Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Next World [SSC v. Matsu Xiangu]

Objective: Repel [member="Matsu Xiangu"]
Allies In The Surrounding Area: All SSC welcome to interact/intercept

An explosion in the distance seemed to bellow upwards; like Hell had spat something out – hopefully Matsu – and it engulfed the trees in the distance with black smoke. Connor ducked instinctively, and slowly stood looking over towards the carnage. It was a disaster.

He hobbled forward, in the eerie quiet outside a sector of the city that was seemingly untouched by these un-dead groupies. Looking down at his com, he shook it, holding it to his ear, unable to decipher it was transmitting or not. It certainly wasn’t receiving anything.

”All Silver Sanctum; status update.”

He tutted gently, shook it and held it up again.

”Outside city walls – anyone receiving? Status update.”

Lowering the com, he rolled his tongue around his mouth, and winced as the hole in his leg stung. Looking down at it, he shook his head and then continued on, away from the explosion to the direction he had been heading before, towards the sector near the Citadel. Above, the roar of a cluster of ships passed by – was the cavalry here in time, or were they too late?

Allies: [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Joza Perl"] | [member="Aldera Antilles"] | [member="Dune Rhur"] | [member="Zayen"] | [member="Jenson Koraz"]
Enemies: Horde plus big fat ugly looking thing.

As George had positioned himself on the back of the beast ready to strike another member had pounced. George was slightly off balance as he made it to his destination, however Jenson, he was not. Quick as a flash he was up the beast and before George knew it, Jenson had plunged his own blade into the soft orange flesh of the beast. However as he did that the beast shook, both in pain and in an attempt to rid himself of the attackers on his back. At this stage George was already off balance so this sent him flying off the back of the beast. Into the horde below, well those who hadn't been swallowed up by the massive crack emerging through the centre of the bridge. However this fall had been good luck for him as the orange goo had also been quite hot, as it shot from the beast back the heat of it was felt by George as he fell.

As George approached the ground he saw a bad situation arising. He was falling into the horde, right in the middle, unprepared. He controlled his descent before shooting down into the ground creating his own wave of force. Clearing a small area of the bridge of the undead. This didn't exactly kill too many, only those who had fallen to their second death. But many got back up and honed in on George. He retrieved his lightsabres again, knowing he would have to fight himself back to the beast, who now stood between himself and the city. Sort of like a rock and a hard place. He began decapitating the undead, knowing striking anywhere else would be useless. They fell, motionless to the ground like they had done all day. But they still seemed to be hundreds of them pouring over the bridge and into the hole. George knew he was in for a big fight.

Allies: [member="Matsu Xiangu"]
Enemies: Anyone in my way
Objective: Leave.

The illusion led him quickly through the dark and muddy jungle, the deformed creatures once his enemy now strayed away from him as if they knew better than to try to stop him now. Was it because the tiny little girl? Was the freakish little terror that kept them at bay? If so, the creator was proving herself more and more magnificent to his eyes. The warrior's darken more and more with every step he took to the woman, the maker of havoc. "Soon....Asha....My daughter." The warrior thought to himself. "I will find the key....To unlock the power to save you and destroy everything that stands in my way." As the warrior closed the distance between him and the creator, he could feel her presence and the presence of others. His rock fist clenched. He looked at the powerful shaded cloud of surging lightning. There were more beings with such might but as of now they were of no consequence for now. The warrior walked quietly to her presence, as he did flurries the lightning within the cloud flared but were deflected by a energy barrier he made around his own being making the dangerous obstacle as if a casually walk.

Rather his focused was a little being that laid blood soaked on the ground her arms mangled and face barely recognizable from when he had first noticed her. Pathetic just like he was. Even someone like her was bested in battle, a lesson he would learn from her. “I need a ship. I believe you’re the reason I don’t have one.” Her voice called to him through the power of telepathy. If Jericho was the type of man to argue about these type of matters. He would say that the ship just blew up the moment he took a step in but it was a matter for a time later in the future though highly unlikely. The warrior took a knee down to the crippled woman and picked her up without a word there was no time to waste. She was a woman too valuable to allow to be imprisoned or the more likely case in his matter, to die. Like a babe, he kept her up with one arm and healing the lighter and open wounds with his other to keep her from bleed out before moving to the city to his personal ship.

With his body empowered with the force it did not take long to get back to his personal ship and flee the planet.

Allies: [member="Connor Harrison"], [member="George O Rourke"], Silver Sanctum
Enemies: Remaining Undead
Objective: Neutralize rock monster

When the orange sludge burst from the creature's wound, Jenson cried out in pain as it cascaded, burning, over him. However he was nto to be driven back this time. His cry of pain became a roar of challenge.

"This ends now!" he yelled as his dodged the creature's hands groping for him. Jenson jumped around the monster like a man possessed, leaping from foothold to foothold until finally he reached the creature's shoulder. The creature turned its head every so slightly to look at him with glowing dead eyes. Jenson stood before it, his blade blazing, robes covered in monster sludge, his eyes painting a look of stalwart defiance on his face. For once since the pirates, Jenson forgot his composure, forgot his peace. He was no longer a Silver Jedi, just a man fighting for his life.

"I'll see you in ****!" he screamed, Force-speeding forward to plunge his shimmering blue blade deep into the creature's eye. The monster roared and tried to wipe him off, but Jenson was nowhere close to finished. Crying out with every blow, he struck again and again, bashing his way into the creature's rotting eye socket. Then, finally, with a Force-assisted cry that could be heard for miles, he plunged the saber into the creature's brain. Finally, its roars ceased. Jenson back-flipped off as the creature fell with a crash that shook the ground and lay still.

"This is Koraz," Jenson said, breathing heavily as the soldiers and other Jedi finished off the remaining undead, "Situation normal, tangos neutralized."

[member="Matsu Xiangu"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

“Less than you I bet,” Myr replied smugly. “Here’s the deal, you stay quiet and do what the doctors say, and you can stroke my lekku. Deal?” she asked.
It was clear she used this deal on Nantaris a lot…and evidently it worked!

Into the sky they flew, eventually joining a convoy taking Nantaris back to the Coalition fleet. There they could recover and heal away from zombies. They had done their part though, the zombie master was…if not dead…then at least disabled.

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Still struggling to log-in on a regular basis - thanks for bearing with me :)

Sorel didn’t have time to reflect on the droid’s question before she was obliged to act on its advice. Ducking as she was instructed, she narrowly avoided her hair being grabbed and what would have ensued — being pulled backwards out of the booth.

And lowering her head served a secondary purpose, she avoided the blaster bolts the droid let loose on the unsuspecting zombies.

"Czerka built you specially to get around local laws banning assassin droids. " Sorel was gritting her teeth now. "Those flip shields over your eyes — that's a combat modification. I suspect when you were delivered you had a restraining bolt on you, but fortunately it’s been removed.”

She scanned the droid. Weapons slots were evident on its forearms — no doubt concealing an augmented laser array for both limbs. A second later the control booth came alive with blasterfire again. The Sith-zombie-things recoiled, spun backward, pitched, and pivoted off their feet by what appeared to be a nonstop fusillade of hot plasma. Somewhere to the left, Sorel ducked once more as the HK completed a full circle, laying down a line of fire so fast and dense that it seemed to create a single ballistic wave. He jerked his head back as a laser bolt ricocheted off the wall, then bounced past him in the opposite direction.

"Stand aside," the droid said, having apparently abandoned its customary method of speech along with its former programming.

"What..."

Its left leg rotated outward to reveal a wide barrelled object extruded from the port. A massive jet of blue flame roared straight across the room, igniting several of the Sith-zombie-things, and they staggered, blazing, screaming as the flamethrower erupted a second time.

Through the sea of burning corpses, Sorel could see a clear corridor to the exit at the back of the simulator. One of the Sith-zombie-things was slashing its way toward her, jaw sagging hideously, its face on fire. Sorel raised her saber and activated it, ramming it as hard as she could into its wide-open mouth.

Jerking the saber back, she glanced in the opposite direction.

"Where are you going?" the droid asked.

"Back to my ship." Sorel was already halfway across the floor. She turned and looked back at the droid. "You staying here?"

[member="Matsu Xiangu"]

Sorel Crieff

"Here? With them?" The HK didn't hesitate. It followed the Jedi down through the simulation chamber, out and into the rain and gloom.

"There's one," Sorel said, "behind that wall. See him?"

The HK pivoted unhesitatingly, firing two quick blasts at the open-mouthed Sith-thing as it stalked around the corner in front of them, arms thrown open. It went down screaming.

"Your turn," the HK replied. "To your left."

The Jedi turned and activated her twin sabers An instant later, a zombie lunged out, the golden beams embedding in its chest, but it still roared toward them, arms slashing until the droid fired a bolt into its head, the skull disintegrating.

"Nicely done," the droid said. "But it was still coming."

With a grunt, Sorel noted her sabers were still embedded in its ribs and quite literally holding it upright. Lifting the thing completely off its feet, she wrenched it around sideways and hammered it into the stone wall alongside them. The tip of the blades twisted loose, and it slid to the floor in two pieces.

“Now it’s dead.”

“Agreed.”

"What happened to agreed, ma’am?”

The droid gazed at her. "Look out behind you," it said dryly. "Sir."

Sorel looked back at the side of the structure where she'd just ripped the Sith thing asunder. The ground began to tremble. She saw a flash of motion inside the half-open hatchway, something big, and heard a scream — in fact a great torrent of gargling screeches. It didn't sound like the ones that she'd heard before. But the smell was hideously familiar.

"Watch out," she said. "This is gonna be bad."

The first undead tauntaun came charging out, smashing the door of the hatchway completely out of its housing with the bulk of its body. From here Sorel could see that half its thoracic cavity was ripped away, the remains of its internal organs flapping from its ribs. A large section of its head was gone as well, but it was still screaming as it flung itself toward them. Its eyes were clouded and pinkish, like milk mixed with blood.

"Burn it?” Sorel suggested.

The droid's flamethrower roared across the open ground, and Sorel saw the creature’s oily pelt come alive with flames. Howling, the thing spun around, trampling furiously, rolling, trying to extinguish the fire, and the HK fired into it, blasting its carcass to shreds.

"You have anything bigger than a laser?" Sorel asked.

"Mortar rounds. Why?"

Sorel gave a nod back at the open paddock. The herd of infected tauntauns was already thundering out, half a dozen or more, all producing that same indefinable shrieking noise. The front-runner had a gaping hole in its flank, the ragged edges of the wound quivering as it galloped so that the hole slapped open and shut like a second, stammering mouth. Something was wrong with its upper torso...

Sorel could see a heavy shape writhing around inside the creature’s belly.

She slammed her saber into it, and the thing burst open in a thick welter of fluid. From inside, the blood-soaked form of a zombie came spilling out. The Sith-thing stood up grinning from inside its sticky web of blood, shook its head from side to side violently, and screamed.

Sorel impaled the zombie, ramming its body back into the creature’s carcass and pinning it against the thing's spinal column. She looked back at the droid. "They're hiding inside the tauntauns," she shouted. "They—“

The hard metal of the HK's arm swung back and shoved her over, forcefully enough to knock her down in the muddy ground, just as a slick bullet of bloody spit flew out of the infected tauntaun's mouth. Another centimetre to the right and it would have hit Sorel directly in her open eye; as it was, the gobbet of mucus stuck to the side of her head and clung there. Looking up, Sorel saw the animal's gore-soaked muzzle puckering, summoning up another mouthful. She still had no idea how the disease was spread and wasn’t going to take any chances.

"They're notorious for their aim," the droid said.

"Thanks."

“You’re welcome ma’am. And I suggest another plan. "

"They're faster than us." Sorel saw the other undead tauntauns behind the one she'd gutted, their hollowed-out chests and underbellies swelling and bulging with the zombies students hiding inside. Already she could imagine what it would be like, the creatures pounding up behind her at fifty kilometers per hour, only to eject their flesh-starved passengers on top of her. "Any ideas?"

"Only one," the droid said.

It was already taking aim. An instant later the HK's mortar round flew directly into the centre of the herd. At close range, its twenty-meter blast radius was a sight to behold, even to Sorel, who had seen the end result of such weapons many times before. She shielded her eyes as chunks and fragments of cold tauntaun fat, human flesh, and bone came raining down on top of them.

"Is there anything else we can kill?" the droid asked, totally deadpan.

"Ourselves, if we don't move."

Sorel Crieff

The HK turned to regard the landscape where they stood. Something inside its processor made a low, steady whirring noise, as if it was processing the recent developments, or experiencing a memory. When it spoke again, its voice was unhurried, almost introspective. "Have I told you how much I hate the Sith for enslaving me here for so long?"

"Only about twenty times." Sorel stepped around the still-twitching tauntaun hindquarters. She sighed. "Let's go. "

They turned and started walking. Her robes were wet and dirty from the mud, and clung to the side of her head in thickly plastered strands that made her flesh both clammy and numb. She was exhausted and distracted and more than ready to get out of here.

Arriving at her ship, Sorel saw something that stopped her cold. There was a second ship - one that she didn't recognise - crashed forty or so meters away from her own, its nosecone crumpled, half embedded in the snow.

"According to my scanners, there are no life-forms on board," the droid said. "But—“

"Let me guess." Sorel lifted her saber. "You're picking up a positive reading in my ship."

"How did you know?"

Sorel pointed at the tracks leading across the mud in front of them, from one crashed ship to the other.

"Come on," she muttered. "Looks like we've got at least one stowaway to deal with before we get out of here for good.

The droid didn't answer, even as she ran after it, following it through the gangway and into the cockpit.

A child in the pilot's seat had both hands locked on the ship's controls, her expression stretching somewhere between worry and outright panic. Sorel smiled and shook her head. “Looks like I’ve gained two passengers. Don't worry little one, you’re safe with us, now tell me what happened to your ship.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom