Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Plympto Deal

Negotiations

Her life was full of them. But this one was different. She would be meeting with the representative from New Plympto one that she had a hand in choosing..before..well

Before everything fell apart.

The Coalition was slowly becoming a memory but she wasn't in mourning over it. She knew she should be, she should feel something but in truth she felt relief. She could finally concentrate on Alderaan this meeting was to be just that a deal to help Alderaan and New Plympto.

She smiled brightly wore a simple gown of light blue and prepared to meet with Representative [member="Errreembuhr"] .

Errreembuhr and his forces hadn't been present when Alderaan was sacked. There had been an effort made to get supplies to them to assist in rebuilding, but after so much of his resources had been depleted at Onderon, there was little he could do. Now, however, it seemed that the Queen had a duty for him to fulfill. Something his company could provide to aid her and her people.

To keep with professionalism he continued the use of his Coalition credentials as he entered Alderaan space, following the local instructions that guided him down to the surface. As had become usual for this sort of thing, Talus was at his side, the droid appearing stalwart and dedicated as ever. He was markedly quieter than normal as they descended into atmosphere, and the extent of the damage had become clear, even to the Wookiee.

Still, there was a job to do here, and a duty he would fulfill to the Queen. A message had been sent directly to her to inform her of his arrival before his shuttle departed to land, and he was as yet unaware of whether they'd be meeting on the platform or elsewhere. Perhaps he'd soon find out.

[member="Faith Organa"]

Faith waited at the landing zone where [member="Errreembuhr"] ship would be directed to land. Though New Aldera was nearly completely rebuilt there were still scars to be seen across the surface.

Scars could be seen as survival. A mark left upon it but it did not kill them but it would forever be a reminder. She smoothed her dress and waited as her guards stood at attention, Bekka waited patiently with a datapad. Once the ship was on the ground and the door opened Faith walked towards the ship hoping the wookie would meet her at the bottom.

Bekka peered around often she had never seen a wookie so close she wondered what did they really look like? Were they as big as the books said?

Would this one help them?

Faith did her best to hide her sadness at what had happened on Alderaan. She knew she must present an expression of hope...she smiled.

The loading ramp lowered and Errreembuhr made his way down, meeting Queen [member="Faith Organa"] at the platform with Talus at his side and attendants at hers. New Aldera's landscape had been changed from the last time he'd seen it, the work of their former invaders who'd now returned to their home. Faith's expression was an attempt to hide her sorrow at the suffering of her people, but he knew it was there.

"Queen Organa," the Wookiee said through his translator as he approached her with his small party of guards a few feet behind. "A pleasure to see you again, though I wish it were under better circumstances."

[member="Errreembuhr"]

"Ambassador" Faith smiled, "I'm so glad you were able to come. Yes" she looked around, "i wish it could be different but things are improving." She looked back to the Ambassador, "Let's walk, tell me how things are on New Plympto."

She was curious still about those around her, how those she had met with prior to all the events that brought Alderaan to this. She had to look up at him he did not look much changed from before but then perhaps a few more laugh lines on his face, tendrils of fur that remained were a bit more fluffy. But he sounded the same, and acted the same.

She couldn't help but smile.

"Things are progressing well," he replied, noticing her attention on him. "With the news of the attacks on the Coalition there has been quite a bit of concern amongst the people, but the knowledge that I've been supplying the government with ships and that my own forces will join in defense have calmed them for now."

The thought of an invasion on New Plympto, while something he may seem indifferent about on the surface, certainly filled him with dread. Especially seeing now the damage to New Aldera, even after much rebuilding had been done. If this was the result of Alderaan then the Nosaurians would stand no chance, even with the full support of his company.

"And how have the rebuilding efforts gone? Please tell me what I can do to assist with them."

[member="Faith Organa"]

[member="Errreembuhr"]

"Rebuilding." A subject she had become quite versed in, "The Galactic Alliance is here making sure all remnants of Sith are gone. There are several companies that have brought aide, and relief efforts. What do we need...support...need to keep Alderaan thriving. Perhaps a business deal." She smiled trying to look innocent and she wasn't sure why.

She looked around, "my people need to know that we are moving towards normalcy. Can you help me there?" All around efforts to patch walls, holes, and buildings showed. There were closer now to some of the reconstruction efforts. The Hospital, the University, the Museum, all were showing activity. Some of them were near completion, some had a bit more to go.

"I can, and I would be more than happy to," he replied to her request. His eyes didn't miss much around the city as he scanned area, noting the presence of affiliates of the Alliance just as she'd mentioned. "It's the least we can do for a friend and ally. What is it that you need, Your Majesty?"

In truth he could imagine the planet was in need of quite a bit. Relocation for those who'd lost their homes, hands to rebuild those homes and new ones, food and medical supplies, transport for materials. There was much that could be done for a friend. And of course the humanitarian angle wouldn't hurt his business to have when making future arrangements.

[member="Faith Organa"]

What did they need?

"If you have a group that could help with transporting some materials from Delaya to New Aldera, and New Crevasse City that would help to speed things along with the rebuilding. We never seem to have enough ships to do that." While there were many hands on the ground to help keeping them supplied had become a bit of a logistics problem.

If [member="Errreembuhr"] really wanted to help that was one area they could do it. Normalcy was coming it was just taking time.

"What do you think?"

"I think that is an area we can most definitely provide help with," he replied, already beginning to run calculations in his head of how many transport corvettes and dropships he would be able to bring. "Our EC20s are more than capable of moving a massive quantity of materials in planetary operations without being limited to low speeds. If you'd like I can even remain here for a time to oversee the transportation operations myself."

He reached to the chest rig, plucking a reinforced data pad from it and tapping away on the screen for a few seconds. It would be easy enough to re-route a few already in use as it had been a slow couple of months recently for EODD, leaving ample ships capable of use for this. After a moment he looked back over at [member="Faith Organa"] . "How soon would you need them available?"

[member="Errreembuhr"]

That was what it had been about when she reached out to other worlds to other members. They all seemed to share a willingness to help others she just had never thought that they would need the help.

But things do change, "Within a couple days by then supplies will be low again and the ones from Delaya will help to finish off some of the rebuilding efforts and provide for the people" She finally genuinely smiled.

"We can travel out to New Crevasse and check progress on the geothermal generators and the excavations. If you would like." She wanted to show him what they were doing and how much their help would aide them.

He plugged in the data as she explained, sending commands back to the facility on New Plympto to prepare ships and supplies for transit to Alderaan. "I can have the first shipment here by tomorrow afternoon, the next by the day after. After that once things are more regular I can have shipments brought twice a day, and keep some of the corvettes here to move them between sites."

With the orders sent in full he looked back up at [member="Faith Organa"] with a bit of a smile, or at least as close to one as a Wookiee could achieve. "I'd be glad to see the generators and excavation. If you'd like I can have a few groups of Tach-series droids brought over as well to aid with them? It would be good to get them more experience."

[member="Errreembuhr"]

She reached over and touched his arm a sign of how grateful she was for all he was offering and doing. "They would be welcome." She kept her emotions in check as much as she could and then nodded,.

"You should see what has been done with so much help from everyone." Silently she prayed they wouldn't return again. She was slowly losing her ability to be a pacifist, and peaceful. She was ready to exchange it for defenses, and protection of her people. She was tired of them being stomped on. But she knew her people wouldn't understand. They would see her as going against tradition, of making their culture seem expendable.

It wasn't, none of it was. She was just beaten inside when it came how much can a pacifist stand.

"Have you ever seen Crevasse City, or heard of it?"

The Wookiee didn't need to be sensitive to the Force to understand how [member="Faith Organa"] was feeling. The touch on his arm came as a bit of a surprise, but one that spoke volumes to her thoughts in the moment. While he didn't smile, he could certainly feel glad that his acquiescence would be bringing hope and strength to a people who'd suffered so much.

"I've heard of the city, but I haven't visited it before. Back when I was working on a freighter we only ever stopped in the capital for pick-ups, deliveries, and refueling. And since I've been working with the New Plympto government I've mostly been visiting other capitals, haven't had much time for trips that were anything other than business. I'm glad to get the chance to see it now, though I wish it could be under better circumstances. Hopefully what my company is able to provide will be enough to return it to its previous state."

[member="Errreembuhr"]

"Speaking of your business, you might do well to contact [member="Derek Dib"] or [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"] they are both representatives of systems within the CIS. They may have need of what you offer. It isn't a guarantee of course but it is worth talking to them." She looked ahead, "there is much to see here on Alderaan that was not destroyed. The jungles, the snow covered polar cap, the oceans, the desert so much" She sounded proud and yet wistful.

"New Crevasse is a city built within canyon walls. It uses geothermal units to provide power to the residents. Fortuntely they only destroyed what they could see not what was protected. Our engineers have been working for weeks to clear the debrie find a new purpose for it, such as crushing it to add to duracrete to help build homes." Faith started to walk slowly, "we shall take a land speeder, the train track is not yet prepared. Before you could travel underground from New Aldera to New Crevasse. You will again."

Faith headed towards where a land speeder would be waiting, "You're helping us to rebuild quicker. When the people progress they feel the burden of what happen easing up. That's what you're helping to do for Alderaan. You never did tell me if you have a family. Do you?"

"I've yet to do work with the CIS, but I'll certainly look into it," he replied, thinking on the Hapes meeting, and the Twi'lek he'd met. She was from Empire space, however, not the Confederacy. "I'm still somewhat limited in my contacts, but any help would be appreciated. As for Alderaan I'm sure there's quite a bit I've yet to see, and from what you've said much that i'd like to. The geothermal units were a smart option, it's what I use to power my facility on New Plympto. Defenses, construction lines, everything. Perhaps a bit much for the one facility, but it certainly gets the job done."

At her mention of family on the way to the speeder, the Wookiee sighed, nodding. "A sister, and her son on Kashyyyk. It's been awhile since I've seen them, but I hear they're doing well. He recently was promoted to Jedi Knight in the Silver order, and I'm very proud of him. It isn't often that Wookiees are born with the Force, but he's doing quite well with it."

[member="Faith Organa"]

[member="Errreembuhr"]

"Really trained in the force. I wonder if he knows my brothers?" She shrugged, "You should go see your family. Family is very important Erreembuhr" She hoped she had gotten the sounds right in his name it was like getting a tongue lashing though as she twisted everything to make those sounds.

Faith got into the driver's seat and waited for him to follow, "I'll show you new Crevasse, maybe you have some advice on the units since you use them as well."

She wasn't an engineer at all, she knew just enough to be dangerous to anyone.

She missed her brothers, her sister. Her children...it was lonely on Alderaan sometimes.

"Perhaps I will soon," he replied, thinking about them as he entered the vehicle. "I haven't been back in quite awhile, long before... well... this." The Wookiee motioned to the chest rig, sighing as he remembered back on the incident that led to it. Family was difficult for him. Especially with his father. But he should take that out on his sister or her boy. He wanted to see them very much. At Faith's suggestion of inspecting the units himself he shook the thoughts from his head, nodding along. "Yes, I'd like to see them myself. The generators."

[member="Faith Organa"]

She looked at the chest rig, "Is it wrong for me to ask how that happened?" She didn't want to be pushy or invasive she probably like so many others were curious about how this had come about for him.

Wookies were incredibly strong, and lived in extremely long time so...was this from some previous war, some injury, or worse was it experimentation?

Oh she hoped not the latter that would be hard to handle to think someone would.....no it wasn't a pleasant thought she was having, but she was jumping to conclusions. She needed to wait to hear [member="Errreembuhr"] answer. Like was she invading his personal business by asking the question.

He'd expected the question to come at some point or another. Most were kind enough or perhaps fearful enough not to press a Wookiee on his disfigurement. Faith, however, had become like a friend to him. And for her he could answer it easily without taking any offense to her curiosity.

"It was an accident, of sorts," he replied, watching their surroundings. "I was a crewman for a cargo freighter, and a few groups often targeted us for their robberies. One of them was a bit more persistent and violent than the others, headed up by a family of Trandoshans. One day we stopped to refuel, and they followed us. They planted a bomb on the ship that killed everyone but myself. I was left with one arm, one leg, a crushed skull, and quite a bit of damage to my internal organs."

After a quick pause, he looked over at [member="Faith Organa"] before going on. "The workers were able to stop the bleeding and get help, and got me to a medical facility where they replaced the arm and leg I'd lost, the organs that were damaged beyond repair, and then fitted me with this," he said as he motioned to the chest rig. "It helps regulate and monitor things. It's a nuisance, but it's the life I have now."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom