Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Outfit
7865-cool-symbols.jpg
[SIZE=12pt]Out of Character Information:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Intent: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]To create a criminal cartel to act as a villain for personal and group storylines.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Image credit: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]ForAllWorld Wallpapers via. www.forallworld.com [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Role: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Criminal organization, mafia, cartel[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Links: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]N/A[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]General Information:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Group Name: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The actual name of this group is unknown, but it is referred by those who know of its existence as The Outfit and has sometimes referred to as The Syndicate in the past.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Classification: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Crime Organization[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Headquarters: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Currently Unknown[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Loyalties: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Itself[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Group Sigil: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Pictured above[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Description: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The Outfit, as it is most commonly known, is a multi-world spanning criminal cartel. Though it is believed to have some ties to the Hutt Clans and has been known to operate on Nar Shadda, it does not seem to owe any particular group or faction allegiance. Outfit operations have been encountered on Lorrd, Nar Shadda, Trandosha, Alaris Prime, Denon and Durkteel. The Outfit does not seem to confine its membership to any particular species or gender. Humans, Twi’leks and T’surr have all been seen as members of The Outfit. The Outfit has engaged in numerous types of criminal [/SIZE]behavior[SIZE=12pt] including racketeering, smuggling, money laundering, gambling, spice cultivation and distribution and slave trading. Beyond this, little is known about the make-up, location or disposition of this organization as secrecy is valued above all else.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Social Information:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Hierarchy: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Like most things about this organization its hierarchy, and how it operates, is a close held secret. What has been observed however is that operations are usually placed under the command of a ‘Lieutenant’ or ‘Boss.’ This individual has likely been with the organization for a long time and has a proven track record of getting results. There seems to be no restriction on race, gender or skillset on who becomes a ‘Lieutenant’ short of being able to get the job done. It is likely that there are higher powers to which these ‘Lieutenants’ answer, but for the moment the exact nature of said power remains unknown.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Membership: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Little is known about how beings are recruited or others become members of The Outfit. One common trait amongst all encountered Outfit operatives is complete refusal to discuss The Outfit, even to save one’s own life. How this loyalty is garnered remains unknown, though it is likely a mixture of intimidation and bribery. Beyond this, the Outfit’s membership does not seem to be concentrated to any one racial group, gender or skillset. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dogma/Doctrines: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Though much remains unknown about this organization, two tenets continuously seem to be held throughout the organization. Those are: get the job done, and keep your mouth shut.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Curios: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]In keeping with the groups’ apparent interest in remaining secret, members are do not appear to keep any particular marking or other identifying feature on their bodies or person. The sigil (depicted above) is rarely displayed in any medium and its significance is, as yet, undetermined.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Goals: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]The main goal of The Outfit, as seen by the various operations in which it has been encountered, seems to be making profit by any means necessary and keeping the organization as secret as possible while doing so.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Known Members:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Ryango Feyyr – T’surr ‘Lieutenant’ who was charge of delivering credit shipments to Obsidian Star Technologies on Denon, prior to Beltran Rarr’s taking over of the company. Is known to have conducted operations on Lorrd at some point in the past. Current status and whereabouts are unknown.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Historical Information:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Little is known about The Outfit, including how it came to be. Some of its earliest known operations seem to have occurred on Lorrd, but it does not appear to have originated on that world. The tracking of certain known Outfit accounts show that much of its business seems to occur in and around Hutt space. Whether this is just happenstance, or the indication of close ties with the Hutts is, as yet, unknown. Other Outfit operations have been encountered on Denon, Alaris Prime, Trandosha and Durkteel.[/SIZE]

[member="Beltran Rarr"]

So, one major thing that needs addressed. You can have stuff be unknown IC, but for this OOC submission, that won't fly. Please elaborate on their headquarters, dogma/doctrines, etc. You can add notes in that these things are secret in each section as you fill it out.

Taeli Raaf said:
[member="Beltran Rarr"]

So, one major thing that needs addressed. You can have stuff be unknown IC, but for this OOC submission, that won't fly. Please elaborate on their headquarters, dogma/doctrines, etc. You can add notes in that these things are secret in each section as you fill it out.
Forgive me, I was under the impression that NPC creation was completely optional and as such I find it a little confusing as to why there would be such a stringent need for things to be so fleshed out.

I mean I can understand the need for it in factory submissions, and even in location or species submissions but I don't see why NPC's would need to be held to the same standard since I could just write it in threads however I wanted anyway without making this submission at all.

I plan to be using The Outfit as the villain in a series of upcoming threads and I just wanted there to be an easy to find reference for the players about what is known so far about them (at this point, next to nothing). The reason I've left things so deliberately vague is because, honestly, I haven't come up with all the answers yet. As a writer I've found it much more dynamic and interesting to make those kinds of decisions as the story progresses.

I don't mean to give you a hard time, I am just genuinely confused.

At any rate, if this submission is not up to accepted spec then I am happy for you to move it to archives or whatever you do with subs that are rejected or otherwise abandoned. Honestly, it'll perform the exact same function there that I intended it to do in the approved folder.

Barring that, I can always just create a google doc or something so the players could follow along as we learn more about The Outfit.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Beltran Rarr"]

Codex is optional, but when submissions are, well, submitted, we want to see all the information about them. Stating something is unknown IC is all well and good, but for OOC purposes, all the information needs to be there. As you say, it is so others can have an easy reference towards what a specific NPC/organization/species can do/not do, what locations have defenses or are special in someway, where something is located even if that is secret IC, etc.

But if you do not want to expand on the vaguely explained fields, I can archive/deny this submission yes. That is up to you.

Okay, fair enough. At this point it probably makes the most sense to archive the submission. Once I have it more fleshed out, I can always come back to it. Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me. I appreciate it. :)

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom