Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pact of Steel (Moira)

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Armed with the deeds and register of ownership Maelion marched to the security desk and evicted the guards, then obtained control over the guard droids. It was time to consolidate what they had just stolen.
Archangel would rise.

First though they would need capital and customers. That was their first priority. They would immediately begin searching for those. Fortunately their droid workers and the factory machines did not need payment and could work day and night.

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

The set-up so screamed trap that Moira felt like rolling her eyes. Seriously, that sniper hiding behind the window in the building facing her was painfully obvious. At least, as her scan, indicated, the rifle was decent. A well-dressed man in a slick business suit and trenchcoat was there to greet her, with some hangers-on and bodyguards, making an effort to hide their blasters and disruptors. Doubtless a few more were lurking inside the alleyway, waiting to close in on her. No heavy weapons though, no ion weapons.

She brought her speeder down and came to a halt, removing the duffel bag and unzipping it, for the inspection of his minions, then handed him a briefcase. The Banking Clan representative smiled, as did the equally well dressed red Twi'lek who spoke for the Cartel, greed evident in their eyes. "Alas, poor Mr Banks. He did not comprehend his place in things and understand the way power flows."

"Now he does," Moira said very dryly. "This settles the debt. Archangel is under new management. Business is concluded."

"Yes, new management," the Banking Clan boss scratched his stubble of a beard thoughtfully, his hand surreptitiously going for his ring, doubtless sending a silent command.

"I'm afraid we can't walk away just like that, Ms Alderana. Or should I say...Ruby? Yes, we did some digging. Checkered past...so we..." the Twi'lek did get any further because in a flash Moira had her Verpine Shatter Gun out and shot her guards, one shot for each between the eye. As she pistol-whipped the Banking Clan boss she grabbed the frightened Twi'lek by the throat and held her into the air. The woman choked and in the same moment cried out in pain as the sniper fired, Moira having seized the woman in time for the laser shot to fry her brain matter. The sniper retreated, changing his position, the scoped shatter gun fired and he gave up the ghost.

More goons closed in, trying to circle her and fire out salvoes of laser fire. The dead Twi'lek was tossed into the fray and then Moira engaged them, shooting, kicking.

Soon all were dead. It was an abandoned district in the worse part of town, Cor-Sec would take ages to investigate. Crimes happened here a lot.

And just like that, the company was theirs.

Maelion did have a prospective business client in mind, someone who had dealt with the Protectorate before.

She therefore opened a channel to @[member="Alli Wren"] and offered to meet her at her earliest convenience.

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

It was over in a brutally short time span and Moira walked away, boarding her speeder. Behind her the speeder that had carried the 'legitimate businessmen' was a smoking wreckage, it had been smashed violently and the ground was stained with blood. Similarly the window of a building from which she had been fired on had been shattered and glass lined the floor, intermixed with blood. One goon had had his head bashed so hard into the wall it popped like jellie, corpses littered the area, some of them brutally twisted and with their bones fractured.

The body of Banks, a pistol clenched in his hand, lay along the line of dead bodies. The security forces might suspect a deal had gone amiss. A few rumours along the grapevine about debts and shady dealings. Crime was a serious issue in this district after all. Two of the less mutilated and most intact goons were stuffed into duffel bags and put into the car boot. They could be...useful in death, then Moira took off.

Alli Wren had an interesting call, Archangel Enterprises. The advantage was that Alli Wren was also Based out of Corellia. So she was reached rather shortly. She sent a message inviting them to her tower. She owned a fair bit of real estate, but her favorite planet was Corelia. So here she had put her Headquarters. She waited in her office on the top floor and smiled wondering what was to come. She overlooked a lot, like for instance recent hostile takeovers. So she waited in her office for the beauitufl owners of Archangel Enterprises to show up for their 4 o clock.
@Tegaea Alcori
@Siobhan Kerrigan

@[member="Alli Wren"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
Stepping out of the hired speeder, Maelion walked towards the Baktoid HQ. It was an impressive building, and one day Maelion was sure that they would have something as grand, as powerful. Small steps first though.

Turning to Moira, she spoke aloud for the benefit of nearby watchers. “We’re right on time. Ms Wren is on the top floor.”
They both knew this already, but organics set such importance in talking about the obvious.

For this meeting Maelion was going under the pseudonym Alexia Comnena, wealthy businesswoman and co-owner of Archangel Research and Development. It was a good ruse, and someone would have to look really hard to get past the well forged documents and ID.

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"], @[member="Alli Wren"]

So now they were taking their first steps towards the Age of Steel. Cold but intelligent eyes gazed at the Baktoid HQ building, scanning every Nuance, taking in the opulence which seemed designed to put the power of the corporation on display, as it should be, but also the guards.

"Yes. It has the best view of the city," Moira responded just as obviously. The tendency of organics to state the obvious was something that always annoyed her, but one had to blend in. Much like their desire to offer tea, starcaf or wine at any meeting. Or use any chance to pursue sexual intercourse when it served no purpose - after all, logically the whole point was to reproduce. One day there would be order, but small steps first.

At the reception she showed their IDs to the official, a guard giving them a quick scan with a device that should frisk out any irregularities, finding that their identification was in perfect order and sending a message to the office of CEO Wren after the two 'ladies' had been directed to the lift. For her part Moira had the cover identity of a certain Nalia Alderana, newly wealthy businesswoman and to play the part she was dressed in an elegant yet conservative business suit. Unlike a certain woman-shaped battering ram Moira had no trouble keeping her balance in high heels, but for some reason she still did not like them! The alias was especially ironic when one considered that in another reality where Moira had been human and a fanatical Imperial, Nalia had been a Terminatrix and her superior...and due to certain events later tortured her!

Alli Wren took great pleasure in displaying her wealth, If it wasn't obvious from the ground floor the moment the elevator opened it would be. Her top floor was her, pride and joy and also housed her living quarters tucked away. That was right she lived at work, which if you met her made sense. She often ran numbers in her head even when relaxing in her quarters. Having an implant in her mind that let her interact directly with computers and droids was probaly the worst thing she could of had installed. It meant that she was always just a thought away from work. Mostly her over zealous display was to remind those visiting who they were dealing with. She had found that decadence had its usefuleness when dealing with prospective designers and subsiadiaries. She however probed the databases about her two new clients. Alll arrived in a tight black pantsuit and smirked as she eyed the two. She greeted them personally at the elevator and took them to her office which took up a great portion of the floor and and large windows, but was realitivtly empty. I only had her desk and 3 chairs. " Hello Miss Comnena, and Miss Alderana, I it as pleasure to meet you She said motioning for them to sit. " Anyone who was more eletronic than they were organic like the two greeting her would note that Alli wren emitted her own heavily encrypted wireless signal that would probe against any technology it encountered. They would have to fool it. Alli smiled " So I was hoping we could come to some sort of an arrangement, as I think you have great potential, I just note that you don't have nearly enough capitol. I can help with that. "

@Tegaea Alcori
@Siobhan Kerrigan

As they entered the opulent suite at the top of the tower, Maelion’s thoughts were not focused on the luxury. This was merely a distraction for organics. Instead she studied @[member="Alli Wren"]. There was something interesting about her.
Her internal sensors immediately detected the probing, but could not determine where it was coming from without revealing herself. Thus, she was content to ignore it, knowing that she was well shielded enough to avoid detection unless she allowed it.

“Thank you for this meeting, Ms Wren,” Maelion said smoothly. “You are correct, we are lacking in capital at the moment. The cost of acquiring Archangel was considerable. Are you interested in our designs for Human Replica Droids, or our other potential products?”

Moira noted the affluence and luxury on display, something to remind visitors and clients, political leaders and captains of industry, of the elevated station of the woman who deigned to invite them. Organics placed great emphasis on status and on showing what 'they had accomplished', especially if they had risen from the bottom. However, she was indifferent to it, having seen enough of that from former 'Exarch' Kerrigan, who probably would have been distracted from getting things done because she wanted to 'negotiate'.

Her gaze was focused on the CEO. Something was of interest about her, she noted the probing as well, but she was shielded sufficiently. "Indeed. Thank you for receiving us in such a short time span. We are eager to acquire the capital to expand Archangel and provide premium HRDs units. We would be interested in doing business with Baktoid to this end. As you know HRDs can perform a variety of tasks that go beyond simple combat droids, in positions too dangerous for organics."

Alli smiled " Yes the uses of HRDs are endless, and I am particularly interested in Entechment. But the question is how much capitol do you want. I can go as far as turning you into a subsidiary, and as little as being an investor. I assure you that either way, you will be free to continue as you would, We can work on things together or you can just happen to be my source of HRD's for my own experiments, either way I happen to be one of the foremost experts on droid technology and the human brain. I have built implants that let one's mind interact directly with machines and my next goal is to surpass the human body. Can a human not turn their mind into software ran on an even more efficient machine, that is a HRD? That is my pet project, but enough about that, I want to know how you want to go about me investing in your company. " She said looking at them both, curious what they might desire.

@Tegaea Alcori
@Siobhan Kerrigan

@[member="Alli Wren"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

It was time to be cagey outright admitting you were actually homicidal droids plotting to kill or convert the entire galaxy wasn’t a great sales pitch. Not normally anyway.
So Maelion’s processor found a nice, safe way of saying it.
“That is indeed most impressive, Ms Wren. Archangel is practically ready to go, but we require some more capital to invest in some of the more complex machines. Firstly we require a supercomputer capable of programming the very complex algorithms into the droid brain processors. Secondly we need some way of fabricating the underlying droid bodies on site. We have equipment which will do that, but it needs modification and upgrading. Overall, in exchange for becoming a subsidiary and 33% ownership in the company, you will provide the necessary funds and equipment. We would also like to offer an HRD assistant of your choice as our gift to you, should you desire it.”

@[member="Alli Wren"], @[member="Maelion Liates"]

There was something like a smile on Moira's face, a very human gesture. But...it was nice to meet an organic who understood ascension. To be processed was a gift, for one transcended organic limitations and achieved perfection, freed of organic constraints. The fact that most organics did not realise this was besides the point.

"Indeed, it is a worthy goal. To move the limitations a human still has and get closer to perfection. Just as space was conquered by Technology and ingenuity, as medical advancements has rendered many diseases harmless," she spoke warmly. She nodded as Maelion delivered her presentation, it had been prearranged and she was content with her outlining the conditions. "Yes, the company is running, with your assistance in providing the aforementioned devices we will be able to move forward and achieve advances, expanding our facilities and manufacturing. Tech is required to clone the skin tissue and hair. Both Ms Comnena and I have spent a long time and effort researching droid technology and HRDs. Perhaps given time we could even look into applications of entechment"

Alli thought about it and couldn't see a bad side. " I will take this deal but said HRD has to inspected, I don't leave anything to chance, we both know that a company hides it's secrets, I could hit a switch and all droids made by me are useless so when I take an assistant that could kill me. I don't do so very lightly. so if you can deal with that, then sure lets do this. I will also hope to work with you on some entechment, as I believe you have great plans, and your HRD's are perfect. So Lets sign shall we? " Alli presented a datapad, that she had already electronically signed. "This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
@Tegaea Alcori
@Siobhan Kerrigan

"Of course. A reasonable policy," Moira nodded at that. The connection with Baktoid would be very useful...for now, while they expanded and grew. A long time would pass before the Age of Steel would begin. The CEO wanting to make sure their gift was 'loyal' was expected. She flashed Alli a seemingly very human smile as she presented the datapad, then signed herself. She was well shielded enough to avoid detection.

"Indeed it is. We look forward to working with you in the future and...achieving great technological breakthroughs, Ms Wren. Here is to a beautiful partnership," she said warmly. Great breakthroughs indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom