Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Path to Becoming a Jedi Battlemaster

Julius here is on the path to what I would call a 'Traditional Jedi Battlemaster'.... He's never going to be the cookie-cutter TK tank you see so much of here(not that those types are bad, just overused I think). His forces powers, the ones he uses beyond rudimentary levels, will (by design) be off the wall and different. Just because... Well... I want to do something atypical.. Since my other main focal character is a pretty standard Mando type. That said, I'm looking for a posting partner(s) for one or more threads on the following subjects:

• Lightsaber Form Training/Practice/Instruction - Barring Makashi & Ataru, which he can instruct in. I want him to know all 7.
  • Various types of Lightsaber(s) - Saberstaff, Lightwhip, Saber Pike, Shoto, Guard Shoto, etc.. If it's something besides a typical solo-saber style, i'm intrigued to learn it. And intend to know it, at least basically enough in all such things to be able to show a Padawan the generalities.
  • Teras Kasi - I know this is not terribly well spread on Chaos, but i'd still like to learn it. A warrior is incomplete if he is dependent on a weapon, and more so a singular type.
  • Exotic or Unsual Force Powers - I'm not sure where or what, but something unique would be welcome, so what FU powers he does utilize regularly aren't the same old same old. I was thinking of seeking out the Ang Tii, as watching [member="Coren Starchaser"] post, some of their abilities seem quite underused, and very useful. Ballistikinesis might be nice too...
  • Armored Combat - A mandalorian might be best in instructing in this, maybe? It's a pet peeve of mine for people to parade about in Jedi Robes fighting, and then switch to armor and do just fine without any training or practice. Julius can do lighter armor and robes, but he's finding out the Vanguard armor is throwing him off a bit.
  • Standard Force Powers: While he won't be terribly skilled in them... To the point even whenever he is a Master, he'll be Knight level in most of his skills (at best) to offset the saber-savant syndrome... I want him to know them, for the purpose of teaching others if need be, etc.. These would be things like Force Weapon, Force Body, Force Strength, primarily Alter sphere powers to compliment Lightsaber Combat
  • Holocron/Saber Hunt: I intend to go after Rahm Kota's lightsaber and 'holocron', so a group of Jedi willing to help that, and willing to help me decide what knowledge it contains, would be welcome. Obviously i'll share the knowledge/holocron, but the saber i'd prefer to keep.. I think [member="Matsu Ike"] is the resident relic hunter, no?
  • Armor: I am going to make this guy a Battlemaster. So just one suit of big bulky armor is not going to cut it... I'm thinking of a lot of things, from multiple suits, to some sort of intricate modular/adaptable armor that can change on a whim depending on what style he adopts in that moment (just thinking of the how on that hurts my head). But i've never made armor for a FU before, so input is welcome so I don't turn him into another walking tank or such. [member="Micah Talith"] is our resident on this stuff, right?
  • Alchemy/Alkahest Blade: At some point, it might be nice for him to carry a traditional sword, just for show/ceremony if nothing else. I was thinking, since he is very proud of his Coreilian heritage, of making it out of alchemized Coreillian Bloodsteel and such. Heck, it could even be Force Imbued... Just looking for a symbol, and this would likely be made when/if he is made a master.
  • Tactics & Warfare: This is also, I will admit, a glaring lack in both Julius' ability and mine in general as a writer. One on one, and in broad, general terms, i'm not half bad. But if Julius is going to be a Battlemaster, he needs to up his tactician game. A lot.
  • A Ship: At some point, he's going to need something so he can hunt these things. Not a lot, really. Something with a training room/armory, fast and quick to move and good for going on Indiana Jones style missions as he seeks out the knowledge and relics he wants.

Feel free to reply here, or PM, if you have ideas on these things... I'm well aware for some things I may have to adopt self-training, but that always feels like cheap and easy way out, so i'm not quite wanting to do that just yet, but I am not well versed in FU characters here, so I might struggle a bit who to bother, lol.

[member="Julius Sedaire"]

I'm a Mando and a Force User. Ana has always had armor and doesn't parade around in Jedi robes. Though have a set of robes would be interesting. Anyway, I can help you learn armored fighting or Force Powers too. I know a few.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Julius Sedaire said:
Holocron/Saber Hunt: I intend to go after Rahm Kota's lightsaber and 'holocron', so a group of Jedi willing to help that, and willing to help me decide what knowledge it contains, would be welcome. Obviously i'll share the knowledge/holocron, but the saber i'd prefer to keep.. I think Matsu Ike is the resident relic hunter, no?
Possibly and I am always up for helping in hunts.

[member="Coren Starchaser"] - Absolutely. A lot of this stuff Julius will learn, he will know academically, he will be able to show others the basics of... But in being able to rely on it in battle? Not so much. In terms of Force Powers, excepting a limited handful of techniques, he is going to be pretty much a bumbling level just barely below Knight or above Padawan.

Veino can help with soresu, ballistakinesis, and armored fighting. Some with tactics, and maybe some exotic stuff, based on your definition if he knows any. Tiland has an NPC master working with Force weapon, Teras kasi, etc, and you can join in the the thread if you want.

[member="Veino Garn"] - Excellent! I'll send you a PM in a few moments to get that ball rolling, if you'd not mind.

[member="Matsu Ike"] - If you're down, i'll probably have the 'sub' for the Holocron written tonight, if I can forward it to you for looking over? Possibly the lightsaber as well.. I have what I call 'Mando Syndrome' and tend to pack too many toys/features into things, so it's going to be a fight.

[member="Anastasia Rade"] - That might be an interesting idea indeed! I'll put you on the PM list.

Thanks guys!

I have a thread in the works that will be finally starting Julius down the path for this, as well as a pre-sub up in the factory that could use an alchemists' hand to help make a reality. The holocron sub is up and good, and i'm pretty much done with the lightsaber as well. I'm trying to gauge interest to hold a class with other saber minded Jedi where we can perhaps exchange philosophies and fighting style tips and maybe everyone learn a little bit from everyone else.

The path begins!

Julius Sedaire said:
Tactics & Warfare: This is also, I will admit, a glaring lack in both Julius' ability and mine in general as a writer. One on one, and in broad, general terms, i'm not half bad. But if Julius is going to be a Battlemaster, he needs to up his tactician game. A lot.
Jacen is good with Company and below tactics

[member="Meeristali Peradun"] - You up for some holocron hunting? Some of the lightsaber styles are proving hard to track down, so i'm thinking of making a holocron of a battlemaster to learn from. Perhaps we can study them together?

[member="Julius Sedaire"]

That's what I was thinking. We can be badass bros, you know?

Also, Force Body, enhanced strength, and whatnot are my thing, so I scratch your back, you scratch mine! Same with lightsaber forms - Stali knows Djem So and Shii-Cho.

Really, I'm chasing many things you are.

Realistically Sarge can teach you a number of weapons. Little known fact - he's probably one of the better quarterstaff fighters around. He's also a Soresu practitioner. So if you want instruction in that, lemme know.

[member="Meeristali Peradun"] - Excellent. I can teach you Makashi and Ataru. And Force Speed, if that's your thing.

[member="Sarge Potteiger"] - That would be very welcome, actually. You can probably teach the guy about fighting in big clunky armor, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom