Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Night of Departure (Solo)

Continuation from here!
27 hours after
here!

Everything had gone wrong on Mygeeto.

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei was well and truly gone and Caden couldn't stop it. Caden couldn't help Okkeus, couldn't save the man from his fall, he couldn't do anything. He didn't even know why he thought he'd be able to help, why he didn't just go and get Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser and get Damian to help. He was sure, in hindsight, that the man would have helped.

Okkeus had fallen to the darkside of the force and Caden had lead a mission to stop it. He had no right to be leading anything, he was nothing but some stupid Padawan with no right to even remotely serve in the Order. He had lead some stupid quest with two people who were stupid enough to just follow him at a moments notice.

Now one of them was nearly dead, and it was Caden's fault. Now one of them was lying on the bed in front of him, completely comatose with no response at all. One of those who had chosen to blindly follow him to Mygeeto with no adult supervision had nearly gotten killed and Caden was blaming himself, because it was his fault.

Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion was his best friend and now he was nearly dead and it was all Caden's fault.

A tear fell from the eye of the boy as he replayed the moments again. The anger as he spoke to Okkeus, the glass shattering in the distance. Okkeus throwing the Corellian Jedi Credit down and storming out. Mathieu finding Caden on the ground, Caden approaching Centin and asking for his help.

Mygeeto, the memories of Mygeeto would stay with him. The day he truly lost Okkeus to the darkside of the force. They would haunt him forever, the day he truly let his best friend be consumed because he was too weak and too stupid to stop it. The day everything went wrong because he just wasn't good enough.

He wasn't good enough to help Okkeus, he wasn't at all good enough to help anyone. Why did he even think he had the right to help anyone? Why did he think he was so special? Was it all just because he had some mythical power that granted him some super human abilities that he didn't even want?

He wasn't a Jedi, he had forfeited that title at the moment Mathieu had fallen and Okkeus had been lost.

The young boy let another tear fall from his eye as he squeezed the hand of his best friend. Again, there was no response. He was kidding himself, trying to make himself believe that the boy would wake up and he wouldn't and again it was Caden's fault. Every stupid little thing was Caden's fault and honestly he agreed.

His fingers let the hand of Mathieu go and closed around a pen instead.

The note he left was meaningful, it was also just him getting his thoughts onto a sheet of paper. Every word of it was true, every single word that Caden wrote that night was true. The note itself was left on the bedside table next to the hospital bed that Mathieu was recovering in, the bed that Caden was responsible for getting occupied.

Mathieu.

By the time you read this, I'll already be gone. I'm sorry, I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for leading you to Mygeeto, I'm sorry for getting you hurt. I'm sorry that you trusted me and all that came of it was this, you lying in a hospital bed. I've tried to get you to answer me and you won't, you won't even open your eyes Mathieu and it's my fault. All I wanted to do was say goodbye to my best friend and because I messed up I can't even do that.

I hope, in time, you forget me and you forget the pain I caused you.

I never should have made you trust me, because all I did was get you hurt. Okkeus was too strong, I should have known that but instead I decided to try and fight him. Was I an idiot? Who knows, all I know is that if I was in sound mind I wouldn't have even tried to fight him. He was too far gone, I should have just accepted that but I didn't. I thought I could save him. Why did I think I could save him?

I lost my best friend Mathieu, and I got you hurt. I don't deserve to wear the name Jedi, I don't deserve to serve the order anymore. So I'm not going to, I'm going away. I'm going before I hurt you even more, or I get Centin hurt or I get Okkeus hurt. I'm going away so that I don't hurt Kyra or anyone else I call a friend. I have to do this so that no-one else realizes how much of a danger I am.

I've left an apology in your bank account, a few thousand from my families fund should help. My apartment in the temple is yours, treat it well.

Caden

Caden had fled the hospital room without even making a sound. He had a map in his mind of places he wanted to visit before he left the temple, before he went away. All of them were special to him in some way, all of them meant something to him. They were places where he had grown.

His own quarters, the place he had moved into when he and Okkeus had transferred to Commenor. That was a distant memory, it felt like a lifetime ago even though it wasn't. Okkeus' quarters, the place where everything had gone so wrong. The glass was still shattered in the corner of the room.

The classrooms was his final stop, the room he had spent so much of his childhood in. He had truly begun to learn about the force in the many classrooms on Kashyyyk, but he and Okkeus had used those on Commenor more than once. They were truly where his understanding of the force had come from.

His final stop was to collect his droid, then he boarded his ship and was gone without anyone noticing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom