Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply The Path To Greed

sith-red.png

"And your opinion is?"

Alina kept her gaze on the planet of Velmor, her chin resting in the palm of her hand. The reports were few, but they were enough to catch her attention. Madness. Someone had been going about butchering people in the streets. A serial killer by all accounts, leaving behind strange symbols at every murder. No two murders were exactly the same, nor were the symbols seemingly linked. They were a sequence, after all. One from a Sith Scroll that had once been stored away within the Tremiru Vault.

Someone had gotten their hands on something they really shouldn't have.

Vincent glanced from the controls to her for a brief moment before setting the shuttle on a path to land. "I don't think it's the same person leaving the bodies behind. It's either a group, or someone is routinely picked to continue the ritual next. My guess is along those lines. Greed is a powerful motivator. Do you know what the ritual is for?"

"Not specifically. Many of the scrolls we had weren't meant to be used or read, just preserved. Based on the symbols that have been reported though we're looking at.." She lifted up one of the crime scene pictures, humming in thought.

"Wealth. Greed. Is our informant still in the city?"

"As far as reported, yes."

Alina smiled faintly, again turning her gaze towards the planet as they began to break through atmosphere.

"Good."

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Red scanned over the datapad. He had gone over the data, over and over again, repeatedly. The data was seemingly consistent, however it was missing something. The victims were seemingly random, with no correlation, whatsoever. At least, if there was a correlation, neither Red nor the police force could determine it. None of the murders were the same, either. The only correlation was the symbols left at the scene of the crime. None of them were the same, yet, at each crime a symbol was left behind, with seemingly no correlation.

Red sighed and looked up from his datapad at the scene around him. An apartment, overturned, furniture strewn about. Blood covered the floor, and a mangled body, strewn out on the ground. A recent kill, within the past day or so. A symbol was carved into the body of the victim, unknown what it meant. The victim was so mangled that the police had a difficult time identifying the body. Police were scattered about the room, investigating the crime scene. They had been having trouble recently with the case, so Red had been hired for his expertise in detective work.

"Anything?" One of the officers asked Red.

He turned towards the officer. "Brutal kill, but it appears as if the victim put up a fight. Most likely they remained alive while someone carved up the body." He replied.

"We'll run forensics, see if we can't find any DNA to identify a killer."

Red nodded and turned back to the body. Red doubted they would be able too, no evidence had been found so far. The police assumed it was just the work of a deranged individual, however, Red suspected something more sinister. He had heard... rumors over the holonet, apparently, some groups were panicking over the reports of the killings, believing it to mean something. Supposedly, someone knew something more, they were in the city, too. An informant, willing to cough up some information.

"I'll be back, I need to look into a lead." He told the officers.

Red turned and walked out of the room, headed out onto the street. He needed to find this informant, fast, before someone else did, or before someone silenced them.

sith-red.png

"You know what information I want, don't you sweetie?"

Alina traced a finger under the chin of the man seated before her. He flinched, mostly because her nail easily cut through his skin. Nothing deep, but the thin line of red was as much of a threat as a means of control. A thick red mist formed around the Sith's hand, seeping into the wound before it rather rapidly healed over. The look of fear and apprehension in the man's eyes faded for one of pure admiration.

Loyalty.

"I have a recording, my Lady. I didn't know what was going on so I just.. I recorded it. And ran. I was so scared."

"Oh I know. It must have been terrifying. But you're strong now, aren't you? Give me the recording, dear." He nodded quickly, getting up to walk over to where he'd stashed away the holotape. Alina turned her head towards the door, though, humming aloud. "Were you expecting guests?"

".. No?"

Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red

Subject 73 Red

Red walked down the street, looking at his datapad. His informant claimed to have been at the scene of the crime when it happened, and was willing to exchange information anyone who would listen, and who could provide him with safety. He was meant to meet with him in a building nearby, but Red had no doubt that some other... unsavory individuals had picked up on the trail too.

As he approached the location he was meant to meet the informant at, he sensed something... off. Not necessarily a malicious presence, but one he had not been expecting. He had been expecting to feel a scared and afraid presence from the informant, not a... confident, powerful aura. Something was off, something wasn't right here. The informant must have been found out by someone else, but Red could still feel him alive. They still had a use for him.

Red crouched down next to the door, and pulled out a listening device off of his toolbelt. He placed the device on the door to the building, and connected the audio to his helmet. From there, he would listen in on the conversations taking place inside the building. Eavesdropping, perhaps he could gain information on what was happening inside.

sith-red.png

"Well, that's no good. I think someone's here for you."

She held out a hand to take the holodevice she'd requested, smiling ever so faintly. So others were already searching for this? She tucked it away before pointing towards where she could feel it. A heartbeat. Still and calm, just on the other side of the door. They were trained to be so calm spying. "Why don't you introduce me to them?"

They didn't hesitate then. He walked right over to the door before slamming his fist through it. Unnatural might made the solid metal little more than tissue paper as he reached for the man on the other side.

Subject 73 Red

Red listened to the conversation taking place inside the building. It seemed like the informant had sold out to other people as well. That would certainly complicate things, hopefully he hadn't sold out to people that would want him dead especially.

"Why don't you introduce me to them?"

Before he knew it, an arm flew through the door, busting through the metal, as if it was a small sheet of paper. Red jumped back, quickly, startled, moving out of the way of the arm. Red pulled out his knife, and brought it down on the hand reaching out for him, stabbing through it, before pulling out his blaster pistol with his other hand, and aiming it at the door.

"Hey! I just want to talk!" He yelled out, hoping that they would oblige.

sith-red.png

He didn't react to the dagger.

Much like a spice high the man just continued to reach forward anyway, flailing around as Red got out of his reach before fully continuing to tear open the rest of the door. Panel by panel of metal screeched as he wrenched his way open to try and get through, uncaring of the wounds it was giving him. He was unnaturally strong, but his hands were still cut and bleeding on the sharp edges.

"He's hungry, dearie, not chatty. If I were you I'd leave before he gets through that door~"

There was a singsong, playful tone as Alina watched from the background. Not for long of course, she had the information she needed. And now a distraction to hold back this other figure who seemed to be on a similar trail. She turned, walking towards the window to hop out of. "Try not to die, stranger!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom