Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Last Regiment Of The One Sith "Light Breakers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Glory Be One Thee Who Never Lost Faith, Glory To Thee Who Never Surrendered. As The Last Will Of His Majesty, I Shall Give You Vengeance Or A Glorious Death. Break the Light. For The Emperor!"
- Mythos. Aftermath of Thyferra.

8227eec77c7752877fa6426dbd048c72.jpg

- Battle Of Coruscant. Lightbreaker Regiment. The Last Stand of the One Sith. Colorized. Circa 845 ABY

[SIZE=9pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Intent: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]To Submit the Lore of The Regiment that fought in the battle of Thyffera and to give TAE a cool regiment to employ. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Image Credit: X "The Ascent The Descent" By Kyle Wright Devianart.com[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Role: Heavy Infantry Regiment[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Links: [/SIZE]Invasion[SIZE=9pt] of Thyferra[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]GENERAL INFORMATION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]COMBAT INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Availability: Unique[/SIZE]
  • Deployment:Rare
  • [SIZE=9pt]Strengths & Weaknesses: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]+ The Legendary Light breakers: [/SIZE]The Flying of their Colors in battle is a boost to morale to Ancient Eye troops nearby as a message to never surrender, no matter the odds, no matter the enemy. They will chose death before surrendering and if they are against an enemy like The Silver Jedi or The Galactic Alliance or anything that resembles a Galactic Republic flag they themselves will gain a morale booster.

+Baptized in Fire 40:1: Just because they are outnumbered does not mean they are defeated. They are experts in fighting battles against all odds and even more, relish that kind of battle because it is the glory that they seek more than just victory.

+ Elite Veterans of a Thousand Battles: They have boarded ships, they have held sieges and taken sieges, they have fought in urban, jungle and open terrain. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience that they pass on to new troopers but seeing them in action doing their thing is a whole different animal.

+Beware of an old man in a profession where men die young.

- Time does not pass in vain: Most of them are old, as awesome and as strong as they are joints hurt and those knees are not what they used to be, neither is their backs. They are not going to preform in long ground treks as well as a unit their size green out of training. Age is detrimental to carrying huge weights and carrying equipment across large fields of battle or long distances. Stamina is a concern.

My Lord... They refused any of our new gear.... : Stubborn Old men the light breakers are, they refuse to have anything else than their standard equipment. Mythos forced the CARGS system because it is a standard weapon system in The Ancient Eye but other than that, they stick to their old guns and their F-11's and their Os-1's and Their Mark II's. That's not changing.

Good luck controlling them: Because Mythos is The Last Will of the Emperor, one who has never disavowed his oath as Will and his loyalty to the Emperor they owe allegiance to him, other than him? No one. He will deploy them and they will do whatever they feel like, they will not take orders and they will not be commanded even by the highest ranking officers of the ancient eye even if appointed by Mythos himself. Micromanaging an entire regiment is not something Mythos is keen on doing so they will be just that, a stand alone regiment who acts independently, brashly and with no regards to anything more than glory and the desire to kill the enemies of the Emperor. You can see how this this is a massive issue...

• Description: They date back to the beginnings of the One Sith, a regular regiment in the massive war machine that devoured everything in it's path, just a single regiment with nothing special. They were expendable and their history was not much more than a few battles and skirmish excursions during the main expansions into the territory of the Omega Protectorate. After they had their glory seeing as how they were really nothing special they were relegated to the core worlds as a main defense and training regiment for a large portion of the war of the Republic. They saw action again under Mythos in the battle of Chazwa. That is when they got the name, Light Breakers for their charge against republic lines breaking their resistance so they could get to Mythos and pull him out of the fray when he was wounded. Their colors were christened then, The Flag of the One Sith with a broken lightning bolt in the top and bottom to glorify their reputation as "Hard Chargers"

Again they returned to the core worlds and there they stayed until the great One Sith Civil war of [member="The Mephirium"] when they fought against him and the 501st street to street in the City of Coruscant. Sensing the decay of the One Sith the enemies of the emperor attacked relentlessly and this is when the One Sith regiments began to fall one by one. The lightbreakers however would never surrender no matter how dark it became and when the final battle of Coruscant happened they made their final stand.

Outnumbered like before against the 501st but with a good knowledge of their surrounding they were able to hold their own and beat back the horde of alliance troopers one by one until they ran out of ammunition and resorted to beating their enemies with their own rifles and picking weapons off the enemy dead. Seeing no Sith Lords and no support and refusing to beleive the Emperor was dead they decided to leave the battlefield in search for the Emperor and any Wills of the worlds who would guide them to victory.

None came for the longest time... In Hermitage they waited until the call from Mythos came for the battle of Thyferra. Seeing a chance at glory they joined the Last Will and had their revenge after so long had passed. Now, with renewed strength and vigor, their battle flag once again now graces the skies of the battlefield as a reminder to all around that they have never surrendered and they will never retreat again. The Knight of the One Sith [member="Abelain Narv'uk"] they also recognize and his presence also commands their respect but they not under his command. They are about 2,000 strong.

The Lightbreakers are an incredible story that walks, they bring morale and a sense of legend to the battles they are in. They are the standard and battle flag that rallies those who would stand against the Gold and Blue in all parts of the galaxy and it is a flag that all can rally upon when fighting the ever encroaching and harrowing light. Where the light seems unbeatable, the lightbreakers will be there to show that it is not.

Oath: Frange Lux. Enim Imperatoris

Alright.

A nice sub, I like it. Few points I need to raise but otherwise this is pretty good. The first point I want to raise is the spelling mistake of Thyferra in the "intent" section.

Secondly. How much of a morale booster is given from these units? My main concern is that these units will be giving allied troops these moral boosters. I'm happy with them giving TAE units a small morale booster but I don't agree with them giving allied units a morale boost as well. If that could be removed and the wording edited to make out that only a small morale boost is given then I'll be happy.

Third, can we hyperlink the faction these will be used for?

Forth, I'm going to offer you this so that you can properly source this image to codex standards.

The last point I need to raise is this. How many of these soldiers normally exist at one time? If we can get that edited in, awesome.

Cheers,
Kei

[member="Mythos"]

They might have been, but I still like having a rough count in the description just so other PC's know how many folks they're against :)

I'll trainee stamp this for [member="Taeli Raaf"] :)

[member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Mythos"]

[member="Mythos"]

So a few things as I read through this to be addressed:
  • F-11b is not linked to an approved Factory sub right now or a wiki article. Please fix this.
  • On a related note, I notice several pieces of equipment do not have an Open-Market affiliation so I will require proof that you have permission to use them.
  • If they are one regiment, at unique and with their pedigree, deployment would likely be rare.
  • Please describe this morale boost more clearly as I'm curious what the exact effect is.
  • Exactly how detrimental is their age when they are performing missions?
  • I'm curious about why these men would not have just gone and joined the Sith Empire when it formed, especially when if I remember correctly, the Wills were just a council designed to create laws within the One Sith. What is the reasoning to follow a Will when a former Voice is commanding the successor state to the One Sith?

Taeli Raaf said:
F-11b is not linked to an approved Factory sub right now or a wiki article. Please fix this.
Whoops, thought it was B it's D. Linked it tho

Taeli Raaf said:
On a related note, I notice several pieces of equipment do not have an Open-Market affiliation so I will require proof that you have permission to use them
None of that equipment is available anymore because it is all the old One Sith Equipment that ca be found in the One Sith armory Archives. The reason they have it is because they are a regiment of the One Sith therefore use One Sith Equipment. I don't have permission to use it, idk anyone that does but in order to make sense as an "Old Ancient Regiment from a dead faction" They use old ancient gear from a dead faction.

Taeli Raaf said:
Please describe this morale boost more clearly as I'm curious what the exact effect is.
Morale: Morale Is the Increase of Motivation, Determination or Desire shared by a community, team or group of individuals directed at personal or group goals. In the case of Military Morale it is refereed to as the desire to continue fighting, training or working towards their individual or united goals.

Taeli Raaf said:
Exactly how detrimental is their age when they are performing missions?
Added a bit more to expand on that.

Taeli Raaf said:
I'm curious about why these men would not have just gone and joined the Sith Empire when it formed, especially when if I remember correctly, the Wills were just a council designed to create laws within the One Sith. What is the reasoning to follow a Will when a former Voice is commanding the successor state to the One Sith?
You... Do remember they Staged a Civil war, Killed the emperor in the Battle of Coruscant With [member="The Mephirium"] bringing down the 501st effectively splitting the faction in two? Why would any loyal to the Emperor ally with those who killed him? Especially if, as i stated, they believe he is still alive?

It was an awesome thread but i do not have it. I can link it if you so desire with a little bit of time.

Also the Wills were rulers of planets, they were exactly that, extensions of his will.

Sucessor is a strong word.

[member="Mythos"]

• The Reckoning and Hyperion are affiliated with Browncoat Arms, the BTI Hex grenade is affiliated with Blas-Tech, the DKS Rifle is affiliated as closed-market, the D-TEK is affiliated as closed-market for the Dominion. Please provide proof of purchase or a thread obtaining these if you want to use them.
  • I would hope I know what the word morale means as I am currently pursuing my Master's degree in military history, so I do not appreciate having the definition of the word being thrown at me as though I do not understand what the word means. I wanted to know the quantitative effect their morale boost compared to when they are not present and when they are not fighting against an opponent like the GA or SIlver Jedi Order.
  • Can you please include a rough estimate of the age range of this regiment in that weakness?
  • Yes, I do remember the OS Civil War thread as I participated in it as an alt. I also remember the Emperor was killed in a thread prior to that as well by several Sith, including his apprentice Daella Apparine. My point still stands as several Voices, Sith that ruled entire sectors instead of just one planet, stayed loyal as much as Sith can stay loyal. So please explain why they decided to follow a former Will and not going off to join one of the Voices that remained loyal.
  • Successor state is not a strong word considering it was the next major Sith faction, run by several Sith that were high-ranking members of the One Sith.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Taeli Raaf said:
The Reckoning and Hyperion are affiliated with Browncoat Arms, the BTI Hex grenade is affiliated with Blas-Tech, the DKS Rifle is affiliated as closed-market, the D-TEK is affiliated as closed-market for the Dominion. Please provide proof of purchase or a thread obtaining these if you want to use them.
That does confuse me because they had these weapons already, they are listed in the armory of the One Sith Archives meaning that they already had access to these weapons when they were created. It would make no sense me purchasing these items to give to them given that as i already placed in their weaknesses that their weapons are from that era, they are the weapons that a normal regiment of One Sith Troopers would have in that era. None of the equipment is limited or minor or restricted. They are all mass produced, widely available weapons given to One Sith, Basic, Stromtroopers which at the end of the day is what these guys are. It's like a soldier in the soviet Union still having his standard issue Ak-47 laying around somewhere.

The idea for them having the old school get up and the old school weaponry and the old school equipment is because a S-Trooper of the OS at the time would have these weapons.

The Only thing Combat Efficient about them is that they have experience. These are not Elite Troopers they are veteran troopers, they have experience, they have seen and been through things, they do not have special training. Their special ability and what makes them special is that Morale Boost.

As for D-Tek i Have it from Blith Tech and [member="Nicademus Blith"]

Taeli Raaf said:
I wanted to know the quantitative effect their morale boost compared to when they are not present and when they are not fighting against an opponent like the GA or SIlver Jedi Order.
That is actually a good question. Took me some time to think. I guess that The Equivalent would be fighting an enemy for the sake of the battle and victory to fighting the guys who did 9/11. They oly get a morale boost when fighting factions that resemble The Republic and The GA, Soldiers around them get the morale boost when they appear.

"It's personal for them they will fight Twice as hard" I don't know if something like Morale could be quantifiable. I'm stumped there tbh.

Taeli Raaf said:
Can you please include a rough estimate of the age range of this regiment in that weakness?
Donadino

Taeli Raaf said:
stayed loyal as much as Sith can stay loyal.
Need i say more? None alive claim loyalty and fealty to a "Corpse Emperor". 2 At this time, claim Loyalty to The Emperor of the One Sith. That is Mythos and Abe (that i Tagged above). Purely for manipulation but quite publicly.

[member="Mythos"]

• The reason I want proof of purchase or a thread obtaining for things not affiliated with the One Sith is because while the One Sith had access to that tech through agreements and such, the faction has been dead for several years IC. Being able to hold onto all of that tech in that in-between period is just not plausible, especially if this unit was just wandering here and there. So, again, I am going to reiterate I want proof of purchase for the weapons from Browncoat Arms, Blas-Tech, and the DKS Rifle. Nicademus has confirmed to me D-Tek is allowed.
  • The morale boost can easily just be some along the lines as they fight twice as hard.

• Mythos said:
    The Only thing Combat Efficient about them is that they have experience. These are not Elite Troopers they are veteran troopers, they have experience, they have seen and been through things, they do not have special training. Their special ability and what makes them special is that Morale Boost.
    You bring up this point, and veteran troopers are usually elites, especially when you say they are the legendary Light Breakers
    Mythos said:
    + Elite Veterans of a Thousand Battles: They have boarded ships, they have held sieges and taken sieges, they have fought in urban, jungle and open terrain. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience that they pass on to new troopers but seeing them in action doing their thing is a whole different animal
    also this would indicate they are elite as you say they are elite veterans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom