Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Mandalorian Enclave of Nevarro (Mandalorian)

Welcome to the Mandalorian Enclave. After the fall of Mandalore, many groups of mandalorians had fled from the systems of the UCM. They settled down across the galaxy on planets in secret forming Enclaves of Mandalorian survivors. They were a mix of clans and houses who set aside their differences for their survival. A Mandalorian Armorer had stumbled across the volcanic planet of Nevarro with a small group of fellow Mandos. It was in the outer rim and sparsely populated aside from a small settlement inhabited by moisture farmers, traders, and criminals. It was home to a small property of the bounty hunter's guild.

Below the settlement in the lava sewers and tunnels was the Mandalorian Enclave. Inside was home to many survivors from the fall. The warriors lived, trained, forged, and survived there. The Armorer had lead the Enclave on the planet and forged new armor with beskar or durasteel that was scavenged or reclaimed. Mandalorians are welcome to come and visit the Enclave to repair their armor or to rest with people of their own race.

(OOC: This is an Open Mandalorian Thread. Mandos are welcome to show up and RP with us here. Socialize, train, get armor, and weapons.)

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
Joti had been traveling with Darsch for a short time. Going from reluctant lone wolf to wisecracking partner in a matter of days, and now after the fall, here she was in an enclave she could never have hoped for. Considering they nearly blasted each other the first time they met, Joti was a little surprised that darsch trusted her enough to bring her here, but such was "the way" of the mando'ade. Though they squabble and fight, they are all one people.

Joti walks through the sewer tunnels, her helmet stays on and her weapons tucked away, more secure than normal. As far as she was concerned, this was a place of peace, as paradoxical as that may sound considering who lived here. Her loose rocket boots jingle like outer rim spurs as she approaches the enclave, glancing about her surroundings with curiosity, passing the lava flow.

"Well I'll give 'em one thing. It's Warm"

Darsch Vizsla Darsch Vizsla

Darsch had been silent the entire shipride there and when they disembarked from the Solstice. They walk through the sewer. She kept an eye on her partner from behind her visor. It had been awhile since they decided to get drunk and spill the beans on their origins. She didn't want to kill Joti if it had come to that. They arrive at a large door and Darsch approached the lock. She leaned into a microphone on the side and whispered some words in Mando'a. The door opens and the two are let in. "Welcome to the Mandalorian Enclave on Nevarro, Joti.. This is us now.. reduced to living underground in fear of being captured or killed.." She says entering.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Joti watches the assumed exchange of passwords curiously and then enters behind darsch.

"We'll make it work blue. Always have" Mandalorians had adapted to every environment known to them, tamed or hunted every beast, faced nearly every foe at least once in their history. Adaptation was their greatest strength, and this new era would be no different.

She watches as other mandalorians look up at the new arrivals, light gliding across visors as the smokey black lenses follow joti. She pays them no mind, but stays close darsch. She wasn't sure what clans were present, what grudges might still be clung to the hearts of various mando'ade, but she was in no mood to fight her own, and few would recognize her face, even fewer her strange armour.

"Nevarro seems like a quiet place. mostly.. I can see why they chose this place for the enclave. I wonder how many clans have gathered here"

"This place is quiet. It's perfect to hide out. Now come on. Let's go speak with the one I wanted to introduce you to." She says as she walks through the tunnels. Some of the Mandalorians recognized her gave a nod as a sign of a respect but they kept staring at Joti as they both walk through the enclave. They come across a small cantina for the Mandalorians to enjoy and to drink their pains away. Darsch sat down in a corner booth then removed her blue helmet. She sets it on the table and beckons Joti to take a seat as well. "She will see us soon. She is currently busy.." She says while nodding to other mandalorians.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Joti follows darsch quietly through the halls and into the cantina. She sits down not far from darsch, but she abstains from ordering, and leaves her helmet as is. Figuring that after that night a few weeks ago, it'd be better if she didn't drink. A decision she made reluctantly.

"I guess this is the part where I ask who we're meeting, and you tell me to be patient?" She chuckles to herself and leans on the bar counter.

"I should probably be thanking you though. I knew there's be stragglers out there, But I never imagined an enclave like this. It's... Relieving, in a way"

The citizens of Nevarro's humble settlement may have come to terms with the Mandalorians that had settled there. Perhaps the sight of the dusky visors had lost the appeal of being gawked at, or whispers spoken in the shadows. The glowing visor of the woman that strode through their streets at that moment, however, was not accepted so lightly. Nor were their actions ignored as the everyday actions of polite company.

Justicar Ascenda was Mandalorian. The Order had sought to take that from her; to break her and mold her into a dutiful Knight of Ren. For a time this pleasant illusion held until their government collapsed. Bereft of obligation, she had begun contemplating ever so subtle things. Even come to establish order on the world she'd been abandoned on with the collapse of all supply lines. The galaxy, however, was not orderly. It was a steaming pile of poodoo the likes of which needed a strong hand to correct.

In the pursuit of matters she deign not share with outsiders, the Justicar had begun to wander. If the galaxy was polluted with chaos and injustice, she would find the countless sources of the filth and root them out. Expeditiously, and without mercy.

If the people shied under the glow of her gaze, they were wise. Unnecessarily cautious as criminals would not need to fear her feigning disinterest in their activities; but to invite her judgment would be a fatal mistake for an average person.

She strode into the cantina and took a seat at the bar. While the rifle across her back might be expected armament, the lightsabers at her hips were another oddity of the announced visitor. "Water." Her vocalizer held the characteristic Mandalorian accent. It always had. They thought it humorous up until the day the Justicar cut her 'Master' down.

"We're meeting an armorer. Your armor needs upgrading.. It's admirable but unfortunately too ugly.." She chuckled then thought for a moment. Their first meeting, Darsch had insulted Joti's armor. This caused her to smile under her helmet but felt bad for teasing her partner. The Armorer was someone she knew from Deathwatch who Darsch had been friends with. He had helped Darsch upgrade her armor after the fall of Mandalore and the death of her ex-girlfriend. He had helped her with so much. She knew that he'd help Joti too with her armor. The Blue Armored Mandalorian shifted her gaze over to the new arrival in the Cantina. "Wow.. that's some nice armor.." Darsch commented watching the Mandalorian. An alarm went off in her head when she saw the lightsabers at her side.

Darsch quickly draws her Westars and aimed at the force user. "You wear our armor, yet you use the force.. Jedi and Sith scum have no place here.." She shouts at Justicar.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Justicar Ascenda Justicar Ascenda

"Gee thank- Wait... An armorer?... You mean, like the old smiths before the fall?" She couldn't believe it. Not only had the smiths of old survived, but there was one here, one that might arm her of all people.

"I'm... That's an honour that I have yet to earn, Blue"
She was right in a way, She had yet to hunt any beasts, her armour was still in fighting condition, no need of repair and more importantly there were few signs of battle to warrant an armorer replacing it. She was just another bounty hunter as far as most vod would be concerned, yet to prove herself beyond being a simple mercenary...

Her thoughts were dashed away as another, more sinister figure stepped in. She watched as she stepped up to the counter and asked for water, nothing out of the ordinary save that most here likely preferred something stronger.
Then she noticed the lightsabers, something that didn't sit too well with her but the Mandalorian "Empire" had accepted force wielders and others of their ilk into society, meaning that she'd seen enough to know that before the fall, you couldn't just go blasting everyone with a lightsaber.

"Blue!"
She stands up and puts one hand out in front of Darsch and the other on one of her DL-44s.

"Easy, We don't need this right now... We're all vod here, evens those who've made bad decisions"
She says in a cautious, quiet tone, and then looks to the new arrival.

"You got a name, vod?"

Darsch Vizsla Darsch Vizsla Justicar Ascenda Justicar Ascenda Ascenda

The armored figure stood before the counter, visor pointed across at the creature on the other side. A soft clink of regional currency dropped near that of a weak drink. A shout rose from behind as its owner leveled a barrel at her back. Her gloved hand reached forward to slowly retrieve the glass set before her without bothering to look back at the would-be murderer.

Then the voice of another occupied the silence that had fallen over the cantina. Some were on edge, ready to take flight while others wouldn't be an excuse to return fire if any stray bolts came within a league of them. As this other spoke, a tube extracted the water from the glass. A soft clink of the bottom edge atop the counter preceded the vessel being rolled flat between her and the bartender.

Slowly the helm of the strange turned to the side to regard the one that sought her name. "Justicar Ascenda." A beat passed as she regarded the one with the Westars, while noting Joti's hand perched atop her DL-44s. "Brandishing a weapon with the intent to kill is illegal in some parts of the galaxy." She plucked the refilled glass from the counter and turned to face the two that seemed less thrilled at her presence. "May I know the name of my persecutor?"

Her voice was as calm as a Spring day laying upon the green. The free hand did not reach for the saber at her side or the rifle slung across her back as she awaited the duo's next move. If they knew of her -- of her time persecuting the lawless as part of the First Order -- this situation could escalate rapidly. Obviously one of them held no love for any that used the Force; a complication she had expected even while hoping to somehow avoid it.

"Stay back, Joti.." The angry blue mandalorian spoke. Her grip on her Westars tightened. Whenever a lightsaber was around, it brought suffering and pain with it. Did this idiot just pull the law card on her?! There was no law here but what the leader of the Enclave laid out. Other Mandalorians around had their hands on their holsters and helmets turned to the three causing a ruckus. "I am Darsch Vizla of House Vizla! Why are you here, Jedi or Sith? Whatever the hell you are!" This would be the first time Joti would see Darsch lose her cool. "I've killed many of your kind in the past and I'm ready to add another to my count.."

How was this woman so calm about the situation at hand? Surely she'd be ready to do something about the gun pointed to the back of her helmet. The situation was dire and something bad will happen soon.

"kark..." Joti muttered. This was the last thing the enclave needed right now, and even if darsch could handle... whatever this woman was, this wasn't necessary.

"Ever heard the saying choose your battles?" She whispers to Darsch without taking her eyes off the oddly calm one. She knew of only two reasons for her to remain calm in this scenario. Either she was supremely overconfident...

Or the pair posed no threat...
Either way, Joti couldn't abide fighting another mando'ade needlessly.

"Well Justicar... Call me Joti" She says to Ascenda. "And we ain't here to persecute nobody," She slowly raises her hand away from her sidearm.

"Ain't that right blue?"

Darsch Vizsla Darsch Vizsla | Justicar Ascenda Justicar Ascenda

"I am neither Jedi nor Sith," the Justicar replied with the same poise she'd held so far.

The glowing visor shifted slightly toward 'Joti,' as the other female introduced herself. She even calmly removed her hand from the holstered weapon. Perhaps this one did not intend to persecute another so openly or with as much fervor as the unidentified woman -- 'Blue' as Joti called her.

"I abide the jurisdiction of this Enclave, however," her helm turned back in Blue's direction, "I will not abide attempted murder." Perhaps they did not care for the needless drawing of weapons here. In and of itself it might not be truly harmful and thus the Justicar could let it go. If Blue, however, persisted and discharged her firearm... Well, as a self-proclaimed living embodiment of Justice there was naught a Justicar could do by respond.

"We should sit. Talk. Drink." All socially acceptable things normal people did. Not her strongest suit, but a damaged Mandalorian could try.

A growl was heard behind Darsch's blue helmet. She wanted to blast her in the head. Jedi or sith or in between, She didn't care. A click from her blaster pistol is heard. Anger washed over Darsch. She was about to blast the force-user then she said that they should set aside their differences instead of fighting. This made Darsch even angrier. This person dares to say she's Mandalorian. It was poodoo. Her gun clicked again with the safety of the pistol coming off. "Say your goodbyes, you-" She stops as loud heavy footsteps are heard.

The Blue Armored Mandalorian was caught in the act by Gold Armored Mandalorian. His heavy footsteps neared the three as his large gloved hand sets itself on her arm. "There is no need for this violence, dear. She's one of us. No matter what.. This is the way.." He says looking at Darsch. The rest of the bar area repeats the saying and continued their business. He sat at the bar next to Justicar and beckoned the Blue and Red Mandalorians to sit down. "Apologies, Dear." He says to Justicar before removing his golden helmet and setting it down on the bar counter. His face looked alot like Darsch. "Sorry about my niece's attitude.. She's just seen alot of force-users who harmed those close to her. After all, she'a a former member of a group that killed force-users.." He said sternly but with a calm yet gentle sort of attitude.

"Darsch. Sit down." His smile faded looking at his trouble maker of a niece. He wanted to greet her friend first. In his mind he thought about her very strange armor. "You have a very strange set of armor.. Sit. What is your name?" His smile returned.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Justicar Ascenda Justicar Ascenda Darsch Vizsla Darsch Vizsla

"T-this is the way!" She says as the armourer enters and Initiates the sudden chorus of the old mandalorian saying.
She watches closely and in total silence as the armourer converses with Darsch and ascenda.
Soon the armourer turns his attention to joti. She does as he says, and sits, hoping that darsch would do the same. or at least ignore the force wielder for during their conversation..

"Everyone always says that..." She sighs, producing little more than static through her vocal enhancer.

"Joti" She says with a nod to the armourer. "Joti. Just Joti"

Darsch Vizsla Darsch Vizsla | Justicar Ascenda Justicar Ascenda | Arno Vizla Arno Vizla

Her uncle had just entered and defused the situation between all of them. It was obvious that she had made him a bit angry. After all, she was the main one causing a ruckus within his Enclave. Finally things had seemed to deescalate. Maybe Darsch was overreacting or she just showed her partner and everyone in there the obvious signs that she had PTSD. She has seen some screwed up crap in the past that's left her broken and scarred. It was the torture at the hand of a Sith that finally broke her. Every time she saw a force user, hate and pain grew inside her. All the different scars on her body from those years. She snapped out of her episode or breakdown. She sat next to Joti and her uncle. "I'm sorry, Uncle Arno.. I'm sorry, Justicar.. I've just.. been through a lot.." She mutters to the three. That wholesome smile her uncle gave made her feel at ease.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Arno Vizla Arno Vizla Justicar Ascenda Justicar Ascenda

The Justicar's helm turned almost imperceptibly further in Blue's direction. The desire to kill was unmistakable. A quiet click of a blaster readied to commit to the task at hand picked up by her receptors. It would be unfortunate, but perhaps unavoidable to kill a Mandalorian in full view of the rest. Perhaps they would not care as the battle was fought justly, or perhaps they would feel as this one did and cast her out. Even if she was sent away, however, Ascenda could not stray from the path. An attempt to kill her must be answered.

The Force swelled within as the Justicar readied to respond.

Then a voice intruded upon the trio. A subtle shift in the Golden one's direction followed. The Justicar was as still as a statue for a moment. The words... It had been ten, no at least thirteen years since she'd last heard them. Before the Order, before Ren. Her tongue felt uncharacteristically heavy. How many sentences had she dispensed? Many resulting in immediate executions. Yet there she was feeling a weight with such a simple phrase.

"This is the Way." The words were evenly spaced and level. Some might consider it passionless. It was, however, the voice of the Justicar and that could not be changed by the recollection of a former life.

A part of Ascenda remembered that person. Rare did its influence surface; though it did surface. It brought them here. Among other Mandalorians. With the First Order's -- even momentary -- collapse, the Justicar was free to explore. It would have been unfortunate if Blue had been subject to summary judgment. The offer to drink had been to divert the woman's attention to something else; perhaps an ineffective means, but it was impossible for Ascenda to remember whether combat was the 'Dark Side' influencing her actions or because it was the Mandalorian way. She too had trauma to contend with though it was nay impossible to see with the armor that had become her face to the world.

Slowly, the Justicar took a seat at the Armorer's behest. "I am Justicar Ascenda," she repeated for the Golden Armorer's benefit. "My armor..." a brief pause followed, "holds the influence of outsiders. I have become more than what it was meant to signify." A twisted reflection of her heritage to ply pressure to her psyche years ago; when she was new to their Order.

"We... we all have, Blue" She gives Darsch a single pat on the shoulder, more of a simple tap on her pauldron, really.
She watches justicar closely, trying to "figure her out", or rather, trying to decide if she was the kind to come back for revenge later. To her, ascenda seemed nearly emotionless, almost like a droid in a way. She couldn't decide if that was a tactical choice or the result damage sustained through the rigors of war. It should have unnerved her, but in this day and age, she'd met her fair share of mandalorians turned to near machines. When ascenda finishes speaking, she decides that she had learned what little one could by simply looking at an woman.

She turns to the counter they had been sitting at and orders three drinks, setting a handful of credits on the counter.

Darsch Vizsla Darsch Vizsla | Justicar Ascenda Justicar Ascenda | Arno Vizla Arno Vizla

"Well, Joti.. Justicar.. Welcome to Nevarro. This is one of the last groups of Mandalorians in the Galaxy. We keep going though.." The Golden Man spoke. "I'm sure you have been acquainted with my niece, Darsch. Probably the only family I have left other than my fellow clan members who survived the fall." His wholesome smile disappeared for a moment. In his mind, Darsch was that happy little girl that his younger sister raised on Concordia. Soon that wonderful smile had faded to a look of depression and sadness. Only thing that got her to open up was alcohol. "Anyways.. What brings you all here to Nevarro? I'm sure Darsch didn't come to say hi to your old cool uncle.." He said with a chuckle. He taps on the counter and the female mandalorian clad in her armor pours a drink for him and the other three.

Darsch Vizsla Darsch Vizsla | Justicar Ascenda Justicar Ascenda | Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom