Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Lightsabre of Jorus Merrill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: Here.

Intent: Jorus Merrill's lightsabre.
Development Thread: I'm a Pilgrim, I'm a Stranger
Manufacturer: Jorus Merrill
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Personal
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel, bronzium, kathracite Adegan crystal
Classification: Lightsaber
Size: One/two-handed
Length: 35cm handle, 145cm blade
Weight: 0.8kg
Special Features: None. You heard me.
Description: Jorus Merrill's lightsabre has some aesthetic similarities to Luke Skywalker's second lightsabre. It is constructed mainly of dull, scratched durasteel with a dark hue, along with some small bronzium fittings. Its blade is a cool, intense blue-white.

Jorus Merrill, despite serving for over half a decade as Master of First Knowledge to the splintered Jedi Order, was never able to boast of traditional Force abilities or of skill with the lightsabre. He was noted for being unable to lift a pebble or master even the Diplomat's Form. As a younger man, he made a light-knife with Omega Protectorate help, but generally used it as a salvage tool. When [member="Darth Vornskr"] defeated him and took the knife at the battle of the Fondor shipyards, Jorus never bothered to replace it. Urging him to try harder, his sister Rave made him a beautiful sword called Taralkaar, which he lost while evacuating the Dagoyan Masters from One Sith-dominated Bardotta.

Fast-forward to Ahch-To, its location long forgotten, where the first Jedi Temple was built. Jorus found it by instinct, carrying a shipload of Jedi pilgrims. While there, Jorus attempted to centre himself, take stock of his growth and his insufficiencies, and re-connect with what it meant to be a Jedi. At the behest of his longtime copilot, [member="General Beyyr"], the Jedi Master agreed to attempt two unprecedented feats. He tried to use the Force, and he tried to build a lightsabre. In that place, and in that moment, he was able to select components by instinct, put them together in midair, and attune the weapon to himself, just like any Youngling preparing to become a Padawan. The resulting lightsabre is simple in the extreme. It has one blade length and one intensity setting; cortosis will deactivate or block it; the crystal has no special properties; Jorus waterproofed the hilt, and that's about it.

Like any Jedi Master's lightsabre, the weapon is an extension of Jorus' identity and will. His skill with it is another matter. Then again, he's built a super-hyperlane with his wife, made and abandoned a mindboggling fortune, helped lead a galaxy-spanning resistance movement, voyaged farther than anyone in history, and nutted a Sith Emperor with the stock of a shotgun. With the right help, he can probably figure out how to swing a glowstick.

Primary Source: None.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS