Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The last time

What was it you told her the last time you talked....?

That's right....

It wasn't all just words, Kahne meant them from the bottom of his heart. Now it seemed that talk they had was like a lifetime ago. He wasn't the only one though, he wasn't all powerful and he couldn't be in multiple places at once. He had a family that needed him, and while Kahne wasn't the only one [member="Romi Jade"] had in her corner.

And to that end the Jedi Master was very grateful. Kahne had some personal mattes that he had to take care of, and while he was doing these things Romi had fallen into darkness. It wasn't long after Kahne had received word of these events that a small melancholy mood had over come him for a period. It wasn't until after the battle of Rhen Var that she had returned to the fold and was on Kashyyyk.

The Jedi had heard the stories, and the rumors however he knew that he needed to see her. Kahne felt bad, he felt ashamed that he wasn't there in the beginning. Kahne just knew he was here at the end of that journey, she was recovering and he needed to see how she was doing.

It didn't take too long for the Jedi Master to find her in the healing room. The Jedi held in his hand a small vase of flowers for her, pretty much a get better soon gift. The door was open and Kahne gave a small knock on the door and just stood on the outside. He didn't want to just barge in and such.

"Romi, you there?"

Kahne Porte said:
"Romi, you there?"
She'd heard someone...

"Yeah, I'm here." She was finishing up the bandages on her arm, "Come in! I'll be out in a sec." She responded before tucking the loose end in and strolling out of the inner room and seeing a familiar face. Of course her initial reaction was a genuinely happy one. "Kahne!" She threw her hands out in surprise.

"What're you doing her--" She noticed the flowers as she walked up to meet him halfway, "What're these?" She was smiling at this point. She gently tugged and rubbed on the petals before reaching around to embrace him in a hug.

She'd known him for quite some time...but hadn't seen him in awhile. He'd always been kind to her. He was one of the sweetest men she knew; it was his nature.

"How're you? What brings you out this way?" Well...she was sure he'd heard. Most people had...the only thing with that is that Romi despised how people said "she fell" almost as if she had a choice.

She didn't. She hadn't.

[member="Kahne Porte"]

Kahne couldn't help but be filled with hope, more than normal and joy when she greeted him as she did. It just meant a few things one of them being she was happy to see him. And the other was that it seemed like she didn't carry the worries she had a few weeks ago. Given Kahne knew what it was like to be with the darkside, the mental barriers one had to break down to drive you to the point of desperation.

To feel that there was no way out.

"These are for you!" Kahne said rather cheerful as he held them out to her and he watched her gently tug on one of the petals. At which point they embraced in a hug and Kahne chuckled slightly. "It's so good to see you, Romi." The Jedi Master voiced with a smile on his face. "You look great."

Kahne's hand lightly traced the outer rim of the flower petals before he finally spoke again.

"I wanted to come see you, check on you."

The Jedi placed his hands gently on her shoulders. "You are okay, right?"

[member="Romi Jade"]

"For me?" She was seemingly shocked, no one has ever brought her flowers before so it was all new to her. "I-I-Thank you!"

She broke out into laughter, graciously accepting the gift. It was sweet. After they're short embrace she sat his gift on the window sill, for some sunlight "It's been so long Kahne, it's good to see you too --" he commented on her looking great and she playfully rolled her eyes and waved him off.

"I know I look like i've been through hell and back." Laughing as she joined him again, she motioned for him to take a sit in the common area situated in her quarters. "But thank you. I feel good."

Kahne Porte said:
"I wanted to come see you, check on you."

She inhaled, and slowly nodded in reference to all that transpired lately.

He'd placed a hand on her shoulder, and she fell into it. Placing hers on top of his, she could appreciate his concern.

"Yeah." She responded, "I'm doing better, honestly. It's been a battle...but you know me, I don't stop for anything."

"What have you been busy with?"

[member="Kahne Porte"]

She was in good spirits, and that was the greatest thing. Kahne tried not to sit here and judge, and of course. He didn't want to be like that, but he could listen and observe. He listened to every word she spoke with as much detail as a person could. She was here, almost as she was before, but perhaps she didn't carry the burdens that she had before. The Jedi chuckled lightly as her hand moved over his for a brief moment and then finally smirked.

"I know you love a good fight. And I'm glad your doing well."

"What have you been busy with?"

"Lots of things right now with a wife, children." Kahne said with another laugh as he pulled back and took a seat on one of the chairs in the room. "They keep me pretty busy. Truth be told I miss being out here. I miss being out there, fighting full time." Every time Kahne seemed to get into a fight it looked as if he was holding back, not for himself but for those he loved. Almost as if he wasn't giving it his all, like he was afraid of leaving them alone.

Perhaps it was time to get back to who he was.

"What do you plan on doing now?" The Jedi asked curiously.

[member="Romi Jade"]

Kahne Porte said:
"I know you love a good fight. And I'm glad your doing well."
She broke out into laugher, playfully rolling her eyes. "I know I know, I'm pretty violent haha." She shrugged, "But thanks, yeah I'm doing pretty good. Just re-adjusting..." She casually nodded.

Her face lit up with color, "Wife? Children?" She reached over and grabbed his hands, "Really? That's awesome!" Her time back had really been causing her to to think about family. Romi really didn't have one of her own. Not that she aspired for it, but coming near death made you reconsider things.

"I get what you mean, but honestly it isn't all that. It's good to take a step back. That's a joy of life. That's really good to hear Kahne, I'm happy for you."

"Well..." She sighed, "I'm eager to get back as well. I'll be around touching base with everyone, but I'll primarily be working with the Alliance like before...and possibly splitting that time with Corellia. I was requested there not too long ago."

[member="Kahne Porte"]

Seeing her reaction such as that brought joy to him, it was good seeing people respond like that. It just made him feel better, that the old ways weren't so stained upon. While Kahne always showed himself as a unique Jedi, there was somethings that made not. Kahne gave her hands a small squeeze before he let them go.

"I'm glad to hear that, Romi. I'm so happy your back and that your safe." Kahne cleared his throat as he moved towards the wall and leaned back against it. "It's good to be back out there, I'm heading out there too. How I used to be, it feels different this time. Like something is calling out to me."

Kahne knew that it seemed strange, but perhaps it was the fact that he found that crystal on Ilum or maybe the visions he had been having.

"I also, owe you an apology." Kahne took a deep breath as he casually glanced around for a moment before looking at her again trying to find the words he was wanting to say. But actually standing here looking at Romi, and how well she was doing. He couldn't find them...

[member="Romi Jade"]

Kahne Porte said:
"I'm glad to hear that, Romi. I'm so happy your back and that your safe."
She perked up, falling into a sigh of comfort. His words did that. But, she could feel the shift in energy when he maneuvered his way towards the wall. "Wha--"

Kahne Porte said:
"It's good to be back out there, I'm heading out there too. How I used to be, it feels different this time. Like something is calling out to me."

She forgot about it, forgoing asking entirely. "Well i'd say follow that voice. It's leading you somewhere...and you'd save more time tracking it down versus pondering over it. Maybe you do need to get back out there." she responded, standing to her feet and folding her arms into one another.

Kahne Porte said:
"I also, owe you an apology."

See...she knew it.

"A-an apology?" She was quite curious, what was he talking about? "An apology for what?"

[member="Kahne Porte"]

For not being there? For not helping you? Perhaps he could've made a difference. None of that seemed to matter anymore, however that decision weighed heavily on the Jedi Master, and he didn't have any other choice other than to just move forward and to do what he could to make sure something like this never happened again. He wanted to tell her,

Kahne just cleared his throat before speaking. "It's just.....that I know what its like." Kahne said as he looked into her eyes, giving her a small nod. "I've been where you were before..."

I should've been there.....

That's what he wanted to say, but those words didn't come out of his mouth. Perhaps he would tell her one day, maybe.

"Do you wanna go for a walk?" Kahne said with a small smile on his face.

[member="Romi Jade"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom