Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Most Peaceful of Sunrises [Tavjurn Phil]

Ava Solborne

A
jcca.jpg
The Jedi Temple,
Equa's Training Room
Very early in the morning
Jedi Knight Equa Dominator​
&​
Jedi Padawan @[member="Tavjurn Phil"]​
---​
Equa meditated in his room. Getting up so early in the morning was really tough, mostly because he had went to bed really late yesterday. Well, technically she went to bed today, but still... But for Phil, it was most likely almost impossible. It was sunrise. And Equa had planned it so, that there will also be a sunrise in his training room. Actually, he had worked on an artificial nature in the room and it now looked a bit like there was a meadow-like thing and a bit of a forest. it didn't look like a small room anymore.

Equa had called Phil a few minutes after he had awoken, so he should be there in a bit. A few bottles of water stood next to the Jedi Knight. And also some food was next to them. After all, they hadn't had a breakfast yet. Equa stood on the side of the room where he faced the entrance of the room and thus, the sun was behind him. He had a reason for it, but most likely after that, they'd change locations, so that the sun would be on Equa's left hand.

While he meditated, he thought about one thing; Peace. It was the normal thought he thought about while meditating, because it was the most simple one. But this time, inner peace was not the thing they will learn. Well, at least not directly. All of Equa's lessons probably had something to do with the peace thing he loved so much. Until Phil has to learn something different.

Tavjurn Phil

T
Phil entered the room with a morning smile. Black robes, brown boots, and no sleeves. He rolled his strong shoulders and bowed low as he crossed the threshold. This was a reverent place. A sacred place. It was Equa's place; and It represented peace.

"Morning."

Phil crossed to the center of the room and placed his hands on his hips. Yawning, he stretched.

"What can I do for you today Master Dominator?"

@[member="Equa Dominator"]

Ava Solborne

A
Equa opened his eyes and looked at the Padawan. He nodded and said: "I wanted you to wake up so early today to teach you about an aspect of the peace and also a bit more about a few Force powers." He calmly stroked a little flower on the artificial grass. He was happy again. And the sunrise was a really nice thing, too. He smiled and then, with a gesture, wanted Phil to sit down.

"Please describe this place to me." It was a simple task with almost no guidelines.

@[member="Tavjurn Phil"]

Tavjurn Phil

T
Phil nodded his understanding and remained where he was,

"Artificial environment. Normally I'd go with holographics, but this grass looks even more real than that. Fascinating. You should tell me how you did it."

The Apprentice looked around the room and did not note anything different.

"I'd say you added a few new decorations. Well done. Most training rooms can be so boring. Haha."

Phil rubbed his neck. It was still very early.

Ava Solborne

A
Equa nodded and smiled a bit wider. But then his smile disappeared and he was completely bland again.

"Now tell me what you like about this room. What do you enjoy about it?" he asked. His questions directed the whole conversation towards the actual lesson. But to make it seem more effective, Equa decided it would be great to give such tasks to Phil.

And then, a bit chilly wind moved through the room. Obviously Equa had created the wind with the Force, but it had a reason, like everything in the room today. There was even a bird in the room. An actual bird who sang a simple melody. It was a bit catchy and really easy to imitate.

But in all that niceness, Equa tried to be as emotionless as possible. His view of the Force didn't deny emotions. It just demanded peace in your mind.

@[member="Tavjurn Phil"]

Tavjurn Phil

T
Phil shrugged, then looked about with a squint.

"I'd say it's unique. Any other teacher would have just left the room alone. They would not have bothered with the décor. I think what you've done here is very peaceful. It moves the mind towards nature. Towards a natural resting place. It's very keen."

Phil nodded. It was a nice touch.

"I hope I'm not missing something?"

Ava Solborne

A
Equa turned his head to the little flower. It had white petals and it was indeed really beautiful. Normal people didn't even notice it anywhere, but Equa loved these things. Then he took a cup of coffee out of somewhere. It had been behind him for the whole time. Then he took a sip of the hot drink and smiled. "Would you like to drink something?" he asked from Phil.

Then he put his cup away. She enjoyed the little things. He enjoyed the sun, he enjoyed the flower, coffee, the bird, wind and everything else there was.

@[member="Tavjurn Phil"]

Tavjurn Phil

T
Phil took a seat across from Equa and nodded,

"That sounds wonderful. I'd like that."

He smiled and received a cup. Perhaps they would talk about Philosophy again over drinks.

Ava Solborne

A
"Now tell me the little things you like about life. And only the littlest things," Equa said. And again, he had probably given a really simple task, but like before, it had a reason. He waited patiently for Phil's answer. Because there was no need to hurry nor did he want to seem odd. He just took his cup into his hand again and took a sip of the warm drink while looking into the Padawan's eyes. He felt the almost hot fluid touching his lips. And it was one of the things he enjoyed about life.

@[member="Tavjurn Phil"]

Tavjurn Phil

T
Phil thought about that for a moment. The little things in life,

"Well. Haha. I'd say; warm socks on a cold morning. Crisp mountain air as you step outside. A surprise hug from a loved one. Things like that. The unexpected kindnesses that seem to make the cruel realities of the world go away. The little things that make a big difference."

Phil sipped his tea. He could think about things like this forever. It was a pleasant thought.

Ava Solborne

A
"So... before we continue, I would like to ask a question from you. You said yesterday, that basically you are from many other planets. How about your culture? Tell me something about that. I know travelers don't stick to one planet's culture, so I have found it to be extremely strange to think about that," Equa asked. The cup of coffee was still in is hand.

The bird who just flew around the place now landed on Equa's knee. Since Equa loved these little things, he smiled at the bird, but it flew away. So much for being nice... he thought.

@[member="Tavjurn Phil"]

Tavjurn Phil

T
Phil nodded and began,

"I was raised Coruscanti. A city boy from a primarily human community. I've interacted with a few alien cultures; such as Twi'lek, Tuscan, Hutt, etc. But I make no mistake. Even when I'm traveling. I'm of the human bloodlines. My gods, my culture, and my destiny stem from over a thousand of years of human evolution. It is, what I am. It is what I choose to be."

He shrugged. Traveling was not his favorite pastime.

"I apologize if there seems to be a cultural barrier between us. But perhaps we can grow together as Jedi warriors. I find time can mend all things. Haha."

Ava Solborne

A
@[member="Tavjurn Phil"]

Equa sighed.

"No. Even though I am not sure about my own cultural preferences, I think there won't be any problems. It's quite strange to think about travelers' culture. At least for me."

He took a sip of the coffee.

"So... Before we move on, I'd like to ask a few more things from you. What is the most important thing in life for you?"

Tavjurn Phil

T

"Right now? The Force. It's my connection to this world. The only way I can complete my goals. In many ways, it is everything I do. It is what makes me a Jedi."

Phil nodded. He couldn't help but feel that was the truth.

Ava Solborne

A
@[member="Tavjurn Phil"]

Equa nodded too.

"Well, now we can start. If you remember the thing I taught you before, that you should clear all thoughts besides one, then try to do it now, but don't meditate. And think about a little thing. Maybe about what you ate yesterday or how does the sun feel..."

The bird now landed near Phil.

"... or what do you think of this bird?"

Tavjurn Phil

T

Phil placed his cup aside and reshuffled himself. Then he breathed in deeply and 'embraced the mountains'. Letting the Force flow through him and awaken his mind to the greater worlds beyond his own. His vision expanded, his thoughts drew themselves outwards. He became still, peaceful. His world distilled in golden light.

Then he opened his eyes and began,

"This bird is a part of nature. Our world, our place. He was placed here to learn, and to grow. Just like us. His spirit sings. His song is not my song, but it is beautiful indeed. A luminous being is he. Not just his crude matter. He is with the Force too. He is here with us as well."

Phil smiled and the bird flew away.

Ava Solborne

A
@[member="Tavjurn Phil"]

Equa carefully listened to the Apprentice's words while he looked at the bird. The sun gently warmed his back, but he didn't feel uncomfortable. And his thoughts had already changed. He tried to concentrate on Phil's words, making it his main thought.

"Well done! You have showed both the understanding of the Force and the understanding of Inner Peace. If you don't have any questions or things you'd like to learn, maybe we shall move on to Force abilities?"

He smiled.

Tavjurn Phil

T

Phil released his understanding and smiled.

"I'd like that. ...And thank you. I needed this."

He rubbed his knees together and looked out at the sun. It was good to be home.

"Where shall we start? Levitation, Mind-speak? I don't mind."

Ava Solborne

A
@[member="Tavjurn Phil"]

"Force sense is one of the basic things a Force-user needs. Without them, you are nothing. And telepathy is something which is also considered to be a Force sense ability. Is there any chance you are already able to use it or would you like me to teach you that?" Equa asked telepathically.

Tavjurn Phil

T

Teaching; Remembering. Could they be the same thing? It had been so long since Phil had felt the Force. So much time. He could hear Equa's voice like a whisper. An echo, so very far away. Could Phil reach it? He had to try.

Phil closed his eyes and embraced the Force. He drank of it's everlasting waters and swam in it's currents once more. His world filtered into gold and his eyes began to see. He was at peace, and here he could learn again. Return to the man he once had been.

~ "Yes. I can hear your voice Master. But it is faint to my ears. Like a whisper in the night. I fear it has been many long years since I have walked this path. It has been so long since I was a Jedi." ~

Phil seemed sad in the Force. It was his remorse he kept for himself. An emotion he kept too near his heart. A memory of times past. A sin engraved onto his heart.

Could he ever get over it?

~ "Hello Shaun. Ah, I knew you would return here some day. Hehe. It's been too long." ~

Phil's eyes opened and he was suddenly startled! Another voice in the Force!? That was... That was her! That was Meridian's voice. The beautiful and mysterious blond woman from his past.

The Jedi Apprentice suddenly jumped to his feet,

"Master. Did you hear that? Did you hear another voice in my mind?"

But Equa could not hear her voice. Her voice was for Phil alone. Her voice spoke only to one man.

"...I? I thought I heard something? There, in the Force. ...Could it be? Was it really her?"

He took a moment to calm himself again. Standing over by the window he pondered.

"Or was it just a memory? ..."

Phil was far away now. Lost in his own thoughts. Lost amidst the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom