safe, finding McClaine at the landing pad. “I need to check-in but otherwise… a greater success than I was expecting. Let’s do it again some time, yeah?” And with a light-hearted grin Illyria retreated back into the temple book-ending the night with a casual wave.

AewcxEQb_o.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom