Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The native dish of fish... (Senators)

Volko Hydori wasn’t one for parties, not really. He had been a simple worker making Kolto before the events that thrust him into the world of politics. Still it had been suggested that he organize something. There was a number of new senators, and some like him were only just starting in the hallowed halls of the senate. In order to meet and mingle they needed something. Senators, despite any political leanings they might have, had to work together to protect the interests of the people of the republic and represent their planet. It was hard to do that when you didn’t know anyone else.

For this particular swaray he’d rented out a dance hall and another adjacent room. There were tables scattered about and a large open ballroom with an orchestra playing solemn music. What was most impressive though was the food. Yes he had food from across Manaan brought in fresh for the occasion. Unfortunately for most the great dishes of the Selkath consisted mostly of fish and various forms of succulent seaweed. For those who didn’t enjoy the bounty of the sea Volka was suspicious…. but knew that he’d have to get along with them and so arranged catering from McYoda Burger.

“Oh welcome, welcome,” the annoying gold protocal droid he’d ordered said to each of the guests as they piled into the room.

“Perfect…” the Selkath steepled his hands as he walked around to mingle...

[member="Faith Balor"]
[member="Arcana Adasca"]
@Cade Lee
[member="Lanax Grayson"]
[member="Danny Colen"]
[member="Adrik Turov"]
[member="Jon Jon Nemo"]
[member="Macharius Solaire"]
[member="Lionel Roux"]
[member="Persephone Callas"]
[member="Jack Sparrow"]
[member="Aliannah Sophia Filia"]
[member="Max Rumor"]
[member="Aurelia Volcata"]
[member="Valen Cerezo"]
[member="Ned Rostu"]
[member="Mark Crassis"]
[member="Ater Notechis"]
[member="Kralossk"]
[member="Carlos Castillo"]

Jorga the Hutt

When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade
[member="Volko Hydori"]

Connory wasn't a Senator anymore. He'd retired for medical reasons a couple of years back, and still walked with a cane. Before that, he'd represented Eshan for three terms; he'd been the one to bring his homeworld and its colonies into the Republic. Then he'd served as head of the finance committee, investigating misuse of funds-

Good memories, good times, but all water under the bridge. The Republic was different now, smaller and more tired after six solid years of war and two capitals lost. The Republic had different needs and, arguably, required different faces.

More representative faces. He broke away from the protocol droid, then the appetizer table, bearing a small plate of fresh, uncooked fish to his taste. He'd made a point of memorizing the spot pattern and coloration for the Senator of Manaan, whom he approached. "Senator Hydori," he said, extending his free right hand. "I'm Rel Connory. I don't think we've met. Thank you for having us -- this musall'ka is delicious." He was pronouncing the dish as correctly as a near-human could. Connory did his research.

While Trandoshans were not known for their formalities or etiquette, at least not in the same sense as most other species', Kralossk knew it was his duty to show up to events and keep the peace between his world and the others of the Republic. In the back of his mind, his only real issue was whether or not he'd have to interact with a Wookiee... Scorekeeper hope that wasn't the case, he couldn't stand those creatures even if he had to keep a professional air about himself. Would instinct or rationality rule over? He couldn't say for sure. Best he keep away just to be safe.

Stepping into the ballroom he couldn't help but be immediately drawn to the protocol droid. Interesting chunks of metal though they were, they tended to be lacking in personality for the most part. He heard it spew out the same greeting to each Senator, and wondered if it would change at all as the evening pressed on. Kralossk doubted it.

With a long sigh he continued onward, his ever-armoured self covered with one of the oddest garments he'd ever had to wear. It was a dinner suit, of course his reliance on the armour meant that he was a strange sight indeed. The cyborg was more than aware of this fact, but he had been assured that formal attire would be appreciated, if not an unspoken necessity. Sometimes his job was more than belittling, to say the least. He was a great Trandoshan warrior! A feared hunter! Reduced to... Whatever this was.

He only hoped that they didn't expect him to eat what they provided this evening, too. His respirator was not initially obvious, however after this evening it would likely be a known fact amongst his fellow Senators, considering his mismatched appearance. On the plus side, at least this would give him more time to observe everyone while they busied themselves with food and drink. Worse things had happened.

[member="Rel Connory"]

Volko approached the Bard with an open hand shaking it in the traditional human gesture. “It is a pleasure,” he said nodding his head. “Musal’ka is a traditional dish of welcome for my people.” He nodded twice hard. “We have not met before sir, but I must admit I know of your reputation.” Signaling to one of the server droids he has two drinks brought over. “Senator I must say I admire your work on the finance committee. I for one believe that the Republic has a duty to it’s people to spend money in a wise manner!” the Gregarious fish started. Anyone who knew him from the senate knew what was coming next.

“How can we squander the resources of the republic on frivolous ventures when there is still places in need of government support. Why Manaan still is reeling under the economic weight of rebuilding Ahto city twice! And then bills are proposed increasing funding to kelp farms. Damn the kelp farms sir. We need money to rebuild those cities lost to war. We need money for guns, ships, and men that know how to use them to fight off the great Sith invader!”

Jorga the Hutt

[member="Volko Hydori"]

Connory nodded along in that precisely tuned way that allowed a polite man to agree with everything while committing to nothing. "Thank you, Senator. Ahto City needs your kind of resolve." And public integrity. Nobody would ever accuse Volko Hydori of being on the payroll of big agriculture. Damn the kelp farms indeed. "And you hit the nail on the head -- after six years at war, we all have tough choices to make. What's the old line? Choose guns or butter? I believe we can make room for both our military and our domestic needs -- take care of our people at home while protecting them abroad. And if a few of the larger and more...cosmopolitan corporations have to feel the sting, well, we're still the galaxy's largest market. They'll live." A shot in the dark there; Hydori's priorities seemed fairly clear.

He noted the entry of [member="Kralossk"], cyborg Trandoshan. "The Senator of Trandosha's here, excellent. I was hoping to catch five minutes with him later. Do you know him?"

Nodding he placed a little piece of fish wrapped in seaweed to his lips and ate it. Yes he would get along with the Bard. He was a decent sort, and cared about monetary responsibility. Everyone should care about that. “The galaxy would fall apart without the funds to maintain its infrastructure,” Volko said with a nod looking over at the nearly robotic looking Senator from Trandosha. “I’ve only met him in passing, a strange sort to be sure. I wonder why he always wears that suit? More importantly though I wonder if he thinks wearing a dinner jacket over it makes him more approachable”

The Selkath turned to the Bard and waved with a hand, “Shall we find out?”

With an arm he ushered the man to where the Trandoshan was and said “Senator [member="Kralossk"], may I present [member="Rel Connory"]?”

The Trandoshan turned to the approaching individuals and immediately recognised his host. The other was unfamiliar to him by appearance, however the name was one he had read many times during his research into the Senate's recent history.

"Senator" came the metallic, respirated response, aimed towards the former, "Mister Connory, how are you both this evening?" Ugh, how he hated nonsensical pleasantries, mere fluff that permitted beings such as themselves to break the ice. Why couldn't things be more to the point? "Thank you for inviting us here, Senator, it seems like quite the occasion."

When offered a drink by a servo-droid the cyborg lifted one hand to politely decline, internally grumbling. He was still bitter about the loss of that sort of social norm. How long had it been now since he'd tasted... Well, anything, aside from the crisp air and slight metallic tang that always laced his tastebuds? Such as the nature of the game, he supposed, you didn't always come out on top, or even in an agreeable state.

No matter how much you may have wanted to.

[member="Rel Connory"] [member="Volko Hydori"]

[member="Rel Connory"] [member="Volko Hydori"] [member="Kralossk"]

Cpl Walker stood in Full Dress Uniform near the entrance of the room holding a copy of the VIP list. He wore a Blaster in a Holster on his hip. Some how he had gotten tagged to do security from some Senate shindig. He was pretty sure he had pissed somebody off and gotten the assignment as his punishment considering he was well known every single Senator had a small contingency of guards from their respective planets that handled personal security.

He turned checking the next person against the roster he had in his hand. As the name checked out Wes motioned with an open hand to all of the important things around the room such as the food, drinks, and refreshers. Even though he didn't know why he was here he was determined to make the best of it for the sake of duty.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Ambassador Kree of the Dublin & Bree Colonies arrived to the party with a beautiful Zeltron on his arm. He was a tall military Arkanian dressed in black with a long golden sash. A sign of his lofty station. His date, Jerry Mars of the Jedi Rangers, wore a matching black dress with gold trim. They were a ridiculously attractive couple and walked around without a hint of romantic chemistry. A perfectly political pair.

"Mm. You look wonderful my dear." He spoke in a stern tone. Stoic and uncaring. His blind eyes wandering the room.

"We match wonderfully Ambassador. So I am content it will be a pleasant evening." She mused weakly. Her beautiful smile was only a cover and her affection was merely painted in broad sweeps.

"I'll not remind the Jedi Lady that there are business arrangements tonight. Expectations of my station. You'll forgive my absence during this time, of course." He didn't smile. Kree never smiled.

"I remember that I will always be at your side, my love. I dare not part without it." She smiled and waved. Just like a princess. Perfect and rosy. Flowery and kind. But no. He was not amused. Kree did not get, amused. Not at her insistence and not at her digging touch. He almost wanted to frown,

"Mm. Indeed... Parting is such sweet sorrow."

Ethereal and heavenly, the unique political pair mingled with the wider guest list. Food and money. Money and food. Kree had business contracts to leverage, old faces that needed snubbing, and blood money to pry from cold clammy hands. High society was his hunting grounds these days. Endless war took it's toll upon colonial types and their settlements. The One Sith had not been kind to their armies or navies either. Supply was short and demand was bitter. So tonight it was the money that made their world go round. Just business-as-usual for the military Arkanian male. Tonight, Kree was working.

Ah. But poor Jerry was working too. However, she was working undercover. There were bad eggs that needed cracking. Heads that needed thumping and Ambassadors that needed arresting. Sadly, her quarry this month was the cunning snake of an Arkanian male. He had already discovered she was a Jedi during her first week in Bree space. No thanks to his extensive knowledge about how to exploit them, no doubt. Mm. Digging up dirt on him had been more difficult after that wide hurdle. Yet still, she endured. Kree was getting sloppy as his commander's become more impatient. She made it easy for him to do that. To be careless. To be comfortable. Let his darker side show. Oh yes. Oh ho ho, yes indeed. It wouldn't be long before Ambassador Kree was locked away behind Republic bars for a very, very long time. Jerry was a huntress woman with a target in her sights. So tonight. Jerry was working too.

This was going to be fun.

Jorga the Hutt

[member="Kralossk"] [member="Volko Hydori"]

"Doing well, Senator, doing very well." Better than he could say -- literally. He'd just come off a deep cover infiltration of the One Sith, and life was good. "Senator Hydori and I were just discussing reconstruction. Building our domestic foundation. Eshan was hit harder than most by the Omni crisis ten years back, so we can empathize with the worlds that've had so much trouble with the One Sith recently. Manaan, of course -- and Trandosha too. I'm told the Sith occupation was a dark time for your world." Long months, those, between the Battle of Kashyyyk and the shared system's liberation. Long and xenophobic, by some sources. "And I'm sure we can all agree that strengthening our worlds needs to be a larger priority. After Eshan joined the Republic, we got the help we needed. We rebuilt within only two years, and within three our yards were building the Republic's flagships -- and all of that was during wartime. Now we're as prosperous and secure as we've ever been, and what worked for us could work for you, if the Republic could focus more on the domestic foundation."

Okay, when the latest round of detention resulted in him having to come to some lame-o muckity, muck 'party' he'd been less than enthusiastic.

For starters, how was THIS a party?

Where was the bouncy house? Where was the pool? Where was the Pin the Tail on the Nerf?

...okay, so he totally cheated at Pin the Tail on the Nerf. Force Senses, that's whats up, yo!

These were all people who were senators, or politicians, or tele-gates. Generates? No, that wasn't it. Did it start with a D? Delerates?

Why were there so many words for people who just stood around on HSPN talking, and talking, and talking? And not even about interesting stuff, like Krakana Week on Discovery Link. It was always 'a measure to fund the meeting to have the meeting to discuss when the next meeting should be.'

On the plus side, McYODAS!

Yes, he was aquatic.

Yes, there was a seafood buffet. He'd just come from a mission to Mon Cala and he ate seafood All. The. Time.

Seriously, the krill salad sandwich was like the one edible thing at the Academy cafeteria. Plus, this was McYodas! Loving It, I Am! As the Nautolan shoveled a record breaking third bantha burger with cheese into his mouth, he was gas-ily satisfied with where detention appeared to have taken him.

Maybe he needed to toilet paper Master [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]'s starfighter more often...

Beyond shoveling food into his mouth, the Nautolan was supposed to be helping some Jedi Consular dudes, who were in turn supporting the Galactic Senate Guard or military or whoever it was that provided security for the talkity-talk people. Which, whatever, they were Consulars so it wasn't like they were real Jedi.

Now, if Master Korr or [member="Varus Shatterstar"] were here? This might actually be all right. But sadly, Zak had Jedi Nerds to the left of him, politic-whatever people to the right of him, and only a bantha burger into which to eat his sorrows away.

Valen Cerezo

V
[member="Rel Connory"] [member="Kralossk"] [member="Volko Hydori"]

"Sad to say, many people are not interested in the domestic sphere currently, Senators," Valen said, coming over to the talking pair. "Apologies, Senator Valen Cerezo of Reecee, well once of Reecee, my planet is currently under Sith occupation."

Valen had just arrived at the party, having been late because of some data work in trying to get the refugees from his world established on another Republic member state. It really was annoying the layers of things one had to go through to get a bunch of people, angry at the Sith, to have even a temporary home.

"My bill to start trying to rebuild Alderaan and establish a committee to oversee rebuilding efforts was . . . sidetracked and dismissed for costing credits better spent on war. I'm sure you all saw that of course."

[member="Valen Cerezo"] [member="Rel Connory"] [member="Kralossk"]

"The military is important," Volko said with a nod to Valen Cerezo, "But just as important is the need to rebuild. An effort to restore Alderaan, or Manaan, from the devastation of war could boost the economy by providing jobs to many which in turn increases our tax base allowing us in the long term to spend more money on the military. It is also an important symbol. We will rebuild."

"It is a shame that the Senate gets mired in shameful acts." Turning fully to Valen he gave a thoughtful nod. "The thoughts of prayers of me, and my people, are with you and yours senator. An occupation is not an easy to live with.”

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jerry sat down at one of the tables alongside many a talkative group of Ambassadors. Kree busied himself with looking stern and replying with superiority. Mars took the happy moment to enjoy the food. Her quarry had yet to attempt to leave her side to do business. That was good. Because when he did? She would be right there to shadow him.

But seriously. This food was actually really good. Nothing but bliss nor condiment amiss with this fair native, happy dish of fish.

[member="Volko Hydori"] [member="Rel Connory"] [member="Kralossk"] [member="Valen Cerezo"]

Wes stayed by the door checking each perosn as they came through. He checked in an Ambassador Kree and his guest [member="Jerry Mars"] with a smile waiting until they were away to shake his head thinking to himself he was in the wrong profession if being a political type got him............. he shook his head focusing back on the task at hand.

Gazing around the room for a quick moment he noticed [member="Zak Dymo"] going to town on the buffet like a starving bantha with a chuckle before turning to check the next person to enter against the list. Finding everything in order Wes waved them on with a smile cocking his head to the side catching bits and peices of a conversation the word military standing out.

His attention snapped back to the door when he heard a commotion a few feet away between one of the Privates and a guest trying to get past who was not exactly dressed for the occasion. Walking over Wes smiled softly to the guest and and nodidng to the Private.

"Sorry for the interuption SIr could I get your name please?" Wes looked at his copy of the quest list and back up waiting for the answer. When it came Wes spoke as diplomatically as he could.

"My apologises Sir I don't seem to have your name on our guest list if you will kindly step over here with me I am sure we can get this straightened out."

Wes nodded at the Private to keep up the good work before leading the man off to the side so as to not disturb the others arriving.

Faith came in late she hoped she had not missed anything important. Her captain of her guard waited outside cautiously she looked around she saw a familiar face and smiled.

Words drifted her way. Occupation. Sith. Yes they were terrible to live with. She had no game face for this she could only smile and move slowly she walked towards the group speaking.

[member="Shamus Walker"][member="Jerry Mars"][member="Volko Hydori"][member="Valen Cerezo"][member="Zak Dymo"][member="Rel Connory"][member="Kralossk"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom