Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Lions Den

yGYay8D.png

Objective: Meet with Yula Perl at her apartment
Tags: Yula Perl Yula Perl
Attire

Ever since the disaster at the Gore concert, there had been more questions than answers. Not only just from what happened, but with the increased vigilante and Jedi presence on the planet. Cartri had a gut feeling there was more to this, something which spelled bad news for the members of Darkwire if they decided to peek their heads into their business. On the day of the concert, he saw Yula and Corin Trenor Corin Trenor on the roof looking down on the scene. If anyone was to know anything of the Jedi's plans or who the hell that kid was, it would be her.

Out of respect for Yula, he messaged her a few days beforehand to check if it was alright to come over, considering Xan Deesa Xan Deesa almost died the last time she tried to break down her door unannounced. Once he was given the all clear, Cartri traveled to the hideout the next day and waited outside patiently for the woman. The ginger trusted the Jedi enough not to come with any weapons. If they wanted to take him in, they would have done so by now.

<<"I'm outside, alone and unarmed">> he said through a message on his datapad next to the entrance. He didn't want to be standing out here any longer than he wanted to be​

Last edited:
The grate of the garage rolled up partially, just enough for Yula to give Cartri a bemused look.

"What is this, a hostage negotiation?"

She picked the cigarra from her lips and tossed it to the ground, stamping the butt out on duracrete.

"Thanks for not breaking down my door."

Stepping to the side, she waved him in before sliding the grate back down. A few button pushes and palm scans later, and the security system was back in place.

"C'mon upstairs, I put on some caf." Leading him up the stairs to the apartment proper, the pair would find themselves in Yula's living room. The Zeltron drifted to the kitchen, futzing with the brew machine.

"This about that weird concert with the orphans an' the dead body?”

Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll

yGYay8D.png

Attire

"Very funny Yula, but I ain't taking any chances considering what you did to my sis that one time" Cartri smirked and walked over, offering a brief nod to the comment of not breaking down her door "Well, It's only respectful to let you know I'm coming first" which was probably better than getting vaporized of course.

Cartri walked inside and watched the grate go back down behind him, leaving the ginger alone within the walls of the Jedi's holdout. He walked up the stairs with her and found himself in a living room "Thank you" he said politely as he sat down on the comfy sofa. He wasn't a shabby place by any means and was always well protected by Yula's traps.

"Partly, I've mainly come here to discuss if you know anything about the rising vigilante and Jedi presence on Denon. That kid you were with, I've recognized his mask before" Cartri had seen videos and images of the things he has done on the planet. He didn't mind it by any means, but if he and the others start poking their heads into Darkwire business? that was a different story.​

The clattering from the kitchen ceased as Yula poked her head out. Dark green eyes narrowed at Cartri—not necessarily suspicious, but certainly scrutinizing to a degree.

Yula's feelings on Dagon—and subsequently Corin's vigilantism were complicated. She'd berated the former for trying to play hero since before they'd even gotten together. There'd been only one of him then, but as the years slipped past, so did the number of Jedi kids running around the district. She had thoughts about that—Yula wasn't confident that half of them knew much about Denon beyond the fact that it was a good setting for a vague cyberpunk dystopia. The new Nar Shaddaa. Everyone wanted a piece.

"You sound like a cop." She snorted, rummaging around through one of the cabinets for a pair of mugs. "Where's this coming from? One of em bust you and now you want revenge?"

Would be real awkward if Dag or Corin decided to come home right about now. Pouring two cups of steaming black caf, she made her way over to Cartri and offered one.

yGYay8D.png

Attire

Cartri chuckled at the comment and slowly shook his head "Ha, I doubt they'd let a ginger like me onto the force in all honesty" he joked to Yula, knowing it was quite a forward question to start with. He was trying his best not to be too demanding, but if they were going to cause problems he'd have to know beforehand.

"Thank you," he said politely with a brief nod, sipping on it silently. The goal was simply to gain an understanding, not to create an all out war between him and the Jedi "I as well as many others in Darkwire are quite concerned about the increased presence of Jedi and so called vigilantes on the planet. Even though they have yet to cause us problems, it's only a matter of time before they swoop into our business and derail key plans. You out of all people know what we stand for Yula"

Darkwire were not there to make thepopulation's life a misery, but to make a change by exposing the corporation's cruelty on to them and the planet. The Jedi and Darkwire had different goals, they just couldn't mix just in case they started something they both didn't want.

"The kid was a Jedi too, he had the same feel as you," he said with a shrug "What's the deal with that? I don't remember Jedi ever hiding their faces" he stated with a slight tilt of his head. If Cartri wasn't force sensitive he probably would have passed him off as any other citizen.

"I doubt they're even meant to be here are they?"

Last edited:
Yula took the seat opposite to Cartri, peering at him from behind the rim of her mug as she nursed a slow sip of caf.

"So that's what this is about." Lowering her glass, she quirked a brow at the kid. It made sense that he'd come to her—Yula's relationship with Dagon was public knowledge both within Darkwire and the NJO. It was only a matter of time before she'd end up serving as the unofficial and begrudging link between the two. Or at least, only when someone came sniffing for information.

"They mean well." She placed her mug down. "The vigilante kids, at least. Some of them may not understand Denon as well as the others, but-" Yula's eyes passed over the dark liquid, glancing at her distorted reflection before looking over to Cartri. "I get it. Headbutting is a concern. It's happened to me on a few contracts."

Arms crossed over her chest, Yula leaned back, tilting the far leg of her chair. "The way I see it, we should be more worried about those fethheads in the Senate. They're the one with the ability to back CAD power or abolish it entirely. The Jedi folks have a history of going against the Senate's will –they aren't friendly to Corpos, either. That gives the NJO and Darkwire a common foe. For now, at least."

Humming in thought, she shook her head. "Doesn't matter if they're met to be here or not—Jedi are stubborn banthas when they feel like they've been called to something."

Yula paused in consideration.

"You've got some pretty good senses on you if you marked him as a Jedi. Sure I shouldn't be calling you Padawan?"

yGYay8D.png

Attire

Cartri slowly nodded and leaned back in his seat when she began to talk about why he was there. It was only right to talk about this now rather than later. Deep down, he knew that the Jedi would eventually set their eyes on him and Darkwire as a whole "I'm sure they do mean good, and so do we. All I'm here for is to stop an unneeded confrontation in the near future. We're doing it to help the people, not to stick it to the Jedi who we have no quarrels" he explained before she began talking about the senate.

They were the ones who called the big shots on Denon and the GA. One way or another they were the ones that made Denon into the mess it's in, and they were the ones that were ultimately going to fix it "Agreed, but I fear the Jedi will see our "protests" as an attack on the average citizen. Which I tell you it isn't" the teen continued, taking a quick sip of his drink "Sometimes, their stubbornness can get them into trouble"

Slowly, his head tilted from the joke of calling him a padawan before a brief grin appeared on his lips "Ha, I thought most of you Jedi didn't have a sense of humor" Cartri chuckled, his blue eyes looking at hers "Just because I'm sensitive in the force doesn't mean I know a few things. All I needed along with that was common sense" he said with a shrug, putting down his mug to straighten his body up slightly.

"I've been taught to control myself by another Jedi before. Not much came out of it other than a bit of meditation, if it wasn't for her focusing on her own students I probably would have wanted to know more"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom