Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Paths We Walk Wind Ever Inward

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"Perhaps I should pay Cathar a visit one day. Until then, your help is appreciated." Avra said, following though somewhat hesitant to be surrounded by so many Jedi. It was not that she disliked them, it was that she knew to them she was potent with the Dark Side. She did not particularly relish the idea of a philosophical confrontation with the more dogmatically aligned Jedi. Still, if this could help her find the next location she should travel then her discomfort would have to be placed to the side in favor of her faith in the Gods.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Come visit Ran Dom Kuun, tell them Sage Si invited you." Jonyna said with a chipper tone, leading them through the front lobby. A few idle jedi gave them looks, but Jonyna paid them no mind. She barreled the two straight for the temple hanger, which was just off to the side of the main building through the lobby.

Inside, a myriad of ships were parked in the hanger, but Jonyna took them towards one in particular. What looked at first to be an old Imperial cruiser, upon closer inspection it was painted over in gold with tribal markings and accents, allowing it to stand out among the crowd. "Dice! I need your help!"

The ramp lowered to the ship, a small astromech rolling out, beeping indignantly at his cathar friend.

"Yes, I know. But I had to! They had a cathar exhibit!"

Tag: Avra Elru Avra Elru

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"Your friend seems, perturbed." Avra observed, bemused by the small droid. Astromechs, as they were called, always seemed to be very sassy. But soon after her eyes moved up to the ship that she had been guided to. It was larger than the ones she had hired to get around previously, so she was unsure. The Nightsister had spent very little time on ships on the principle that she preferred her feet on solid ground. With the galaxy being the way it is though, it made travel necessary and that meant she had to find a way to overcome her discomfort with the vastness of space.

Avra's eyes turned down to the droid though,
"Jonyna says you can help me, Dice. I am searching for artifacts important to my people, and we have been given a riddle you could say. It says we must travel to a planet where a deep swamp resides in the shadows of giant trees in order to find a cave where people face introspection into their own dark traits. Do you know of a planet like this?"

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The bot beeped, before pausing to think for a moment.

"Hold on, he's doing his thing..."

The bot beeped once more, whirling around.

"...Dagobah. I've...never been there. But hey, you're the pilot." Jonyna chuckled, looking to Avra Elru Avra Elru "You might a little trip to a swamp?"

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"Dagobah?" Avra said inquisitively. It was not a world she had heard of before. Not that it was uncommon, since she had spent most of her life on Dathomir and not worrying about travel. It was only recently after all, that she had been kicked from her home world. "It is not a planet I know, but back on Dathomir my clan resided in one of the swamps. Perhaps that will be useful."

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Come on board then." Jonyna motioned her inside the ship. To Dagobah they went.

Once inside, Avra Elru Avra Elru found the ship to be littered with old Imperial tech, blasters, grenades, stuff that probably would fit in the museum alongside the exhibits they had just seen. Once they climbed a pair of stairs, they found themselves in a massive lounge.

"You're welcome to make yourself at home. Just don't take any rooms that already have people living in them. Oh! And watch out for Guffy. He's uh....Raycon. Big furry THIEF!" She called out, a skittering heard from behind the couch.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"What a delightful little friend." Avra said with a genuine smile. She loved wildlife and animals in general, so meeting one she had never heard of was quite a wonderful little event for her. The Nightsister reached out to try and give the little fuzzy thing a scratch behind the ear.

"You keep quite a wide range of company. I must say, that my knowledge of Jedi is limited but generally thought of as quite rigid and lacking social etiquette or skill. No offense." she continued, making a bit of conversational talk now that she felt more comfortable than she had prior.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"None taken." Jonyna chuckled, taking a seat on one of the couches, offering her new friend a seat next to her. "I wouldn't call myself a traditional jedi. I used to run with a crew a long time ago, we had a battle droid alongside a trandoshian, alongside an imperial turncoat. Bunch'a rabble-rousers fighting for freedom against the Empire."

Guffy seemed to chitter at the sudden affection, sitting down on the couch and making little grabby hands at the witch for more.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"Tradition is important, but one must know when to stray from tradition for something bigger than just the old ways. Times change, and while I value the ancient traditions of the Nightsisters, there are things that must be changed. Hopefully I am able to unite my people under one banner." she said, rolling the fuzzy friend over and scratching it right on the stomach.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"I pray I can do that for the Cathar one day. Bring all the old tribes together. Unforunately, our culture is so spread out nowadays. The Denik are just one tribe, and while we've done our best to preserve our culture, the cathar of today don't exactly see the homelands as something to return to." The Cathar let out a sigh as she watched her raycon roll over and turn into a pancake of satisfaction on the couch. "I wish you to best with Dathomir once. Nothing but respect for your culture on my end. Like I said, my first teacher when it came to the Force was a Witch. Maybe one day, when you're the queen of the witches, and I'm the elder sage, our people can work together towards some sort of alliance."

The Cathar jedi, while she respected the witches very much, she knew very little actually about them. "...you guys have queens, right? I'm not sure how your power structure works."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Avra smiled and enjoyed the respectful gestures. She continued to pat the small fuzzy creature, "We are organized in clans. Mine is the Misty Falls clan. Our homes are hidden naturally by powerful waterfalls that protect us in a valley deep in a mountain range. My mother was the Nightmother of our clan, her mother before her, and I was destined to be so as well. Rivals in the clan, they saw an opportunity and seized it. Killed my grandmother, and my mother, and I ran from the world on the first stray ship that passed the planet." she said, feeling deep grief still in spite of the time that had passed since she lost her family.

"Our people live in tandem closely with our Rancor allies. They are not servants or beasts of burdens, but peers. We respect them, treat them as equals, and they treat us well in return. They are so much more intelligent than people make of them. The Rancor of Dathomir have learned language and can write Galactic Basic. Some people think them mindless beasts, but the ones they see are the ones that have been abused to madness by the Hutts and other such mongrels that steal young Rancor and entrap them for entertainment and amusement. My Rancor friend, Princess, she is still on Dathomir, and I can feel her worry for me. She knows I am alive, I said goodbye to her before I departed. I wish to see her again, but I cannot do so until I have the ability to lay a proper claim to Dathomirian power. That is why I hunt for this sword. To save my people, and to save the Rancor, from the naked ambition and greed of those that would abuse our world for profit. Dathomir deserves better than that, and I would be proud to call your people friends of Dathomir." Avra said, quite passioante about her pursuit and belief that she can save her world from outside destruction.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

That was interesting...

"Do you think your rivals are still there?" A question asked, and yet Jonyna knew if the answer was yes, she couldn't be the one to go deal with it. A jedi wouldn't incite violence like that.

Or at least, not one of this age. Not in public. Her role as a shadow has many facets to it, and now she was hitting the moral grey she so hated. But that was for later. For now, "What about that sword? What exactly is the significance of it, and why do you need it?"

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"I feel that they are still there. They make a mockery of our traditions by enslaving our peers and allowing thieves to steal our Rancor from us. It is my solemn duty to guide them to see reason, and if that fails, destroy them. I would prefer not to, but if they refuse peace as an option then they leave me with no choice." she said, a little dour on the subject of those who had exiled her. It spoke to her character though that she was willing to offer them forgiveness and reintegration into Dathomirian society if they could be spoken to as equals.

Avra did, however, light up a little at the question regarding the history of her people and the importance of her hunt.
"That, is something that I will gladly answer. The sword was made nearly one-thousand years ago, during the period called The Clone Wars. Dathomir was officially neutral in the conflict, but it was then that a Sith Lord named Sidious came to our world and sought after one he could tutor as his Sith apprentice. They took a young man from one of the tribes and he became, Darth Maul. The sister that granted Sidious his apprentice was Mother Talzin, a powerful witch and one of the most important in shaping the Nightsister tradition as opposed to the other witches which typically spurned the Dark Side. It was a terrible mistake to allow him to take Maul, and we suffered for it years later. A young Nightsister named Asajj Ventress came to the planet seeking an apprentice of her own. She had been made the secret apprentice of Darth Tyrannus, Sidious's apprentice after Maul was defeated by a Jedi named Obi-Wan Kenobi. Tyrannus betrayed her, and Ventress came seeking her own student to seek revenge against Tyrannus. As fate woudl have it, another male was chosen named Savage Opress, and he was the brother of Maul. Opress eventually left Ventress to join his brother Maul. The Force likes to wind in strange ways around these things people consider coincidence. Talzin allowed him to be taken again. Sidious felt the disturbance, and hunted down Maul and Savage, and fought them. Savage was killed, and Maul was forced to flee. That was when things grew more tense. Following Talzin's betrayal of Tyrannus the Clone Wars came to Dathomir, and our people suffered a horrible purge. Many of us died in battle against the droid army. Talzin nearly defeated Tyrannus, but a cyborg named Grievous killed her. With her death, her coven had fallen. Dathomir had been scattered again. Outside forces once more cause suffering to my people. That weapon was owned by Talzin, the woman who shaped two Sith apprentices, and nearly defeated the Sith herself. With something like that in my possession, I feel it would be hard for traditional clans on Dathomir to refuse my claim and desire to unify our people."

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The names mentioned forced a shiver down Jonyna's spine. "I'm familiar with a few of those names. The truth is, I'm much older than I look. 900 years older. I saw Sidious's Empire take hold on the galaxy and fought against it. My mate, Giran, he was alive before even that. Fought in the Clone Wars. Don't know if he was ever on Dathomir, but I'm sure he knew about Maul and Grievous."

<<Arriving in the Dagobah System in 5 minutes!>> A robotic voice rang through the intercom, Jonyna letting out a sigh.

"I doubt whatever jungle there is will make for a safe and easy landing. We might need to go down in a smaller craft."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"So be it. If you are unfamiliar with the dangers of swamps, I can guide us through. My clan lives near swamplands and frequently pass through them to reach our traditional burial ground where we entomb our important dead." Avra said, her voice somewhat solemn. Those names meant much to the people of Dathomir, and none of it good. Her people had been pushed to the brink before, but survived through guile and tenacity. So long as a Dathomirian drew breath, the planet would be protected to the death.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Come on then. Lemme show you how we're getting down there." Jonyna smiled, kipping off the couch and leading them upstairs to a large cargo-bay-turned-hanger. Inside, a single X-wing. "Hope you don't mind sitting on my lap."

The intercom buzzed.
<<Exiting hyperspace in 2 minutes!>>

"I believe I will survive the trip." she said, following behind toward the hangar bay. It was a ship she had seen before this time, but fitting a second person inside looked to be a challenge. Not that she was unused to discomfort or tight spaces, but at least they had a method to reach the surface.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

As they climbed into the X-wing, it was indeed cramped. Jonyna didn't seem to mind though, smirking at her witchy friend as they got settled. "Hi."

As they took off, Jonyna didn't seem to blink as they approached the green orb hanging in the sky. Dagobah, a planet that much like Cathar in it's geography, but much more...wet.

frederic-bec-dagobah-mangrove-tree-rhyzophora-3d-star-wars-c4d-max-obj-3ds-image-3.jpg

Landing was a task and a half for the relatively young cathar. While was wasn't ever the best pilot, she had picked up some tricks from her old companion Zash, one of which was a slooooow decent. Caution was key, and finding a dry landing spot was the best idea.

"Any idea exactly where we're looking for Avra? I'm hoping we don't have to trek halfway across the planet for a single cave..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom