Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Paths We Walk Wind Ever Inward

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

The question was an important one. Avra just had a vague hint of a cavern, but a swampy world like this rarely seemed to have things like that. It could have been an alcove created by one of the massive trees, but which one could it have been? There were countless trees on the surface, and all of them had massive deep roots that seemed to serve as a shelter for any number of creatures that lived here. Avra had one solution, and that was to beseech the Gods for guidance.

For a moment she sat there, thinking, and stopped before speaking. She focused her mind entirely on the magicks of the Gods and specifically on the Dark Side this time. The hint given was that the cave or alcove in question was where darkness was confronted. It seemed like the extension into Force traditions, the Dark Side was the key ingredient. She shuddered as she felt the spirits take hold of her. A multi-layered voice with many different pitches spoke, "The mightiest tree, beneath which lies the cavern. In the soil itself below, where no creature lives, but life itself teems." she said before snapping from her spiritually guided prophetic vision. In her mind she had a perfectly clear image of the tree, and even though her vision was reliant entirely on the Force she could guide them.

"South and west, there is a tree that stands taller than any in the area. It is as if the power of life itself has possessed this tree. It towers above any other. I hope that helps." she said, breathing herself so that she could regain her composure after she opened herself to the spirits.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"It's a starting point at least. Big tree, I can do that." She shifted the controls, heading south west now. Even if she wasn't the greatest pilot, she could at least manage to fly straight. "Soooo...you seeing anyone?" Small talk. It was practically a learned skill of Jonyna at this point, even if she usually resorted for the corniest of lines. Given that the witch was actively sitting on the Cathar's lap, she figured she'd shoot her shot while she still had the chance.

The flight was a short one, as Jonyna spotted the tree in question. Even still, finding a landing spot was something that took a moment.

Avra Elru Avra Elru

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"No, I do not see anything." she said, answering the question quite literally. That was how she understood it given the present context of their search. It was pertinent to know if the visions had granted her more knowledge than they had previously obtained. The context of the question, however, went over her head entirely. She had focused solely on the task at hand entirely.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Swing, and a miss. Dang.

Jonyna rolled her eyes at the failed attempt, shifting to land as they made their way down to the landing zone. Dice had gotten to work, and now it was too late. The X-wing came down on soft ground, slightly sinking into the swamp. "Dice, make sure we don't end up like Farmboy."

The bot beeped through the comms of the ship, as Jonyna went to open the cockpit. The noise of pressure seals breaking filled the air as fresh swamp air filled the small space. "You first, lap lady." Really, this flirt couldn't help herself. She liked girls and boys alike.

Tag: Avra Elru Avra Elru

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Delicate and ghost-like, Avra floated down from the X-wing and onto the soft loam of the swampy world. It felt familiar but was so very far away from Dathomir. She felt that this world would suit her people well should they have to migrate, but that was a contingency for the worst-case scenario imaginable.

"This world teems with energy that is undisturbed by the hands of industry. It is beautiful." she said, awed by the life force that flowed throughout Dagobah. Avra elected to hover over the soft ground, at least for now, so as to not lose her footing.

As she moved it was as if she could see, but it was known now that her blindness was true.
"Life and death are in harmony here. Decay begets growth, growth begets decay. This planet lives in equilibrium. We should be careful to not disturb this equilibrium and leave it as untouched as possible. Our presence is known to this world now, and we should show it the respect it deserves."

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna nodded in agreement, climbing out of the X-wing with care. Her boots whirred to life as she did, allowing her to hover slightly above the still waterline of the swamp. "Easy Peasy. I take it you can...see the way then?" See was probably not the right word, but Jonyna was more than happy to follow now. Her ears attuned to the noise of the swamp, listening for any form of danger. Even if life was precious, so was hers and her friend's. In a place like this, there could be any sort of creature.

tag: Avra Elru Avra Elru

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"There are many things to see, for those with sight. Reach out with your mind, and your spirit, and follow me. The path is clear." she said, floating off to the south where the darkened path split from the light. The flow of life and energy around her was awe inspiring, but she could not allow herself to be distracted. There was purpose here, and she could meditate on the beauty of nature, even a swamp, later.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna wasn't either going to let herself be distracted. Skating along the water's surface, the cathar used her tail to balance as she leaned into a leap, primal claws digging into swampy branches, using her now vertical position to keep an eye out for predators. Her senses sharpened, allowing herself to be guided not by sight or sound, but by the Force. Maybe it was a feeling of familiarity with the terrain. She'd dealt with swamps before, hell she'd fought in them. Her senses slowly honed in on something coming up though. A feeling of the Dark Side, which made her take pause and assess the situation. "...You sure this is the way?"

Avra Elru Avra Elru

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"You feel it too. The darkness we seek is this way. There is no need to fear it, as it is just a natural counterpoint to the light. Death, and life, darkness, and light, it is all important to the coexistence of all things. We seek the cavern beneath the tree..." Avra said, approaching a tree of immense size. The spirits had infused this tree specifically it seemed, for it grew beyond what seemed to be normal limitations.

She peered through, seeing only what her heart guided her toward. Within the recess beneath the tree was a creature, a predatory creature, and it appeared to be rousing from slumber. It displayed bristling aggression, which Avra met with silent peace. She was confident that the Gods could see her through this, and so she merely reached forward with her left hand and reached into the beast with her mind, projecting calm and serenity. Predators were protective of their homes, and their food, and they wanted neither. This was the only way to communicate it though, and so she remained calm and allowed the Gods to sort out whether or not the creature would attack. Avra felt it was a test. In a cave where darkness was more powerful, to her, the only natural response was to project light.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

A faint greena aura surrounded Avra and the predator. For what seemed an eternity she connected with the beast, and as she approached it the creature simply moved out of the way and went back to the den deeper within. Avra breathed a sigh of relief. Such a powerful and majestic beast created its home here, not out of malice or intent, but because it sought shelter. It did not know that there was something of importance hidden away here.

The Nightsister stepped deeper in, and approached what looked to be a carving. It was a sigil, one of magic from Dathomir that she had seen before. It was a seal, meant to be broken only by those that were meant to break it. Pale fingers reached out, and as they approached the sigil the wood yielded revealing a small chest. Avra took the piece, and opened it. Inside was the crossguard of a sword, and on it clues to the next location. She felt more justified than ever having been able to mantle the challenge of a blood seal. "We are blessed this day. Look, the crossguard. As if no time had passed at all. It feels new still."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Avra ran a finger over the carvings in the crossguard and smiled, "Here, on the crossguard. Written is another passage that grants guidance. It mentions a world of ice and snow. Shut away in an ancient shelter, hidden right under the nose of a desperate people facing impossible odds. You have been such a help thus far, Jonyna, would you care to accompany me to see this through?"

"I know very little of the planets beyond Dathomir's immediate vicinity. Does your Jedi Archive have anything that we could use to perhaps learn more? I could offer to enlighten your Librarian to more precise knowledge of my people in exchange for the help." Avra said, offering an exchange considering the help she had received thus far had been given freely. She felt bad for not giving back.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"...I don't even think we'd have to bother the librarian. Come on, let's get back to the ship, I have an idea." Jonyna nodded, starting the trek back. Once more, she took to the branches of the swamp, just as much as climber as she was a cat. "If my theory is right, Dice should have records of this kinda thing in his banks. He's been poking around the archives whenever I'm at the temple."

Tag: Avra Elru Avra Elru

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom