Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Lost Base Mystery

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

Hearing the child speak so boldly, made Velox almost chuckle. If only that child knew. It was strange how the child reacted to her eyes. The tell tale signs of a Sith Warrior or Lord. That Sith Lord that decimated the child's family, must have worn a mask or helmet. Receiving Talohn's message agreeing with her was good at least. They both understood that the child knowing that Talohn and Madlad making friends with a Sith Warrior might cause them to run off when they go planet side or even act distant. Best keep that bit of information to themselves. His thoughts on becoming a Sith and the method of how a apprentice is trained being the kind of life he refuses to live made some sense to her. Not everyone who is pulled by the Dark Side of the Force wishes to go through the same thing the Sith Apprentices do. But she did go through it, and found herself stronger because of it.

When Madlad talked about how he had some wrong data from corrupted or even degraded databanks rattling around his processing units kind of make Velox slightly feel bad for the droid. Slightly. It was obvious that he was above a normal droid's capacity for communication, personality and skill. Talohn really must have put a lot of effort into him. "It's admirable that you both think of each other that way. Most of the droids I ever encountered were simple or had overly simplistic functions and codes. You're something new," Velox said before thinking about how much she'd have to learn about the galaxy again. It's a long way to go. "You might want to get some of those data files fixed when you can. Misinformation can sometimes lead to heavy mistakes," Velox advised before relaxing in her chair. Her mind wandering through everything she had done in the name of her Master, the Sith and the soon to be War between the Jedi and Sith once again. All of it was for squander. Unless and without any form of reward towards her.

"My sentience is an accident, a terrifying one in it's own way. Most creators would end my sentience immediately. Talohn saw more than that in me. For that, I am thankful. Talohn is good at.....helping the lost be found. I am not a kind droid, I take great pleasure in breaking the spines of my foes, and slitting the throats of my enemies. Yet that is where most droids stop in terms of emotional function. I feel more.... Talohn refuses to give anyone else my programming specs however, as he believes a thousand madlads being thrust upon the galaxy would not be good for anyone. I agree." It may occur to her that Madlad is built like a commando droid from the clone wars. Flexible, tricky, deadly, the intelligence only making it ten times so. Talohn is wise to safeguard this droid's sentience.

The droid takes a long moment to stare at the sith when she goes silent, then shows an even more shocking show of sentience, beyond most droids. "You are confused, sith. All that training to kill the jedi and end them forever, only to have it swept from under your feet by a stasis pod. What was it all for? All those years of pain....suffering..hardship, with no payoff at all. Tell me....Did you have plans for when it all paid off? When the jedi were gone, when the war ended. What did you expect to be paid with? What awaited you beyond the service of your master, Darth Velox? Find the answer to that, and you will no longer be lost."

Darth Velox Darth Velox

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

As Madlad talked about himself, Velox listened even though she didn't show it. This droid was unique, and Talohn was smart for hiding it. It's built was even more odd. She never did see what came of the Wars her Master talked about. Maybe this was a product of it, or what came after that. But his sudden ability to tell what she was pondering made her mind go on edge. Every word he said caused anger to build more and more till she quickly took off the mask and looked the droid dead in the eyes. Hate and fury in them. "Enough!" Velox shouted, her anger boiling over. After that burst, she looked to the floor then away from the droid. Silence reined over her for a moment before she spoke.

"I thought that I would be able to see the end of it all. The final moment when we stood up tall above the remnants of the Jedi and the pathetic order they stood on. To finally be out of the shadows and be known as the Phantom Sith Warrior, DARTH VELOX!" She almost shouted that last bit before composing herself. "But now all of that is gone, I don't know what happened to the Galaxy I was born into and I don't know why I was left abandoned." Her voice was almost sad yet still seeped in anger. "My Master saved me, and raised me to be a deadly assassin that no Jedi could match. So why leave me? What happened to him? Maybe that will give me some peace," Velox said before standing up and heading for the lift. "I'll be meditating. Don't bother me unless Talohn gets into contact with us," Velox said, her mask being placed on her face again as she took the lift down and heading towards the Cargo Hold. She had no intention of meditating. But instead going through all the equipment, pieces of tech and much more that she had stored inside this ship. One push of a button on her gauntlet deactivated any camera into the Cargo Hold. She may trust Madlad to pilot The Hunter, but not enough to invade her when she was away.

When she yells enough, Madlad stops talking, he looks her in the eyes as she yells at him, not a hint of fear. When Velox finally speaks her mind, Madlad nods, it was as it thought. "I apologize, I did not intend to cause discord within your soul. I...was simply looking inwards as I was speaking. I looked inward and thought.....how would I feel if such a thing happened to me? It seems we are of a similar mind. I am sure that you, Talohn, and I will accomplish great things together." The droid states as she wanders to the cargo hold.

The droid does nothing suspicious on the video feed, other than standing still momentarily in a sort of ponderous silence, before having the ship take off to follow Talohn's freighter.

Darth Velox Darth Velox

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom