Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The joys of labor

Eliz_div.png
This was not the glorious future Jenn had in mind when she set out into the galaxy- and yet, she was fine with that. She had a place to call home, a place of work, and a semblance of normalcy that allowed her to be anchored into the present, rather than constantly looking for the next mission. So it was that the would-be smith collapsed with a groan on a couch, very much frustrated wit her lack of progress when it came to the forge, but pleased nonetheless by the overall progress of the store. Sure, Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan was the owner, but she took a great deal of pride in the progress they made since the acquisition of the workshop.

Hell, if it wasn't for Sam's habit to simply barge in unannounced, she might just feel comfortable enough to remove her helmet. But, just as she got the coffee going, she heard a door opening behind her, and immediately felt comforted in her choice to stick to the anonymity of her buy'ce. ''Had a long day?'' asked the Nite Owl as she turned around to face her friend, arms crossed and blissfully unaware of how easily the girl from Coruscant's underworld could picture her face since that fateful night.

The door to the mess room swung open and Sam marched through with furrowed brows and grease marks all over her face and hands. "Don't even get me started..." She grumbled as she marched past, taking note of the fresh caf already brewed. Without skipping a beat, she poured some sugar in and sipped at the mug as she turned to look at Jenn. "So much for karkin' closing the place down. Blaster bolts and stuff still got through, karked up a bunch of the speeders as well as my equipment! They're toast! Sure the speeders are easy to fix, but my repulsor calibrator, engine hoist, it's all karked up!" She ranted away, taking another loud slurp of Jenn's caf.

"I'm gonna karking kill them when I get my hands on them. Thos machines were top shelf stuff, I've been saving up for them for years! Now I gotta get them replaced and I don't got that kind of creds right now. I need those machines, though." Another shamelessly loud slurp as she leaned against the counter to figure out what to do. Her attention turned to Jenn again for a moment. "You're in front of that forge all day, how the kriff do you manage with that helmet and armour on all day?" She asked her with a shrug. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind seein' you out of the armour but still." She joked with a snicker.

Her smile disappeared again for a moment as she thought over the situation again. "I'm gonna have to check some things... no way in hell I'm downgrading to sub-par machinery again." She grumbled.

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Eliz_div.png
For a moment, the Nite Owl remained dead quiet as her good friend grumbled and took the cup of caf she had just made. She made no comment on the fact that she had just taken her cup- it wasn't like she could really drink it now that the two of them were in the same room, and beside... Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan looked like she needed it a lot more than Jenn possibly could. So it was that she listened to her ranting, drumming her fingers on the counter as she nodded her head every now and then to convey the fact that she was, in fact, listening to her (or rather, their) troubles. It was only when she started talking about her that she finally spoke, her voice practically dripping with mirth- she was starting to get used to her banter. ''With great difficulty'', admitted the would-be smith with a chuckle. ''And about two showers a day to keep the heat down.''

All mirth faded from her voice as she was reminded of the urgency of their situation- the store could not remain operational if their machinery was out of commission, and the Owl cared a great deal for the future of this gamble of entrepreneurship they had embarked upon. ''I know that look'', sighed the Mandalorian. ''And I know I will not be able to talk you out of whatever plan you're having right now, so I'm coming with you. Someone has to keep you from dying.''

Ever-loyal, she turned around as she reached the door, tapping her hand over her heart impatiently. ''Well? C'mon then!''

Sam eyed Jenn long and hard at the mention of the showers. "So you're the reason why the geyser struggles to get any heat going?" She commented. "I've been fiddling with that thermostat for days by now." She continued, taking a long and audible slurp as her gaze remained locked onto Jenn. "At least you won't be stinking up the place." She snickered as she finished off the caf and set the mug aside.

After some thinking, a solid idea crept into Sam's thoughts which showed on her face. Jenn caught onto the look rather accurately. She grinned at the Mandalorian as she got up to head out. "Now that's more like it." She quickly grabbed her holsters and jacket as she walked with Jenn, giving her a light slap on the backside as she passed the woman. "Right back at ya, chica. Let's move, we can take my ship. We're gonna need to cargo space for where we're going." After locking up the shop, they were off to Sam's freighter.

"Ah, the memories." Sam sighed happily as they walked through the mess room towards the cockpit. "You were absolutely plastered. Nearly thought I was gonna have to force-feed you caf or something." She teased, taking her seat in the pilot's chair before getting the ship airborne. A few minutes later and the ship was in hyperspace, bound for the Underworld of Coruscant. "Still got a lot of old contacts in Underworld who can get us some seriously good stuff for a good price. Theoretically it'll be a quick and easy trip... but I know those people. There's bound to be something that goes south and then we'll have to go weapons hot on them." She sat back and turned to face Jenn. "You hungry or anything?" A smirk formed as she sat forward. "You want a shower or something?" She teased, lightly poking the Mandalorian in a space between her cuirass plates.

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Eliz_div.png
The Mandalorian merely gave a theatrical gesture at that, resting a hand over her heart and reclining her head backwards, the back of her hand resting against her forehead. ''Alas, I am found!'' lamented the warrior, the sheer mirth behind her words almost too much, really- but bless her heart, she was doing her best to be somewhat... socially normal around her friend. The fact that she had made herself so very vulnerable in the presence of Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan during their first encounter made it easier for her to try and fit in, if only because she trusted her. Sometimes, she found herself sulking in the forge, hoping to put together the right words to convey how much that girl from Coruscant's underworld meant to her, how good it was to finally have someone she could call her friend... but she always failed. She was a laconic warrior, and that fact infuriated her when it came to putting her feelings into words.

That slap against her backside claimed a little yelp out of her, her hands instinctively moving to cover that particular area of herself- and there was little doubt that the warrior was blushing behind that helmet, ill-equipped to deal with the influx of sensations that resulted from what was supposed to be a rather... innocuous gesture of familiarity from her boss. ''It wasn't that bad!'' protested the Nite Owl, very much unaware of how hilariously false such a declaration was. Reclining in the chair next to Sam's, she let out a plaintive sigh in the wake of her words as she poked her. ''Trust me, I wish it was as easy as pulling off the helmet and munching down on whatever unhealthy monstrosity you are calling a sandwich this week'', admitted the girl in a rare moment of emotional honesty on her part. ''Hell, maybe I could accomplish the impossible and get you to zip it and stare in awe at my enchanting beauty, mmh?''

Sam laughed at the terrible defence put up by the Mandalorian, flashing her a smug grin that spoke volumes on its own. ”I think if we had to hit up the droid for some footage the story will be a lot different.” The amount of blackmail potential she had over the poor woman was amazing. She needed to find a use for it sometime.

She just had to make sure the part where Jenn took off her helmet got removed...

In the cockpit, Sam scoffed at the woman’s critique of her food. ”Oh come on, Jenny, it ain’t that unhealthy.” She teased, though her demeanour shifted at the prospect of Jenn actually removing her helmet.

”Now that might actually work. I might even sneak in a little surprise if you actually do that.” A devious glimmer filled Sam’s gaze as she sat forward, resting her head in her hands as she stared into the woman’s T-visor like a borderline predator. ”Hell, there might even be a healthy meal served up.” She snickered away as her attention turned back to the dashboard.

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Eliz_div.png
Had the Mando's helmet been off, Sam would have been able to appreciate how precious a blush looked on that freckled face of hers- but it wasn't, and perhaps it would never be again. Still, her body language betrayed such a reaction: she saw no need to mask what she felt around the engineer, fully enjoying the freedom their friendship brought her. No need to be wary around Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan , to keep an eye out for sudden moves or check her back ever-so-often: she trusted her, and it gave her a chance to open up, if only slightly.

Although she rolled her eyes and gave a shrug to convey how hopeless her friend's eating habits (if only by her strict standards), her demeanour shifted completely when the sly girl from the underworld brought up the idea of giving her a... a surprise, as she seemed so happy to call it. The way she stared right into her visor only made her more fidgety, distant memories of a certain night trying to resurface. So it was that the proud and indomitable Nite Owl froze like a deer in the headlights, the mere notion of throwing her helmet off and getting her ''reward'' visibly having quite the effect on her indeed.

It took her a little while to compose herself once more, breaking into a coughing fit to try and mask what had just transpired- and when she spoke once more, she was desperately trying to wrest control of the conversation once more. ''You know what? If this goes smoothly, I will be making dinner. How about that?''

Seeing the woman freeze up in front of her, Sam let out a snicker that lasted well beyond the force cough Jenn released. She could only imagine what her face was looking like underneath the helmet. When the Nite Owl finally found her voice again, Sam only saw more opportunity to poke further at her. "I ain't gonna stop ya. I can't cook to save my life, that's my daughter's job. Though I hope it'll be more creative than a military MRE or something." She quipped as she got up and gave Jenn a tap on her helmet. "You want a drink or something? I bet those cheeks are running hot right now under there." She teased as she exited the cockpit.

Returning, she had two bottles of water that she set on the dashboard in front of them. "Come on Jenny, can't I even get a peak again?" She whined with a hint of desperation as she checked the old freighter's systems... though she only realized her slip-up after the fact, far too late to cover up.

"By the way!" She quickly continued. "Have you ever been to some of the shady areas before? Nar Shaddaa, Nal Hutta, any of those places?" Hopefully it was enough to cover up the question.

This trip through hyperspace was taking far too long...

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Eliz_div.png
Just as she was about to answer her friend's words, the Nite Owl found herself raising an eyebrow, cocking her head to the side as she tapped her finger against her helmet- right where her chin would be. ''I'm sorry. Did you say daughter? You didn't tell me you had a child!'' She sounded... well, very much surprised, really- not in a million years would she have thought Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan to be a mother, and yet, here she was, her own curiosity surprising her. To delve in the affairs of others was not in her nature, but Sam was... well, Sam was Sam. Someone who made her feel deeply valued, whose sole presence served to remind her that she did belong somewhere after all, no matter how hard she tried to convince herself otherwise. Oh, her friend's little quip was rather spot-on: her cheeks were very much rosy, the Mandalorian wondering if this new tidbit of information about her friend would change what she felt for her.

Her quiet pondering as to the nebulous nature of the feelings she held for her friend was suddenly interrupted as she took in the swords spoken by her... and grew so terribly pale underneath the helmet. Slowly, without a sound, she turned to face the gunslinging menace to society she had grown so fond of, the tension in the cockpit rising to an almost oppressive level. ''Again?'' repeated the girl softly- too softly. Gritting her teeth, she tried to ignore how that nickname made her feel, focusing instead on the pressing matter behind the mechanic's wording, hoping and praying to the stars that this was all a misunderstanding- that Sam had not taken advantage of her and slipped off her helmet as she suddenly feared she had. Try as she might to remain perfectly composed, she wanted nothing more than to scream.

Sam was taken back by her friend's surprise, only realizing afterward that she never mention Ara to Jenn before. A rather big oversight on her end. "Um... yeah. Kind of a depressing story. Me and the guy I was with in Underworld were rather... deeply in love to put it mildly, and I wound up pregnant at sixteen. Not my proudest moment, but I had to give her away. Long story short, we got reunited a few years ago and things are chill now. She's training to be a Jedi on Kashyyyk, I'm planning to pick her up for a visit next month." A smirk formed on her face as she looked at Jenn. "Heh, having the two of you meet would be something to see. She's great, though. Bit of a mouth on her for an eighteen year old, but a good soul." She reassured her, though the smugness in her eyes betrayed her sentiment.

Ara and Jenn in the same room would be a joy to experience.

The casual air quickly evaporated, however, when her fears became reality. Jenn definitely caught that slip-up. Sam's smile disappeared as her lips pursed in thought. How the hell could she spin this one?

Turning to face her, Sam held her hands up as she sat forward. "Okay don't freak out, it wasn't serious! You remember when we got plastered? Basically what happened was you went to take your helmet off when you wanted me to kis- uh... basically..." Her cheeks were becoming a lot more red than usual as she released a heavy sigh. Perhaps coming clean would be a better option. "Yeah, basically you wanted me to kiss you so you took your helmet off." Perhaps mentioning that she obliged could wait for a bit.

"Like I said! Nothing serious. We were both plastered so I don't exactly remember much." A fat lie that was quite obvious. "So no harm done. I quickly slapped it back on for you when I realized what was going on. No hard feelings?" She asked with a nervous smile as she rested her hands on Jenn's knees.

This might go south real quick...

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Eliz_div.png
Jenn was quiet as she listened to her friend's words, clearly intent on apologizing for her prying later. For now, though... she could not help but smile softly at the thought of meeting Sam's daughter, even as she acknowledged the sad truth that her social skills still required some work to come anywhere close to passable. Seeing how the mechanic's face light up as she spoke of Ara was obvious enough for her to pick up on: this little Coruscanti rat she had come to regard as her best friend was fond of her daughter, and she found her joy truly heartwarming. There was something about seeing Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan smile that made her feel accomplished, knowing that the hardships she had faced were not without resolution.

But the glacial sensation of betrayal buried even the warmth she felt for Sam, her hands digging into the edges of her seat, restraining herself from giving in to panic. Clad in beskar as she may be, her anxiety reached a level that left her truly restless, practically unable to sit still as her mind warred with itself. Her Clan was all but dead, its people scattered, the last memory she had of them preserved through the traditions passed down by those who had raised her into who she was now... for her face to be seen was a disgrace- one that would result in two outcomes, both of which were utterly inapplicable. She could either be exiled (a moot point, now that her family was gone), or she could erase all recordings of her visage and kill those who had gazed upon her.

Appalled that her train of thought had even gone there, Jenn simply refused to entertain the thought of harming Sam.

It was all too much for her. Feelings were hard enough to deal with, but this absolute collision course between her values and the closest friend she had ever made? That, she found herself incapable to deal with, her body shaking as those hands rested against her knees... and the memories grew that much more vivid as the mechanic shared the details of what had unfolded on that night. It was her fault: pressured as she may have been, she was the one who to remove her helmet for a kiss, the Mandalorian thoroughly humiliated by the realization that she had nobody to blame but herself for tall of this. And yet, plastered as she may have been, alcohol merely dredged up her deepest thoughts and desires to the surface, loosening her inhibitions: sometimes, she found herself wondering if she could ever be with Sam, the line of thought returning time and time again as she worked at the forge... and, in these melancholic moments, she had found herself frustratingly close to the truth. That she had already acted on those feelings after the two of them met, hopelessly attracted to the boisterous woman's confidence and playfulness, finding in her the promise of something else than the introverted doubts and self-questioning that all but shaped her life.

She craved it, and that craving tormented her. She wanted to rest her hands on Sam's shoulders and confess that she had liked it, that she wanted more- but she was so afraid of breaking this wonderful friendship of theirs, and the maelstrom of conflictions emotions eventually caused something she had once learned to control.

Jenn began to hyperventilate, her fragile grasp on her own emotions leading to a breakdown: she was not quite sure if she wanted to slap Sam or kiss her again.

The distress was not immediately apparent for the mechanic as she gave Jenn's legs a gentle squeeze, staring into her T-visor as she waited for some kind of outburst. But it never came... thankfully. "I mean... if it makes you feel better, it wasn't a bad kiss. Hell, I wouldn't be disappointed if it was more than just-" She stopped with her terrible pep-talk when she heard Jenn's breathing pick up.

She quickly realized what was happening. "Oh kriff, uh..." She stood up and rested her hands on Jenn's shoulders as she looked into her visor. "Hey, hey, breathe slowly." She imitated a slow and rhythmic breathing in an effort to help Jenn relax. If the situation wasn't as tense, she would have removed her helmet for easier breathing. The last thing she needed was a fight between the two of them over this arguably silly situation. But then again, for Jenn it was a rather important problem.

"Just relax and take a deep breath. Don't burn out your helmet's rebreather now." She joked with a light laugh, hoping to calm her down and take her mind off it. Her hands adjusted to the gaps in her armour where she gently massaged Jenn's shoulders. Though the situation did entertain a thought that she had for a while now. What if there was more to it? Was she falling head over heels for the Mando? Not at all. But was she open to something more than what they had? The only thing stopping her from giving a resounding yes was that damned helmet. She had to restrain herself not to just yank it off to look into her blue eyes again.

And yet...

Her hands shifted upwards, resting on her cheek plates as she knelt down in front of her. "It ain't a stain on your honour or anything, chica. You got nothin' to feel bad about." She muttered as she quickly got ahead of herself. Slowly and gently her hands started to lift up the helmet, very careful in her arguably inappropriate choice of action. More than enough time for Jenn to stop her. With a gentle gaze and a heart beating loudly in her ears, she broke the airtight seal of the helmet as she slowly lifted it.

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Eliz_div.png
Jenn was proud of her heritage as a Mandalorian- and yet, she found herself endlessly irritated by the dawning realization that the strict ways in which she had been raised were the only thing standing between the two of them. The words of Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru returned to the forefront of her thoughts with a vengeance: there was no refuge left, no plausible way for her to deny the fact that the ancient ways she revered out of a desperate desire to keep at least something from her old clan alive stood directly in the way of her desire, of the pursuit of happiness the Sangnir spoke of.

Completing losing herself to the rising panic that sent her into this state of breathlessness, her only comfort was Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan 's attempt to help: the sound of her voice, the breathing she could focus on and try to match with her own, or how good it felt to have the mechanic's hands on her shoulders. Not quite an embrace, but close enough that she wanted more, so much more...

As soon a she felt those hands lifting her helmet upwards, the Nite Owl took a hold of her friend's forearms, her body language betraying her fearfulness- and yet, she did nothing to stop her, daring to hope against all reason that everything would be alright. Sam's gaze was entirely devoid of her usual playfulness and instead filled with gentleness, her words kind and reassuring: and so the distinctive hiss of the airtight seal marked the point of no-return.

Jenn immediately snapped her eyes shut, her breathing still uneven- impossibly afraid of acknowledging the fact that she had allowed this to happen, the redhead found herself overwhelmed with guilt as she realized how good the air felt against her face. With her helmet out of the way, she slowly managed to get her breathing back under control, her cheeks rosy from how utterly naked she felt without her helmet.

''How do I look?''

Her eyes fluttered open, smiling nervously after delivering that little quip in a hopeless attempt to move beyond the sheer emotional turmoil behind this entire situation. Bless her heart, the Mandalorian truly did try.

Jenn's hands quickly came up to take hold of her arms, but Sam felt no resistance or attempt to stop her. After halting for a few beats, she continued to pull the helmet up until Jenn's face was clear for her to see once more, only this time it was without the dazing blur of too many drinks smudging her vision. Her eyes stayed on her face as she realized the weight of the moment. This woman, who refused to take her helmet off for anything or anyone, allowed her to do just that.

The amount of trust Jenn put in her was not lost on her. And while honour was a word with no meaning for the former mercenary, she understood loyalty very clearly. This was a point of no return. For the both of them.

When Jenn's eyes opened again, Sam's gaze was there to meet her as she set the helmet aside on the floor next to the chair. A smile formed on Sam's face as she thought about how to answer the question. "Well... the helmet wreaks havoc on your hair and you could do with a tan..." She started with a casual tone, struggling to hold a snicker in. But she set the quips aside as a hand came up to rest on Jenn's cheek. "Not bad at all..." She finally answered with sincerity. Her free hand came up as well to hold onto Jenn as she rose to her feet. Her face drew closer until she was only a few inches away from her friend, her eyes not leaving Jenn's blue gaze.

"You feeling better? Breathing okay again?" She asked with a soft laugh. Her hands couldn't stay still. Her hands carressed her cheeks, ran through her flattened hair, and all the while she drew closer bit by bit. "You look way better when we're sober, I have to say." She joked.

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Eliz_div.png
None had ever seen Jenn's face before, save for her adoptive mother when she was first rescued and taken in as a a foundling. This, perhaps, was beyond mere trust: no other living being in the entire galaxy was aware of what lay beneath the ancient helmet, leaving Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan as the only person to see those captivating blue eyes that beckoned with how shockingly expressive they were for one who sought to hide her emotions from others.

Oh, she was used to the mechanic's quipping by now- but she found a certain sense of comfort in her words now, the warmth behind them comforting her as she faced the reality that her visage was bare. A soft sigh left her lips as she felt a hand resting against her cheek, the casual contact made incredibly intimate due to the sheer lack of experience she possessed in terms of skin-to-skin contact. Happily leaning against that hand as her friend rose from her seat, she was all too happy to maintain eye contact, daring to offer a timid little smile.

The experience was doubtlessly surreal: hers was the reputation of a proud and indomitable Mandalorian, and yet... the girl before her was simply happy to partake in what most people would consider a mundane show of affection. But, to Jenn, it was anything but that: the experience was overwhelmingly pleasant, her heart skipping a beat at the sound of that sweet laugh, keeping quiet as she enjoyed her friend's affectionate ministrations. Far too overwhelmed to quip back or say much of anything, her cheeks merely flushed at the teasing little joke of a compliment, sucking in a lungful of air as they grew closer and closer, until...

''Sam...''
Jenn whispered her dearest friend's name as their lips grew near, her longing very much obvious and kept in check by nothing else than the sheer timidity behind her.

The moment was silent between them. Jenn had nothing to say, though her gestures weren't lost on Sam. Leaning into her touch, her desperate eyes, the girl was lost. Sam could see it clearly, and she knew where she came from. She whispered Sam's name, and Sam responded with a smile. "Yeah, Jenny?" She quipped softly as Jenn came closer. Sam didn't draw it out any longer. She was holding the tension for long enough by now, and she made up her mind.

She closed the distance and her lips met Jenn's. She held the kiss for a few seconds before she pulled away. "Definitely better when we're sober." She joked. She took it one step further and surged forward to straddle the woman in the co-pilot's seat while her hands took hold of Jenn's cheeks again. Yeah... she could get used to this.

"Heh, seeing as we got your helmet off, how's about we get the rest off as well." She teased as she lightly tugged at Jenn's cuirass. But she knew that was too much of a stretch for the day. That can happen tomorrow. What was important now was making sure that Jenn didn't feel like she wasted the choice. "I'm glad you did this, chica. Trust in me enough for this." She gently tucked Jenn's hair back behind her ears. "I'm willing to give it a shot if you are." The offer was blunt and vocal, calling out both of their silent thoughts in a second. After her last relationship, she was a mess. She didn't need anyone else. Her official conclusion was rather simple as of late. All she needed was someone to listen to her ranting occasionally, and be fun in bed. But with Jenn, the thought of entertaining something more than just those to baselines was creeping up more and more.

Didn't mean she wasn't curious about what was under the armour, though.

"I am glad, though." She started again. "Now I can see just how bright these cheeks get." She snickered as she gently poked Jenn's cheek.

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Eliz_div.png
Oh, stars!

That shit-eating grin of hers, the way she called her Jenny as if she was precious and meant to be cherished- it made her heart melt, and she found herself impossibly enamored with the sensation of vulnerability that ensued. No need to have eyes in the back of her head, to look over her sensors every sixty seconds, to sleep with one eye open and to remain alert at all times: she could allow herself to enjoy this moment to its full extent... and she most certainly did. That kiss felt so very new to her, as if it was the first they shared (for her memories of their drunken kiss were more than a little hazy), a memory to be cherished and adored. And, immediately after, she was reminded why this girl captivated her so, chuckling warmly in the face of such a joke.

That chuckle soon gave way to a bright blush as she found herself straddled by the mechanic, the ''fierce warrior'' persona she often projected completely melting away as her companion's hands framed her face, realizing how nice it felt to be treasured in such a way. The poor girl was still stammering in a hopeless attempt to answer that teasing little comment about removing the rest of her beskar'gam when that impossibly gorgeous, happy-go-lucky mess of a shop owner tucked her hair oh-so carefully, her words gentle and kind- devoid of their usual teasing edge.

Inhaling deeply, she wrapped her arms around her loosely, smiling happily in spite of the utter and complete lack of experience she possessed when it came to such matters of the heart and what they entailed. ''I'd like that'', uttered the Mandalorian softly, laconic as ever. ''I... I really would.''

The powerfully intimate moment passed, her dearest companion poking her cheek and teasing her once more. With a roll of her eyes, she removed an arm from around the mechanic's back, bringing a finger to her lips as she lifted a brow. ''I suppose I was wrong. Even my visage isn't enough to get you to zip your mouth shut, Sam.'' What would have been a mercilessly cold remark if it were directed to anyone else was instead full of mirth, the Nite Owl doing her best to try and quip back!

Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan

Jenn didn't get a panic attack yet so that was a good sign. She was certainly enjoying the attention, that was painfully obvious. Her cheeks were burning bright and her entire demeanour was worlds apart from her usual stoic and cold appearance from the outside. Sam was enjoying every moment of this. As her arms wrapped around her, the mechanic scooted a bit closer against Jenn, a warm smile etched onto her lips.

She snickered at the woman's comment before leaning closer to her. "Well... an Iego angel you ain't... but I'll be damned if you don't come close." She muttered as she kissed the woman once again. While she was distracted, Sam took the opportunity to start fiddling with the straps and clips of Jenn's cuirass. Calmly she loosened it and tossed the armour plates aside. Just like before, her movements were slow and patient, giving the Mandalorian more than enough time to halt her.

In the back of her mind, Sam was realizing her own position as well. She was on the lap of a girl that was ticking all the boxes for her... she didn't even realize it was what she wanted.

After her last relationship fell apart, all she cared about was a bit of fun here and there, someone to keep her mind off things and help her stay busy, whether it was in downtime or work. The Concord did that well enough for her, letting her work on their vehicles for a healthy pay... but after coming to Hefi, the Mandalorian was getting more and more on her soft side. All the teasing and joking were little more than words, different than usual. It showed in her actions as well. She was horrible when it came to romance, but still her actions were soft and gentle.

This shy and skittish warrior was breaking those walls all over for her.

"Not gonna lie, ginger, I think I'm starting to like you way too much." She muttered, her hands resting on Jenn's neck for her thumbs to caress her cheeks.

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

A lifetime of war, honor and duty paled in comparison to the simple joy of straddling a gorgeous gal from Coruscant's criminal underbelly without a care in the world of authority and codes- a gal that made her feel wanted, appreciated, valued. The mere thought of parting from her Sam was completely inconceivable: she was lost, confused, and yet a simple truth reigned above all else. She wanted to be with Sam. There was no going back from this- from showing her face, lame and casual as it may seem to an outsider. Love was such a strong word, a word that would doubtlessly lead to her being ridiculed, and yet... she belonged somewhere now, to someone.

''You're gorgeous'', blurted out the Mandalorian, honest as ever. ''Foul-mouthed, but that's part of the charm. I want to stay with you, Sam.'' There was warmth behind her words- more warmth than she had ever cared to show, pouring her heart out to this outsider, this woman she had lied for, fought alongside with, and hopelessly fallen for. Her martial confidence collapsed around her, leaving a gentle, shy, and truly precious woman beneath all of the layers of strength and discipline- a woman in desperate need of affection.

''Nonsense'', brushed off the Nite Owl warmly, her features truly angelic as she smiled oh-so gently. ''There is no such thing as liking too much of a good thing.'' Knowing her dearest companion would have something to say about that, she lost little time before pressing their lips together again, her eyes fluttering close as she melted into this moment of intimacy. Stars above, the softness of their lips meeting was beyond compare.

Never before had she been so happy, and it showed.

''Can you... say my name again?'' asked the warrior sheepishly. ''I like it when you say my name, Sam. It makes me feel... warm.''

Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan

A grin formed as Sam listened to Jenn’s gentle words, constantly thinking of how to make the woman squirm beneath her. But before she could even get a word in, Jenn went for another kiss to shut the mechanic up. Sam didn’t mind that for a bit. Her request was certainly odd, and the jokes piled into her head as her hands snaked around the girl’s neck to hold her close.

But she didn’t have the heart. For a moment such as this, she didn’t want to sour it with a badly timed joke. Leaning in close, she smiled warmly at the girl. ”Whatever you say, Jenn.” She muttered softly into her ear before she let go of her to stand up. Her hand gripped the Mando’s as she pulled her along towards the crew quarters...

**********​

The ship finally dropped out of hyperspace, but Sam didn’t seem inclined to move a muscle in an attempt to steer the ship towards the planet. It simply hung in orbit as the mercenary stayed close to her companion. ”You know what we could also do? Just stay up here and enjoy ourselves...” She groaned, though there was no fooling anyone. Sam sighed as she got ready to pilot the ship down.

”Kark it, let’s just get those machines already. We’re gonna be out of business in a month if we don’t get them...” She looked to Jenn with a smirk. ”I think I left your armour strewn all over the ship.” She snickered away.

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom