Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Katarn

Status
Not open for further replies.
HaRan0y.jpg
  • Intent: Though initially made to be your standard Mandalorian bounty hunter / hunter armor, much of the armor has been repurposed due to spending several years in exile within the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk. Forcing him to rely on the Force over his technology, as well as on his lightsaber over his pistols, certain portions had to be replaced to allow for more nimble movement and overall maneuverability. Combining the appearance of Jedi robes with Beskar and a customized Mandalorian helmet, few would not be able to tell that it belonged to a Mandalorian warrior.
  • Image Source: Source
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: Beskar'gam
  • PRODUCTION INFORMATIONManufacturer: Thresco Jorr
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Model: Vsin'ah Beskar'gam (dubbed "The Katarn")
  • Modularity: Yes
  • Production:
  • Unique
  • Material: Zeyd Cloth, Folded/Micronized/Carbonized Beskar
  • TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONSClassification: Anti-Blaster Armor
  • Weight:Average
  • Resistances
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High
- Kinetic:High
- Lightsabers: Extreme
- Sonic: Low
- Slugthrowers: High
- Ion/Emp: High
- Elemental: Low
- Lightning/Electricity: Low
- Acidic Substances: Average
SPECIAL FEATURESDESCRIPTION
The personal armor of Thresco Jorr, the Vsin'ah Beskar'gam is a mixture of medium and heavy armor. Mixing carbonized, meshed, folded and micronized Mandalorian iron in specific spots to assure as much mobility as protection, a lot of thought had gone into it. The bodysuit to which all other portions of the armor are attached was made of mesh woven beskar, making for a durable and decently comfortable base. Every joint armor was made from carbonized beskar so as to reduce the strain on the joints on account of carbonized beskar being a lot lighter. Folded beskar was used for the arm guards, the shin guards, the boots and the exterior plating of the chest area. Due to folded beskar being the heaviest and the most durable of all kinds of Mandalorian iron, it was used in thin strips of 0.4 centimeters thick to keep the armor from weighing Thresco down.

The helmet is the most high-tech portion of the suit as it is linked directly to Torgost, the AI belonging to his ship. With a mesh woven interior to keep his head warm and comfortable, it was covered with folded beskar and fashioned into a helmet. Outfitted with a rebreather system linked to the life support in his chest armor, he is capable of breathing under water or in space for roughly 30 minutes. The visor is capable of switching between regular, infra-red and ultraviolet light and can record what Thresco sees thanks to the internal HUD that can be controlled with eye movements and blinking. Thanks to the connection with Torgost, the helmet/mask allows him to intercept com traffic and hack into it to allow others to hear him just as clearly as he can hear them. It also has a radar built into the armor that can be accessed with the HUD, allowing him to check for hidden rooms or hidden threats.

The gauntlets and boots have also been outfitted with additional perks. The gauntlets are made out of micronized beskar and a reactive fabric to enhance his hand-arm strength to the point where he can crush stone, bone and metal. The enhanced hand-arm strength and added stability for the entire arm was made for the primary reason of allowing him to fire his pistols as they cannot be fired without due to the heavy recoil. The boots have magnetized soles that can be switched on and off at will, allowing Thresco to stick to metallic surfaces should there be a need for it. The fingers and palm also have a special interface that connect to his pistols, connecting them to his HUD and keeping accurate track of how much charge remains in his Ion pistols, how many bullets he has ready, how long it will take for the gun to recharge and in which type of firing mode it is.

Strengths:
  • Though initially not much to look at, the armor looks like a cross-breed of your typical Jedi robes mixed with a Mandalorian armor. Made to allow for flexibility, maneuverability and protection from the local wildlife of the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk, the armor was upgraded while using some of the fauna as inspiration. Retractable claws in the boots and gauntlets allow for added climbing capabilities while magnetized soles in the boots allow him to keep himself grounded, as well as having crushgaunt capabilities within the gauntlets in case he ever needs to hold on for dear life. Taozin nodules worked into specific portions of the armor allow him to keep himself from being tracked by Jedi and Sith alike, as well as the fearsome Terentatek that stalks force sensitive individuals through the damp and dark root systems of the Wookie homeworld. For the purpose of hunting creatures and individuals, the helmet and gauntlets were made to synch up with his specialized pistols to keep accurate track of remaining ammunition and aid in aiming.
Weaknesses:
  • While still plenty durable, the carbonized mandalorian iron is more susceptible to taking damage than the folded portions as it is lighter than folded beskar. Due to the carbon being added in the forging process, it took away a bit of the structural integrity of true beskar, thus making it lighter and weaker than folded beskar. While it provided some coverage within the dark shadowlands, the dark grey and black armor makes him stand out in other portions of the galaxy. Additionally, the cloth in and around the armor might make it more susceptible to things such as fire, though the armor not possessing an over the top amount of electronics makes it better equipped to deal with EMP's.

Previous Incarnation of the armor found here: https://starwarsrp.net/topic/88464-vsinah-beskargam/
Changed requested at the time have been made, all links have been provided in the appropriate areas of the template.

Edit: Also switched out a link as it linked to an older version of ammo I never got to finish. I put up the armor again as, at the time, I need 17 posts total to get the total amount of Beskar. But since I am no longer making the shield I had in the works as an additional piece of gear, I imagine 14 posts would be enough. This link issue was in regards to specialized ammunition found here https://starwarsrp.net/topic/151274-lichbane-rounds1/

[member="Thresco"]

Hi, I am Vis, and I will be reviewing this submission.

It's been awhile for you in here and some things have changed a bit. First, I am going to ask that you use the armor sub HERE, as this is an armor and not a basic technology sub. I am also going to ask that you hyperlink the wookieepedia for the materials and tech you are using also, as well as the manufacturer. I know you have put a lot of work into this, and I am not trying to discourage you as it is a really neat set-up, but I do ask that you make these changes before we move on towards approving your submission. I am going to leave it up to you to choose to make the changes here or else to move it to pre-factory for the time being. However, please bear in mind, the holiday shutdown begins on Friday and likely any submission not approved by then will have to wait until 2020.

Thanks,
Vis

[member="Thresco"]

Hi, I really appreciate your making revisions and responding quickly. THIS is a recently approved Beskar'gam, using the present template. In that template at the link I gave you previously, you will see a link to THIS spreadsheet tool, which can use to balance your submission. As it stands, your submission is a bit underpowered and you can see how you can address many kinds of damage and/or resistances using this tool. Development threads aren't really called for any longer either, though I certainly appreciate your having included them. For materials, like Zeyd Cloth and Beskar, you should hyperlink them as I have done here, same for things like Taozin, etc. Also, you can link Beskar'gam in your "Canon Links" section, and for image source, we mean actually linking the page where you found the artwork, i.e. Art Station, Deviant Art, etc. so as to credit the author of the art. I know it seems like splitting hairs and a lot of extra steps from what you likely remember four years back, but Chaos has evolved some and we try to make sure that these links are present to make referencing the growing 'Wookieepedia' archive and the authors of artworks used are being credited.

If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to DM me, and I would be happy to help you with this.

Thanks,
Vis

Went over the whole thing again. Had some difficulty at first to get any of the coding to work, but I figured out how to do it, so I added in all of the hyperlinks to anything I could find a hyperlink for on sites such as Wookiepedia and Star Wars Fandom.
The link was also very useful, allowed me to figure out what to use and where to differentiate from other Beskar'gam, as I wanted mine to be a bit different.
Also tried linking the picture as I found it on Pinterest, but when I tried Hyperlinking it, it wouldn't work. When I tried clicking the image to see where it would take me, it took me to some Star Wars Gift site that seemed a bit... iffy, so I decided to just leave it as is. Hope that will not be an issue.

Regardless, I hope that'll do it.

Oh, and a side question: Do we have to make our own Lightsabers in a way similar to how this armor is made? Or is that not required?

[member="Thresco"]

You can make your own lightsaber, using THIS template ("Melee Weapons", look at the bottom of the spoiler window for a lightsaber-specific template). It's a pretty easy template and works just like this does.

As for the image source, try doing a right click and searching GOOGLE for the image. It's just gotta be posted on a site somewhere, not just the image itself. Usually, it's on something like Artstation or DeviantArt. Pinterest is a pain in the tookas I know, LOL.

Thresco said:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION Manufacturer: Thresco Affiliation: Personal Model: Vsin'ah Beskar'gam (dubbed "The Katarn") Modularity: Highly Modular Production: Unique Material: Zeyd Cloth, Folded/Micronized/Carbonized Beskar

For manufacturer, hyperlink your own character profile HERE. For affiliation, I'd suggest changing it to "Closed-Market" to conform with the template. And for modularity, put "Yes" and then briefly explain how i.e. its modularity and so forth. This will bring it all in line with the template more. We are using these templates to better clarify submissions and to help make them more standardized while at the same time preventing them from being plagiarized in future subs. I mean, we want you to be able to claim and keep what you have worked on so hard, you know?

Thank you so much for making the revisions you have, it looks so much better and it's really a nice armor system. I am glad the links were useful. Did you use the spreadsheet tool? Because balancing a submission is key to its approval, and right now you're a bit overpowered.

I might suggest that instead of dividing "Heat" and "Cold", you combine these as "Elemental" and remove the "Slugthrower" part altogether, as that is covered under "Kinetic". You can play with the spreadsheet then to bring it all into balance. After that, you should be good to go!

I am sorry if it seems like a lot of nit-picky stuff, but when you get the hang of it - and it took me awhile too and I know it can be frustrating to balance at times also - but you will be able to, with some experience, crank out a sub like it's nothing and build practically anything you can imagine in the Factory. It's a really cool system that frankly, no one else comes close to having and it makes RP so much cooler!

I hope all this helps, and thanks again for being patient and cooperative. I really appreciate it, on behalf of myself and the Factory, thank you.

Vis

It's not really nitpicking, it's just making sure everything is in order, so no worries, I understand.

I hope that the following edits have made things better:
- Lowered the chart a bit
- Combined things into "Elemental"
- Did the google thing and found a link that went to some random minecraft site, but probably did the trick

So if the armor is still a bit overpowered, let me know and I can look up this Spreadsheet to see what needs changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom