Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Lucky find of Echol'ya [Star, Gray]

Echol'ya, out of the way of anybody's territory, had just what Dominik needed. Besker. Small deposits, but it was needed. He needed the metal if he was going to go on with his agenda. He didn't know what it looked like while in cave walls or... where it even showed up. So he brought [member="Stardust"] and [member="Gray Raxis"] , both with the Mandolorians. Hopefully they could help him.

Gray had experience with both the mining of beskar and the planet Echol'ya. He had been asked to help [member="Dominik Borra"] with a project of his. He had flown to the planet in his ship with Dom and his fiance [member="Stardust"] . He knew of a few mining operations on the planet, and not of all of them actively being used. One mine in particular was abandoned due to a cave-in in one tunnel and the lose of financing for the place. It had been forgotten as well, so the contents were ripe for the picking. The only thing they needed to do was bring their own equipment and be cautious. So that is exactly what they did.

Gray had the ship landed in the mine's landing area. He stepped out of the hanger down the ramp in a set of mining clothes. An energy pick was rest on his shoulder and a helmet on his head. The helmet was specially designed for the occasion. It contained an air filter for the dust and possibly poisonous gas as well as a light for the darkness. He looked around and saw that it was just as abandoned as he had heard. He said as he walked toward the mine entrance, " Well it is time to get inside there and hope we come out with something good. How much ore did yall want and did you want to refine it into ingots afterwards?"

Mining some beskar...now mining was something she hadn't done in awhile and was sure eager to do so,

She walked out with her love [member="Gray Raxis"] as she smiled dressed with mining clothes a basic helmet that filtered dust and poisonous gasses however no light...as her eyes adjusted to low light perfectly

About as much as we need"she said and smiled

[member="Dominik Borra"]

"Enough to make armor. I need it against those glowsticks everyone seems to have." He smiled, still feeling out of sorts being out of his armor. He wore the same things they were wearing. He kept one of his pistols next to him, never sure what he'll find. "Let's just get in and out. I don't want anybody breathing down our backs." He followed the two lovers, his pick resting on his shoulders as he kept an eye on their six. This would be the second time they entered a mine together. Except, this time they were actually here to mine. "About ingots... sure. That would probably be better." The equipment to do that should be here... right? He just hoped that [member="Stardust"] and [member="Gray Raxis"] new what they were doing with these picks. Being trapped in a mine was not something he wanted to do.

Gray just chuckled at both of their comments. They wanted to take as much as they needed? Well they could do that, but he was going to take as much as he could to sell. He had plenty of access to beskar back on Mandalore and Concordia, but other people out in the galaxy were not so lucky. There was sure to be a lot of people interested in the metal, and a profit to be made from it. It seemed that SocMin Fed just got a new operation going right that moment, because Gray was going to capitalize on the opportunity while he could.

Gray looked around the place as they got closer to the way into the mine. He was hunting down for something specific, and he just saw it. There was a pile of six mine carts sitting off to the side waiting to be used for their purpose again. As he pointed to them he said, " Ah there they are. Everyone grab a cart and then follow me into the mine. I want to take as much of this stuff as he can afford to with us. Screw need on this mission. We are going full on greed. Dom feel free to take your share for what you need and we will take the rest to sell. Can even get you some payment from what we sell if you like." He went over and grabbed the cart as he finished speaking and then went into the mine.

Gray turned on his light as he got into the pitch black of the mine tunnel. It was clear the energy cell for the lights had run out by now. He wasn't sure exactly when it had, but it had. He lead the way as he examined the walls and floor of the shaft. He followed it straight until he saw the beginnings of a vein and then turned right down a tunnel. He followed it a short ways in then stopped. He said as he got it pick out, " Alright this vein looks ripe still. They must have just gotten to it before they abandoned the mine. See this coloration here?" He pointed to the spot to indicate his point then added, " This tells you that there is beskar here. Start digging this out and any rocks with that coloration in it will work for ore so throw it into the mine cart. Don't push yourself too hard on quickly getting it and keep your ears open just in case for a cave in. The shaft looks stable, but they can be tricky some times. Got it? Good. Now let's dig." He went right into mining out the ore from the wall in a timed pace.

[member="Dominik Borra"] [member="Stardust"]

Stardust smiled grabbed a Cart and hummed a lil tune to herslef as they started down into the mine feeling the light leave as her eyes adjusted so she was seeing in night vision mode before she looked around found a nice vein"eh got one over here* she said and started carefully mining the ore"

Soon she started singing because she felt extremely cheerful and grinned looking at the two"
https://youtu.be/ytWz0qVvBZ0

[member="Dominik Borra"]
[member="Gray Raxis"]

Dom listened carefully as he grabbed a cart and followed the two into the mine. He turned on his light as soon as he could, pick in one hand and the other on the cart as he pushed it. As [member="Gray Raxis"] pointed out a vein of ore, Dom looked at it carefully before committing it to memory. Then he moved on from there, going a bit deeper and finding his own vein. He was new to the energy pick, but he wasn't new to physical labor. So he started swinging, keeping a beat almost with the tune that [member="Stardust"] was singing. He smiled, glad about two things. He was finally getting this ore, and the group of them had grown a little closer. And for some reason, they all involved mines.

Gray had gotten himself enough ore to fill up his cart full of the precious material. He took a moment to catch his breath as he felt his body covered in sweat. He said, " Alright, I'm going to go to their on site refinery and smelt this ore down. Bring your carts when they are full to me and then you can either fill up those other carts or can stop. Either way, we should have a decent amount of beskar by the end of all of this." He put his pick in the cart on top of the ore and began to push it out of the mine. It was heavy and hard labor, but worth it for what they were going to get out of it.

Gray got to the smelter and started it up. It had not seen use in awhile, so it was a little slow to awaken. The fires began to roar to life and bring warmth back to everything as he loaded up the first set of ore into the smelter. As soon as it was fully back to life, he pushed the mash of metal and stone into the flames. He kept his eyes on the material waiting for the tell tale sign of the beskar separating itself from the bindings of the rocks and minerals holding it into the unusable mess it was in. When it got to the point he was satisfied with the look of it, he pulled it out of the smelter and poured the liquid metal into molds for ingots to be formed as it cooled. When he had done all of that, he emptied the left over rubbish on an aged pile of it then loaded the next batch in.

Gray kept this up until he had all of the ore smelted into ingots. It was hot, heavy work but he didn't stop until it was done. When it was, he called for them to help him load the ingots into crates so they could transport the metal. This was an exhausting trip, but at least it was honest work. He had gotten about fifty pounds worth of beskar from his cart of ore, so theirs would likely be the same. He looked over it all satisfied as he said, " Well hard work today, but I think it was worth it. What do you two think?"

[member="Dominik Borra"] [member="Stardust"]

Stardust hummed gently as she finished her cart and moved up toward the surface eyes adjusting once again before she got to the smelter and began workimg"ahhh that was fun"she said wiping her forehead

@domonik borra
[member="Gray Raxis"]

Dominik watched as Gray wheeled his cart down, then got back to work. His own cart was to the top, but he knew the armor he wanted would take a bit more than normal. He kept swining until it was a big mound over the cart. There wasnt even enough space for the energy pick, so he just held it as he pushed the car, following the two.

Once to the refinery, he helped Gray as much as he could to smelt the ore. He wasn't sure how it worked, so he watched a little, learning, before pitching in. In the ingots that cooled, he could practically see his armor. "Very, very worth it." He smiled.

[member="Gray Raxis"]
[member="Stardust"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom