Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Perfume Lab

"Asides from helping your fellow Sith and having a goal? Making an ally of me. I take it perfume isn't the only interest you have in changing things. I can very well show you alchemy, true alchemy, if you'd like." He chuckled lightly as he watched Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn .

"Or, you can tell me what you want and I might be able to provide."

Because what I’m doing isn’t ‘true’ alchemy?” she asked, rolling her eyes.

He did have a point, though. She was interested in doing other things besides making perfume. Running her thumb over her lower lip, she considered it, then asked, “Do you know how to work with Living Clay?

"Mm. Poor choice of words, forgive me. What you're doing is indeed alchemy. What I'm suggesting is the Sith variety. The ability to change the world to whatever you will it to be." He paused, tilting his head.

"Yes, it's a good starting point for Sith Alchemy. Easily manipulated. Why?"

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

She shrugged. “I have a piece of Clay I traded for one of my perfumes, but I haven’t been able to do much with it, and it’s such a small amount there isn’t much to do. If you can give me more, I’ll make your perfume in exchange.

It was a very basic and simplistic art, even for a mere acolyte, yet for once she was too preoccupied with other thoughts to really be embarrassed by her own greenness. She actually had an idea for what to do with the Clay: a golem. And not just a cute little helper like Arcturus' beloved Nwit.

"Very well, I can agree to this." As simple as it was, the young man wasn't going to argue against it. He had plenty of clay after all. He offered one more smile to Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn . Well, it was a start at least.

"I'll provide you with as much as you need, provided you make this perfume for me. And of course experiment and see if you can make something more. A poison that works on scent alone is far stronger than any other."

Deal.

Ishani suddenly came alive. Her hands took up the vials and droppers again, and fluttered over the machinery on the work table. She worked quickly and diligently to make the perfume base, then surveyed the notes she had to play with.

Something that inspires fear…

Fear pheromones seemed the obvious choice. Apart from that, she tried to think of the worst odors imaginable. Spoiled milk. Sweat and body odor. The metallic tang of blood. Rotting gardenias. She’d have to acquire some more ingredients, but it could be done...

And she was off. He blinked slowly as he watched Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn dive right into her work. He chuckled a bit under his breath as he took up his pen to start writing down more notes. An idle, quiet observer. He wouldn't leave either, instead content with watching her through the whole process.

She took the notes she did have and opened their containers. Giving one a tentative sniff, she grimaced and quickly placed some of it in the main vial, drop by careful drop.

So…” she murmured, a bit surprised that Firrerreo was still there. “You’re an alchemist, huh? Do you specialize in anything?

"The simple, for now. Sith Alchemy can do all sorts of things, from creating life to making artifacts. What I truly specialize in is Sorcery. Potent, if a bit time consuming to set up. If you have time, you can set up traps or unleash spells that can terrorize a whole army." He took out a different book, setting it on the table and flipping it open to a random page. Sequences of runes in alarming detail cover each page. As he taps them, they light up a brief red.

"It's a shame not many can use it. Have you been tested to see if you can?"

Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn

"Truly? What exactly have you learned in your time here? It doesn't sound like much. If you'd like, we can see if you're capable of using sorcery. A simple spell will work." He hummed with thought as he flipped through the pages. "How do you feel the Force around you? What's it like?"

I learned Tutaminis, how to detoxify poisons, and how to heal myself and others with the Force. I’ve learned bladework, although I prefer a sword or a bow to a lightsaber. I helped to make my own sword in the forge, assisted in creating a new Sithspawn species, killed many Graug, fought a Sith Lord from a rival faction, and dueled a Jedi Master. I’ve been plenty busy, but it’s true—I’ve only learned how to survive.

What exactly she meant by that was her own affair.

Sure, why not.” She gestured to the spellbook. “The Force? It’s a big, loud, and chaotic thing, like a huge waterfall and river rapids. Full of life. Difficult to control. Sometimes when I take the reins, it uses me, not the other way around. So I have to think about something else instead of just what I want to do with it. I have to give my actions some kind of purpose. Then it obeys me… or rather, it does what I ask of it.” She smiled. “Usually.

"Quite a bit done for it to be just surviving. You've learned a lot, even if it might not feel like it." He raised a hand after he spoke, his eyes closing in focus. The Force swelled around him, bending to his will. Visibly forming a small mote of dark swirling energy. "Sutta Chwituskak. Or, bolt of hatred. A powerful, if simple spell. Harness your hate, focus it to a point. Sorcery is a mixture of bending the Force to your will. Completely bending it. Stronger spells require more. Runes, incantations. They keep the mind focused. Anything works, so long as you use it often. Repetition will keep it in your mind."

As if to prove a point he lifted his hands, setting them in a rather odd manner. The sphere grew before his hands, radiating an intense heat. Then he let it go, lowering his hands as the sphere faded.

"But, you must make the Force serve you. There are no half measures. If it doesn't, things can and will go array. And it won't just be your life that'll be forfeit."

Uh-huh.” She watched the ball of energy grow and then fade. “Where exactly did all that energy go just now? Did you release it harmlessly, or did you blast some poor bastard eating his lunch down the hall?

It was meant as both a joke and a half-serious inquiry.

I’m not a particularly hate-filled person, which might impede things. Although… hm.” She imitated the hand gesture he had made and focused.

Who or what did she think about? Not her home or her family. Not anyone she had fought yet. No, she thought of a tall and pale figure with long white hair who smelled of lavender…

A spark appeared, growing fat with resentment and bitter loathing. She looked down at it with a smirk.

Cool.

"Are you sure you want to know? I very well could of decided to take care of a rival." An actual grin cracked on his features as he glanced to Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn . It was hard to tell if he was joking or not, though. "And you don't need to be an angry person to harness the emotion. So long as you know it, you just need to remind yourself."

His brow raised as the spark formed. Perhaps she had an affinity after all?

"Keep your focus. Don't want it blowing up those hands of yours if you loose concentration."

Do you have any rivals?” She could imagine it, she supposed. He seemed like the smarmy busybody sort who inexplicably knew far too much about the people around him. But he wouldn’t kill his rivals, no. He’d blackmail them, use them to do his dirty work.

With Tutaminis she harmlessly expelled the built-up energy of the spell. So far she had no rivals, no desire to kill or harm anyone in particular. Only regrets.

"That would assume there is someone in our class on my level. There is not." Despite how smug of a statement it was, he himself didn't seem to be. If anything, he sounded more like he was stating a simple fact. Like water is made of oxygen and hydrogen. A fact of life. "And you? I doubt it. You've been quite reserved in your time here. The only possible rival you might have is less a rival and someone looking to use you to get at Arcturus."

Last edited:

"Melydia is on her own level, true. But her mindset makes her far too easy to control. It's not just raw skill that's needed to be Sith." Had Melydia Gold Melydia Gold had any other personality but the one she did, the young acolyte very well would have considered her a rival. Instead, she was just a means to an end. And perhaps, a friend.

Firrerreo's lips thinned at the thought.

"I've no idea. I simply mean that if Arcturus did have a rival, they'd target you to get to him. And you've done little to show it'd be a bad idea. I'd learn to stand up and speak loudly instead of hovering in a corner around him, before you both end up killed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom