Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work In Progress The Necromancer's Workshop

Can you hear me?

The cry, which somehow climbed above the roar of the crashing waves, came with a twinge of something familiar and threatening. Vyle resisted the urge to reach out and touch the mind of the one who had spoken. Her Master's lessons, distant and yet prescient, taught her that being a Sith meant a healthy dose of paranoia was sometimes all that stood between success and the iron-wrought gates of death.

She sucked in a breath and imagined a flame a the center of herself, roaring and hot, shrinking until it was but a flicker. For now, she would proceed with caution, her ability to touch the Force hidden, until she had learned more about her unfortunate sea mate.

"I'm here," she cried, putting as much fear into her voice as she could muster. She paddled with one hand towards the voice, and cleaved to her scrap metal raft with the other. "Swim to me! You'll never make it in the water alone."

Now that the current had bobbed them closer, Vyle could see the one who had called out to her. Another woman, her dampened hair like rivulets of gold matted together into clumps by the raging salt water tempest around them. Vyle pushed her way through a spray of dark ocean water towards where the golden woman floated, raftless. How she had even made it this far was beyond the knowings of the Sith witch, though she suspected the twinge she had felt earlier played its part in the woman's survival.

She should leave the woman to drown; but curiosity had its claws in Vyle now. There was no harm in letting Fate pull their strings a little while longer.

"Here," she called out, and reached out with the one hand not clinging to the raft. "There's room enough for both of us. Grab hold!"

Last edited:

From behind one of the arcade machines, sparks and a growl sounded.

"Darnit!"

Matt, the galactically qualified Radar Technician, stepped out and shook one of his hands, before he looked at the index finger for burns. There wasn't any. Still, the darn thing had zapped him good, as he began to suck on the tip of his finger and studied the machine in question.

It wasn't working, still.

"Wha, why?" Matt sighed in exasperation, as he slumped and looked upward from behind his wide brim glasses. "Contract work, I swear..."

Despite being a galactically qualified and recognized Radar Tech, the human was all out of ideas.

Who even wanted to play on ancient game machines, anyway?

Apparently a lot of sentients.

"Maybe if I..." Matt started to mutter, as he rubbed his chin, eyes back on the malfunctioning machine. "...inverse polarity couplers, or redirect flux capacitors? Could try..."

Matt glanced left to right, then kicked the machine with his boot--

* Brrrrrrrr-iiiiing, bring bring bring! *

--and nodded as the arcade flared back to life.

"Nailed it," Matt sniffed, as he adjusted his bright orange work vest and puffed his chest out, though no one seemed to care much. "Yeah - uh, heh, whatever..."

Matt bent down with a groan and picked up his tools, before he started to walk lazily around the arcade looking for more problems to fix...

Open​

Last edited:
R4P8Qg8.jpg

N A M E
Jayce Rotsu
A L I A S
N/A
H O M E W O R L D
Haruun Kal
S P E C I E S
Korun (Human)
S E X
Male
F O R C E
Yes
A G E
18 standard years-old
H E I G H T
5'6"
W E I G H T
140 lbs
E Y E
Brown
S K I N
Dark
H A I R
Black, White
L O Y A L T Y
Galactic Alliance, Jedi Order

Jayce Rotsu is a Force-sensitive Korunnai male Jedi Padawan hailing from the Mid-Rim world of Haruun Kal. Born a member of Ghôsh Rostu, Jayce's Force-sensitivity was discovered shortly after his eighth name day, and he was handed over to the New Jedi Order to be trained and to avoid the possibility that his lack of training might one day lead him to darkness. He later completed the trials of a Youngling and was made a Padawan learner.

B I O G R A P H Y​
giphy.gif

Jayce was a late-bloomer among his people.

Born into Ghôsh Rostu, his Force-sensitivity was not discovered until his eighth name day. Three years prior to that, he received his Ghôsh tattoos, which took the form of a white hourglass that covered much of his face, giving it a skeletal appearance; which was a sign of his clan's acceptance of him. However, when his ability to touch the Force was discovered, acceptance among his clan fell, as he frequently (albeit unintentionally) used his powers in mischievous ways, much to the annoyance of the elders of his Ghôsh.
giphy.gif

Thus, his parents summoned Seekers from the New Jedi Order to take their son into the Order's custody and teach him the ways of the Force. Jayce always regarded his family surrendering him as an act of abandonment—even after he came to accept and feel comfortable in his new home on Coruscant—though, in reality, they had little choice. The Ghôsh's elders regarded his mischievous use of the Force to be an omen of darker things to come, and wished to spare him (and the clan) a grim fate should he fall into the hands of the Sith or other dark side cults.

Now a Youngling, Jayce completed years of basic Jedi instruction, proving himself capable enough to eventually pass on to become a full Jedi—and was promoted to Jedi Padawan at the late age of seventeen. Though he has been tutored under several Knights and Masters since, he still waits to find one who can finish his training and impart to him the skills and mindset of a fully-fledged Jedi Knight...

S K I L L S​

THE FORCE​

• Telekinesis - With only a Youngling's education, Jayce is capable of moving small to medium-sized objects with his mind.
  • Enhance Attribute - Like all Jedi, Jayce was taught to use the Force to empower and enhance his body, allowing him to display numerous superhuman abilities.
    • Force jump - Jayce can focus the Force into his feet and legs to greatly enhance the distance he is capable of jumping, allowing him to cross chasms and reach heights inaccessible to ordinary humans.

E Q U I P M E N T​

Jayce's lightsaber
Jayce's lightsaber is an ordinary single-bladed weapon with an amethyst-colored plasma blade.

Profile Format Credit: Ilias Nytrau

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom