Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species The Langer Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: [ Mostly wanted to try my hand at creating a creature. I'll probably use it for something or another if I put my strange plan into action. But it's still a baby plan rn.)

Image Credit: credit: Me. https://www.deviantart.com/hopenalive/art/Untitled-936806466
Canon: N/A.
Permissions: N/A
Links: [ I will if I start making more stuff.)
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name: [ Langer dog. ]
Designation: [ semi they can think and use tools. But pretty much have little to no morals.)
Origins: [ Umbra aka the shadow world.)
Average Lifespan: [ 1-18 years. ]
Estimated Population: Rare (A few groups, often limited to a single world)
Optional: 769
Description: they look like a deformed dog deer that rolls back the skin on its head to expose a skull.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
Breathes: [ carbon dioxide from mining and other breathing animals.]
Average Height of Adults: 7 feet / 2.134 meters
Average Length of Adults: 9 feet/ 2.743 meters
Skin color: ashy gray or brown.
Hair color: Some form of light brown-tan on their jaw, neck and tail. Though males have both red and tan/brown tails.
Distinctions: They walk on their knuckles like a gorilla and have hooves on their rear legs. The front arms of a male are bright red and spattered with stripe-like patterns. The older the male the brighter the red. Females are slightly smaller than the male but not by much. They have fawn like spots covering their shoulder fading out to nothing but reappearing at the rear.
Races: [ NA]
Force Sensitivity:Non-Sensitive (no members of the species are FS)
Strengths: they have incredible hearing. Can echolocate like bats.

They can run faster than the Jedi using force speed when at their peak performance.

Can awkwardly grab things when on their hind legs.

Packs. They hunt in numbers only in the dark. That's why they are exclusively set in umbra.
[ Provide, in list format, some strengths of this submission. 2 recommended. ]
Weaknesses:
Loose jaw grip. Their teeth are set oddly meaning rather than grabbing and holding there is more shredding involved leading to a very painful death.

Habitat happy. If removed from umbra and pulled to another planet by some force they normally die quickly from the change in habitat.

They will kill their weak and too small. This can be seen as both positive and negative but such a low number of them existing means it shall stay here.

CULTURE
Diet: Carnivore.
Though they may eat other foods like a cat at times they are still considered a carnivore.

They show very little preferences to food aside from a little variation in animals. Though if the occasion they are more likely to hunt down anything unfamiliar to them.

Can't eat
Any metal. Though they can tear through thin sheets of metal, ingesting any will make them very sick. With a possibility of death.

Communication: barks and high pitched moose like cry's. Reverberating growls that sound like they are choking on blood.

Technology level: will use things like rocks as projectiles and try to open things with large branches and such. So none really/primitive

Religion/Beliefs: N/A

General behavior: family life: They would throw their offspring at an attacker as a scapegoat. But adults have tightly knit communities and will gather at times to re-establish and strengthen bonds.

values: If they are not hungry you can walk by them pet them and just all around be buddy buddy. That's pretty much the extent of it.

how they raise their young: In the case that the young are alive at the end of the night. it will receive a lot of attention. Motherly care is given by all sisters and brothers. However small it may be. But in the end if it's them or the kid they will choose themselves.

how they find mates: They leave their current pack and slowly join another where males of that pack will pick over who gets to have her. When one is decided the two will leave to start their own family.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Evolution. This animal was first created by a group of Barghest dropped off at Umbra But as time went on it showed less and less of its normal features as they did better than a normal barghest on their planet. Time went on gaining odd colors and proportions until you got the Langer dog. Who even with very few of them around survived better than the latter

(A possible weapon I'm making would be harvested from there guts. ❤️)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom