Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Menagerie [Padawan Training]

Kixi listened attentively at Coci has she spoke and then George when he had said he had heard of the Art of Small before. Kixi had no idea what that was. Kixi shook her head in response to George's question. "No, this is the first I've heard of it". She finished her dish and wiped her mouth with a small cloth. Her dinner had been most satisfying. She felt rejuvenated. It was amazing what some food and nutrition could do for one's strength. She was ready for the night's final activity. "I don't think it's something we are going to ace in one night, but nonetheless I'm here to learn and will take on all challenges placed before me. I think we'll all be okay". She paused a moment and then formally introduced herself to the other padawans. "By the way, my name is Kixi".

[member="Coci Heavenshield"], [member="George O Rourke"], [member="Sverige Karm"]

Mysa beamed a smile at Coci when her Master allowed her to carry some of the rocks, and once they were distributed into her pack, carefully so as not to break the other things she had packed, Mysa placed it upon her back and waited for a few more moments. Then, as her fellow students set off, Mysa nodded to Coci "I'll remember" she said, before following after them. Naturally she was slower than the older ones, despite the fact they were weighed down considerably more than she was, but her expression was set with pure determination all the same.

At first the going was easy, she paced herself well and remembered her breathing exercises. But soon the weight became quite the strain, added to the fatigue she already had following Midvinter and Mysa was practically exhausted both mentally and physically, but she refused to give in. If the other students could manage this, then so too could she!

All at once she heard blaster fire which steadied her run to a crawl. Her eyes widened as she watched the droids smash into one another ahead of them, a gasp escaping her lips. She was very glad that everyone was okay! Still, she felt a little bit shaken at the unexpected appearance of the droids, and had to take a few moments to regain her breath.

Then she hurried up to where Coci had stopped the speeder bike and stared down at the crumpled scraps of metal and wiring. "Droids don't feel pain, right Master?" she said, the same way she had asked whether or not the trees could. Mysa didn't want anything to hurt, really. Hearing Coci's instructions, Mysa too stooped down and picked up a twisted sheet of metal from the ground, and watched as the older students grabbed the rest before she could pocket anything else. Darien would be sooo envious if he knew what she had just seen!

Rushing forward alongside the others, careful not to fall now that she was carrying metal, Mysa neared their campsite. She was glad that she was too small to have reached the droid in time to aid in its destruction, she preferred to fix things than break them after all! And she wasn't sure she could stomach killing something else so soon after the Vinterbound.

She placed the piece of metal upon the pile George had made and then wiped her hands of the slight traces of grease, before wandering over to where Coci was sat. Glancing to the pile of tents, Mysa frowned and wondered how she was going to manage this. She had never constructed a tent, or even a childish blanket fort, before. So she picked up one of the smaller packs and followed Coci toward where she was setting up, to try and copy how she did it.

Also, truth be told, Mysa didn't want to be too far from her Guardian. Who knew what was out here in the wilds!

But when she saw Coci cheat and use the Force the little girl frowned. Hm, how would she manage this?

She opened up her pack and tipped out all of the pieces, laying them out on the ground in groups. At the very bottom she found a flimsy sheet which had crude explanations on them. Well, Mysa was still not very literate, but the pictures she could get behind! Sticking out her tongue to focus she did her very best to follow the images. With not very much luck. She looked at what the others had done, and set aside the diagram. Best she just try and figure it out.

When she was finally finished Mysa felt certain that the poles were not in the right slots. But it was upright and it looked stable enough, so she proceeded to stabilize the ground lines to ensure it wouldn't fall away and then, absolutely exhausted, she wiped her brow and threw her pack inside.

Moving over to the campfire and to Coci the little girl dropped to the ground with a heavy yawn and picked up a canister of food. She ate in silence, eyes drooping with fatigue. Then she gulped down her water, set aside the empty container, and listened as Coci spoke about what lay ahead. Training with a lightsaber? Mysa's brief use of such had ended in her killing something... Did she really want to learn how to do it in a more efficient manner?

Then again, she supposed that lightsabers were there for defense, not to kill.

"What's Art of the Small?" she mumbled, the cold air helping to refresh her. As Coci disappeared she looked toward George, who was speaking about the Force Power. "What does it do?" she asked, highly curious.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="George O Rourke"] [member="Kixi Rajki"] [member="Sverige Karm"]

Sorry for such a late (and lengthy) reply!

Listening to Master Coci talk about the art of the small was interesting to Sverige it was something different from his main abilities he used and most definitely new to him. Stilling his mind and focusing on every question that was asked while waiting for a response seemed like the thing to do, waiting was the game,for this moment he knew sooner or later the question would be answered.

Thinking about how everybody had already introduced themselves he realized that he himself had not made the formal introductions with the others he turned to Kixi and George and introduced himself " I apologize for not introducing myself early on I am Sverige Karm but everyone who knows me can just call me Karm it's a lot easier to say." So he did with the rest of the students at the table.

After Sverige was done eating he got up and went ton what was supposed to be his tent area and picked up the bag of rocks that he had left there and felt the weight of them and thought about the training exercise that had been performed that morning and realized that there was test and he wondered if he had passed or not according to his standard of himself for in his mind he must be perfect at all he does even though he knows perfection is an impossibility he still would strive for that mark in his life. So he sat down and began to meditate waiting for the others to find finish eating.

[member="Sverige Karm"] | [member="Mysa Snowstrider"] | [member="Kixi Rajki"] | [member="George O Rourke"]
"Does anyone know?", Coci asked merging from her tent, just as she heard Mysa's question. Dressed suitable for the night, Coci had changed into something warmer and a light jacket, her saber ever present on her hip, a Jedi should never be without it.

She walked over to the group and sat beside Mysa. "The art of small, is a force technique that you will be able to learn, but .. it will take time and as you all grow stronger in the force and your abilities to be able to use it grow more 'natural', so you will with this ability. But training is everything, not only with me but in private .. you all should be self training when I am not around".

Coci stood up and prepared to leave. "This ability works with objects, matter on a microscopic level .. once you understand this, that all things have properties which they are made from of, you will learn to be able to change them and turn them into something else or 'conceal' its presence".

There is a small path by the edge of the campsite that will lead them all into the forest and if her information is correct, there is a clearing suitable for them to work in. "Shall we go?". No doubt they will have more questions and she will be happy to answer them.

Kixi like always was ready. "The ability to work with stuff at a microscopic level", she wondered to herself astonished. It almost sounded like science and Kixi loved science. Infact she herself had also been a scientist back on her home world, and in a scientific point of view had worked at microscopic and subatomic levels for a great many things. Now although different, she would learn to use the Force at a microscopic level too. Sounded exciting enough to her as she was the first one on her feet and enthusiastically said with a big smile on her face. "Lets go then".

[member="Sverige Karm"], [member="Mysa Snowstrider"], [member="George O Rourke"], [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] \ [member="Sverige Karm"] | [member="Mysa Snowstrider"]

George hearing a little voice asking about the art of small turned to see a little girl who he must have missed through the journey had sat down beside them. She too was ready for training to begin. "I really know anything about it to be fair. I've only heard of it." He replied realizing the lack of understanding he had. He only had a little head start from the rest of the group having heard the words 'art of small' prior.

However as Master Coci emerged from the tent she had adjusted for the evening with a small jacket and some warmer clothes. George however had only collected his lightsabers, that was about it. As Master Coci came over to the group and explained art of small to the group his smile grew. It was greatly interesting to George, changing ones entire structure through the force. The power behind it was amazing and he couldn't wait to try it out.

As Master Coci readied everyone to leave he stood up smile on his face and ready to jump in and get to work. He quickly gathered his rocks seeing that would be his objects for to day and returned to the side of his Master. "Thanks for letting us learn this from you Master. I guess it isn't something that is easy to learn. Changing one thing into another is quite remarkable." He said cheerfully as he plotted alongside ready to get the training under way.

This time Coci lead the way. Walking the path was not as easy as first thought, pushing overgrown branches away and undergrowth proved tricky and she ended up with small cuts through her clothes. But the night is cool and inviting to walk in. It took a good half hour to get there, not far by any means and soon the clearing came into view.

nature%20flowers%20forests%20sunlight%20artwork%20clearing_wallpaperswa.com_50.jpg

It is lovely here, it reminded Coci of a special place on Tabaqui that is known to Mysa and herself. This brought a smile to her face as she allowed her eyes to gaze upon the beautiful plants.

"Alright, please gather in the middle of the clearing and remove all your rocks, you will need five of them, and if someone is lacking enough please share if you have spare. When you are ready please sit in a circle in the center on the grass". Coci moved over to a fallen log and stood upon it, a better view from here. Her ears found the song of avian in the distance, restless in the night and she had to wonder if they are the famous birds of this place. Maybe tomorrow they could go and see them.
[member="George O Rourke"] | [member="Kixi Rajki"] | [member="Sverige Karm"] | [member="Mysa Snowstrider"]

It was a glorious night indeed, and Kixi had enjoyed the walk. She enjoyed this stroll as she could hear the natural beauty of the nature that surrounded her and all the creatures of the night. She had been tired from the day's training, but nonetheless she always had energy in reserve for pleasant walks like this.

Kixi unpacked her rocks. Master Coci had indicated that only five would be needed. Kixi counted six as she removed them from her backpack. She laid the five that she would need in front of her. The spare one she put to the side in case someone else was short a rock and needed it. She was ready. She made her way towards the centre of the grass where she would form a circle with the others. She replied to her master, "I was born ready Master", and chuckled. She was trying to soften the night by trying to add some vibes of amusement in the air.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"], [member="George O Rourke"], [member="Sverige Karm"], [member="Mysa Snowstrider"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Sverige Karm"] | [member="Mysa Snowstrider"]

As George followed Master Coci along with the other Padawans. The night was cool, somewhat different to what he had felt in the past. It was either scorching desserts or icy glaciers, not normally something nice. Well other than Voss that is. The weather on Voss was pretty nice, somewhat unexpected, but nice non the less. The trees and shrubs that stood in the way were easily brushed aside by the leader which was Master Coci.

After some time of walking they made it to a clearing. The Padawans were instructed to sit in a circle in the middle and empty out their bags full of rocks. George did both. He sat on the floor next to Kixi who had already found her spot and emptied her rocks onto the floor. She had one left over. As George followed suit the rocks came pouring out of his backpack, with a quick count he got 9. As he placed the 5 he needed in a small circle in front of him he pushed the rest to make a neat pile along with Kixi's extra one. He too was ready to begin. "Ready and willing Master." He replied to Master Coci as he took a few deep breaths, calming himself and allowing the force to flow through him as he got ready for the training to begin.

Jumping down from the log, Coci moved over to the Padawans and sat down on the grass. With an open palm she summon one of the rocks from George's pile and placed with before her on the ground. Looking at each in turn she spoke. "As you are aware, all things that exist in the galaxy has a structure. Form from microscopic parts of differing things and it is this understanding of what makes up a rock or piece of wood or a person that will have you succeed for not. The rocks in front of you have various minerals to form it and I want you all to try and change the structure of the rocks to make something else. By this I mean attempt to change it's shape. I don't expect a work of art, I only expect to see a minor change since this is your first attempt and most of you may not succeed which would be expected as well".

Coci cleared her mind, and focused on the rock. The force wrapping around it as her hand extended from it flowed her power. The rock rose into the air only a few inches and turned and as it did, the rock shifted in shape until it was a cube. "Focus, your mind by only allow the rock to fill your 'sight' and see it begin to alter".

She let the rock settle to the ground. "Now I would like you to all mediate and so doing focus on your rock". And when they are ready to try they can begin.

[member="George O Rourke"] | [member="Kixi Rajki"]

After attentively observing the Jedi master [member="Coci Heavenshield"], slowly transform her rock into a cube shaped object, it was time for Kixi and the others to do the same. She turned to [member="George O Rourke"] and excitedly said, "Alrighty now, here we go".

As Kixi lifted her rock into the air, she shut her eyes. She concentrated on the rock and her own life force. She stretched out with her feelings towards the floating rock. She slowly wrapped her thoughts around it so that she could feel as one with the floating object. She concentrated harder and harder, deeper and deeper into the rock that she now had been connected to by the Force. She could feel it's surface, it's insides, it's centre, as if it were now part of her own body. And then she could see it. The molecules, the atoms that made up the rock. In her mind it looked like one living object. Kixi concentrated harder, very deep in thought and made and attempt to move the rock's atoms in it so that she could manipulate it's shape. Slowly and surely they shifted position to the will of Kixi's mind. The rock began to change form slowly. However it only lasted for several seconds. The whole exercise so far had exerted tremendous amounts of energy from Kixi. The rock had changed form a fraction, but that would be about as far as Kixi would get with this tonight. She suddenly snapped out of her medative state, dropping the rock in the process, huffing and puffing as she slowly began regaining her breath.

[member="Kixi Rajki"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Sverige Karm"] | [member="Mysa Snowstrider"]

As Master Coci performed what the rest of us would try to do it was clear to all of them it wasn't going to be easy. George heard Kixi beside him excitedly say that she was ready. George was more worried, his focus and strength with the force wasn't great. His control over a lightsaber was much better. But then again, one must train in order to get better.

He looked at the rock in front of him and closed his eyes. Allowing the force to flow from him engulfing the rock. He was looking to mould it. Into anything that made sense. But it wasn't going to be easy. He pushed hard to change the rock. He pushed so hard against it, trying to change its shape. But it didn't budge. Not even a little bit. He relaxed and tried again. The round rock began to slowly flatten out on one side. Moving in a couple of centimetres before his mind broke and he lost concentration. He was only able to make a somewhat flat edge. He wasn't happy with it, but thats all he had for the moment. He had used up all his energy pushed the object that wouldn't budge. Was he doing something wrong? Or what? He couldn't tell. It was clear that it was frustrating him. He was sure everyone else would be able to do it. Why not him?

While the Padawans worked on their rocks, Coci focused on them through the force. She could sense their presence and their centered concentration, which she expected. They seemed to be getting tired and she wondered if they had had enough for the day. But Jedi are on duty without break and they would have to get used to this, she opened her eyes to see how they progressed.

"That is better than I expected", she said when she saw that they had altered their rocks even on a small scale. "If you are tired and want to go sleep, make your way back to camp if you wish. If you wish to continue take a break and examine what you have done and consider what you could have done more. I will take questions after this".

Kixi wasn't going to rest unless that were the only option that Master Coci gave. In her case she was given two options. Rest for the night or stay and examine what she had just done. Kixi knew what she had done. She had manipulated the genetic structure of the rock to the atomic level to change it to another form of her liking. She had to have done it, otherwise the rock would not have changed form in anyway whatsoever. So Kixi knew that she understood how to change the form or shape of the object, but that she just didn't have enough mental strength or ability to complete the task. That she knew is what she needed to be better at in order to be able to succeed the next time, or in reality, eventually after how many number of failed attempts beforehand.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"], [member="George O Rourke"], [member="Sverige Karm"], [member="Mysa Snowstrider"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

George was frustrated, but not ready to give up yet. "I'll keep trying." He replied as he went straight back to his rock. Examining it finding out how to mould this thing into what he wanted. Well it wasn't a big as, just flatten all the sides to make a cube. Easy right? Wrong. Couldn't be further from the truth. After he examined it and saw that only the bottom had changed. He returned the rock on the ground and closed his eyes. Focusing on the rock and imagining what the rock should look like. "Cmon, work." He muttered under his breath. He peeked his eye open to see no change. He let out a loud growl in frustration. He was at the point of giving up, this was out of his league.

"George you are trying to hard, just relax, concentrate .. ", she said in a soft voice. In time both of them will realise that this skill is only ever achieved by powerful jedi and not over night, if they are thinking that .. they will fail. The Art of Small, can be used in many applications but needs to be learned with time and patience. Having an understanding of it, how is works is not enough, Kixi will learn that one day.

"Gather the force around you .. pull it in and then reach to the rock, from the center of it work your way out toward the surface, as you do this change it from within. See the rock in your mind moving and changing into the shape your want it to be".

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Kixi Rajki"]

"Yes Master." He replied as he cleared his mind of the anger and frustration and looked at the rock once more, this time with a difference stance. He saw it as a rock, nothing more. He felt that if he believe it to be more than it is, he will fail. He must believe that it is a rock and the force will change it to what it is meant to be. He closed his eyes, visioning the rock once more. He kept focus and calm. Letting the force flow through him once more. In his mind he picked the rock up, seeing through it into the center, building it up from the ground. He saw as the structure grew, as it got to the edges it continued, it was no longer the odd shaped rock. It had become more than that. He envisioned a square rock, with smooth edges that rested in front of him.

He opened his eyes, the rock sat in front of him. It was a success, the sides were flat, the edges weren't exactly rounded, but quite rugged. Not to worry, it was a good first attempt. Well second attempt in the scheme of things. "I think it did it Master, look." He said as he lifted the rock up, feeling the edges as if they had been cut into shape. "Its not perfect, but its something I guess." He was proud of himself. He managed to achieve something he had not though possible only moments ago. He smiled.

Kixi needed more time to recuperate from her previous attempt. In the meantime she observed the young Jedi Knight [member="George O Rourke"] successfully, or at least succeed to some degree in shape shifting his rock.

"Impressive stuff."

Kixi called out to him, as she observed the man who would eventually take her as his padawan. Now she would take another attempt at the exercise too. She shut her eyes, concentrated once more on the rock's genetic structure, felt the molecules that comprised it and in her mind pictured what she wanted to change its shape into. She again exerted more mental energy than she was capable of or ready for. Her body began to once again tremble violently until she could bare it no more and stopped. She opened her eyes and found the rock half changed to what she had wanted to change it to, and half still in its original form.

"Well at least that was better than last time."

Kixi said exhaustively to both Master [member="Coci Heavenshield"] and George O Rourke.

"That really took a lot out of me mentally. I'm zonked out!"

They had progressed well in such a short time, which was due to their strength in the force as well as their physical and mental abilities. The changes they had made to the rocks substantial and in time both will learn the skill and master it. She only hoped they would use it wisely. "I am very pleased with your attempts, much better than when I first try this".

Coci stood up and moved to the edge of the clearing, the Padawans are tired and rightly so, much effort and strain on their natural resources and it was time to sleep. "Come, we will return to camp and our beds".

They all returned to camp in quick time and bid each other good night, on the morning they would make their way back to the ship to return home to Voss.

The End.
[member="Kixi Rajki"] | [member="George O Rourke"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom