Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Phoenix, Primarch-Class Power Armor Variant

Status
Not open for further replies.
fulgrim_by_slaine69.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multi-Purpose
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Resistances:
    Blasters - Extreme
  • Kinetic- High
  • Lightsabers- Extreme
  • Sonic- None
  • Environmental: Extreme
  • EMP: None
  • ION: None

SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS:
  • Extreme Resistances: Due to the materials used to construct this suit of armor, the wearer becomes highly resistant to blasters and lightsaber strikes, and is near invulnerable to environmental damage, but nowhere near the level as the parent pattern.
  • Surprisingly Mobile: Due to the lower-weight materials used to forge the second and third layers as well as specially placed Servomotors, this set of armor allows Raptious to move with the full agility granted by their bio-augments. While it does not grant the mobility and agility seen amongst Sith Assassins and the like, this benefit does give the wearer the ability to fight quicker opponents on somewhat equal grounds, something the Darth was incapable of doing in their younger Sith years.
  • Personal Environment Suit: This suit possesses a full suite of life-support functions for operation in hostile environments, an automated medical system to provide some level of first aid to a wounded wearer and a highly advanced and fully integrated tactical targeting and threat analysis system.
  • Stimulants: The suit is outfitted with a series of experimental stimulants to heighten the wearer's combat capabilities, specifically their strength and agility, depending on which ones the wearer chooses.

WEAKNESSES:
  • Durability: Despite its resistances, compared to other variants of the Primarch-Class Power Armor, this set of armor is less durable and can only take so many blaster strikes and lightsaber strikes before failing the wearer. This is due to lighter second and third layers being created during construction to allow mobility and agility.
  • Weakness to EMPs, ION blasts, and Sonic Energy: Similarly to the Sith suits of old, such as Darth Vader’s, this armor is extremely vulnerable to persistent attacks from EMP, ION, and Sonic weapons/sources, resulting in the internal systems failing and even offering the potential of outright injury or death.
  • Battery Operated: The suit runs off an advanced series of chargeable battery packs located in the abdomen and lower back of the armor as well as emergency packs located in the forearms and pauldrons. However, due to the vast number of systems running at once, the batteries drain at an astonishing rate, something opponents fighting on the defensive can use against the wearer.
  • Stimulants: Due to the addictive nature of stimulants, as well as the experimental nature of these batches, the wearer can suffer potential addiction and/or injury, possibly even death.

DESCRIPTION

While Raptious is in possession of perfectly acceptable armored Sith Robes reconstructed for their altered size, the Titan at times prefers to utilize the specially constructed suit of Primarch-Class Power Armor.

Nicknamed “The Phoenix,” this suit is an advanced form of powered armor developed for close-quarters melee fighting done by the Sith Lord for whom their slaying power is now linked with their increased maneuverability granted by their augments. As such, this suit is primarily utilized in situations where their standard robes do not provide enough protection for a warrior.

While its advanced composition allows the wearer to survive hits from firepower that could penetrate tank armor, it lacks the full-powered protection the Emperor’s own armor and the parent pattern offer and with enough consistent force against it, the armor can fail to protect the wearer from lethal blows.

However, unique among the available Primarch-Class Power Armors, The Phoenix offers various alternating stimulants rapidly injected directly into the wearer’s nervous system to increase either their speed and agility or strength and endurance and still offers the full suite of personal life-support systems tailored specifically for the wearer’s unique physiology.

Hey [member="Lorale Farmar"], I'm going to be working with you through this submission and I hope we can attack a few items that i noticed as i read through this sub initially. Hope this can be quick and painless and if you have any questions or concerns about what I mention below, please do not hesitate to ask. It's my goal get this passed through pain free along with you so that you can get the suit of armor you want.

Lorale Farmar said:
Manufacturer: Sith-Imperial Corps of Engineers, Darth Raptious
Please link the manufacturer for the item (company, faction and/or character).

Lorale Farmar said:
Beskar, Songsteel-Durasteel composite, Hydraulic Components, Servomotors, Blaster Components
If possible, it would be highly appreciated if you could ensure named materials are linked (such as Beskar, Songsteel and Durasteel).

Lorale Farmar said:
Personal Environment Suit: This suit possesses a full suite of life-support functions for operation in hostile environments, an automated medical system to provide some level of first aid to a wounded wearer and a highly advanced and fully integrated tactical targeting and threat analysis system.
I noticed that you mentioned the use of "automated medical system" as a strength, which is great, but if you could please list this as a "Special Feature" to the armor as well, that would be greatly appreciate.

Lorale Farmar said:
Stimulants: The suit is outfitted with a series of experimental stimulants to heighten the wearer's combat capabilities, specifically their strength and agility, depending on which ones the wearer chooses.
Like with the above, if you could include this stimulant system in the special features section, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you could provide some examples of the stimulants that can be utilized, that would be amazing.

Lorale Farmar said:
Affiliation: Darth Raptious
Though not necessarily required, it's always nice to include a link to who(m) the item is going to be affiliated with. If it's the same as the manufacturer, you don't need to link twice.

Lorale Farmar said:
Weight: Extreme Resistances: Blasters - High Kinetic- Average Lightsabers- Very High Sonic- None Environmental: Extreme EMP: None ION: None
This is just a note, but just wanted to point it out in case you were unaware, but utilizing the Spreadsheet, this armor seems pretty under-powered. Now if this is something you were aiming for, by all means, go for it, but just wanted to bring it to your attention in case you weren't aware or were envisioning something different.

[member="Alden Akaran"]

Thank you so much for pointing out what needed to be fixed. I have updated following your suggestions and believe I have covered everything thus far for said corrections. If there is anything else I needed to fix and overlooked or perhaps something new I created by updating the sub, please let me know.

[member="Lorale Farmar"], thanks for those adjustments. You're almost there, however, I just have one more point I'd like to clarify.

Lorale Farmar said:
Lighter than expected: Despite the resistances and materials used to forge it, this set of armor allows Raptious to move with the agility of light armor, granting them the ability to fight quicker opponents on equal grounds, something they were incapable of doing in their younger Sith years
How is this armor set able to move with the agility of light armor, yet it carries and extreme weight? In the "parent" set which you linked, speed/maneuverability is still listed as a weakness, and I'd just like to know how this particular armor set overcomes those limiting factors. You mention "augments" in the description, but i just want to clarify whether those augments are personal augments of Darth Raptious, or specialties incorporated into the armor. If the latter, I would suggest adding those as "Special Features" to this armor as well and kind of do like you did earlier with clarifying the stimulants.

If my wording here doesn't make sense, please do not hesitate to ask me to clarify my intent here.

[member="Alden Akaran"] Thank you so much for pointing out the issue.

I have updated it to hopefully make more sense. The augments in question are bio-mechanical implemented into Raptious themselves as part of an ever developing lore with other members of the Sith Empire. These particular augments increase the Darth's dexterity and capabilities beyond what they were originally to allow Raptious to fight with greater skill as opposed to being a lumbering tank with little to no skill.

This armor, based off the parent pattern, was designed to accommodate and support these changes while offering a similar, albeit somewhat lower, level of protection the parent pattern offers. Explanations as to how this armor is more mobile compared to the parent pattern has been given in a hopefully believable way.

The weight has also been changed to HIGH in order to fix the issue of an EXTREME being as mobile as it is.

[member="Lorale Farmar"]

Just one quick note. When you say "HIGH" now for the weight, are you indicating the armor is "HEAVY" or "VERY HEAVY" ? The armor weight scale is written a little differently than the weapon damage scale. If you could just clear that up for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

[member="Alden Akaran"] | [member="Lorale Farmar"]

This all looks good. The only thing I'm going to say is the drugs. I get what you're going for there, and it's a good idea, just please try not to add more powerful drugs and effects without either adding them to the submission on modification or mentioning them in your posts leading up to their use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom