Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Arrival

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
S1Sqzvc.gif
On board - rexs-star-destroyer
Rex had heard of the Je'daii order. He had spoken to many people during his time within the CSA and as well as during his time with the CIS trying to find out as much as possible about them. He had finally made a decision to see them. He wanted to see what he could potentially learn from the ancient order. He hoped they would be able to help him learn more about the force. Eventually he would need to create something to pass on his accumulated knowledge and the thought had crossed his mind more than a few time. But for now he wished to learn more, he had plenty of free time too. His company already had multiple designs sitting around he didn't need to build more for it yet.
kytzqkd1.png
Location - Aurum
He finally came out of hyperspace above the planet Aurum. It was said this is where the Je'daii had made their home. He took his stealth fighter to the ground landing in the main city Azar City. He landed in there space port and very quickly went asking for [member="Asha Hex"] and the Je'daii order. He got sent in a direction and soon came upon the Je'daii order's main entrance. He spoke with someone quickly who told him to go and see [member="Jyn Lorr"]. Pointing him to another building.
kytzqkd1.png
Location - the silent archive
He walked in here and saw the vast knowledge before him. He nearly cried seeing this many books. He had a private collection himself but nothing to this degree. He was overcome with joy he nearly forgot what he was here for. He remember about 8 books and 5 hours later. He was here to meet with Jyn. He eventually found the found conter after reading another 3 books. Only once he arrived there still reading a book on galactic war tactics did he finally say "I would like to see Jyn please." He stood and waited to see who would show up finishing off the tactics book and grabbing on a trolley called planets and wildlife. He was thoroughly enjoying himself, he would have to come here more often.

It had actually been a fairly busy day for once.

A couple of Journeyers had arrived with tomes they'd unearthed on worlds within their system, planets previously believed to be uninhabited or completely empty of any signs of life yet revealed ancient Temples belonging to their Order, and with that came a lengthy afternoon cataloging their finds. Some had to be placed within the restricted section, where Jyn was most often found, however a couple were far more common - and less dangerous - and as such they had to be given a place upon the many shelves that were publicly available.

There were also several carts dotted around with returned books that needed to be put away. A Je'daii Padawan had helped her, learning the basics of the system they had in place at the Silent Archives, and though she hadn't really needed to interject much - he was a smart lad, it seemed - she had still overseen his process just to make sure.

Now the lad was off on his lunch break.

Jyn had taken herself back into the restricted section in order to resume work on the Brock Diary. For the past few weeks now the Ranger had been meticulously copying the the Je'daii's journal over into a digital format so that it would be free to read without the original specimen needing to be handled. It was interesting work, detailing her Great Journey which had taken place millennium ago. That the tome was still legible and not crumbling was a testament to its former owners, who had no doubt kept it in the perfect conditions. When she wasn't transcribing its contents, Jyn had it locked away. It was much too old to risk exposure to light and the elements for too long. Hence why it was taking her so long. A page at a time was all she was willing to risk.

A familiar face peeked around the doorway, that of Master Jeo Dundam, the Ithorian Temple Master of Kaleth who spent much of his time within the Silent Archives just as Jyn did. Admittedly, the past few weeks he had been on the higher floors with the other Temple Masters, discussing the matter of the various worlds and lifeforms which had been unearthed, but he still enjoyed being on the library floor whenever possible.

"Someone is here to see you, Ranger Lorr," came his voluminous - yet oddly soft - voice. Always one for formality, yet she did not mind it. He used ranks and titles in a respectful manner rather than because he felt he had to.

Taking a few minutes to carefully place the journal away, she finally emerged from the back rooms and glanced toward a Chiss who was patiently waiting beside the main desk. Figuring that was who was waiting for her, given that every other person in the room was clinging to a chair or a bookcase, she approached him and lowered herself into a low bow of greeting.

"Good afternoon, friend; I am Ranger Lorr. How can I help you?"

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
"Greeting Ranger Lorr. I am Rex Taff I would like to join the Je'daii order. I was directed to you to do so." He would say looking up from the book on planets and wildlife. "I must say I love this place so many books, if I had have known this was here I would have come a lot sooner, this place is amazing. I have never seen this many books in all of my life. It took me five hours to finally realise I hadn't spoken to you yet I was that amazed." He would stop himself before saying "Sorry, I am just surprised that is all. But as I was saying the reason I am here is because [member="Caedyn Arenais"] and I spoke about this place some time ago when he visited [member="Lady Kay"]. He suggested I come and speak with [member="Asha Hex"]. But since I asked around and she isn't here right now people pointed me to you. I have thought on it for a long time and I would like to join your order." The book would still be open in his hands his eyes getting drawn back to it. He really wanted to read the rest of this book.
kytzqkd1.png
[member="Jyn Lorr"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Not long after his dad had left Tom followed him. He followed him into the Je'daii order's place. He saw all the books, he also became so engrossed by several books. Like father like son. Admittedly he was adopted. He then realised Rex had approached the desk and was speaking to someone. He walked over. "Hey Dad and nice lady. Sorry I am Tom, Rex's Adopted Son. I well, I followed him here. I thought it was time I got out and about. So what were you guys talking about?" Curiosity getting the better of him.

[member="Rex Taff"], [member="Jyn Lorr"]

The more the man spoke the more it all made sense.

Caedyn had been visiting with his family on Commenor - and other such places - since the news of his Father's misdeeds broke, his Master and the Council at large had deemed it necessary that he be given time to work through it where necessary, and it seemed as though by doing so he had inadvertently spread their message of neutrality. With a smile she glanced at the book in his hand and, before addressing his actual reason for being here, she said, "Would you like to check that book out?"

It didn't make sense, after all, for him to be unnecessarily distracted in that moment. She could sense his eagerness to resume reading.

"As for joining our Order, we accept men and women of all walks of life so long as they can bring themselves to learn a more balanced and moderate lifestyle. What you do away from our borders is none of our business, we just ask that you do not bring aggressors to our doorstep. Tell me, what is it you hope to gain by joining us?"

She smiled and lowered her head by way of greeting toward his son, but for now waited for Rex's response rather than weighing down the conversation any further.

[member="Rex Taff"] [member="Tom Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex would look at [member="Jyn Lorr"] like she had told him the biggest secret in the world "I can borrow these.... How many can I borrow?" He had about 5 or maybe 6 in mind. His hope for joining them. "My hope is to learn as much as possible about everything within the force. As well as read all of this place now I know it is here. I would have come earlier if I had have known." He continued looking around.
kytzqkd1.png
He then heard his adopted son's voice. "You followed me, well done son. As for what we were discussing I wanted to join this new order. Would you also like to join?" His son looked thoughtful before saying "I do, I wish to learn more about what you have taught me." Then he would turn to [member="Jyn Lorr"] "Am I able to join?" He was exactly like his father and still had a book in his hands on animal and animal foot prints.

"Library policy is four at a time, for up to a month. You'll incur charges if they're late, but otherwise it costs nothing to check them out."

He seemed to have a genuine appreciation for the structure they were stood within, or more the information it housed. That was nice to see, most saw it simply as a tool to use upon necessity but in truth places like this offered so much more. Tomes could cart you off to fictional dimensions for hours at an end, open new avenues of thought you never expected, broaden your horizons.

"You have lofty goals, there is still so much about the Force that we do not understand. Luckily for you, you have come to the right place. It has been our goal for millennium to study and observe the Force in all its facets and forms, to learn all that we can and add to the swathes of knowledge already out there. We utilize both traditional and non-traditional methods, and I feel certain that between our subpaths you'll find a place that suits your methodology. Of course, your son is welcome to join also."

She found it a little odd that he referred to the boy as his adopted son. She had also adopted a child, little [member="Atefeh Lorr"] whom she loved most dearly, but she had never once referred to her as adopted. Not that she could recall, at least.

"You may find us a little different to your standard Order; though you may hold ranks elsewhere, here all must begin anew. We have a series of trials, known as the Great Journey, which must be completed before Knighting. I'll find you some documents on it, since you seem a literary type. If you could give me a few minutes to find someone to take over my position, I can bring you both across to the Academy and get you set up and logged into our database. In the meantime feel free to find some more books to check out."

[member="Rex Taff"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom