Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Oil Pit. (Spacers Guild)

Scene
The planet known as Sump had been quiet since the years when it was used as a mining hub around 1000BBY. Even now many avoided it because of its toxic marshes and simply because it was an ugly, underdeveloped rock.
The locals were a species known as the
Nuknog. Much like the planet they weren't much to look at. Simple creatures with small brains and short tempers.

The HT-2200 descended towards the planet just breaking into its atmosphere. The ship zoomed over the toxic marshes, a sight not seen by the natives in a long while.

Character
Porl's eyes scanned the horizon, then darted back to his console in his freighter. "It's meant to be here somewhere." The pilot said as he flicked through some old pages he had found at some backwater cantina. It spoke of an old mining fort located on the planet Sump. He had checked multiple data bases but couldn't find much about the planet. Only that it was once used for mining.

"Check the co-ordinates again." He said to himself as he pulled a screen over to look at. -25.937537 134.275937. Appeared on the screen, he checked the book and it was coming up close to it. "Maybe I gotta go lower." Porl pushed the levers down and the ship sunk through the skies hover above the specified location. Then he saw it, sticking out of the walls of an ancient mine. The fort was the same colour as the mine, a deep tan. For those not knowing what to look for it would be impossible to find, but seeing it now he could make out the smooth rounded, yet cracked main structure. He flew his ship over towards what seemed to be a landing pat.

The planet hadn't been kind of it. What would have once been a reinforced steel structure looked more like the remains of an ancient skeleton. A pad just large enough for his ship stuck out from the earth. Large spines of twisted metal stuck out from the ground around it, left overs from the rest of the pad.
"This'll need some work." He said to himself as he began to gear up.

Porl wore rustic armour consisting or large plates of metal with spikes sticking out of it. At his hip swung a vibro mace and he held a heavy repeater easily in his right hand. The door slowly open and he left his ship. Already the winds picked up the air from the toxic marshes and blew against his skin and irritated it. From the corners of his eyes Porl saw the natives scurrying around, they wielded improvised weapons but he did see some old blasters around.

Porl made his way into the base of the fort through a decaying wall and gate. It was a decent sized area, roughly the 100meters round. He caught sight of a pit where perhaps digging began but was given up on. The pit was about 15meters in diameter.

The Elancon made his way inside the fort, using all his body weight to force the solid door open. He was greeted with a large open space with stairs either side presumably leading into the guts of the fort. Porl trudged on, seeing a small console at the end of the open room. With a flick of a few switches he hear some generators roar to life, illuminating the room. From what he could make out he was in some kind of sleeping or social area of the fort. As he made his way up the stairs he found himself in once again another large area. This was a large empty hall. some rooms were sticking out from the hall but nothing interesting that caught his eyes.

The top floors were something different. It must have been were the beings that owned the mine sat. There was a large office area, it house a big heavy set desk with wheely chair. Rooms shot off each side of the office, each one seemed to be some kind of sleep quarters. "This place as potential." Porl said to himself as he pulled out a device and began to transmit his co-ordinates to the Spacers Guild along with the message: Possible Base. Look for my ship.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside the fort many of the natives began to gather, each brandishing a weapon of their own. It had been passed down from generation to generation that the last time creatures came from space and age of suffering was inflicted upon the Nuknog people. They wouldn't let that happen again.

Orron Typho

O
Possible Base. Look for my ship.

Typho was glad he was in the area. While Sump was possibly the most backwater planet this side of the Outer Rim, the transmission that had appeared on his screen from one of the Spacer Guild channels was a chance for him to set his ship down and think of a way to get into the Eternal Empire. His client had asked for speed and quiet in transporting weapons from Bespin to the hands of rebels on Bakura. It was a ludicrous job, but Typho was known for those and he sure needed the money. Speed and quiet could wait. The idiots on Bespin were giving away these guns pro bono anyway.

He brought the Salty Corellian down to the specified coordinates. As he expected, Porl Berlmat Porl Berlmat 's ship was there. He awkwardly landed his freighter on the rough ground next to fort, since Porl's ship took up what was left of the building's landing pad. Before departing he jumped down into the hull to check his cargo. Undamaged, thankfully. He hit the release button on the ship's ramp and was less than warmly greeted by five of the natives. Short, purple aliens with spears. "Great. Look fellas, I don't know if you get basic, but you're too close to my ship. With your spears. So get away." He said with a scowl on his face. The Nuknogs looked puzzled. Typho figured they hadn't understood him. Exactly what he like. He whipped a pistol from his belt and fired a shot over their heads.

The Nuknogs began to scatter. Through the toxic, dusty air he could see more approaching from over a nearby ridge. It wasn't his first time dealing with dense creatures like these, and he knew they would regroup and bring back more spears. He stepped off the ship's ramp and closed it before jogging towards the fort. He quickly opened the door, and just as quickly closed it as a couple of Nuknogs approached. He hit the lock on the door panel and turned around.

The inside of the fort brought back fond memories of exploring the old Imperial ruins back home on Scarif. He doubted these were of the same origin, but he was excited to explore them nonetheless.

"Porl?! Porl Berlmat?! I got your message, I'm with the Spacers!" He called out into the darkness for the man that had called him here as he fumbled for his flashlight off his belt...

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
Porl Berlmat Porl Berlmat Orron Typho

The Infinity's Free was half a light-year away, loading an unruly free-range cargo, and Jerec had the time. The loading was mostly the client's problem.

His shuttle touched down by the two freighters, but he held off on deactivating the ship. The cockpit canopy offered a great view of a gunfighter type hassling, or being hassled by, some poorly armed Nuknogs. This was the place, alright totally abandoned. Maybe they saw offworlders' arrival as a threat. Lots of folks did.

Jerec groaned deeply and headed for the anterior cargo hold, which currently held, among other things, ten kilos of real smooth mild giggledust. He grabbed the camtono and went down the ramp.

<Hey!> he called in broken Nuknog. <Friends! Gifts! Friends! Happy!>

Nuknog
Somewhat skitishly the locals walked towards Jerec. It was a group of about four of them, more huddle in the background after watching the warning shots that had taken place moments before. They moved in and attempted to snatch the package off Jerec. Should they manage to snatch it they would fight between themselves in an attempt to open it. IF they do not manage to snatch the camtono then they would stand by on guard and await Jerec's next move.

Porl Berlmat
Porl first heard the ship fly over ahead. A smirk crossed his face. "So they got my message." He began a light jog down the numerous steps that littered the place. Elevators are a must. He thought to himself as he wound his way down to the place where the voice originated from.

Porl took in the man standing before him. Already he could tell what kind of man he was. Someone who was more than handy with that blaster that hung at his side. "Just you is it?" Porl asked with a little more bluntly than he had intended. He spread his arms out wide and looked around the dully lit entrance. "So whatta ya think?" He continued pacing forwards towards Orron, stopping a few steps in front of him. "Names Porl." Porl threw out his hand for a hand shake.

Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Orron Typho

Jerec unclasped the camtono's latch and stepped back hastily as the Nuknogs ripped it out of his hands. "Hey, careful, you don't want to take..."

A Nuknog poured a handful of sparkling giggledust down its bulbous leatherbeak and threw more in the air. An alien shriek of jubilation echoed off distant hills.

"...too much at once."

You couldn't exactly overdose on giggledust, but you could sure get wired enough to do something stupid. On the plus side, nobody seemed to be pointing weapons at him anymore.

<Little bit, little bit,> he said in extremely broken Nuknog.<You keep dust, friends keep house?> The alien syllables came out painfully. He pointed at the abandoned base where Porl Berlmat Porl Berlmat had touched down.

Orron Typho

O
"It's certainly got the potential, and I'm not the only one who's come to see it. I only caught a glimpse of it, but I'm pretty sure the Infinity's Free touched down as the Nuknogs were chasing me in. If I'm right, Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr is here and I'm excited to meet him if he doesn't get speared."

Typho figured Jerec could handle himself. You don't live long enough to accrue a bounty like his without being smart. The man was smart enough to bring together the Spacer's Guild, and it would be ironic if he bit the dust while finding us a hideout.

"One sec..." he said turning from Porl Berlmat Porl Berlmat back to the door. He opened the door just a crack, enough that he could see the man outside handling the Nuknogs well enough that he wasn't on the end of their spears. "Ye.. yeah I think he's fine. Oh... I'm Orron Typho by the way, though its usually just Typho."

Nuknogs
Giggledust. The stuff worked wonders. The spice blew through the air glisining slightly as the suns rays caught it. The Nugnoks began laughing hysterically. At what? Who knows. But what ever it was it was the funniest thing they had ever heard or seen. More rushed over to the source of the drug and began to scoop it up into their beaks. In their dazed state of course they agreed to Jerec proposal. Why not? aslong as this giggledust stuff was around.

Character
"Orron Typho." Porl repeated to himself forcing it to his memory. "It's a pleasure." Porl proceeded towards the door that Typho was standing near and pushed them wide open, once again feeling the toxic air against his skin. "She might not be the prettyest place, but with a bit of word she'll come good." He said as he began to walk towards the scene unfolding infront of Jerec. "I reckon the landing pad will be the first thing to fix up."

Porl stood a few steps away from Jerec and threw out his hand. "Names Porl." He said to Jerec. "As I was just tellin' our friend Typho. She not the best looking fort, but with some work it'll do everything we want."

Porl's eyes moved towards the Nuknogs who seemed to be having the best time of thier lives.
"What's gotten into the locals?"

Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Orron Typho

Bok Bwi'kan

Just Your Average Trader Joe
Bok was taken aback by a message that came through the spacers guild network of coms, he had to reread it a few times over just to make sure the message and coordinates were right. "Hmmm Sump sounds lovely this time of the year, wonder if the natives are in a good mood or bad mood" Joking to himself Bok quickly took the quickest route to Sump, trying his best to avoid any run ins with any of the lawful types. Slowly starting to break into atmosphere with the his modified YT-2400 light freighter "Not a bad sought these natives, good for slave trade, but painful to deal with, I hope they don't start trying to stick the ship, wouldn't be the first time it's happened, though" Bok said to himself as he tried to find a reasonable spot to land.

Just managing to squeeze his ship into a rather tight fit, maybe hearing some light scratches and cranks on the way down, but nothing to damaging to his ship or to any of the others the Stryder manages to plonk itself down upon its trusty landing rather rustic landing gear. Gathering a few items before he would leave his ship the bothan put on his trust trench coat and then slid in his blaster pistol down one of the many illusive pockets the coat has, patting it lightly he then grabbed a small packet of cigarra's. Proceeding to take one of the Ciggara's out of the packet and place it on the cusp of his lips he lit it and began to smoke it slowly. Pulling the cigarra away from his mouth and blowing a small puff of smoke in the direction of the opening cargo door he would place the rest of the packet in one of his top outer pockets on his coat.

Leaving the ship he had quickly picked up something unusual nearby seeing the locals having a rather enjoyable time with giggledust laughing to himself. Quickly noticing a few larger the life figures standing near the structure Bok slowly approached them from the side, appearing to still be wary of them, but not trying to appear threatening "Howdy there folks!" he said in a husky loud voice slightly giving off a waving gesture as he puffed his cigarra.

Porl Berlmat Porl Berlmat Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Orron Typho

Porl Berlmat Porl Berlmat Orron Typho Bok Bwi'kan Bok Bwi'kan

"What got into'em? About a camtono of giggledust. Non-addictive, pretty much just edible snortable laughing gas. I swapped it for a promise to let us use this place as long as we don't step on their toes. And yeah, sure, drugging the locals is unethical, but so is getting poked with spears, so...

"And also hi, I'm Jerec Asyr. Prospector, smuggler, ship modder, and purveyor of fine used craft."

He handed out holo business cards that said Quekko's Choice Ship Emporium.

"You ever need a quality pre-owned starship, give me a call and I'll hook you up."

A Nuknog ate one of the cards.

Orron Typho

O
"Nice to finally meet you Jerec. You're somewhat of a legend 'round these parts," He said taking a business card from the man and looking it over. He'd need a new vessel soon enough.

He turned to see the fourth spacer approach, this time a Bothan.

"Hey. This place has already get a pull to it. Soon enough we'll be pulling all the best spacers in the galaxy. Willing to take us on a tour Porl?"

Porl Berlmat Porl Berlmat | Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr | Bok Bwi'kan Bok Bwi'kan

This had been quite the turn out for the small planet of Sump. Porl looked to the new Bothan as he approached and offer a nod his way. "Names Porl, nice to meet ya." His gazes then turned to Jerec. Porl waked towards Jerec and slumped his rather large arm aross his shoulders. "So boss, whatdaya think of the place so far?" Porl asked without realising that he hadn't been inside yet.

"I reckon shes got potential. I can already see ships cooming and going. All kinds of wares being sold down here. Maybe a small areana over there, who knows?" Porl had a dream like gaze about him as he swept his arm in front of the fortress.

"I mean a bit of elbow greese is gonna be needed, but that's what the locals are for." Porl said as he look at the creatures all rather enjoying the giggledust.

Orron Typho Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Bok Bwi'kan Bok Bwi'kan

Porl Berlmat Porl Berlmat Orron Typho Bok Bwi'kan Bok Bwi'kan

"Long as we pay'em," Jerec said. He shrugged. "They're dumb, but I've met dumber. Remind me to tell you about my second set of in-laws."

Truth be told, Porl had legitimate vision and this place could get big. Jerec chewed on that. Sump, of all places. Dang.

"Good to meet you too," he said to Typho. "You got a name, gunslinger? Which ship you come in, this one here?"

Orron Typho

O
"Yessir," he said pointing to the rusting hunk'o'junk that was his ship out the doorway. "Typho's the name. I reckon that finding the coin isn't much of an issue. For those natives or for the repairs. What might be a little tougher is getting people out here to this... backwater. It does come off as a good, secluded base though, if you ask me." The really shouldn't ask him. He had no idea about bases. He was really just trying to be helpful, and of course blow off some steam before setting foot in the Empire.

Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Bok Bwi'kan Bok Bwi'kan Porl Berlmat Porl Berlmat

Bok Bwi'kan

Just Your Average Trader Joe
Bok took the card which Jerec had giving at him looking it over before placing it within one of the coat's many pockets, slowly inhaling the cigarra before pulling it out and away from his mouth down to his side and letting a large cloud of smoke puff out of his mouth. Stepping closer and closer Bok overheard the discussion and politely responded to all of the beings involved "Bok's the name by the way, didn't want to interrupt you" Taking a few moments to himself still smoking his cigarra a small distance away from the group looking towards the rather backwater and rural villager still listening to the idea of Porl. "If you need more natives for the work I can get that job done rather quick" Boks eyes scanned the village then went back towards the grew. Producing a rather sly smile the Bothan eventually tilted his head left then right, cracking it twice and starting to stretch a bit. "That's if you want the help with anything, if not I can always work guard duties, besides either job will keep me on planet and away from prying eyes." shrugging Bok patiently waited still enjoying his cigarra.

Porl Berlmat Porl Berlmat Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Orron Typho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom