Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Feature The Long Awaited React Toggle

Status
Not open for further replies.

The game changer has arrived.

Free yourself from internet validation.

Unshackle your experience on Chaos from the burdens of attention.

Remove the power from internet 12 year olds.

Now introducing, the React Toggle.

Link for the lazy:
https://www.starwarsrp.net/account/preferences
(Found under Account Menu > Preferences)
euQMddE.png

Finally.....maybe people will stop reacting to me with that totally aggressive Obi-angry faces and those uncomfortable sexual harassment love reacts.

I have no idea why people are so sensitive to react emojis. They all go to the same place a number on your account that as it clicks up you have a chance to go on some leader board. It's not like the negative ones reduced your number to try and get on the board.

I have no idea why people are so sensitive to react emojis.

Set the scene.

You dont like a person.

This person doesn’t like you.

You have asked this person to leave you be, you’ve blocked them on Discord, on SWRP. You just want your coffee and your rp.

You did the mature thing, went your separate ways. They didnt do anything to get banned.

You don’t have react notifications set, but you notice in your private threads this person has begun leaving love reacts on your posts. Like reacts, oh yeah reacts, whatever reacts.

Despite your attempts to do the mature thing, this person is still spending time finding ways to remind you they exist. They are abusing a mechanic to find a way into your mental space. They did not go away when asked.

This is harassment, and it’s malicious.

And they deserve to be banned for it.

Now apply this to cliques, groups, friends. I’m with you, I think the reaction to this is over the top, but I also do not wish to belittle the situation because that 1% of people who are malicious, who do harass, they exist.

We ban the behavior, but we also provide tools to the community to combat this and give them peace of mind.

I do not intend to convince anyone in this community of one way or the other, thats impossible and me defending my mental space. But take a look at the birds eye view. These complaints are not wholly without merit, no matter how “soft” the react complaints seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom