Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC The Nameless

Status
Not open for further replies.
pVli169.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
COMBAT INFORMATION

• Availability: Uncommon

• Deployment: Limited

• Strengths & Weaknesses:
    It was me all along:
    The perfect infiltrators are those who don’t even know it themselves, and such is true for the Nameless. They are the invisible sleeping agents, unaware of the betrayal that slumbers in their skull until they are bidden to act. Bereft of any preconceived designs on treachery, they will be innocuous even to a Force user perusing their mind.
    One of the many: As men, women, and aliens serving in their respective armies, they receive the training and equipment typical of whatever regiment, battalion, or company they belong to. Most of them are rank and file, but every now and then there’s a higher-ranking commissioned officer among them.
    Average Jill, average Joe: They are not special forces. Or Forcers, for that matter. The SA-I doesn’t grant them any magical knowledge, additional training, or hitherto nonexistent abilities.
    One-hit wonder: Any Nameless activated as a sleeper agent will have outlived their usefulness in nine out of ten cases. Usually because they will be summarily executed for betrayal. It is extremely rare that the culprit isn’t discovered and then punished for their trespass.
DESCRIPTION
The Nameless aren’t a true unit in any sense of the word. They don’t operate with any cohesion – in fact, they aren’t aware of their relation to each other as unwitting agents of a distant syndicate. For most of their lives they serve whomever they call their master, going about their job and lives just like any other soldier. They are unremarkable people almost as a rule, existing in the vast sea of the statistical mean.

When they rise to prominence in anyone’s eyes, it is already too late. Their betrayal comes without preamble, planned by minds other than their own. They are simply pushed into action, living pawns in the galactic game of dejarik. And they are sacrificed just as easily – felled like a series of dominoes.

A thousand tiny treacheries a treason make.

[member="Nadir"]

A few questions.

1) You've linked to several unique units belonging to each faction. Do the Nameless exist only within those linked units or are they spread throughout the general armed forces of each faction? Or both?

2) Development threads are obviously not a requirement for anything, but if you have threads where the Nameless are established throughout the ranks of these major factions/these units/both, linking to them would be helpful in approving this. Especially if the major factions in question were allotted ample opportunity to stop the infiltration.

3) In the event that there are no threads, have you communicated with the people who submitted the linked units or the owners of these major factions that this unit exists and can randomly be utilized against them? Are they okay with select elements of their units or NPCs being turned into unwitting sleeper agents?

[member="Feeto Chivaro"]

1) The linked NPC units are meant as a reference point, not that the Nameless belong specifically to those units. If that's a point of contention, I can remove the links.

2) It's not 'classic infiltration' as such, as explained in the SA-I submission.

3) As noted under 1), the Nameless aren't meant to be part of those specific submitted NPC units.

[member="Nadir"]

Their presence in other people's named units was my primary concern. As long as this isn't the case, I don't think I have any further issues. It should go without saying, but please be sure to consult with other FO/GE/CSA players before dropping this unit into the mix of any interactions you have with them. Easier to avoid misunderstandings this way.

Approved, pending secondary.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
[member="Nadir"]

First off, love the concept. I would however like to see a less ambiguous intent for this sub, given the unique nature of it and involvement of NPCs with affiliations to others besides yourself.

I would also like a more direct answer to one of Feeto's original concerns: "In the event that there are no threads, have you communicated with the people who submitted the linked units or the owners of these major factions that this unit exists and can randomly be utilized against them? Are they okay with select elements of their units or NPCs being turned into unwitting sleeper agents?"

[member="Zeradias Mant"]

Zeradias Mant said:
I would however like to see a less ambiguous intent for this sub, given the unique nature of it and involvement of NPCs with affiliations to others besides yourself.
Edits made.

Zeradias Mant said:
In the event that there are no threads, have you communicated with the people who submitted the linked units or the owners of these major factions that this unit exists and can randomly be utilized against them?
No.

Zeradias Mant said:
Are they okay with select elements of their units or NPCs being turned into unwitting sleeper agents?
I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom