Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Je'daii Order, Act I: A New Hope

She watched the boy curiously as he walked alongside her, as he climbed up onto the railing of the bridge and peered down over the great expanse below. Their home was high upon a ridge, the drop was almost frightful, but she trusted in the structure of Qae Shena to bring them no harm. Hopefully the others felt the same.

"It is far, you are correct, so far that it is difficult to see all the way to the bottom. Can you see anything down there, child? Do your eyes pierce the mist of the waterfall?" Down there, deep down below the rush of water and the glare of the dwindling sun, rested one object. Small, spherical, it would glisten if permitted as though waiting to be found. She regarded him closely, trying to see past the child and to the wisdom held within.

Asha had seen, though the Force came to her in ways that others could not make sense of. Even the girl herself had not made sense of it. Had Jyn not known it was there, she would never have seen it. Where on the line would this boy fall? How well did the Force grace him?

His response to her first question, however, was more childlike. Which was good, because he was a child. Intelligent, but youthful... With space to grow.

"The Force is everything and nothing, it is what you make of it, and your connection with it is personal. How it responds to you, and you to it, is unique. No other shall know it as you do..."

She smiled, and turned so that her back was to the great abyss below. That the boy had come all this way alone spoke volumes, and it gave her good cause to keep watch over him. By sending out the call, he was her responsibility now... And she would do right by him where possible.

"Are you thirsty, Sobaan? We can go and find refreshments if you like."

Besides, she could feel Asha's surprise from here. Had Jericho appeared to her, or was something else, something far more unexpected, playing on her mind?

[member="Sobaan Palle"]

"Asha!"

The squeal of voices surprised the young girl, who turned to face the merry little entourage of children. They had come a long way since the disaster of Neelgaimon, truth be told she had never thought to see them smile again. But their age made them more perceptive to change than others might have been, and the patient care she had provided mended broken spirits. The orphans crowded around, picking at the offered food and chattering among themselves... If only Cedric were around to witness their transformation, alas the man had left them after finding the second town raided, muttering something about revenge, and she had taken it upon herself to bring the children to a sanctuary.

Where better than Teth?

"Save space in those tummys for dinner, you hear? And... Hold on one second..."

The children merely grinned, before turning around and running off with their goodies in hand. There were several new children here too, brought by Je'daii who had ventured to the Gathering. They would not be without friends.

But right now, something else had her attention. The pinging of her datapad, which hadn't been used in quite some time, drew her eyes to her usual rocky seat, and she moved to where the device was laying.

The message began somewhat serious, and by the end had a gigantic grin playing on the young girl's face. A Je'daii who had not yet made the pilgrimage had contacted her, and she was itching to go and find Jyn to show her. She doubted the Epicanthix would mind if another joined, in fact ... The name rung a bell. Someone Sargon had mentioned during their time together.

Oh, the Zabrak would be delighted!

She ventured from the Crystal Gardens and out into the Sunken Courtyard, where Jyn was stood chattering away to a young boy. She stood on the edge, waiting for Jyn to be free so that she could discuss the transmission. No sense in being rude, after all. Such was not Asha's way.

[member="Spencer Varanin"] [member="Sobaan Palle"] [member="Stephanie Swail"] [member="Sargon Vynea"] [member='Jericho'] [member='Sam Quin']

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
Stephanie's face dropped a little at the thought of [member="Jyn Sol"] being lured away, by a Sith Lord of all people. But she had proved the Light was stronger. She was here, now, leading a new generation. That was inspirational. That was proof of the power of the Light.

She stood back and let [member="Kyra Sol"] explore and get giddy about the junk shop, or whatever it was. Stephanie hadn't been good with tools. Weapons maintenance and basic repair, yes, but thinking outside the box and fixing things...no. Not that clever or skilled.

"We stay here as long as you want, Ky. You saved my life. For that, you have all the time you need to do what you want."

Leaning back on the stone wall, warm to the touch, she squinted and looked back to where they had come from and took a moment to take it all in.

"Everyone looks happy. Hopeful." It warmed her heart, and she felt good. That feeling was there again, and she bit her lip, thinking what to say. "Ky - do you know how empathy works with the Force?"

[member="Asha Hex"] | [member="Spencer Varanin"] | [member="Sobaan Palle"]

Sobaan Palle

S
Could he see anything? What was there to see? Curiosity was going to get the better of him now. She shouldn't have asked such a question. He leaned further over the railing, eyes opening wider as his mind opened him up to the Force and he started to see the ebb and flow of it through even the mist itself. There was something down there. It looked like a ball of some kind. He couldn't really say for sure given how far away he was, but he didn't really know what it was he was looking at.

"What is that?" he inquired, leaning further still and coming dangerously close to toppling over. "It looks like a ball!"

And just like that, over he went. A slight yelp escaped him, but he managed to land a hand on the underside structure of the bridge, which stopped his fall.

"Whoa... That was close."

He scrambled across the underside of the structure and flipped his legs over the edge. Tongue stuck out the side of his mouth as he concentrated on wrapping his leg around one of the railings. When he'd finally managed to do it, he released his hand grip and quickly grabbed the edge of the bridge to hoist himself up on the opposite side from where he'd fallen. A huff of breath escaped him as he climbed back to his feet and looked over at the Fire Lady. He'd heard her mention getting something to drink and now that he'd gotten that near death experience in, he was actually rather thirsty. His stomach rumbled. Apparently he was also a little bit hungry. It HAD been a while since he'd eaten.

"Got any juice and crackers?" he asked as he walked over to slip his hand into hers so she could lead them to where they were going.

Totally nonchalant about nearly dying.

[member="Asha Hex"] | [member="Jyn Sol"]

With a soft, yet proud smile Sargon turned away from the gathering and returned to his ship. They were doing just fine without him, and he couldn't have been more satisfied about it. The greatest sign of success was when you strengthened someone until they no longer needed you. He'd stay a few nights, for the company if nothing else, but he doubted it would be much longer then that.

The kittens were all adopted by the new students quickly enough, and his own cat had also run off it seemed. Perhaps it was better for them to finally settle down, the void of space was no place for a mother cat after all. As he walked into his meditation room he was something interesting, the red blinking light of a waiting message. He didn't receive many calls these days, and the list of those who knew how to reach him was exceptionally short. So it was with quite the curiosity that he started the message.

His hand slowly moved to a spot on his head, a small bloodstain that had never vanished. There was another behind his ear, blood marks from those he'd pledged loyalty to. One was gone, and the other before him once more. He didn't bother sending a message back, but instead sat down to meditate. Opening himself to the Force his mind went with it, swooping through the galaxy in search of her. The blood made it easier, he was no witch, but the Force still tied them together. Besides, he'd know her signature anywhere.

He found it shortly enough following the trail back to her, and with familiar ease radiated peace and calm in to the empath. She didn't need it, he doubted she ever did much, but it let him serve. 'My Queen'

[member="Spencer Varanin"]

"How did you--" all at once the child, who had been perilously close to tipping, did exactly that. Jyn reached out through the Force, instinctively clinging to him... The very idea of a child falling to his death was terrifying to her, and her skin immediately flared up until it was ashen and threatened to bubble up.

Yet... Somehow... the child had not fallen at all. And now he was scaling his way back up the bridge and to safety. He didn't even seem surprised, and a quick check over him proved that he wasn't in shock. What a strange boy he was. She released her hold, exhaled a long breath, and allowed her body to slowly return to normal.

"No more leaning over railings." Another small exhale, she could feel her heart quickening as though she had been the one to almost fall. "Understood?"

She took his hand and turned, the promise of crackers and juice in the air, before noting Asha stood there. Jyn tilted her head to one side, she seemed anxious. With a gesture of her free hand she beckoned her Lorrdian friend over.

"What is it, Asha?"

"I just received a transmission, from... [member='Spencer Varanin']"

Jyn blinked. It was a name she had heard before from the mouth of Sargon, in truth it was one she had heard throughout her time in the Galaxy. But never a being she had met.

"What did it say?"

Asha held out a datapad, and Jyn took it without hesitation. Once the contents were read, she gave a slight nod of her head... And then smiled.

"I daresay Sargon will be pleased. By all means, transmit her our location and extend an invitation. A friend of Sargon is a friend of mine."

She peeked down at the little Palle, and offered him a gentle nudge.

"Now, let's go get those crackers, shall we?"

A kind smile at Asha, who was already busy making her response, before she led Sobaan through the Courtyard and into the Crystal Gardens. A true beauty, but then again what within the Temple wasn't? Maybe the workshop my sister seems so intent on rummaging through. The rest? Well... The rest was breathtaking.

[member="Sargon Vynea"] [member="Sobaan Palle"]

While waiting for Jyn she had watched Sargon venture away toward the Hangar. A slight frown pulled at her lips, and alongside it a worry arose that the Zabrak was leaving so soon. He did say he would remain here only for a short while, Asha. You cannot become dependent on these people, on Sargon or Jyn... You need to be strong within yourself, remember? Wasn't that what we agreed?

Still in the coming minutes no ship left the Temple, though others did arrive - late to the party but as welcome as the rest. He always did prefer his ship, she couldn't blame him. By her feet baby Azrael was purring, and she reached down to fuss behind his ear.

Then Jyn approached, and following a brief discussion it was agreed that the Lady known as Spencer would be welcomed among them. Asha had never doubted that fact, but being that Jyn had coordinated this Gathering she thought it only best to make sure. The Fire Lady was older than she, she had seen more, perhaps that had helped in her decision. Perhaps she, like Asha, had heard of the woman from Sargon. Who knew.

In the end, Asha turned and found a seat; her focus now was on composing a response.

Lady Varanin,

We are honoured by your wish to join us, and graciously accept; any friend of Sargon's is a friend of ours, and your wisdom and experience will no doubt prove invaluable to our Order. Enclosed are the coordinates to our Temple on Teth. Guard them well.

- Asha Hex

The previous mention of crackers left her own stomach rumbling. Perhaps she should find something to eat, and then hunt down [member='Sargon Vynea'] with the good news.

[member='Spencer Varanin'] [member="Sobaan Palle"] [member="Stephanie Swail"]

Her hands could not, would not, keep to themselves. She touched speeders, half-fixed projects, power packs, plating... Her eyes lingered over every inch of the space, up into the rafters where even more things lingered. It. Was. Paradise.

And she was sharing it with her friend.

Kyra turned and looked upon Stephanie. "You owe me... Nothing. Do you hear? You helped me just as much as I helped you, so we can enjoy this experience together."

She reached back out to take the woman's hand and gave it a squeeze.

"We are friends, Stephanie. And something tells me that will always be the case. I realize all this mechanical mumbo jumbo may not be your thing, what is it you want us to find?"

And then came the question she had honestly been expecting ever since the day on Jakku when Kyra's previous time there had been revealed. She chewed over the question for a moment. In truth Kyra knew little... But she knew someone who knew a lot.

"You should reach out to Jyn, Steph. She was born Empathic, it plagued her for most of her youth... But she seems to have a grasp on it now."

[member="Sargon Vynea"] [member="Sobaan Palle"] [member="Stephanie Swail"]

Sobaan Palle

S
"But how was I supposed to see the little ball if I didn't get closer?"

He frowned at Jyn as she told him no more leaning over railings. Besides, he was perfectly fine. The amount of time he spent climbing trees and jumping from tree to tree in hunt of prey had given him a good grasp on how to handle himself when he fell from said trees. A bridge was little different. Not to mention that he'd had the awareness thanks to his physical being to figure out what to do. Though his montrals weren't yet fully developed, they still gave him a spatial awareness greater than that of the average being. Of course she was his elder, the Fire Lady, and he was a little upset that he'd upset her, so he hung his head a little and nodded in response to her demand he not lean over railings.

The other lady whose name he didn't know but he preferred to think of her as Minder because his eyes couldn't see into her mind, approached them with a message for the Fire Lady. The two seemed more than a little pleased with something and he wondered what it was, but it seemed to be that someone was coming. A her, but he didn't know who that meant. There were a lot of hers here. Pretty ones, too. At ten years old he'd mostly gotten over the cooties phase, and he'd seen some of the other boys kissing girls before, so he figured it was probably okay to like the pretty girls.

"Yes! Crackers!"

Jyn's attention had returned to him as she led him off across the bridge and through the courtyard to the crystal gardens. When they entered his eyes went about as wide as they possibly could. So many little shiny crystals! However was he going to keep his mind off of them?

"So many crystals! What kind are they? What do they do? Do you know?"

Crackers and juice were still drawing him in, but his mind was slowly begin to work its way away from it. If she wasn't careful, he'd get sucked off on a different adventure than the one of getting refreshments.

[member="Jyn Sol"] | [member="Asha Hex"] | [member="Kyra Sol"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Sargon Vynea"]

Stephanie Swail

Stephanie gave a little squeeze back, a confused smile on her face, as she played with a loose strand of hair.

"I owe you everything, and that's the end of it."

She sighed, and looked back to the masses.

"I need to open up to the Force. I need to train. To learn. Learn to understand, to fight, to protect, to...to do all those things. I will seek your sister. I will see if you can help me understand."

Her eyes danced across the ground for a second, afraid of asking.

"Do you...will you, I mean, if you have time, can you t....train me in the Force?"

It was what she wanted more than anything.

[member="Kyra Sol"] | [member="Sobaan Palle"] | [member="Jyn Sol"]

Now that nobody's life was in danger, she eased up and smiled down at the child. Truly it was surprising that he, like Asha, had actually seen it. She had no doubt Asha had more years of training, which only made the entire thing more... Curious.

"I do not know what it is, I have never been down there to look for myself. Perhaps one day we shall, hm? For now, that you saw it at all is enough."

The child had been patient throughout her exchange with Asha, and for that he most definitely deserved the promised treat. The Crystal Gardens were not too full of people, many were off exploring the entirety of the Temple and she could not blame them. There was so much to see here, it felt like a true community. One to be proud of.

Jyn smiled, and gestured to the various treats available. Some of the young orphans were slying further sweet rolls and the like, but she allowed them. One day of treats would not do them any harm, it was a day of celebration after all.

"Help yourself, child"

He was transfixed by the crystals, however.

"I have never taken one from their slumber to know what they do. They are happy here, they enhance our focus; this is a great place to meditate, in fact I encourage you to do so whenever necessary. But... Do not dislodge them. A day will come when a crystal will choose you, whether from amidst this garden, or on far off worlds, and then you will know that it is time."

[member="Stephanie Swail"] [member="Sobaan Palle"] [member="Sargon Vynea"]

The question was wholly unexpected, so much so that Kyra forgot to argue against the silly life debt. Truth be told Kyra herself was in the exact same position as Stephanie was; she was only just opening herself to the Force, only just learning to utilize it. She was in no position to help anyone train.

And yet she felt compelled to regardless. Connor had helped her unlock her potential... It would only be right to pass that on.

"I am just as new to this as you are, Stephanie... However, perhaps that means we can help one another? I overheard Jyn talking to that young boy, she said everyone's connection is personal. Maybe that means we can figure it out... With a little help."

There had been plenty of Je'daii in the auditorium who had expressed the fact that they had no formal Master, that they put themselves through the Trials. Perhaps that was what the both of them could do, then? Perhaps they could carve their own paths, instead of relying on anyone else.

[member="Stephanie Swail"] [member="Sobaan Palle"] [member="Sargon Vynea"]

After a quick stop off at the Gardens, to acquire something to drink, and a sandwich for the road, Asha made her way through the Temple and back toward the hangar which was hidden in the rock below. The turbolift did not take terribly long to get her to the subbasement, and once there she spotted his ship without issue.

Sargon had shown her much of the Universe onboard that vessel. She wished he could do so again; he had been the only real mentor she had known, he had opened her to possibilities she had never known existed. His view of the Galaxy had supplemented her flow walking perfectly, it had helped her through the dark days aboard the Graveyard.

She wanted to talk to him about it, about all she had experienced. She no longer feared Aellin. The Force swirled within her, strengthening her. She felt whole again. No more paranoia.

Quietly she made her way up the ramp. The holocall was already over by this point, so she wasn't interrupting. Her feet knew their way around the ship as well as her own, and she inhaled its scents and smiled.

"Sargon?"

She did so hope she wasn't interrupting.

[member="Sargon Vynea"] [member="Stephanie Swail"] [member="Sobaan Palle"]

Sobaan Palle

S
The crystals. They didn't call to him, per se, but he sure as heck was drawn to them. All he wanted to do was go over and rub them and pick one up and take it with him. But Jyn said that they were alive, and so if he picked one of them up, he'd be hurting it. Of course she also said that the time would come when a crystal would call to him. He didn't rightly know what that meant, but he figured it was important and that he would more than likely find out at some point. But oh how he wanted to go and play with the crystals. It almost overpowered the fact that he was actually feeling kind of hungry. Almost. The fact that the other children were indulging snapped him to his senses and he went over to pick at the food. Only one sweet roll did he take. The rest he took were crackers or fruits or vegetables.

The other kids were all running around rambunctious. His momma said that was what happened when someone ate too much sugar, which was why he rarely ever at it. To be honest, even though he liked sweets, the vegetables and fruits made him feel better. Sweets ended up making him feel all icky.

"What's it mean to meditate?" he asked as he walked back over to the Fire Lady.

Orange eyes looked up at her as he nommed on a tuber of some sort. It tasted good by itself, surprisingly enough. He didn't even know what it was! He ate it, though, and didn't seem at all bothered by eating it. Unlike his mother, he didn't have as many sharp teeth in his mouth. He had a mixture of sharp and grindy teeth, which was why he enjoyed things other than meat.

"And what does it mean that a crystal will choose me?"

[member="Jyn Sol"]

Stephanie Swail

Stephanie hid her disappointment with a smile; that typically brave, strong smile.

"Of course. That sounds good. Come on."

She moved off again, wondering if, truly, she would ever find a path to walk, and if she would be someone great. A leader. A fighter. Everything she dreamed. The Dark Side scared her…and if she couldn’t defend others from it, what was she here for?

The young Togruta and Je’daii leader were in conversation with others, so she quietly tip-toed through and stood to listen.

[member="Kyra Sol"] | [member="Sobaan Palle"] | [member="Jyn Sol"] | [member="Sargon Vynea"]

Eyes still closed he smiled when he felt Asha enter the room, he didn't speak but motioned to the spot in front of him. As she sat with him he opened his mind to her of times long past that swirled in his head. None of us began as we are now, Asha. The start is the most difficult part in almost all professions, from the writer with his blank page, to the engineer with the idea of creating a solution. So often we focus on those times, when the clay doesn't hold, or when no one in the room can agree how a thing can be done. It frustrates us, keeps us from growing, because we forget the now is always flowing. Its a river no one can dam, we have no choice but to flow with it. I once lived among a people of the 'now' a place of true second chances.

Opening his mind to her he showed her a young Zabrak, lost within himself and the galaxy at large. A soldier of the Fringe worlds, a man who needed a second chance and a place to run to. It was there I found a purpose, something worth fighting for. The government was barely more then a military junta allowing the worlds it protected to live in peace and relative freedom. Founded of all things by a former Jedi and a Sith Empress. They brought peace to wild lands, and in doing so created a beacon for true freedom. I first touched the Force there, and though those around me were neutral or practitioners of the dark side I received no malice for my position. I was treated fairly based upon my merit and treated generously.

He showed her flash images, a young soldier using gas to clear a control room before shutting down defenses. There was no malice, he was a soldier and it was his job, his first real mission. From there he grew to a position as Governor and touched the Force. In all my travels I have never seen a place like this again, a place where people who should be enemies can be allies, and friends. A place where you can truly leave your past behind you. A place to call home. I know you can Jyn can create that here, and you will. Shed your past here with me, my friend, and leave this ship a different person, a free person.

[member="Asha Hex"]

Jyn rather curiously took note of what the boy had chosen, and was genuinely impressed; he had the willpower to not simply take up every sugary snack that was present... Perhaps that was what came from an isolated upbringing? Then again, I find that vegetables taste better than sugar filled treats anyway... Regardless she gave a nod of her head in approval and found a spot on one of the blankets for them to sit while he ate.

"Meditation is the process of emptying ones mind of thoughts and emotions, of finding the peaceful center we all hold within ourselves; it's a good way to figure out our path in life, it allows for deep contemplation on one subject of thought. For Force Users it allows us to attune ourselves with the Force, too. And these crystals help in those endeavors."

She could not explain the why of it, all she knew was that they did. And that was good enough for her, the Force did not need to explain itself to the Fire Lady anymore for she had accepted it as it is.

"As for the crystal choosing you... Everyone's experience with the Gathering is different. Although Sith... Don't typically go through it, as they have synthesized crystals for the most part. That's crystals which are created, not grown. Some people claim that the crystals will sing to them, others will feel a distinct pull toward one. It's difficult to say for sure. All I know, is that when the time comes you will know. The crystal chooses its user, and after you attune yourself with it it can be used within a lightsaber."

She pondered on that for a second, before nodding once.

"In fact, there's a task for you. I want you to research lightsaber crystals, Sobaan. Find out what you can about the various known ones across the Galaxy, and the part they play within the construction of a lightsaber. We have archives that you can freely access, if you would like to utilize them."

[member="Sobaan Palle"]

Sobaan Palle

S
"So... meditation is daydreaming?"

That was the simplest analogy he could think of. Daydreaming was what happened when one let go of the things around them and focused on their inward self, albeit that focus was on allowing the mind to wander completely uncontrolled and had little affect on the body aside from relaxation, but it was, essentially, the same thing. No? He nommed the sweet he'd taken from the table and looked back at the crystals. The notion of one of them choosing him still seemed a little strange, but then a lot of things seemed strange to him. The whole idea of even coming to the world had been strange to him and his mother hadn't exactly been thrilled about it either. Yet there he was, on a foreign world, eating food with a woman made of fire.

She mentioned the Sith, however, and he beamed a little.

"My papa is a Sith! His name is Leos, but he calls himself Ignus, which means ghost light."

He nodded his head and finished off the sweet before frowning curiously. Research on lightsaber crystals? That would be different. He knew nothing about them at all, save for the fact that his father had a lightsaber which obviously meant he had at least one crystal. Though Jyn had just said they often make their own, so he wondered if his father had done that. He looked quizzically at the crackers in his hand for a moment before looking up at her.

"I can do that. Promise."

[member="Jyn Sol"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom