Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore The Last Will and Testament of Natasi Josephine Fortan

Status
Not open for further replies.
skin, bone, and arrogance
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To dispose of Natasi Fortan's property now that she is properly dead
  • Image Credit: MyLiveSignature.com [x]
  • Canon: N/A
  • Links: Natasi Fortan
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Media Name: The Last Will and Testament of Natasi Josephine Fortan
  • Format: Testamentary document
  • Distribution: Unique
  • Length: Short
  • Description: A signed and witnessed testamentary document dispensing with Natasi Fortan's property
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Author: Natasi Fortan (with the assistance of her solicitors at Wainwright, Pendleton & Thatcher LLP)
  • Publisher: N/A
  • Reception: N/A
FORMAT INFORMATION
A document bound in legalese, notary seals and stamps, and witness statements and signatures, it is -- in traditional Galidraani style -- printed on a roll of parchment (though, of course, facsimiles have been provided for posterity and protection).

CONTENT INFORMATION
I, Natasi Josephine Fortan (formerly known as Natasi Josephine Fortan Vitalis or Natasi Josephine Vitalis), presently of Avalonia, Dosuun, being of sound mind and body, hereby revoke all former testamentary dispositions made by me and declare this to be my last Will and Testament. I revoke all prior Wills and Codicils. At the time of writing, I am unmarried following the death of my husband Talbot Vitalis, with two living children by him: George Frejrik Alec Talbot Vitalis and Reima Eleanor Grace Vitalis.

Executor:
Definition(s): The expression 'my Executor', as used throughout this Will, includes either the singular or plural number, or the masculine or feminine gender, as appropriate wherever the fact or context so requires. The term 'executor' in this Will is synonymous with, and includes the terms, 'executrix' and 'personal representative'.

Appointment(s): I appoint Pierce Fortan II, presently of Avalnoia, Dosuun, to be my Executor of this my Will. If Pierce Fortan III should predecease me, or either should refuse or be unable to act or continue to act as my Executor, then I appoint Thaddeus Vitalis, presently of Southport, Galidraan, to be the Executor of this my Will.

Powers of my Executor: I give and appoint to my Executor the following duties and powers with respect to my estate:
  1. To pay my legally enforceable debts and all expenses in connection with the administration of my estate and the trusts created by my Will as soon as convenient after my death, except for any debt secured by real and/or personal property, which is to be assumed by the recipient of such property.
  2. To take all legal actions to have the probate of my Will completed as quickly and simply as possible, and as free as possible from any court supervision.
  3. To reimburse the First Order and/or the Crown of Galidraan, or any other state entity, for any expenses incurred in the provisions of any funerary honors.
  4. To invest, rent, let, exchange, mortgage, sell, dispose of, or give options without being limited as to term, any and all real property bellonging to my estate and to insure, repair, improve, add to, remove from or demolish, or otherwise deal with such real properties as my Executor deems advisable without liability for loss or depreciation.
  5. To purchase, maintain, convert, and liquidate investments or securities, and to exercise voting rights in connection with any shareholding, or exercise any option concerning any existing investments or securities in my name.
  6. To open, close, combine, or liquidate bank accounts.
  7. To employ a solicitor, barrister, accountant, or other professional required to complete the disposition of my estate.
Disposition of My Estate:
Specific Bequests: Any beneficiary under this Will must survive me for thirty (30) days. Any gift or bequest that fails to pass to a beneficiary due to the beneficiary failing to survive me for thirty (30) days, or if they may not be located within one year, or if they may reject the gift or bequest, the gift shall return to my estate to be included in the residue of the estate.
  1. I leave to George Vitalis of Herevan, Galidraan all titles and effects attendant to the Earldom of Herevan which did not pass to him automatically by operation of law, at the discretion of my Executor.
  2. I leave to Reima Vitalis of Herevan, Galidraan the sum of five hundred million credits, to be administered by her legal guardian until she reaches the age of eighteen (18) years old.
  3. I leave to George Vitalis of Herevan, Galidraan the sum of five hundred million credits, to be administered by his legal guardian until he reaches the age of eighteen (18) years old.
  4. I leave to the three (3) daughters of my father's sister, Fiolette Yvarro, the sum of twenty million credits each, in trust to my uncle Josef Yvarro. Should my uncle Josef Yvarro predecease me, I leave this gift in trust to my Executor, to be distributed to each as they reach the age of eighteen (18).
  5. I leave to my father's sister, Fiolette Yvarro, the contents of Safe Deposit Box #981 in Calavar Silworth Bank & Trust, which includes: one (1) fleur-de-lis pattern tiara, two (2) fleur-de-lis pattern earrings, one (1) fleur-de-lis pattern ring, one (1) fleur-de-lis pattern bracelet, and four (4) fleur-de-lis pattern hair clips, which previously were given to my grandmother, Fiolette's mother, as a wedding gift. These gifts are made from my personal estate and are to Fiolette and her heirs in perpetuity. Should Fiolette predecease me, I leave this to her daughters by order of birth. Should Fiolette and her daughters all predecease me, I leave the contents of Safe Deposit Box #981 in Calavar Silworth Bank & Trust to my daughter, Reima Vitalis.
  6. I leave to Mr. Darell Irani my copy of The White Queen signed by Lacroix and conductor, etc., in hopes that he will recall fondly the time we spent together, watching and listening to this opera. Romantic arias remain romantic arias even when the movement is over, a lesson I learned from The White Queen and Mr. Irani in equal parts.
  7. I leave to Mr. [member="Jaius Sovv"] my chess set, located in the small library of Herevan Hold, on which I learned the game, with my warmest regards and wishes that he will learn to play properly.
  8. I leave to Grand Admiral Carlyle Rausgeber my Omega Order of Merit medal in recognition of his many years of loyal service to the First Order and of kindness and counsel to me personally.
  9. I leave to Colonel Rolf Amsel my Kaeshana Order of Merit in recognition of his many years of loyal service to the First Order and of kindness and counsel to me personally.
  10. I leave to Director Sybil Shepard the contents of Safe Deposit Box #982 in Calavar Silworth Bank & Trust, my favorite Cosmic Balance pendant, which once belonged to my mother, with thanks for her loyal service, and as a reminder that for every dark day there must come some light.
  11. I leave to Mr. Heinrich Hendersmith the sum of twenty million credits, and commend to the heirs of Herevan Hold that Hendersmith be granted quarters there for life in recognition of his service to my family and myself over the course of his many years.
  12. I leave to Mrs. Ivy Ball, Mrs. Regina Emberle, and Mr. Blake Torrance (Housekeeper, Cook, and Groundskeeper at Herevan, respectively) the sums of ten million credits each, and commend to the heirs of Herevan Hold that they be granted quarters there for life in recognition of their service to my family and myself over the course of their many years.
  13. I leave to [member="Thaddeus Vitalis"] any such jewelry or personal effects in my estate that were gifts from my late husband, Talbot Vitalis, with hopes that he will make available any such items to my chlildren as needed.
  14. I leave to Pierce Vitalis III and Roderik von Brinkerhoff, as Joint Tenants, my beloved country estate of Breakriver on Dosuun
  15. I leave to Reima Vitalis of Herevan, Galidraan, a life estate in the property at 382 Nightengale Lane, Herevan, otherwise known as the Fortan Dower House, with the residue to the estate of Herevan.
  16. I leave to Reima Vitalis of Herevan, Galidraan, and her heirs, the entirety of my real estate holdings outside of Herevan Hold and other properties that make up the estate related to the Earldom of Herevan.
  17. I leave two hundred million credits in trust for the care of my children and the provision for their welfare, security, upbringing, education, and protection, at the sole discretion of their legal guardians as detailed herein.
  18. I leave my ship, an Allegro-class Stealth Corvette, to my son George Vitalis and to my daughter Reima Vitalis in equal shares.
Distribution of Residue: The entirety of the residue of my personal estate will be transferred to my son George Vitalis and my daughter Reima Vitalis in equal shares.

Guardianship: Should any minor child require a guardian to care for them until they reach the age of eighteen (18), I appoint the following individual to be their guardian:
  1. I appoint Pierce Fortan III to be the Guardian of my children during their respective minorities
  2. If Pierce Fortan III should predecease me, or should another Guardian be required during their respective minorities, I appoint Thaddeus Vitalis of Southport, Galidraan to be Guardian of my children.
  3. Should the aforementiond Guardians predecease me, or should other Guardians be required during their respective minorities, I appoint additional members of the Vitalis family, as directed by Thaddeus Vitalis.
  4. Should all members of the Vitalis family predecease me, or should other Guardians be required during their respective minorities, I appoint members of the Reed family of Sterandel, Galidraan.
  5. My Executor is directed to utilize the funds referenced above to provide for the care of my children and the provision of their welfare, security, upbringing, education, and protection.
  6. I direct that the Guardian(s) of my children, as described above, shall bring my children up in the faith of the Cosmic Balance until such a time that they reach the age of majority and can choose an alternative religion or atheism.
  7. I direct that the Guardian(s) of my children, as described above, shall provide my children with photographs, audio and video recordings, news records, and other such records, regarding myself and my husband, our families, and our work.
No Contest Provision: If any beneficiary under this Will contests the provisions of this will, in any court, arbitration, mediation, or other manner, then each and all such perisons shall not be entitled to any devises, legacies, bequests, or benefits under this Will or any codicil hereto, and such interest or share in my estate shall be disposed of as if that contesting benefeciary predceased me.

Literary Executor: I direct that my papers, diaries, letters, and other documentation, correspondence, recordings, etc. be provided to Lydia Finn-Camden, for the purposes of cataloging, reporting on, or creating a biography for posterity, after which they shall be secured in the vault at Herevan Hold. I further direct that, should the First Order or the Crown of Galidraan request any such papers for purposes of exhibition, memorial, educational display, etc., that my literary executor shall ensure that such requests are fulfilled, with a preference to First Order requests, on the express guarantee that such documents shall be returned to Herevan Hold in a reasonable time frame, not to exceed twenty years at once.

Signature: I, Natasi Josephine Fortan, the within named Testator, have to this my last Will and Testament contained on this and the preceding pages, set my hand and seal at the City of Avalonia on this day, 856 ABY. I declare that this instrument is my last Will, that I am of legal age in this jurisdiction to make a Will, and that I am under no constraint or undue influence, and sign this Will and Testament freely and voluntarily.
Rts697i.png
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Drawn up mere weeks before Natasi Fortan's death at the Sack of Dosuun, this Will was one in a series that updated the disposition of her property in the event of her death. Natasi, a wealthy woman in her own right, also held the title and wealth associated with the Earldom of Herevan, most of which would pass automatically to her son and heir, George Vitalis, in the event of her death. However, it was important for Natasi to provide for her daughter, as well as the loyal staff of Herevan Hold, her friends and loyal First Order personnel. The changes to this last edition of her will included reinstating her disowned aunt, Fiolette Raaf, and her daughters as beneficiaries, signaling a slight thaw in the chill the younger Fortan felt for her former relative. The will was read at Herevan Hold following Natasi's funeral and the internment of her ceremonial coffin at the Fortan family crypt on the grounds of Herevan estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom