Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Penalty of Swords (Mandalorian Empire Dominion of Eshan HexZ21)

Without the darkness, the anger and hate that ran through him like blood, to sustain him... Darlyn felt both the intense pain his body was suffering, and a strange sort of clarity. Exar Kun's lightsaber, firmly clipped to his robe belt, wouldn't be able to affect him nearly as badly in moments like this, clouding his judgement, and he pondered for a moment why he had done what he did. He could have been.. faster. Quicker. And as the shaking became clearly more than just him quivering in pain, he realized it may have cost him his life, as the building shook and trembled in risk of collapse. He gave half a laugh, as he leaned against the wall more, eyes shut. This was the second time he let his anger control him, and this time there was no [member="Lady Kay"] to pull him onto a ship before the explosion that would tear him apart.

Maybe he'd been on borrowed time all along. He'd always thought he had been meant to die then, only saved by the foolish actions of a naive, heroic idiot. Well, this time he would die surely. Surely this time he would be put at peace. He almost welcomed it, only sad he wouldn't be able to say goodbye to Shoden or [member="Silfe Sosuri"]. He took a deep breath, and sighed.

Until he heard footsteps, and the soft voice. Was he... okay? No, now he couldn't let himself die. It would've been easy if she hadn't come down. He managed to swipe something off the body, a badge, an identichip really, before Beth lifted him up and supported him best she could. His weight had to be supported by her, and he could barely move his legs at all. The muscles were so horribly damaged from the stress he'd put them through that the only thing keeping him upright really was Beth. He clung to her, his breathing sounding pained, stressed, like each and every breath was coming through shredded lungs. "Idiot... Idiot for coming back. Should've left me behind. You and Kay both just won't let me die.."

"We won't make it back if we go up the stairwell. Down the hall here, up the stairs at the end of the passage. There.. there should be a ship. It's where that scumbag was running to. There's got to be an escape ship there. Not much choice other than that really."
He stuffed the chip from Tannis in his robes, drawing the pistol and loosely holding onto it as they'd get going, a terrifyingly slow pace. He couldn't run, he couldn't even walk, so Beth had to do all that work essentially on her own. The best he could do was at least pretend he was useful and be ready for any desperate, last minute fights.

Though when they arrived, eventually, to the hidden hangar, the building shuddering as if taking its dying gasps, there was almost no one there. The only living soul there quickly put up his hands, clearly terrified for his life. "P-P-Please don't shoot! I'm just a maintenance worker. I don't know how to fly and I don't want to fight, I just don't want to die." The look of fear on his face, and the clearly unconscious body of a pilot Darlyn saw laying on the ground just at the top of the loading ramp onto the ship, essentially confirmed everything he said.

"Beth please tell me you know how to fly because right now I'm experiencing the pain of at least seven different shots to the chest, tearing up my leg muscles, and I think another dozen or show shots to my left shoulder so I cannot fly even if I was good at it."

[member="Ambrose Cadera"] :|: [member="Beth Cadera"] :|: [member="Kaine Australis"] :|: [member="Tathra Khaeus"] :|: [member="Mig Gred"] :|: [member="Vyr Beviin"] :|: [member="Deius Koman'na"] :|: [member="Yasha Cadera"]

If they looked closely at Seo Linn they would be able to tell she was no Mandalorian. She would more closely fit in with them than the others. Another clue to her being here to help them was her non-verbal communication. These Mandalorians did not know it. However, with them being as concerned as they were, it was likely they never thought of these points.

One thing was clear, the Ranger trusted Seo and that was enough for her family. They started to follow Seo down the ally. At certain points, she would motion back to them a few things. Sometimes it was a, "wait here", or "everything is going to be fine".

Her gold eyes watched the people in front of them as they neared the spaceport again. Stopping before they reached the end of the ally, she decided it was time to introduce herself. With a crowd not far from where they were, the small sound of their conversation would blend in easier than if they were further away.

"I am Seo Linn and Knight of the Silver Jedi. You called for assistance and I think so far I am the only one to come. My ship is in the spaceport but is large enough for all of us. It is a simple freighter, but shouldn't draw any unwanted attention."

[member="Kat Decoria"]

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig quickly blocked a shot before deigniting the Trayc'kad's lightsabers before switching it to a blaster and delivering a shot at the attacker. He then heard Talyn behind him. "Helps on the way, Mig!" The alor just smiled under his helmet before sending Force Lightning at another opponent. It was then that a marauder got around him, gun whipping him in the back of the helmet, shattering what was left of his visor. Mig slashed back, aiming for the neck. Soon, he heard a gunships coming, but ended up missing his slash before attacker and others fall to the Krayts' guns. Mig looked up, saluting the vessels before seeing someone run up. A Mandalorian someone.

While Talyn, Ilik, and Mynock helped load the wounded of, well, everyone, the vod asked what the situation was. Mig pulled off his battered helmet, not able to see well through it anymore, and looked at her. "Well, we have marauders that have blown up the embassy and are trying to get everyone to fight one another, and I can fell something... dark about all this."

[member="Cynthia Solus"] Yasha Cadera Ambrose Cadera Beth Cadera Tathra Khaeus Darlyn Excron Seo Linn Kat Decoria Kaine Australis Deius Koman'na

Objective: Save The Serial Killer, who’s kinda endearing in his own way [member="Darlyn Excron"]

Yeah, yeah, I’m an idiot for saving you, yatatata, such a damsel in distress” she muttered under her breath as she got the man firmly under her grasp. She made sure as much of his weight was on her, although careful to not put enough that she couldn’t move the two of them. “Maybe it’s just not your time, eh? Okay, sounds good.”

There would be a ship, some type of ship at the end of the tunnel. If they could only get there in time to avoid the building collapsing, which would likely collapse any tunnels under it. She did happen to wonder how Lady Kay was. She hadn’t heard from the Arenais in months. Beth definitely didn’t want to be the one to reach out – it just seemed too complicated to try to figure out.
They were almost into the hangar, so close. The building above continued to shake, pieces of the ceiling falling, collapsing, bit by bit. It wouldn’t be long – they had probably made it right in time. “You’re a bit heavier than ya look, you know that,” she said with the slightest of a smile. They were probably dead, so she mine as well lighten the mood up.

Of course I can fly. Ish, anyway.” She carefully watched the maintenance worker as she brought the man aboard. She couldn’t leave them to die here, either. She carefully placed Darlyn in the co-pilots chair. Quickly, she pulled out some wiring and ran over to the pilot and the maintenance worker. “Get in,” she said sternly, emerald light flashing from her free hand.
O-o-okay, please don’t, please,” the maintenance worker begged as he ran into the ship. She then quickly pulled the pilot in.

BOOM!

Large rocks began to fall into the hangar – the main building likely having collapsed at this point. Beth worked fast – quickly tying up the pilot and the maintenance worker before nearly slingshotting herself into the pilots chair. Button press here, button press there. Turning on the all the electronics. Beth took a breath as she watched more of the ceiling fall, the wall next to them cracking.

She pushed forward on the throttle as the ship began to move forward, pushing past the exit of the hangar right as the exit fell. It clipped the end of the ship, causing the sensors to blink red.

WARNING, WARNING,” it screamed at Beth, Darlyn, and the now sobbing maintenance technician.

She quickly turned it, trying to gain control as the warnings went off. She just needed to land it close to the Mandalorians and they could get out fine. The ship wouldn’t make it through the atmosphere at this point, so they would have to meet up with Australis forces. “This is Beth Cadera-Australis. I have Darling? Er, Darlyn? Something like that with me. We’re going down – sending coordinates for pickup shortly. Also, got a potential enemy pilot and a maintenance worker,” she say through the ships comms.

Beth managed to semi-land but also semi-crash the ship. It crumbled, systems blaring, as the ship bumped along the ground, carving some a half-tunnel before finally settling into a stop position.

They made it. Somehow, they were alive. And maybe Beth was tooting her own horn, but she felt like her semi-landing was pretty darn considering the back of the ship was all sorts of karked up. She quickly unlocked the mag-lock on her buy'ce and removed it, as if it was somehow restricting her airflow. Somehow, her tight bun was very messy now. She quickly sent the coordinates to [member="Yasha Cadera"] for them to be picked up.

She glanced over to Darlyn, “Are you okay?

Vigil

Orwell, The Librarian

Well. That was a landing if ever he'd experienced one. To be frank most of the short flight was barely something he realized was happening, the flashes of pain filling his mind and blocking out most everything in a red haze, until the landing that was. It jolted him to reality, and he blinked slowly as he processed where he was, and where they had managed to land. He huffed slowly, and with great strain managed to sit up straight as Beth asked him a very simple question. Was he fine?

"Of course.. I'm fine. You should check on that pilot though, I'll handle the civi." His already messy hair was even more of a mess, as he half flopped onto the ground, managing to drag himself over to where the maintenance worker was, sobbing in pain now from a very obvious break in his leg. It seemed he'd managed to break it during the escape, and was having a hard time of it. "Shh.. shh. Don't worry.. you can get through this. Here bite on this." He managed to undo his large sash, turning it into something of a wad just thick enough to bite on without hurting yourself, as he went to work.

He couldn't heal, and frankly he was losing his grip on numbing pain. So he had very little time, the working crying harder as he took hold of the leg and began to set it properly. He let go of his pain numbing a bit, gasping in pain as he used a saber to cut a strip of metal out of whatever was close enough, using that and a second strip to hold it in place. Ripping his robes to create cloth strips, he tied them tightly above and below the break, so it would be secure, before he collapsed next to him, panting heavily as it was clear Darlyn was struggling to stay awake.

"Who taught you to fly Beth, I think you'll want to get your money back."

[member="Ambrose Cadera"] :|: [member="Beth Cadera"] :|: [member="Kaine Australis"] :|: [member="Tathra Khaeus"] :|: [member="Mig Gred"] :|: [member="Vyr Beviin"] :|: [member="Deius Koman'na"] :|: [member="Yasha Cadera"]

Beth breathed hard as she tried to recalibrate her senses. Her beskar’gam was able to protect her body mostly, but bruises still would appear where it pressed suddenly against her. She was a bit used to bruises by this point – after all, it was a natural part of her training. Annoying and painful, but something she had to overcome herself.

She had asked [member="Darlyn Excron"] if he was okay. He said he was fine – then something about the pilot. The adrenaline was starting to leave her. Her body felt more tired by the minute. She unbuckled herself and slid out of the chair and walked over towards the pilot, who had gotten through against the wall on the other side. Head was bleeding and the bone of an arm was timidly poking out, with blood seeping onto the floor. Likely due to him being tied up.

She untied him, leaned him and began to work on his head. Force Heal was wonderful for a situation like this – she could feel the cells reconnect, recharge, and somehow she was sure she could feel the synapses firing off. Next, she popped his bone back into place and began to heal his arm. Once satisfied with her work, she carefully leaned the still unconscious man against the wall – his hands tied again.

Finally, she crawled over towards the other two. “Here, let me heal it,” she muttered as she began to mend his arm through the cloth strips. It wasn’t her best work, but she was tired. She fell against the wall next to Darlyn as she stared at the lights blinking red.
She chuckled as she gave a playful glare to Darlyn. “Maybe if your legs hadn’t given out midbattle,” she retorted playfully.

Now, they just had to wait for the Mandalorians to evac them. She still had her backpack on, despite all the chaos. She pulled it around and pulled out a box of cookies and some water. “Snack?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom