Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Pillars Of Wisdom

Jamie nodded. She could have explained that she wasn't in fact part of any particular Jedi Order, but that would hardly make any difference given the situation. Most regular folks didn't know the difference between Jedi or Sith, nor did they generally care to learn. It wasn't until one directly interjected themselves into their lives did it become a subject of importance.

"I can't promise visits on a whim, but I will endure to try and see that she is as available to you as frequently as can be." Vlemoth Port wasn't exactly on the short list of stops in the galaxy, and Jamie had a number of locations elsewhere that the two would need to visit that would take them far away. Still, she tried her best to quell the woman's fears of never seeing Juniper again.

Taking the hand away from the woman she smiled, "Juniper will be well looked after. That I can promise."

Juniper

Juniper

J
Huff puff huff puff.

"Oh very well. She's outback with the laundry. You may go tell her. "Her lips pursed, a distinct sheen to her eyes as she suddenly found herself very busy with her coffee cup.

The house appeared empty, subtle footsteps occurring from above as Jamie was left to walk the kitchen to the back unmolested. Juniper laid out back, the laundry she was meant to be folding in a haphazard pile on the ground. She laid atop of it, hair splayed around her. The holocron floated above her, drifting in gentle turns as the force surged around it, spinning it like a toy.

She didn't look at up, brows furrowed in a troublesome pout. "I'm not doing it. What's laundry compared to the fate of the world. " Came her unexplained grump, not seeing the figure approaching around the bend but assuming it was her frustrated mother coming to chastise her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Standing, Jamie offered one final nod, then left the woman be as she followed the brief directions to find Juniper. The clothing strewn about, and the small figure laid out atop it brought forth a sigh. She stood a few feet away, leaned against the door frame leading between the home and yard, then abruptly coughed.

"That's not the kind of attitude befitting of my Padawan."

Jamie pulled the holocron from where it floated into her palm, holding it along with her other hand behind her back.

"Surely a bit of laundry is not too much for a Jedi? I promise there will be a great many things you won't want to do come the future. The least you could do is help your mother one final time, wouldn't you agree?"

Juniper

Juniper

J
Juniper jolted up, a sheet tangled in legs nearly knocking her right back down. She yanked it off, standing alert.

"Wait-- does that mean?" She pointed between the two, brows raising as she connected the dots. Her lips parted as she found confirmation between then, a spark of energy entering her once dour expression.

"Oh thank you!" She exclaimed, barreling into her. She wrapped her in a sudden tight hug, squeezing her and rocking back and forth before disengaging and pulling back. She jittered with excitement, then broke into a squee.

"I'm going to be a JEDI! Oh I won't let you down! You'll see! I'll do the coolest things. The best things. I will save so many people," she rattled, scurrying backwards to pick up the laundry on the grass.

Jamie gently patted Juniper on the back as she collided against her, the excitement clearly getting the better of the smaller girl. Once she released and freed Jamie she watched as the clothes were picked up one article after another with expedience. "We'll be leaving this afternoon. In the mean time, finish your chores and gather your things."

A gentle hand pressed against Juniper's shoulder as she continued with the clothes

"And, try to keep in mind that your family are going to miss you. So don't seem too eager to leave them behind. We have a lot of time ahead, but the next few hours are all they have for now."

Letting go so that she could carry on the Jedi scooped up a few items herself to help.

Juniper

Juniper

J
Juniper rolled her eyes, shoving a grass-stained sheet into her basket before waddling towards the door. "They've had me for 13 years. Do they really need any more?" She hip checked the door open, leading Jamie to the table where the clothing would be folded.

"Besides. I'm already packed," she grinned, her late night plans to run proving unnecessary, for here Jamie was. "We can go when I'm done." She picked up a shirt and flicked it about haphazardly folding it in a flurry.

"So..." She glanced up, trying to appear nonchalant. "Where are we going, anyway? Do I get a glowy stick now? When do we start," came the reverent words, excitement abound.

"No amount of time would prepare someone to watch their child leave into the unknown without a meager idea as to when they might see them again."

Jamie followed behind Juniper as she carried the clothing to the table, then stood alongside her and set the items she had picked up on top of the pile. "First you'll see if there is anything else that needs doing. If not, we can leave." Deciding not to help fold the laundry the blonde stepped back and crossed her arms, watching the girl hurriedly fold piece after piece.

"I will tell you where we are going when you need to know where we're going. Right now you need to take care of things here. And, if you want to be a Jedi, you'll stop calling it a glowy stick. It's a lightsaber, and as for when you'll get one? When I decide that you are ready for one."

Juniper

Juniper

J
Juniper's expression puckered as the change in tone took over, the woman going from friend to... ugh. Teacher. Never mind! She was still a jedi. Which made her cool. Juniper would earn her approval, starting by a... silent nod and no protest!

She nodded solemnly saying nothing.

She glanced up, checking Jamie's face for a sign of approval. Before long she was grinning groofily, the charade dropped as she bundled a set of sets into a ball and tucked it away with the rest.

"Ok but like. I'll get a hint, right? Should I unpack my coat? My umbrella? Oo, my dress?" Would they be going to a baaaaaaaaaall? Holoflicks, man. You never know where the scene will switch to. She shoved the last of the laundry in the basket, hurrying by to drop it off to her mom.

Jamie decided at this point the best answer was no answer. Instead, she simply followed along behind Juniper as the last of the clothes were placed and she began to scamper off towards her mother.

In truth Jamie hadn't decided where they would be going, as until just recently there had been no plans of taking on a student and becoming a master herself. Up until that point she had largely been on her own for some time, having stepped down as the leader of her people and ventured into Wild Space. Now though? She would have to take Juniper into the core and neighboring systems. She hadn't exactly put together a list of stops, and she had no exact how-to guide on being a teacher to another.

This was going to be a learning experiment for Jamie just as much as Juniper.

So she would tell Juniper where they were going, when she knew herself.

Juniper

Juniper

J
House clean, bags packed, a lunch shared. Juniper looked ready to burst out of her skin. "Can we go now pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease," she strained, her voice low and tight as she spoke to the air. She had tried her best to respect Jamie's ... expectations. She largely paid attention at lunch. Her chores were only slightly half-assed. She did not pack her whole wardrobe.

But if this was a test of patience, she was failing. Her father passed her on the way to the living room, where the family was finally settling down for a relaxed weekend moment. He pulled her in and kissed her forehead, the rare gesture making her pause.

"Why is everyone acting like I'm off to die," she lamented, watching him finish his shuffle back to his arm chair, whisky in hand.

With a sigh Jamie sat forward and stood, nodding to Juniper's plea. "You're going to miss them." She warned, gesturing with her head to go say good-bye and gather her things. This wouldn't be some three week vacation where she came back with a lightsaber and ran off all the ne'er do wells in a swooping fashion. This was nothing like the holoflicks she'd glued her eyes to, and if she had thought the experience in the backroom of that exchange was terrifying, she was in for a reckoning.

That was nothing.

Real terror was out there in the galaxy, waiting...

With a small smile she addressed Juniper's mother and father at once. "We should be off. My R5 unit is signaling which means the ship is ready to go. Your hospitality has been most kind, and I thank you for it, as well as trusting me with your daughter. I will protect her as best I can and see to it she becomes a fine Jedi."

Juniper

Juniper

J
Juniper burst into action, scrambling to give sloppy hugs to all three setting down into the living room. Even her brother made a rare appearance, lingering quietly in the corner of the room as he watched his family say goodbye to Juniper. He was not exempt from her splatting into him for a hug, the gesture only earning a half pat back. Teenage boys.

Her mother was quiet as well, her hug brisk and her expression pinched as she held back her emotions through the crinkle of her nose. It was Juniper's father who showed due emotion, and it was quickly apparent which sibling took after who, their goodbye loud and chaotic as he tossed her up into the air. It was a strained gesture, the teen too large for the childish action. She laughed in enjoyment all the same, a final hug goodbye given as she gripped him for the longest. It didn't dawn on her he would never throw her like that again. That the next time she saw him, she might very well be a grown woman in her own right.

"Love you Daddy,"

"Love you too squirt. Be good." He stroked her hair back, then looked up to Jamie, his emotions solidifying into one solemn wall. "Be safe," was all he could say, moisture sheening over his eyes as Juniper left his arms and skipped to Jamie's side. She rolled her eyes, shattering the poignant moment.

"I'll be fiiiiiiiine~ See you later!" She grabbed at Jamie's wrists, her attention already turned towards the door as she tried to drag her out without a look back.

The speeder carried Jamie and Juniper to the spaceport, bags in tow, in short order. Before long the two had navigated the modest facility and arrived at the hangar where her ship awaited. A modestly sized personal corvette with enough space to house a small living quarter with kitchen, refreshers, three individual sleeping quarters, and a single med bay. As they approached, Jamie's R5 unit beeped them a series of binary tones in greeting, the loading ramp already lowered.

"R5 this is Juniper, she'll be joining us from now on."

"beeeeeeeep--beepbeep-brrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeep"

"Come on," she said, turning to the younger girl. "I'll show you where to put your things, then we'll be off."

Juniper

Juniper

J
Juniper followed suit, wide eyed and on her best behavior. "You speak droid?" She resisted the urge to 'beep' back at the little fella and otherwise pat at its head. Best behavior!

Still, she did slow to peer at it as they passed, dragging behind as Jamie lead her through. "Wow," she murmured, fingers clutched tight over the straps of her bag. "You have a ship. A whole ship. Do all jedi's get ships? Can I give my dad one? R5 is a boring name. You should call him like.... Runiper or something." She pulled the name out of thin out, and one certainly could never ever guess the inspiration.

She skipped a step, catching up to Jamie's heels and walking with her again.

"Or Ramie."

Jamie nodded in response to the young girl's question. "After a few years you pick up what they're saying. I found R5 on board an old cruiser, abandoned in space and mostly picked by salvagers, but the little guy had managed to somehow elude them. I guess he liked me, so we've stuck together out here since then."

She paused a moment before setting down her own belongings in one of the rooms and turned to Juniper.

"Your room will be next door. You can arrange it however you like."

It's clear Jamie ignored the bit about renaming her friend, though she smiled and carried on the conversation. "I'm not sure if all Jedi's get ships. I suppose it depends. I imagine the Jedi that belong to certain Orders have access to ships sanctioned by their governments they are sworn to protect." She placed a hand along the interior wall of the hull. "This one though I bought. Second hand of course, off of a trader looking to be rid of his debts and start anew."

Juniper

Juniper

J
"Like me!" She chirped, her mind drawing correlation between that man and her own family debts, all cleared by Jamie's involvement in their lives. She eyed her identified door for a moment, glancing back for permission before breaking out into an excited burst towards it. Her bag dropped on the floor as the lights flickered on, the simple space earning another excited burst of movement.

She could do so much to decorate the space. Really, it was a blank canvas. She flopped onto the bed, letting out an excited squeal.

"I can't believe this is actually happening," she proclaimed, breathy and full of that awe. "It really happened so quickly you see. One moment I'm taking down bad guys all on my own and next!" She jumped off the bed, moving back out to find the woman as if no time had passed at all.

"Here I am!" She popped her head into her doorway. "This is exactly what I pictured it to be like," she lied. "...Am I what you pictured me to be like? I hope so. You're stuck with me now." Her grin reached her ears, good natured yet mischievous all at once.

Jamie watched as Juniper ran from and back into the room, setting down her own bags and unpacking what she had taken to Vlemoth Port, neatly arranging the few things, as well as clothes, back into their proper places. Hearing the question the blonde stopped what she was doing, setting down an article of clothing and looking up towards Juniper.

"I hadn't ever considered the idea of taking on a Padawan of my own before you came along. So, in a way, I suppose you are. I'd become accustomed to traveling alone, save for R5 here. So we'll call this a learning experiment for the both of us."

She gestured for Juniper to follow as she continued to give a tour of the remainder of the ship. The cockpit, with all of its buttons, controls, and illuminated displays were likely the most interesting, though she showed the girl where the weapons stations, engineering bay, and storage compartments were so that she could familiarize herself with the ship's layout. The ship, by design, was rather difficult to get lost in, given that it was, for the most part, a two floor circular layout, save for the cockpit on the main deck that protruded forth.

"R5--" She called from her communicator, "Get us off the ground. Plot us a course to Vrogas Vas that does not involve us traversing through Sith space, please."

Juniper

Juniper

J
Lunch had surely not included copious amounts of sugar, a fact Jamie had been there to witness, and yet Juniper buzzed with the energy of a thousand suns.

"Sith space," she echoed, the foreboding nomenclature earning due fright. "Right, yeah, I'm probably not ready for sith yet." It was a differentiation she already knew, but that would hardly be a surprise with how fascinated she seemed by her new heritage. Juniper had self-taught as much as she could, a fact she kept showing off with little gestures-- floating a ball to her, giving a telekinetic nudge to straighten an object on a self.

There was zero tact to her attempt to flaunt her stuff.

Her mother would have chewed her out at the start.

"But like hutts tho-- I've proven great at those! Are we going to beat up some more crooked brokers? Wait, crap, turn around! I forgot my sword!"

It was a stick. Don't fall for it.

The engines roared to life as R5 fired the drives. A brief moment of shaking rattled the ship as panels all around began to light up. A moment or two later, another shake as the vessel lifted off from the landing pad and began to make its ascent towards the atmosphere and, inevitably, space. "Sorry, no time to go back now. Besides, you won't be needing a weapon for a while. The only weapon you need to sharpen is your mind."

Jamie smiled and looked to Juniper.

"There won't be any fighting where we're headed anyway, unless you consider some bugs and the heat to be a fight, which you may yet."

Vrogas Vas has scarce traces of anything, save for the purpose they were going there. "We're going to a Jedi temple." She said, "Well, the ruins of one, that is. There's not much left of it now besides the caved in passageways and a few chambers that have survived due to sheer luck. The core is a bit out of the way, would take a few weeks to arrive, and many Jedi temples are too dangerous to go to right now, as the Sith Empire controls a vast majority of space where they reside."

The blonde shrugged, "So this will have to do for the time being."

Juniper

Juniper

J
"Oh," she stated, disappointed at the initial explanation. Despite her vow for her best behavior, she was about to open her mouth to protest further on the loss of her precious training stick-- er... sword. However, it was in that moment that Jamie indulged her with further details about their destination.

The blond received an elated smile back, Juniper's mood turning on a dime. "Ok that's so much cooler." The sudden shake of the ship taking off earned a frightened look, her elation dashed in another instant as she reached out to grab a piece of the wall. "Wha-" The acceleration kicked in, the weight of take off baring down on her. Her knees buckled. She screeched in shock, simply letting herself fall to the floor all together in a desperate bid to not drop through the floor panels in what was clearly a malfunction!

"What is that!"

Juniper had never left atmosphere before. Never.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom