Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Last Skywalker

Samatharis

S
Vc3mKgW.png

The Last Skywalker
Recommended Sound by DreymaMusic
My dear Apprentice,
I begin our tale long, long ago. When a foreign woman and her floating ball, came to this far and mysterious world.
Long had they searched. And far, far from home had they traveled. To Jubalm. To find the book that her uncle had lost. So very long, long ago.
And now I too come to this world. Crossing a new desert. Guided by the Force. Alone, but always yours. To find the last of her name. And all that she left behind.
pAmTq35.png

Yet,
Even as the desert sun grows lower towards the evening sky and the vast distances of this great journey are now put behind me. Trusting always in the Force and in the memory of your gentle caution. I can't help but feel as though I'm being followed.
Is it you I sense, Apprentice? Heh. Well. I guess I should have known. You always said that one day it would be my turn to need rescuing. Ah. But fret not. Fret not. I am alive and well. And so close now to our goal that I can nearly taste it. Ha ha. Or perhaps that is merely the desert sun playing tricks on these old eyes. These two old eyes that will be quite happy to see you again. Very soon. I promise.
And since I know in the Force and with all my heart that I cannot dissuade you from seeking me out. Even after all these distant years apart. I've decided to include in this message the coordinates to Jubalm from the waypoint of Terminus. Which, I'm quite sure that by the time you would seek to arrive? You'd only find me happy, hippy, and well, and in the grandest of company. Ha ha.
So please. Await my triumphant return will all the patience in the world. Why, should the knowledge please you. I may even return with a friend. <3
May the Force be with you my brave Knight. I'm sure we'll see each other, very soon.
Forever yours,
- Verdnot
YeX0LEZ.png

... And yet.

Even after I wrote that letter to dissuade my daring Apprentice. So close now to my journey's end.
Why can I not help but feel that something behind me, is still so terribly amiss?

Last edited by a moderator:

Samatharis

S
One month later...

iR8W7NT.png

Coming out of Lightspeed over the planet Jubalm, The Instiller Sun.
Recommended Sound by Two Steps From Hell

A smile grew on Sera Terrell's face as the bridge's viewscreen twinkled out from Hyperspace. The faint blue glow of their planetary destination lying just below. Yes. They were finally,

"We're here!"

She slapped the pilot a brave high five and turned about for the door,

"All hands to yellow alert and prep the hanger bay for ship departure. Tibys, you have the bridge. Oh man. Oh man. I'm so ready for this!"

"Aye aye ma'am!"

The leather bound cowgirl Judge sprinted right past Samatharis of Rulan at her bridge station and gave her a happy slap on the butt as she approached the door,

"Gosh! Come on Sam! Let's go!"

"Coming!"

The other happy brunette cried and jumped from her station. Just getting around to finally turning it off and grabbing her fur shawl. Together they piled into the elevator and pushed the command.

"Well now. You seem eager!" Samatharis smiled.

"Oh, please. Don't you even start. I could barely sleep knowing we were this close. Jeez. It took, for-ever, to get out this far."

"Haha. Truly. I remember. I remember. You were tossing and turning all night. And no wonder I caught you napping in the command chair. Hehe."

The elevator opened to the lower hanger bay just as the lights began to flash all around. Departure for off-world adventures was already imminent. Yet still, Sera scoffed towards her partner in crime,

"Oh please. Please girl. I'm sooo awake right now it's killing me. Let's go. Let's go already! Hehe."

"Jeez girl. Calm down. The others will see you like this. Get it together. You're the leader now. Remember?"

"Oh. Umph. Right. Bleegh. Leader stuff. Hmph. Okay, fine. Here we go."

The two women strutted out into the glossy white vinyal hanger. Surrounded by ships both familiar and foreign. Many were the personal vessels of the other adventurers and Jedi who had opted to come along for this rescue mission. Other people who...

"See! Here they come now." Samatharis nodded to the second elevator.

"Well, my oh' my." Sera grabbed her white cowgirl hat and slipped it on over her proper Judge's head with a smile, "...Speak of the devil."

The two woman took their places as the others shuffled out to meet them. Looking as eager as ever.

Rogue Knight Samatharis of Rulan was a tall human female garbed in black armored boots and short dark furs about her strong shoulders. Her long brown hair pulled into a large loose bun with ease and a firm belt-mag grip on the long silver Lightsaber against the small of her back. She looked happy and ready for a fight.

Likewise, Judge Sera Terrell was a tall human female with long brown hair worn loose and braided in a rough barbarian warrior's style. Her signature white cowgirl hat was loose and stuffed with stripped feathers and that giant belt against her hip was still holding an even bigger gun. Garbed in dry desert leathers and those tall black boots of hers. She looked every bit the wild and desperate space pirate she used to be. Even showing a little shoulder too this brisk summer morning. Oh my.

"Okay! Welcome to the deck everybody!" Sera called out over the flashing lights as the whole gang started to gather round, "...Alright now folks. Let's see who decided to wake up early this fine day and make it down here without a shower!"

"Mmm. Yeehaa." Sam smiled quietly.

As the engines on the vessel's begin to spin up and the hanger doors began to open. It was clear to everybody there assembled.

It was GO time.

"Team up and sound off people! Let's see who made it."

. . .

That's you, btw.
You're up cowboy

2ABhQEg.png

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Caden Evesa Caden Evesa | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

The poor crew couldn't know they had a collection of padawans with affiliations to a certain order on their deck. The four hadn't planned on all ending up at the same place but sometimes the lulls in life put you all at the same spot.

That an information traveled in circles.

Kyra recognized the three that came with her for the morning call, two moreso than the latter but maybe she just hadn't paid attention that day... She had been out of touch with her peers ever since the invasion of Yurb-- a series of fruitless surgeries to restore a piece of flesh you didn't want to give up did that to a gal.

The doctors had gotten her arm as far as they could for a limb they already considered lost. Whether or not her body could heal it the rest of the way depended on time and the force, neither of which she felt particularly in touch with lately. Perhaps that was why she was here instead of with her master.

Efforts to conceal the casted limb were made, a cloak swinging lightly over the girl's frame and swallowing her slender mass with folds of fabric. She felt in high spirits as she stood there, awaiting the next part of the adventure. Maybe it was the lack of eyes giving her pitiful looks, or maybe it was just the buzz of excitement that filled the crew's minds.

The empath felt light and eager to go. It didn't matter what she was here for-- she only wanted to see it through.

"Team up and sound off people! Let's see who made it."

"IIIIIIIIIIIII'm Kyra! Kyra Perl!" she chirped, glancing sideways to give her peers a mischievous look. She wouldn't tell home about this if they didn't.

Samatharis Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Caden Evesa Caden Evesa Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

“Everybody was kung fu fighting… Those kicks were fast as lightning…”

Starlin still had the song stuck in his head after blaring it in his quarters while he was getting ready. He sang it softly under his breath, eyeing the others in assembly.

He had met most of them… sort of. All three had attended an SJO seminar he went to. Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei he had encountered again on Midvinter, but he'd been with Nimdok and Miri then, so they didn't have too much of a chance to socialize. Caden Evesa Caden Evesa being here with Okkeus made sense. Kyra Perl Kyra Perl unfortunately was not wearing a bathing suit this time, but he'd seen her casted arm, overheard a rumor about Yurb (Yuuuurb. What kind of planet name was that?) and understood the majestic cloak she wore to hide it.

In addition to the padawan powwow, there was the rest of the crew, none of whom he had met before. Samatharis seemed okay based on the handful of times he had a chance to observe her during the voyage to Jubalm, but that didn’t give him much to go on. He’d have to see how she and her cowgirl friend fared planetside.

Starlin was dressed in his usual getup of hodgepodge hand-me-downs, complete with his ubiquitous black cap resting comfortably on his dark curls. No matter how vigorously he scrubbed them, his clothes always looked dirty and worn out. But since they were heading into a desert, who gave a chit? He was gonna get them all dusty anyway.

After Kyra excitedly announced her name, Starlin waited to see if anyone else was going first, then put his hands behind his head and smirked good-naturedly.

“Starlin Rand, ready to rumble.”

Skywalker

That name was running through his head all night. He hardly slept. A man that he had grown up admiring could still possibly have alive relatives. Who doesn't like a Jedi that is also a X-Wing pilot? It was like him and Okkeus were the same person. Well, besides the whole unwillingly-turning-to-the-dark-side thing. But we don't talk about that.

Once he was dressed he went to wake up his Padawan. He left him while he got prepared for the day. Okkeus decided to head up to the control room and get the briefing.

Arriving in there he saw Starlin and Kyra had already arrived. No one was talking about the mission yet, so he decided to mingle. He walked over to Kyra and saw that she was covering him injured arm. Dang, looks like everyone got hurt at Yurb. His leg and eye had healed, but his ribs still ached from time-to-time. Trying to comfort her, he decided to give her some encouraging words.

"Hey, don't be ashamed about your arm. We all get injured. It will heal. I know it will becuase if it doesn't, I'll have to learn some Sith Alchemy."

Laughing, he hoped she saw it as a joke. He was just trying to lighten the mood. Once Samatharis walked over he heard his Padawan enter the room. Good, they were all here. After the two introduced themselves, he decided to do the same.

"Okkeus here, Okkeus Dainlei."

Doing a half-wave with his robotic hand he looked over at his Padawan, waiting for him to introduce himself.

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Samatharis

He was the last to arrive, as per usual.

He wasn't late for once however, which was oddly impressive by his standards. He was actually early, which didn't excuse being the last one in the room but at least he wasn't late. He was late to absolutely everything and he had been scaled for it so many times.

He had Okkeus to thank, of course. The Jedi Knight had woken him up from a surprisingly good slumber, one of the few he'd had in recent memory that hadn't been plagued by nightmares of death, fire and destruction. All of those made for an amazingly fun dream.

Not.

He took his seat slowly and flicked his eyes around the room. He recognized the majority of faces, even though he hadn't seen them in a while. Kyra Perl in all her beauty and Starlin Rand, the punk boy. It was quite literally the Paddy Pack, with the exception of Okkeus.

Okkeus was basically the child minder of the group. That was a scary thought, Okkeus was only a few years older than the average age of the gaggle of children that had gathered. He wasn't sure if it was a gaggle, more like a crowd? A party of children?

Whatever it was, the fact that Okkeus was the baby sitter was an interesting idea.

He listened as the gang (again, gaggle?) introduced themselves. It was a pointless task, again, they all knew each other. They'd never worked together though, so Caden was interested to see how well they'd do when all faced with a challenge, a mission, especially when one of the group was an arm short.

There were two people he'd never met, he assumed they'd been responsible for putting the mission together. Caden was impressed at the team they'd managed to pull together at such short notice, he was actually pretty confident they'd be okay and survive.

"Ugh... Caden. This is where the fun begins, right?"

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Samatharis | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Samatharis

S
Sera couldn't help but give Caden a great big smile and thrust of her fist straight into the air,

"You're Gods damn right it is! That's the spirit!"

Samatharis just folded her arms and smiled. They were all here. What a gang. What a gaggle indeed.

"Okay then. Let's mount up. We can review the brief as we get down there."

Sera smiled and tipped her hat towards the giant U-Wing DX dropship spinning up behind her.

"That's our ride boys and girls! Hope in now, or forever hold your peace! Ha."

wg1pBxm.png

The walls of the white vinyal hanger were abuzz with action.

The sidedoors to the giant U-Wing DX dropship opened wide to receive them.

"Let the rescue mission, begin!" Sera climbed aboard with a great wave of her white feathered hat.

And everybody piled in and closed the doors.

And they were off.

On another beautiful journey down from space. Down across the planet's blue horizon. Down through the atmosphere and back out into the clouds. A wide, sprawling summer's morning.
An endless flight over a gorgeous sunrise dawn. Breath-taking to the last.

ngyIZQ1.png

It was an amazing view.

Then Sera came down from the pilot's nest and smiled to everyone looking out the windows. It was time to review.

"Okay everybody. Listen up. We're on our way to the last settlement that Master Verdnot sent us his message from. We hope to find his abode there and research station. Then, we'll start our search. The Instiller Sun will be in orbit to provide us with support and global transmissions. So don't forget we're not alone out here. Everybody came to pitch in and get our guy back safely."

She smiled to all the Padawans present. Guess she would just have to make this a training mission too. How very, un-Judge-like of her. Ha.

"Remember. We haven't heard from Verdnot in quite awhile. So this is going to be quite a cold trail to follow. Keep your wits about you and if you hear something from the Force? Anything at all. Then by all means. Follow it. We're going to need all the help we can get. Seriously."

Samatharis nodded and spoke up from the door.

"I know many of you came because of the good Master Judge's research too. His inquiries into the Skywalker Legend lead him here and no further. So while we thank you for your support in this rescue endeavor? We're well aware that if we find anything related to his research, to share it will everybodies Orders too. Team sport, and all that."

She smiled. She was just as curious as everybody else. It made her eyes sparkle too.

Sera smirked and gave a wave,

"Well. Foolish as the old man was, I doubt we'll find much but old bones and ghost stories. Same as every other lead he'd been following for decades. Hmph."

The slender Judge then gave a sigh and wave. Putting the past behind her,

"But yes. If we do find the Skywalker Legend down there. We'll be sure to make it's recovery a priority too. Just... After we find the old man. Okay?"

She smiled and nodded to everyone present. Just to make sure they understood where her priorities lay. Firmly, with finding her Master.

"Don't worry Sera." Sam smiled, "We're with you. Whatever it takes."

A sound of reassurance rang out throughout the boat.

They were all in this.

Together.

"Okay then." Sera smiled with a look to the windows, "...Whatever it takes."

They landed on the outskirts of a dry, dusty Mos Esley'-similar type town. Local time was about eight in the morning. Temperatures were cool and rising steadily. It would be hot in just a few hours.

Sera grabbed a backpack off the dropship's steady walls,

"Everybody garb a Mission Bag. It's got water, supplies, orbital radio, and some spare power cells for items or trade."

Samatharis did likewise. Ditching her fur shawl for a colorful poncho and hood too.

"Remember. The locals aren't used to foreigners. This planet was considered a hidden world for the past thirty years so... They take their independence from the greater galaxy pretty seriously. I doubt we'll find too many friends. Be careful."

Sam smiled as she peeked out the window,

"Yeah sure, but. It sure made getting down here a breeze. Ha. Talk about, zero orbital security."

Sera shrugged,

"It's the far frontier out here. Most people are just trying to survive. To get away from it all. Not trying to spy on everybody who floats past their sun."

"Fair enough." Sam nodded. Then she hit the open button on the cargo hatch door. The loud sound of the cabin depressurizing began. Hissing and gasping as the air recyclers began to shut down.

Yep. It was time to set off.

Sera turned to the gang with a shrug of her pack,

"Okay then. Everybody? If you've got any last words before we head into town and find Verdnot's loft? Now's the time."

The smell of the desert morning slowly began to drift in as the heavy hatch door began to open. Letting the morning sunlight glare off the rocky dunes and dance around the cabin. And then came the dust. That endless scratchy feeling of sand against your skin. How he hated sand.

Smiling. Samatharis was the first to step outside.

"Okay. Last chance to turn around Padawans." She smiled playfully, "You all ready?"

Sera gave a tip of her white feathered hat to the morning breeze. This. Adventure. Diving straight into the unknown.

This is what Judges live for.

. . .

Last chance for prep cowboys.
Otherwise, best start heading into town
Okkeus
take us in good captain
We'll follow you :p

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Caden Evesa Caden Evesa | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Kyra swayed in place, her cloak swooshing around her in large spiral swoops. She looked up at the final question prompt, of which she had none. With the pack over her good shoulder and an apple in her hand, she was ready to set out. Questions were for plebs.

She turned on her heel and headed out the hatch, a pep to her step as she took the lead. For the moment, anyway. Her steps were brisk and filled with purpose, no time spent lingering on the hot air or sucking sand, both of which painted a fair picture to Yurb and its desert climate.

"Do you really think they're out there? More Skywalkers? I mean if they were, why are they hiding? Have you seen the size of the Sith Empire? We need them," the girl rattled over her shoulder, talking to no one and yet everyone at the same time as her inner thoughts poured out of her mouth without slowing.

She chomped into the apple, her cheeks bulging as she spoke around it.

"I'll tell you one thing, I'd never live on a planet like this. I'd look horrible as a lobster." She pulled the hood of her cloak a little further down her face, shading the soft pink shade of her skin from the sun above as she trudged on forward.

On the horizon, the shape of the town took form, the image wavering in the heat that slowly built across the morning sky.

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Caden Evesa Caden Evesa Samatharis

Starlin made the mistake of standing too close to the hatch when it opened. He scrunched his eyes up at the first blast of desert sand, covering his mouth and nose with his arm to avoid breathing it in. Once the dust had settled, he coughed and rubbed his eyes, then tugged on his curls and the folds of his shirt, scattering grains of sand onto the deck. "Great vacation spot," he muttered sarcastically.

He picked up a pack for himself and slung it over his shoulder. In addition to these supplies, he had brought along his lightsaber and his shoto, which were clipped to his belt. The locals might not have ever seen such weapons or a gaggle of young padawans wielding them, well, he'd try not to wave his around unless he absolutely needed to.

Being next after Kyra, he was almost directly behind her as she began chattering excitedly. Her rhetorical questions, while not aimed at him specifically, hit home in ways he doubted the others could relate to. Finding out you were descended from famous Jedi who fought in epic galactic wars and defeated powerful Sith, hoo-boy. They didn’t know the half of it. Granted, Nimdok had rightfully pointed out that Starlin's supposed ancestors were so far back, being descended from them would mean virtually nothing at this point. He wouldn’t inherit special gifts or powers from them. Even then, he couldn’t start counting his lucky stars just yet, because it might be that he just happened to have a last name in common with them, and the lightsaber crystal shard he inherited was stolen by frauds, not handed down through almost five millennia...

“It’s been, what, eight hundred years since the last time a Skywalker kicked Sith ass and took names, right?” he replied, trying not to look like he was following Kyra around like a poodle. (Where else was he supposed to go, the opposite direction?) “How many generations is that? I mean, that’s if we’re talking about ancient bloodlines. Adopting the surname, that’s a different story. Are we chasing after the last of the Skywalker family, or the descendant of somebody who just adopted the family name? Does anybody know for certain?”

And as for Kyra Perl, whom he was certain would always look like the daughter of a love goddess regardless of her coloring, turning into a lobster? He offered only one stupid cotton-mouthed comment: “Lobsters are cool.”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Caden Evesa Caden Evesa Samatharis

The sand was spilling into his shoes like crazy. He was used to it by now, but it just felt annoying. He left the right strap of the bag sway behind him, while the left strap sat snugly around his shoulder. He stood in the middle of the group, letting Kyra and Starlin talk ahead. While they were chit-chatting Okkeus pressed onto his robotic hand with his right finger. After a few presses of buttons a shield formed over his left forearm. As the shield slowly started to from, it looked as if it was not robotic at all, but flesh. Once the shield was fully formed you couldn't tell the difference from the real thing. He personally like his robotic arm, but he wasn't sure how the locals would react.

After Atarlin made his response to Kyra's spew of words, he decided to pipe in as well.

"Yeah, I'm not a real big fan of lobsters. They look better sitting on a plate."

A small laugh exited his mouth. With a smile on his face he slowed his pace, dropping back to his Padawan. Caden was taking up the back of the pack. Making sure he was interacting with his Padawan Okkeus started a conversation.

"The Last Skywalker...that could be a interesting holo-flick, don't you think?"

He looked down at his blue saber hooked to Caden's belt. So much stuff has been happening that they haven't gotten the chance to get him his own yet. After we find this Skywalker, that is the next thing on the list.

Samatharis Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

He hadn't even thought as he climbed onto the ship.

He'd just been following the lead of Okkeus, and the others. He'd been pretty zoned out in many ways, existing in his own head. He did that a lot, got lost in his own thoughts and his own mind. He was imaginative, he liked thinking of different situations and scenarios they could come up against.

Except this time it wasn't a scenario he was thinking about. He was thinking about what they were about to do. The legend of the Skywalker dynasty was known through the galaxy. Some legends said Luke Skywalker had been the last Skywalker and he had died to fight the original First Order. Other legends said Luke Skywalker went on to have children. The last recorded entry of a Skywalker was Cade Skywalker, fighting the original One Sith.

He listened vaguely to the briefing. He was sure if he missed anything, Okkeus would fill him in. He was already aware of the potential for danger and he knew a lot of what they were about to do from the pre-report and from talking to Okkeus before the situation.

The ship touched down, and the group departed.

He heard the conversations going on around him. Kyra Perl was talking about the sun and turning into a lobster. He heard the small talk that Starlin Rand was trying to make with her. He wasn't sure if she really cared or not, it was nothing to do with him if she did or didn't.

He had fallen behind, intentionally.

He was almost glad when Okkeus fell back to talk to him. He listened to the young Jedi Knight talk and he studied him slowly. Okkeus sounded excited about what they might find on the planet, about the legend of the Skywalker family. He sounded slightly less excited than the others admittedly, but still excited.

"What if we find nothing? What if the legend of Skywalker died out years ago and this is all a goose chase for nothing? We could be wasting our time here, or we could find more than any Jedi has found in our lifetimes. I guess all we can do is take the risk and plunge"

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Samatharis

Samatharis

S
Samatharis walked next to Sera at a leisurely pace. Her eyes to the horizons and her ears to the ground. Sera did likewise, although. She couldn't help but overhear the buzzword Skywalker again and again. Heavy in the mouths of those that followed them.

"They're here for the right reasons." Sam turned, "We'll find him. Don't worry."

"I know." Sera frowned, "It's just..."

"You don't care about the legend."

"Exactly." Sera scoffed bitterly. "I mean. It's all he ever cared about either. It's what got him lost in the first place."

Sam looked back towards the boys. Then forward towards Perl and Rand.

"Ah. Well." Samatharis gave a nod towards the upcoming settlement, "Right now. Mmm. I'll take all the help I can get."

Meanwhile.

Three dark figures stood out against the shifting sands of their approach. Standing a fair ways off from the tall edge of the rising buildings. A welcoming party and a warning.

It appears, someone had come out to meet them.

PxrwF1J.png

Three dusty natives. Fighters, by the looks of em'. Old rifles on their backs and pistols stuffed into their jacket belts. Breather masks hide their faces. Large gloves and red robes hide their skin. They didn't speak. Just gazed outward at the strangers to their lands. The two fellows in the back had wolves too. Well, they were probably wolves anyway. Some kinda hairy, four-legged rat dogs. But the growling and sharp teeth told the full story anyway. This wasn't going to be the most friendly welcoming party the group had ever seen.

Samatharis stepped forward. Only, Sera gave her a firm gasp of the shoulder and a gaze. She understood.

Let them go first.

The one with the big hat spook first, "Chek vet. Nough?"

Sera didn't grasp the language. Though it sounded Kathol.

The big hat one looked at them all again. "Vet nough. Dought?"

Samatharis looked around slowly. She didn't get it either.

A speeder bike sped up to the edge of the city limits behind the welcoming crew. A dusty fellow with a wrap about his face got off. He actually looked human too.

Meanwhile, the wolf things started growling again.

"Chek ne'met." The big hat one lifted up a three fingered glove and touched his comm. ~ "Speck. Nav'ow'met." ~

The dusty human fellow from the speeder bike slowly approached the gang. The others waited for him to arrive. Meanwhile, movement on the rooftops caught Sam's attention. It appears they were quickly attracting a crowd.

"He said..."

The human fellow in tall cowboy boots removed his face wrap and biker goggles,

"And I quote, ...Who the frell are you?"

Then the rough man smiled a sly little smile. Just a bit.

9WA16EX.png

He was human.

And his basic was perfect too.

Sam looked to Sera. The Judge just nodded with satisfaction. Then she turned her white to the others.

"Well. Go on then."

The dry human cast his sharp eyes over the newcomers Jedi. Slowly resting them on Perl and her arm. Alas, the wolves didn't stop hissing.

Sera nodded to the others, "Go on. Introduce us."

She smiled as she put the others on the spot. You could tell, Sera liked making the Padawans uncomfortable. Heh. Though, her gun arm rested ever-so slightly inside her jacket pocket now too. Tapping the handle of her gun with pleasure.

Mmm. Noticeably. Samatharis slowly widened her stance too. Just a touch. Because, well. All things aside now. Here's hoping Perl or Rand know how to make the locals feel comfortable with grand Jedi introductions. Otherwise? That crowd on the balcony up there was gonna be in for a show. And probably. The hard way too.

"Heh."

The dry, dusty human just started to smile again. He loved these kinds of desert stand offs. Boy o' boy. You could just cut the silence with a knife.

Delicious.

. . .

So, somebody say hello please
It's not nice to keep the good aliens waiting ya know
Oh,
And we're outnumbered 6 to 1 btw.
That crowd on the rooftops, ain't spectators
just sayin,
Whoever says hello?
Don't mess it up :p

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Caden Evesa Caden Evesa | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Kyra felt the tension grow in the air, but in a show of growth Caedyn Arenais was not around to see, she shook it off and ignored it instead. ...Probs for the best, he wasn't. Last time she had left without word-- hoy boy-- she was gonna be IN for it this time-- but that was for future Kyra to deal with. Current Kyra grinned, rolling back on her heels.

"Hi! I'mmmmmmmmmmmmm Kyra. Kyra Perl. I'm STARVING do you have food? We have, um," she fussed into her bag, the motion awkward with her one hand. "Money you like! At least I think you like it--" she turned it over in her hand, studying it. "It's not very edible so I HOPE you like it. But its really hot, do you have a bit of shade we can sit in while you get? You must-- you're not red. How do you do that? Do they ship sunscreen out here?"

Left with all eyes on her, Kyra prattled easily, a small wave of weak pheromones drifting throughout the air. The relaxing kind. Don't get excited. She gave the trio a disarming smile, subtly tucking the slung arm back out of sight.

Since he was squinting against the sun, Starlin had assumed a permanent (for now) expression of bewilderment. He gnawed on his lip in the silence that followed the strangers’ arrival, pouted, drew a deep breath, opened his mouth and—

Kyra beat him to the punch. He blinked, shut his mouth, went back to squinting. She kept talking breathlessly like a rambling rapper spitting rhymes. When she stopped talking, he had no idea what she’d just said. He only knew that she had spoken, and so far no one had hit anybody, so it must’ve been something nice. Man, did he suddenly feel really nice...

“Uh, we’re just passing through,” he said, smiling a little and holding up his empty hands. “Are you traders? We can trade, maybe. If you want. Otherwise, we won’t stay long.”

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Caden Evesa Caden Evesa Samatharis

He probably understood a total of three words Kyra said. She was quick on the draw to introduce us, well, not us, just herself. If the three aliens didn't understand basic then they most definitely couldn't understand Kyra. He lightly slapped his hand against his forehead, lowering it. He slowly shook it back and forth, saying a quick pray.

Please don't shoot her, please don't shoot her, please don't shoot her...

Thankfully Starlin quickly started talking. His offering of trade was good, and hopefully enough. These people were probably living off of all the new items they can get. Once the boy started to slow his words he quickly stepped up, taking his place. We can't let these people think we are scared.

"As me friend said, just passing through. We mean no harm."

He slightly lifted his hands in the air, showing that he head no weapons. But while they were still looking at the group they didn't noticed him barely waving his left hand. Slowly the dogs went from barking and growling to being a little calmer, but still alert. Hopefully they would stay that way. Doing a little woohoo in his head that the power actually worked, he hoped that someone else would speak up.

Samatharis Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Starlin Rand Starlin Rand Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

They were all going to die.

That was his first thought anyway. He almost felt bad when Kyra started talking. She wasn't entirely the most put together or capable speaker in the world, she very much got caught on her words. He looked between the group as she spoke, blinking a few times once she had finished.

She hadn't done awfully. Everything felt relaxed, calm.

Just calm enough for Starlin to swoop in and offer trade. It was a good call, if they were open to trade goods they may well be open to trade information. If they were open to trading information, the Paddy Pack may well have been able to get some information on their missing Jedi.

Okkeus reaffirmed the fact that they meant no harm. While no-one else was truly paying attention to the man, Caden felt the force rippling from the young Knight. He was very much in tune with his master, it was likely to be something he felt. He offered a weak smile.

Everyone seemed to be forgetting something basic, a very basic point. It was a super important point, something that would make or break the entire situation. Caden stood there for a few moments before stepping to the front of the Paddy Pack. He spun, looking at the group.

"Look, you all did amazing but. Big but. Are we sure they speak Basic?"

Samatharis | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Samatharis

S
Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Sorry to disappear on you guys! Writer LOAs happen I guess.
Anyway, here's the end of the story for your log books, head canon, and profiles. Lol.
Best wishes from here! Until next time!

. . .

fdbtIAz.png

Meeting Levy

Our heroes make peace with the locals and learn the name of their shady human interpreter, Hunter Smeck.
Smeck offeres them aid on their journey to find their lost friend and grants them introductions with the town's Boss, Levy
Levy tells the heroes about a secret treasure vault out in the desert where Master Verdnot was last headed.
But warns the party that none ever return.

dEl1YA1.png

The Hidden Oasis

Smeck guides the party to the edge of the desert and wishes them luck in finding the vault.
The heroes venture into a deep canyon filled with Force Illusions, colorful banners, and child-like puzzles.
Jedi heroes remark about how similar the canyon is to a Padawan training course and conclude that only a Force Sensitive could navigate it fully.
Near the end they come across a strange door with symbols they can't read.
A Force-Sensitive teenage girl in Mandalorian Armor appears behind the party and calls herself Loa.
Loa reads the symbols on the door and solves the puzzle for the party. Then guides them deeper inside the canyon.
Together they cross a small stream and discover an abandoned Jedi village.
The home of Raine Skywalker.

X8PsJ4i.png

Raine and Loa

Inside a small canyon temple, Loa introduces her Jedi Master. Raine Skywalker.
A female robot and a member of the Shard race.
Being hundreds of years old, and nearing the end of her prophesied lifetime, Raine is grateful for the heroes company.
However, Raine expresses remorse that she could not help the heroes friend Master Verdnot. Who is sleeping in a coma in her med-bay.
Without the anti-venom to cure the poison in his veins, Raine says Master Verdnot must remain in a stasis spell or he will surely die.
When Loa and Raine reveal that Levy has the anti-venom and that Smeck actually poisoned Verdnot, the heroes are quickly distressed.
It appears that Smeck and Levy will do anything to penetrate The Hidden Oasis and pillage the temple's vault.
Meanwhile, trouble has just followed the heroes through the canyon and announced itself outside.
It's Smeck and a small army.

Fy0FXH9.png

Assassin Smeck

Smeck appears in the middle of the Jedi village. Surrounded by a whole gang of local ruffians. All villainously bent on pillaging the temple.
Raine admonishes the heroes not to take Smeck lightly. As he is immune to Force Powers while he has that yellow lizard on his shoulders. A Ysalamiri.
Smeck announces that he killed Verdnot for not showing him the path to Raine Skywalker when the old man left the canyon to revisit his shop in town.
Unfortunately, the heroes solved the puzzle canyon for him and now he has come on the First Order's behalf to kill Raine and Loa too.
A battle breaks out in the middle of the village and the heroes are hard pressed to defeat Smeck and his lizard.
Padawan Loa is taken hostage in the melee by Smeck and the group is admonished to surrender.
Loa surprises Smeck with a Mandalorian gizmo, stripping him of his lizard companion, and Raine jumps in front of his retaliatory blow. Sacrificing herself to save her Padawan.
Meanwhile, the heroes quickly jump to incapacitate the now defenseless Smeck and defeat the remaining ruffians in the village.
Unwilling to submit to capture, Smeck stabs himself with his own poisoned darts and dies.

fdbtIAz.png

Deeper Poison

Loa is found cradling a dying Raine in the middle of the battle's aftermath.
Raine uses her dying breaths to tell the heroes that the temple vault is actually already empty.
It's sacred contents where granted long ago to Raine's own Jedi Master and traveling companion. Rey Skywalker.
Raine had simply opted to stay behind years ago to help the village and eventually settled there.
Sera accepts Loa as her own Jedi Apprentice and Raine dies.
Meanwhile, the heroes use Smeck's communicator to locate a fleeing Levy.
They find the anti-toxin and Levy is revealed as a member of the First Order.
An Away Team from the heroes' ship arrives to escort Levy back to normal space.
Meanwhile, the heroes return to the Jedi village to awaken and cure Verdnot.

lKp1r0X.png

Eyes Wide Open

Verdnot is surprised at all that has happened during his long nap. Grateful to Sera and the party for rescuing him. Yet immensely saddened at Raine's passing. He remarks that Raine knew of her death however and worried only about Loa's future.
Unable to defeat a Force-Immune Smeck himself, Verdnot is amazed to hear of his clever opponent's swift defeat.
Verdnot also exclaims that Raine's body was an evolution of her former self and that he might be able to reactivate her crystal matrix using her earlier evolution as a floating ball.
As such, Verdnot removes Raine's core, a small white ball, and asks if Sera and her new Apprentice, Loa, would like to join him on another daring adventure.
Sera remarks humorously that his last adventure almost killed him to which Verdnot replays happily, "Yes. But just almost."
When the heroes ask anything about the famous Rey Skywalker, Verdnot happily replies,
"Well. I'm sure she got what she came for long ago. But until I can revive Raine here and you can ask her yourself? Well. I guess your answers will just have to wait."
Raine's robot body is burned symbolically on a wooden pire during sunset.
The reunited heroes assemble once more and then return to normal space.

The End

ujzjcvD.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom