Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The People You Meet

[member="Farah"]

"It's close enough." He assured her.

The Mcyoda's made his stomach turn slightly, if only because that greasy garbage food was something he'd never entertain on his tongue. Matthias enjoyed it, and so did Lucy, the two of them often venturing there after a job well done. For some weird reason they saw it as a 'reward'.

Sometimes he was completely unable to understand his siblings. "This way."

He pointed towards the east.

"It's just a short speeder ride." Most of Coruscant required a trip by speeder, mostly due to the different levels and sections that spotted the massive city world.

“It had better be.” She insisted, not at all keen on waiting a long time at a fancy restaurant for something to eat. McYoda’s probably had a decent line out the door this time at night anyhow.

She glanced in the direction he’d pointed in, idly slipping the knife into the waistband of her pants. Wouldn’t do any good to keep waving it around and she wasn’t keen on putting it in her bag right now.

“Do you have a name? I could just keep calling you psychopath.”

She shrugged.

[member="Coratanni Cartel"]

[member="Farah"]

He watched the knife for half a moment, apparently amused that she had chosen to keep it. No comment was made to that affect however, and instead Nikolas drew his attention back to the direction he had pointed in. With a gentle urging he began to walk in that direction, knowing the speeder he had earlier...acquired was still waiting there.

"Nikolas." He said simply. "Nikolas Thawne."

It was highly unlikely that she would recognize the name, though SIN now sprawled across most of the galaxy his mother and father were rather private individuals. Still, he made no attempt at hiding who or what he was, never had and never one.

Something that annoyed his more...clandestine siblings.

Nikolas just quite didn't understand the point of lying about it.

With a tentative look, Farah decided again to throw caution to the wind in favor of following her curiosity.

“And where will Mr. Thawne be taking me this evening?”

A brow cocked, not because of who he was. The name Thawne meant little to her. Though it wasn’t as if Farah didn’t like to hit up the entertainment district every now and then, she hardly cared who owned what.

Now if he’d owned her hospital, that was a different story.

[member="Farah"]

They continued with their little stroll for just a minute or two, eventually reaching the end of the platform where a black racing speeder had been parked. The vehicle was decorated with two long white stripes that ran over the head, though other then that had a simple look of sleekness about it. The kind of vehicle that a man bought when they realized they had both far too much money and were getting up there in years.

Nikolas opened the door for Farah, smiling at her. "It's a small place."

He told her.

"Located on the 47th level in the Senate District." Usually the establishment saw politicians, billionaires, and every other kind of important figure. Tonight however it would just be them. "It's called Latitude."

Nikolas thought it a silly name, but it apparently had something to do with the restaurants location.

The Zeltron’s brows shot up when she saw the top of the line speeder. “Who’d you kill for this?” She asked, only half joking.

This day was getting weirder and weirder, but far be it from her to shy away from weird.

She slipped into the passenger side door and set her bag down, noting the luxury-styled interior.

“I know Lattitude.” She informed. Well, knew of it. Farah had never been there, nor did she ever feel the particular desire to.

“Are they quick with their food? That’s all I care about right now.” Indeed it was, the edges of hunger eating away her dazzling personality.

She crossed one leg over the other and stared at Nikolas expectantly.

[member="Farah"]

Nikolas quickly crossed the front of the car and swept himself into the drivers seat, flicking the small switch beneath the steering wheel that would activate the vehicle. A small smile touched his face and he looked over at her, clearly amused at how apparently hangry she was.

"Oh I'm sure they'll be as fast as possible tonight." Nikolas answered vaguely before quickly pushing the speeder forward.

The trip didn't take long, as he had promised. A mixture of rather aggressive driving, the vehicles intense speed, and the lax traffic in the Senate district allowed them to reach their destination in a time that many would have balked at in their more commute. For Nikolas it was all par for the course.

No distractions.

"Here." He said as he opened the door for Farah. "We'll get you that meal."

On one hand, Farah appreciated how quickly they arrived at the restaurant. On the other hand, the passenger seat now likely had permanent nail marks on the bottom of the leather seating.

Never mind how many times she’d winced—there were plenty of ways for her to die tonight and a traffic accident was not going to be one of them.

“Where’d you learn to drive, a race track?” She muttered before he opened the door for her. Stepping out of the speeder, she took a look around at the lavishly built senate district. For a moment she felt self-conscious in her street clothes, at least she wasn’t…nope, no blood on her shirt. That occasionally happened when you walked into the ER to change into scrubs and a patient’s carotid decided to blow.

“I’m looking forward to it.” She paused. “The meal.” She clarified. One had to wonder why he was intent on taking her out given how consistently rude she’d been.

Farah figured she’d either wake up in a brothel or a few organs lighter, that is if she woke up at all.

But, free meal.

[member="Farah"]

"Of course." He gave her the same amused smile as always, then gently waved his hand to urge her towards a small door tucked away at the back of one of the buildings. Above it was a small sign that simply read 'Latitude'.

The restaurant itself was easy enough to miss, even if you were looking for it. That was one of the reasons why it was so popular with many of the politicians on Coruscant. The place had every few walk-ins, the atmosphere was quiet, and of course the food was some of the best that could be found. The prices were exorbitant of course, but it wasn't like Nikolas would be bothered by such a thing. Money came to his family as easily as breathing, or so it seemed.

A short walk across the plaza and Nik pushed open the door.

The small bell above the door rung, though unlike usual they would find no hostess at her table.

Instead they stepped inside of a nearly empty restaurant, tables vacant and pushed to the side save for one. A low candle burned within the center of it, and within the back one could hear the shuffling of feet as someone moved out onto the floor. A tall woman with blonde hair stepped towards the table, clearly waiting for both Farah and Nik to take their seats.

Farah followed his guide to the entrance of the restaurant—it wasn’t direct, something she’d notice with trendy establishments. Typically she preferred fast and easy food which amounted to takeout. Cheap, filling and in abundance near the hospital. Nevermind the calories and carbs, not when you were a Zeltron with an ultrafast metabolism.

As they made their way onto the restaurant floor proper, Farah stopped and a look of surprise painted her face. The place was empty save for a waitress poised next to a lone table.

As they neared what appeared to be the only available table, Farah eyed the candle burning at the center of it.

“This is…” She searched for the words while lowering herself in her seat. “…unexpected.” A brow rose as she settled in. “Who’d you take hostage to clean the place out?” It was a joke, of course. Sort of.

She doubted he had the money to rent a place out like this for the night—or, well, maybe he did. Farah wasn’t sure what her reference level was for someone like this.

[member="Farah"]

Nikolas faked being taken aback. "I didn't take anyone hostage."

He wasn't above doing such things of course, but he hadn't needed to here. The right words to the right person, a small slip of the knife and the promise of reward had been enough. Some people bent easier than others, plus...he had a way with people. The thought brought a small smile to his face which lingered as he sat himself down in the chair opposite her.

The waitress that had been standing by walked over to them.

"Here is our menu, can I interest you in a drink?"

The woman managed to sound impressively calm and ordinary given the situation, something that Nikolas appreciated. He took a small leather binding from her, the other being offered to Farah. For a moment he watched the woman, then spoke. "I'll have a bottle of Corellian Twelve."

It was a wine, mostly known for it's expense and good taste.

Farah hummed, distracted by the arrival of the menu. “I’m sure you didn’t.” She said idly, leafing through the selections. The luxury of these drinks were lost on her given that all red and all white wines looked the same.

She was used to the sort of hard liquor that same in small glasses at clubs. That, and beer. She knew what beer was.

“Make that two.” Farah gave the waitress a faux polite smile on instinct, momentarily forgetting how weird this all was. The Zeltron had been exposed to the darker aspects of life since her birth and her curiosity was voracious when piqued. It was something that her creator had picked up on early, feeding her appetite with tutors and research. “And water.” She wasn’t sure if it was something they brought on their own or if she had to request it.

“So,” No sense in sitting here silently. “What’s good here?”

[member="Farah"]

"I would hope everything." Nikolas said with a cock of his eyebrow and a glance at the menu.

The prices here were utterly gut wrenching, and he was sure that had he been ordinary he would have been weeping for his wallet. He frowned for a moment, setting down the small leather booklet and looking up at the waitress. There was no point in being silly.

"Let's just do the whole thing." The waitresses eyebrows rose. "Easier that way."

He regarded Farah for a moment. "Don't you think?"

The menu only had fifteen or so choices anyway, and the chefs were just cooking for them anyway. He wasn't really concerned with expense and he liked to eat in variety anyway.

“You’ve never been here before?” Up went the other brow as she lowered the menu before he made a suggestion in regards to their order.

“What do I think?” She repeated aloud. “I think that I’m hungry but not trying to feed my entire department.”

But, she couldn’t really argue. She was hungry. “I think that you’re paying as well.”

She leaned back, eyeing up the waitress to see how she'd responded to Nik's order.

[member="Farah"]

"Well no one said you have to share." He gave her an amused smile. "Just eat what you want."

The rest they could throw away, or take home, either option suited Nikolas just fine.

"I like to have options." True enough in all walks of life. You didn't just find one way to do things, you didn't just find one way to solve a problem. You went at it from multiple angles, and Nikolas would be approaching his meal the exact same.

Mostly because he could.

His eyes wandered to the waitress who was still dutifully waiting, her eyes fixed on him. He smiled at her, and then nodded in confirmation and she reached out to take his menu. She did the same with Farah, flashing the woman a look of hesitation and then a smile.

"I'll make sure you get some of our appetizers right away."

Nikolas smiled as the woman disappeared, glancing across the table at Farah.

“Like a buffet, then.” She decided. “Only insanely expensive and less disgusting.”

Germs were an odd subject for Farah. On one hand, she demanded that any testing or operating space be as sterile as can be—as would any good surgeon. The introduction of foreign bacteria into a test subject or patient could made the difference between success and failure.

On the other hand, she’d been bled out on and thrown up on more times than she can count. So while she found more public areas icky, she didn’t mind as much. Give or take.

The waitress took their menus and wandered off to go fetch their appetizers, something the Zeltron and her growling stomach were thankful for. The hesitant glance caused her to lift a brow but she didn’t give it much thought.

“So,” She began, arms crossed over each other. “What is it that you do?”

Considering the planet they were on, his previous injury and apparent wealth there were few options to consider.

[member="Farah"]

He smiled at the question.

Nikolas had more or less expected it from the moment that the two of them had met, and he assumed that Farah already had more or less formed an opinion on the thought. In truth, he doubted that she was very off-base from what he actually did. It wasn’t hard to guess given the injury she’d fixed and the amount of wealth he displayed. Coruscant had quite a bit of crime after all, and that connection?

That was easy enough to make. ”I work for my family.”

It was a truthful answer that really gave nothing away. The Coratanni Cartel was at it’s heart a family business. His siblings, his parents, they were the ones that controlled it all. Unlike many other Cartels and Syndicates that existed in the galaxy, Coratanni was based on blood. Well, something like it anyway.

The thought made him smirk.

”I take care of any problems my siblings encounter.” He told her, once again offering her just a small nugget of truth. ”Sometimes It can get a little...dangerous.”

He shrugged. ”But you know how people on Coruscant can get.”

“Yes, I do.” She nodded in agreement. “I had to deal with one particularly odd patient in the emergency room this afternoon.” She cocked a brow, leaning back in her chair.

The blonde waitress returned, bread basket in hand. Farah hadn’t eaten in hours, as established, and immediately took one as soon as the basket was placed on the table.

Buttering the roll, she took a few moments to think about what it was specifically that he did. An assassin of sorts? It made sense. He was like something out of a holofilm, she mused to herself while taking a big bite of the bread and sighing in contentment.

“Speaking of dangerous.” She put a hand in front of her mouth and swallowed. “How’s your wound doing?”

[member="Farah"]

"That must have been awful for you." Nikolas said as he played into her comment, leaning back in his chair and leaving his portion of the bread untouched. Undoubtedly there would be more food than both of them could ever even hope to eat, and he intended on saving room for more delectable things.

"Give me his name." He told her with a smile. "I'll make sure he doesn't bother you again."

His eyes flashed with a certain sort of danger for a moment, his smile almost changing, but never leaving his face. There was no real threat to his voice of course, he was basically talking about himself, but Nikolas had always enjoyed little games like these.

When she asked about his wound he glanced down towards his abdomen for a moment. "It's nearly healed."

He gently ran a finger over his shirt where it was.

"You did excellent work." His hand returned to being folded in front of him. "Much better than my brother."

“Oh, it was.” She took another bite, chewed for a moment then swallowed. There really was nothing better than fresh bread when you were starving, but carbs could make you bloated quickly so she’d go easy on them for now. It helped that at least she had a conversation partner to slow her down.

“I wouldn’t worry about him.” She replied nonchalantly. “I don’t think he’ll be giving me anymore trouble.”

She leaned forward a bit as he drew his finger over where the wound was. “Already?” She raised a brow. “That was quick. I suppose you didn’t need stitches at all if this is the case.”

Another bite and she’d finished the roll, eyeing the rest of the basket but holding herself back for the time being.

“I know.” She agreed with his complement. “Your brother a doctor?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom