Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Menagerie [Padawan Training]

Touch down Centares
Enchanted_Forest.jpg
[member="Kixi Rajki"] | [member="Mysa Snowstrider"] | [member="Kurogan"] | [member="George O Rourke"] | [member="Emiery Athelon"] | [member="Chashmona"]

E'ron-class Corvette, the White Dragon, touched down on a grass plain on Centares. On board is Master Heavenshield, at the helm, and her Padawans. The morning see a soft mist float among the trees that pepper the landscape, the gentle sound of running water soothing to the soul and feeds the mists, but soon the sun will burn it all away. Coci awaited her Padawans, as she stood knee deep in the long grass, the ships ramps lowered and behind droids sat upon the plain the supplies needed for this trip.

She had prepared them for what is to come, and hoped that they would be suitable dressed for the training. If not, they will quickly to be prepared next time. However, she stood in thought, thinking over her small group of charges, each one so different, in age, race and experience. And this will be a valuable experience for some of them, to get off world and see more of galaxy.

"General Heavenshield, your transport is ready", one of the crew informed her. General? she is not too fond of that tittle. "Thank you ensign".

She cast her eye over the bike speeder, and approved with a smile. "Now, where are my Padawans", she spoke aloud to herself.

Mysa was still considerably tired following the events which occurred on Midvinter. True, she hadn't even supposed to be there, I mean she was just a child after all, but she felt as though she had done at least a little bit of good regardless. Her tussle with one of the Undead Horde had drained her physically and mentally, she had never ever wanted to cause harm to anything, even if it was considered unnatural and evil. But she had a duty to the children and other evacuees, and she couldn't falter simply because of her own reluctance. All the same she felt it weighing down on her even now.

Breaking free from her thoughts, Mysa rose as the transport landed and followed Coci silently down from the ship. Standing just shy of her Guardian and Master in the long grass, the tiny Umbaran was almost lost beneath a sea of green. Her back adorned a rather heavy pack, which was filled with supplies and provisions enough for not only herself but others too - after all, a Jedi had to expect anything from every situation - as well as a few unnecessary things to bring added weight. It was uncomfortable, but she wasn't going to moan. Not infront of the woman who had taken her in and given her a home.

Her attire was well suited to the climate and the prospect of what lay ahead, somewhat tighter than her usual attire to keep her from tripping on loose ends, yet the material was highly breathable to stop her from overheating. As ever, little Éar was clutched in one hand, though he would be relinquished to her pack once the real trials began. She could not risk losing her little wooden protector, after all!

"Here, Coci--- I ... I mean, Master" she said, immediately correcting herself. Coci was to be used at home, at least in Mysa's mind. Out here she was a Jedi, a Padawan, and thus her Master deserved the respect of her title. Coci had earned it, and the tenets demanded she use it.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

"Right behind you, Master Heavenshield," she chimed in, stepping down the ramp and following [member="Mysa Snowstrider"], doubtless with the rest of her fellow padawans in tow - she being the eldest chronologically, aside from the Shistavanen, in the brood that [member="Coci Heavenshield"] took under her wing, "General?"

She had overheard, and it made her quirk a brow, scouring her mind for whether Jedi in her original time took such titles. Had it been when she was a child, or before her time, entirely? This far out, the details were mussed, and it was a strain to try and remember some things. The questioning word was more for her own curiosity than to beg any explanation. She shook her head, and stopped trying on this particular tidbit, and smiled to Mysa before looking to Coci again.

"I can say this is a world I've never once set foot on," she mused, "until now, that is."

Then she, too, cast a glance back at the hold of the ship, to await the others.

Apart from Coruscant, plus given a few worlds at the edge of the galaxy here and there, Kixi had not seen much of it. She had been to many worlds in her past distant travels, however she was alien to this galaxy. Nonetheless she was opened to the opportunity in exploring new places.

The White Dragon had only just landed. Kixi was eager to get off and begin her much needed training. She had experienced much, done much in her past that it had tormented and shattered her mind. Coci who was waiting for her and the other padawans outside, seemed relaxed as she waited. The landscape outside was beckoning, the air smelt fresh, just what she needed. She felt rested and calm. During the entire space trip, she had meditated in a deep and powerful form of meditation that Coci had taught her about called Alchaka. It had greatly helped her ease her mind, control her emotions and for the most part of it help her feel good. Yet her mind still felt shattered. She knew that had no quick fix, that it would take time. Afterall she had been through a lot. The flashes of images, things that frightened her still randomly occurred however. This she could not yet understand why. But at least the Alchaka meditation was helping for the short term relief.

Kixi walked off the ramp and into the high grass alongside her master Coci and smiled as she breathed in the fresh air. She was wearing shorts and a sleeveless top, plus heavy running boots. She wanted to be as light as possible, for the difficult tasks that lay before her waiting.

George was aboard the White Dragon along with a few other Padawans and Master Coci. They planned on doing a group training on one of the nearby planets of Centares. George much like many of the other Padawans hadn't travelled too far from Voss, a few surrounding planets here and there but much of the Galaxy was still out there for them to explore. Centares was one of these planets, just outside Coalition territory it was a perfect place to get some great training in with Master Coci and her other Padawans.

As George finished up his preparations for this mission he grabbed his small back and swung it over his shoulder. The single strap ran across his left shoulder as the knapsack sat on the right side of his back. The bag was small but it carried everything he needed, food and water. Otherwise he didn't need much else. He had his two lightsabers hanging from his hips and the force all around him. He was set to go.

As the ship landed he could see the beautiful landscape that awaited them, the grass was tall the mist was deep but it was still a nice place. As the ramp went down and Master Coci made her way off the ship two of the Padawans followed her. "Here I am Master." George spoke as he made his way down the ramp. The air was crisp and the soothing sounds of the water tinkling down could be heard in the distance. Master had chosen a great planet for this and George was quite excited. He had followed two of the other Padawans down the ramp, he had seen them before, but never spoke to them. "Hello, I am George." He introduced himself with a large smile. The broad Nautolan stood there knee deep in the grass. This was his weather, cool sunny and the mist around made him feel at home. It was much better then the desert climates he had been subject to during past missions and he was quite excited for what was to come.

[member="Kixi Rajki"] | [member="Emiery Athelon"] | [member="Mysa Snowstrider"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Chashmona was hanging in the ship a bit longer. She was drawing once again things. This time it wasn't about something dark, but something she had seen within the cave while she had been training in the Dark heart of the shadows. When she noticed more and more of the padawans leaving, "Ooh!" She quickly went out of the ship and ran within her padawan clothes out of the ship towards the meeting area. It took only a few moments before she yelled from a distance, "I am also here! Sorry, that I am late."

[member="George O Rourke"] | [member="Kixi Rajki"] | [member="Emiery Athelon"] | [member="Mysa Snowstrider"]
She turned to look at each one of them in turn. "This is a new experience for me as well. Not only a new place to visit and explore but to train in a group like this. I hope that this experience will enrich you all". Most notably Coci nodded to Emiery, knowing this would be her first visit outside of Voss since her arrival. The others, at least, had more experience with other worlds. Oddly enough one of the youngest of them having more.

Coci walked over to Mysa smiling as she looked down at her almost swallowed by the grass and stood by her. "Now we will begin the first part of training. I would like the adults to take up one of these packs provided for you. Discard your personal belongings, the droids will bring them for you when we reach our camp site". There will be an exception for the children, they could run if they wish, as best they could and when they tire Coci will pick them up.

"The packs are full of rocks, of all shapes and sizes and they have a purpose at the end of the run. Now, Mysa, Chashmona, would you like to run? you will not be carrying the rock pack, or would you like a piggy back with one of our Jedi here". This was also her call for a volunteer to take Mysa and Chashmona on their back.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Chashmona"] | [member="Kixi Rajki"] | [member="Emiery Athelon"] | [member="Mysa Snowstrider"]

As everyone had arrived and was ready for the training ahead Master Coci laid down the first part of training. Instructing everyone to leave their personal belongings, mainly everyone's bags and to pick up packs full of rocks. Reassuring the Padawans, Coci let them know that their belongings would be reunited with them when they made camp.

With the training also being with some younger Padawans as young as 6 she decided that if they preferred they could be carried by one of the older Padawans instead of the rock pack. George thinking that it would more interesting having another young padawan on his back offered. "If any of the youngins would like a piggy back I can take em." He said with a smile. He knew the training would be different as Master Coci liked to keep it fresh, much like their last adventure to Malachor V. It was very interesting, but he enjoyed it a lot. Thus working along side Coci was something he enjoyed doing.

Kixi looked around at all the other padawans. She mentally took an image of each one's face and mentally noted their names so she could easily remember who was who. She noticed that two of the padawans were mere children. Another of the padawans, George an unfamiliar alien being to her had already put his hand up to take one of the children on his back. He seemed gentile and kind. Kixi being an outsider wasn't used to seeing non humans often, let alone friendly ones. She made an extra mental note to herself to talk to him perhaps later on, in an effort to get to know him more. She might as well make the most out of the learning and experience that she would get from this place she thought to herself.

"I'll take the other child on my back, that is of course if the child wants to come with me", Kixi spontaneous volunteered putting her hand up as she offered. She had never dealt with kids before. This would be another new learning experience for her.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"], [member="Mysa Snowstrider"], [member="Kurogan"], [member="George O Rourke"], [member="Emiery Athelon"], [member="Chashmona"]

Mysa smiled up at Coci as the woman neared her, taking note of the others she had been on the ship with but not yet spoken to. The young girl had experienced many planets since she had been sent from Aurum, with Midvinter remaining her most favourite! In her mind it wasn't a lot of planets, but when you set it aside some who had only ever known one, she was fast becoming quite the little adventurer indeed.

The little girl chewed her lip in thought. Had Darien been here there was no doubt in her mind that the pair would've probably even asked for a little pack of rocks of their own! But he wasn't. So instead she simply said "I'd like to run please, Master!" Afterall, Mysa had gotten a lot of training in back on Tabaqui and Midvinter, chasing after little boys through snow and forests. And she had gotten very good at climbing! Surely her endurance would make it possible for her to go for a bit of a run?

She looked to the pair who had offered to carry the younglings, knowing that only one of them would get that task now and only if the other youngling wanted to be carried. "Thank you though!" she said. Feeling invigorated, having been somewhat exhausted by the events on Midvinter during the Horde's Invasion, Mysa was ready to take on the world! Or at least this training expedition they had come on.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="George O Rourke"] [member="Kixi Rajki"]

[member="Mysa Snowstrider"] | [member="Kixi Rajki"] | [member="George O Rourke"] | [member="Chashmona"] | [member="Emiery Athelon"]
She smiled at her Padawan, Mysa and crouched down in the grass next to her. "Gather around everyone", she said turning on a datapad. "Today we start off with the run to this location", pressing the screen, the Aviary co-ordinates popped up and a small write up of the history of the place.

"When we arrive, we will comence with more training and if we have time, we can explore the ruins. Equally I have not been here before, so I do not know what to expect to find, we can only hope some of the songbirds have returned".

As soon as they are ready they can move out. Coci will follow behind on the bike speeder to pick up any that tire from the run. "Mysa and Chashmona, you don't have to carry the rocks George can do that for you, since he was so eager to carry you", she grinned at them both. It might seem like Coci is hard on George, but the reality is that he is so close to a Knighthood she is testing him once more.

"So when you are ready. Begin your run". Coci walked over to the speeder and waited for them to head out. The run was be easy enough, a flat track narrow that would lead them directly to the Aviary.

She stood beside Coci and glanced to the route that was being shown, not that it made much of a difference - Mysa couldn't read maps, she'd never had any need to. Still, she figured that she could follow the others! Hopefully they wouldn't get too far ahead. Part of her wished her brother Theo was here, the pair of them were great adventurers! At least on Midvinter they were. Or maybe Darien. She missed the little boy she met on Tabaqui so much, he had been her first friend.

When she was informed that she did not need to carry the rocks, Mysa frowned a little. Yes she was extremely tired from defending Midvinter and the people in the village, but Mysa really wanted to do all that she could when it came to training. She wanted to be a great Jedi! And so she turned her head toward Coci and quietly spoke.

"May I take a few of them in my pack?" she asked, hoping for some sort of compromise. If Darien had been here she would've asked for all of them! But she wasn't feeling quite that confident right now.

[member="Mysa Snowstrider"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Kixi Rajki"] | [member="Chashmona"] | [member="Emiery Athelon"] |

As the group stood around waiting for further instructions he looked at the beautiful countryside that they would be training in today. The place looked like something you would find on an exotic holiday, not a training drill. But either way George was stoked.

As Master Coci crouched down beside one of the other Padawans she motioned for them all to join her. George did as such. Being the tallest he stood at the back as Master Coci went through the plan for the day. It sounded pretty good, a nice run through the country before some training drills and hopefully a look through the ruins if time permits. He was excited for it even with the extra rocks that Master Coci was going to add to his already full back. Something that he knew was a test but he would take it in his stride. How much extra was yet to be determined seeing that one of the youngins was prepared to carry some of the rocks. As Master Coci let them go George waited, to see what extra rocks he was going to carry.

Kixi stretched her legs, and then the rest of her body. "A run to the Aviary, that shouldn't be hard given the light clothes I'm wearing and virtually no equipment", she thought to herself. "Um not quite actually", she murmured to herself as she realised that she would have to carry rocks with her as she ran, or possibly the other child Chashmona who still hadn't decided weather she would run or be carried. George who had also offered to carry a child was now preparing his bag of rocks after Mysa the other child had decided to do the run on her own. Kixi had endured similar training in her past, so this wasn't going to at least put to much stress on her already fragile body. Nonetheless however, it was a perfect way to prepare oneself for the path that lay ahead, the real training, so she had to be physically prepared.

Kixi turned to face Chashmona and gave her a sweet smile. "So what is your name child, I am Kixi, would you like to run on your own, or me to carry you"? Kixi didn't want to be the last one at the Aviary so she figured that she would ask the child now if she wanted to be carried, so in the case that she didn't, Kixi could quickly load her backpack with rocks and be on her way.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"], [member="Chashmona"], [member="George O Rourke"], [member="Mysa Snowstrider"], [member="Emiery Athelon"]

Sverige began his descent from the ramp looking around at the planet and taking in the sight with awe and wonder never truly having left home until just a few months ago and now he was somewhere new with people he barely knew but was sure that they would all be well taught by the Jedi Master. As he began to look around he could see everything in the force and noticed that everyone there lit up in the force, " How wonderful to see so many luminous beings." He said, especially noticing the master and that she lit up like the sun on a small world.

As he noticed every one was paying attention to Master Coco and what she was saying he himself listened in as well beginning to relish at the events of the day and finally realizing that his dream of becoming a Jedi was at hand.

[member="Mysa Snowstrider"] | [member="Sverige Karm"] | [member="Kixi Rajki"] | [member="George O Rourke"] | [member="Chashmona"] | [member="Emiery Athelon"]
Before the run would begin, Mysa requested that she carry some of the load of rocks. Turning to her, Coci smiled, "Alright but not too many", she said while taking some to the rock from one of the packs and placing them in Mysa's back pack. "Remember I will be here if you need me".

Coci walked over to the bike speeder and kicked it into life. The droids had already moved forward and reached the night's location and began to set up the camp sight, there would be food and water waiting for everyone once they arrive.

"When you are all ready, please begin", she said after the newest of her Padawans had arrived for the run.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Sverige Karm"] | [member="Kixi Rajki"] | [member="Mysa Snowstrider"] | [member="Chashmona"] |[member="Emiery Athelon"]

As George waited on the younglings to decide another Padawan hopped off the ship. He didn't realize there were more of them. Anyhow most of the Padawans had already left and George had his increased load already set to go. With the answer decided, what he already had on his back was what he was taking. Which was practically two loads of rocks. Oh well you gotta do what you gotta do. "Alright I'll see you people at the other end." He said to the now small group of people that were still around. "Oh and Master, I'll give you a race to the finish line." He said with a chuckle as he turned and began his run.

The wind in his tendrils, the smell of the crisp air was brilliant. George was striding through, each step getting him closer and closer to the end. Then he could put the rocks down. They were heavy, but nothing he couldn't handle. They would rock around slightly with his movement putting slight pressure on his back, but he ignored it. Too busy with all the scenery and the smells. Something he did enjoy about the outdoors.

After hearing the course for the day Sverige began to look for a bag of rocks to carry, finally he found a bag that felt about 50lbs just right. Finally he began his run, before that though he heard one of the students issue a challenge to Master Coci and the group stating the he was gonna be first to the finish line and also beat Coci who was on speeder bike, we'll Sverige being the way he is that didn't take to well with him and his thoughts on the matter was simply this " Not if I have anything to do with it," was all he could think.

So he began to run after George following his light in the Force and looking to surpass him but not realizing that the 50lb bag of rocks was somewhat more of a nuisance than he thought it would be due to the extra weight putting more of strain than he realized that would hinder his speed, but still he pushed on. Barely catching up to George and still somewhat behind him he tried with every ounce of his strength to push just a few inches ahead with little success.

"Guess the kid will run on her own", Kixi said to herself. She quickly slapped on her backpack full of rocks. It was heavy. Not a problem she thought to herself. She concentrated with the Force to levitate it on her back. "Now that will hold it up while I run. Shouldn't feel a thing as long as I don't break my Force concentration", she continued thinking to herself.

George had issued a challenge to Master Coci, as did one of the other padawans. Kixi started running, "I'm going to beat you all there", she confidently said to herself. "Kixi assisted by the Force ran like the wind, but so did the other 2 padawans. She could see the other she had only just briefly seen before he started running struggle to keep up with George. Kixi overtook him and was now running neck to neck with George. This was going to be a tight race to the finish. And of course there was the main objective that all 3 padawans were set and focused on beating to their destination, their master Coci.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"], [member="Sverige Karm"], [member="Mysa Snowstrider"], [member="Chashmona"], [member="Emiery Athelon"], [member="George O Rourke"]

[member="Kixi Rajki"] [member="Sverige Karm"] [member="George O Rourke"]
She only grinned as her Padawans issued a challenge, Coci on her bike simply pushed forward to follow behind the younglings. If they required her assistance, whether they got fatigued or injured or worse, she would be there for them. The competition between them all however, interesting and a good way to past the time. But there is more to this run than simple exercise.

Shortly after they all proceeded into the run, they would meet up with an 'ambush', a small group of droids positioned to attack them with blaster bolts, set to stun. The Padawans would need to not only exercise their bodies, but their minds as well. It is a test on them to be aware of the environment, their surroundings through the force. Droids are not detectable .. but the sense of danger is and lets see if her Padawans have this ability and capability to .. multi-task. No sabers to use so what will they do?

With a great deal of leisure, Coci followed behind enjoying the sights and .. sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom