Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Most Abhorrent of Sciences~

Deep within the bowels of Dromund Kaas, in a compound molded from black iron that snaked like a cancerous tumor throughout the rock and earth, the Emperor toiled. It had been a few days since Operation: Hammer, and despite the interference of the Army of Light, Kaine had gathered enough of the native Togorians to use in his experiments. They were taken off world and placed in dirty, ugly internment camps where they were either shipped off to toil in Imperial work camps all across the sectors, or shipped to the arena on Kalee to fight for the Imperial's entertainment. However; only a choice few were picked by Kaine to take part in his twisted experiments, and they were taken to his massive laboratory deep within the Underhold.

There they were strapped onto reinforced gurneys, and were subject to horrible mutilation and dissection as the Emperor's most trusted and skilled surgeons analyzed the Togorian anatomy while the patients were still conscious and alive. All of the subjects died a slow, and agonizing death at the skilled hands of the surgeons, but each death in Kaine's mind was one step closer to his true goal. He personally oversaw all of the operations with great interest, watching the blades and saws cut deep into the torso as the Togorian's organs were slowly removed. Kaine savored the moments when the life began to fade from the body, and he feasted upon the anguish and pain up until the heart stopped beating.

With the Togorian anatomy properly analyzed, the second phase of experimentation began. Samples were taken from the Akure Leviathan and transported to the Underhold, where the acolytes began an attempt to successfully infuse the Leviathan DNA into the Togorians, but each one ended with failure after failure. They bonded at first, but what was created from the fusion quickly deformed and died within minutes. Each subsequent try prolonged the creature's life by a few seconds or so, but nonetheless they all ended up dead at the end of the experiment. Frustrated, Kaine called upon his servant, Balaya, to lend her considerable skill into the experiments alongside Kaine, and hopefully they would actually get results.

@[member="Balaya Zambrano"]

@[member="Kaine Zambrano"]

Balaya was with Kaine and she looked upon the test subjects they had. So many things could come from all of them and so many thigns they had planned for them. A smile curled her lips at the thought of being back in her masters graces or at least not being on the short list of those he would kill when the time came. She had been working on technology for everything they could do with the lords of shadows, after the return of Val'ryss it meant their works might be accelerating and now her hands played over the vials of caries. A staple of corrupting with the darkside and the unseelie were around the area shambling and prepared. Keeping the darkside taint of this place heavy and almost oppressive to the ones who didn't love it.

"My master, these subjects are proving to be quite the sight and with them we shall have something lovely." She let a chuckle escape her lips at the thought of it all and had to admit she was enjoying herself a little more learning the deeper secrets from her master. She might not be as powerful as him but they did have a purpose of things to do and a purpose of what could be created here.

"Indeed, my apprentice. If only we could get the subjects to bond successfully with the Leviathan DNA, but so far it's been nothing but failure." He said in dejected disappointment, watching as another deformed creature was wheeled out of the laboratory, and taken to the crematorium to be incinerated in blessed fire. The scientists and acolytes cowered in fear at their Emperor's disappointment and rage, fearful that in an instant he might smite one to release his frustration, and indeed he had multiple times before this. Those burnt and charred bodies had already been removed from the laboratory, and destroyed in fire sometime later. Kaine had no use for the dead, and the dead were not allowed to continue existence so long as Kaine had not found perfection in his experiments.

"Damn them, damn them all." Kaine snarled angrily, obviously blaming his servants for his failure. He raised a single hand and executed one of the nearest acolytes with a lethal burst of lightning, tossing the corpse across the laboratory as the stink of burnt flesh and ozone covered the room. "Worthless... Worthless gnats, give me results or you all will perish!"

Balaya looked at the scene as another acolyte laid dead and she was thinking about ways to try and make it work. The DNA they wanted to bond onto the slaves was powerful and dangerous. Mostly rejected but she had a grin on her face, there was much she could do but genetic engineering was beyond her at least on this level. Half the process of building a good sithspawn was making sure they did as needed and could be viable... It was almost like smelting the proper metals to create a stronger one and... and her mind clicked. That moment of clarity that came from you getting a good feeling into your stuff. Balaya moved about and stood opposite her Emperor and spoke.

"In smiting one of the hardest metals to use is beskar, pure beskar at least it has to be worked and properly forged. You need to know the secrets of it, perhaps we are looking at this from the wrong angle my master." Balaya moved back and looked at the slaves more when she ran a hand along its face. "We might need to think simpler. As much as force is good you taught me subtly is far better when it comes to the sciences of alchemy. Maybe there is another species we could use to bind it all together, symbiogenesis can work a lot easier then brute force."

"Perhaps my apprentice... Perhaps. What other race would you suggest? As we speak the Blackblades are working tirelessly to repeat the process used at Togoria to enslave countless races that I have deemed 'undesirable'." Indeed it was true, right at that moment millions of beings were being rounded up by the Blackblades to be shipped off to newly constructed death camps across the Empire. The Togorians were only the first strike against those Kaine despised, and their world was being stripped down and foundries constructed to build new war machines for the Imperial Military. Should the Republic or anyone else find out about what he was really doing, then they would come for him.

And he would be ready.

What species indeed, there were a couple but she had one in mind. Their abilities were well known and their genetics pliable. "A clawdite, they copy the genetic makeup of some species. It would allow for a bonding agent as it were." A smile came to her face at the thought of another genocide or enslavement. More for the camps and more for them to handle as the time went on. It was all coming together though. There was far more coming from her masters mind and now she looked at the bodies while touching it. "Perhaps there is also some information in the holocrons? The ancient alchemists did create the majority of sithspawn. They may have some insights as well."

"The Clawdite you say? Hrmmm, a possible substitute. However; I am worried that their genetic makeup may be a trifle difficult to manipulate." When Balaya mentioned the Holocrons, he at first wanted to dismiss her notion, as he had extensively searched through the holocrons in the Imperial Archives. However; a thought hit him, that perhaps he had not looked at all of the holocrons in his possession, as the archives had been robbed by the Sith Lord Velok during Emperor Ardik's reign, and not all of the holocrons had been retrieved in the aftermath. Perhaps one of those missing holocrons held the secrets Kaine desired for his experiments. "You might be right... But we will have to track down those holocrons stolen by Velok, the ones we never recovered..."

Balaya thought about it, finding the holocrons would be... hard or at least finding them via Velok with him being dead or gone it did kind of put a hamper on things. Her mind was going over what they could do while she grinned. "Finding them through Velok would be next to impossible unless we scoured every world for his hidden bases but the other who was in the vault with him. Dissero do we know where he went? Perhaps your acquaintance with the Fringes commander can have them searching for him?"

"Velok's death does put a dent in our search, however; he wasn't working alone. Reports claim that Lord Dissero, whom was put in charge of safe guarding the archive, was a major player in the conspiracy. If we are to locate these missing holocrons, our best bet would be to track down Lord Dissero. Sadly after the heist he's completely gone underground, and off of our radar. None of my best agents has been able to successfully locate him, and to all official records he's presumed deceased, but I think he's still among the living." Kaine rubbed his hand across his facial hair, idly stroking it while he explained the situation to Balaya.

"Then we will have to scour the galaxy for him my emperor. Whatever comes we have the secrets of the empire to retrieve and preserve, with the fall of Ossus and whatever is happening wit the lowly wretches we should always be prepared. These sithspawn and some others could become the perfect guardians of it all. Whatever we have left in the empire needs to be preserved somewhere overambitious apprentice who think the empire is crumbling won't try and steal it for themselves. We won't endanger it."

"There will always be overambitious apprentices, Balaya. But they always fail in the end, you should know that most of all." He, of course, was referring to Balaya's failed assassination attempt via her own apprentice during the Coup of Tyrin Ardik, which failed miserably and led to the torture of both Balaya and her apprentice. "But you are correct, we will have to move our existing treasures from their current locations, and safeguard them well... I may have an idea on where as well..."

"Oh I do master, I do, though regardless of Alexandra's success I do not think it would have helped. Arcis cared to much on trying to play mindgames. It would have kept us from progressing forward or fighting." It mattered little though they might have a place to put things or they might have nothing more then just a ship loaded with all of it. Either way keeping the ambitious apprentices from losing valuable knowledge was something they needed and should work towards doing. "There may be more we can do, we have a few sith who are loyal. We could send them to check with the other groups of the galaxy. Maybe send Marcus to investigate the Fringe."

"Investigate the Fringe? An admirable idea, but would Ser Marcus be up to such a daunting task?" He wondered idly, but then again if the Emperor commanded Marcus to do so, he would have no other choice. "In a weeks time Lord Krag and I will be traveling to a distant world known as Sabarene in the Unknown Regions to meet with Ashin Varanin. Circumstances have forced us into a partnership, and we will be working to safeguard the Sith from possible annihilation. Thus I will have the Graug construct a compound on Sabarene, the largest they've ever built, to house quite a number of things. Artifacts included."

Balaya understood now and she gave a bow. That Krag was going with him made her gleeful or at least it made more sense. In truth allowing to many to know this would be dangerous but if only herself, Krag, Ashin and the Emperor knew what was there it would be easier to handle. No need to spoil the real secret. "Understood Emperor, I will await your return for the news to start transferring what we can from Korriban to one of the ships. So that we can secure it and hide it, no one will get this location not even the crews." Her face remained passive while thinking about the rest of what had happened. "Can I ask about her ladyship? The Empress, the last time I saw her she did not seem as interested in anything you had to offer."

At the mention of the Empress, Anara Valnor, Kaine blushed ever so slightly, a single fault in his control of his facial expression, but he banished it quickly. "The Empress and I have been talking at length together, and we've reached an impasse... so to speak." It's all he would say, let Balaya come to her own conclusions on what changed the mind of the Empress.

Impasse.... oh she knew what that meant. Balaya smiled at enjoying it and thought about one thing. Kaine had finally convinced her to partake of his sinful sith seed or more and enjoyed the time with the darkside. "Aye my Emperor so you curled her toes." She kept the grin while looking down and going back to working on the creatures. The need for experimentation was there still and now that they had refreshed most likely they could find something easier. Morphing and strengthening the creatures could be good, make some brutes while a thought came to her. These creatures were large enough and strong enough. "My Emperor we have another alternative, we could turn these togorians into battlelords."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom