Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Jackal

sith-red.png

Rapture. Homeworld, or the closest thing anyway, for the Sangnir. In truth Alina knew little about the planet or their people, but that was why she wanted to come along here anyway. She leaned back comfortably in her seat, glancing only once towards her pilot. Vincent. Her ever faithful butler. And current pilot. "How long until we land?"

"Not long at all. We will be arriving shortly."

Alina nodded once, glancing out to the blur of hyperspace. Adeline had been doing much better for herself than Alina had expected. Then again, it had been a lot longer than she realized. Or shorter? Death had been timeless. She frowned just a little, but it wasn't a thought she was going to linger on long. She wanted to see her deer companion, and see just how much the Jackal had grown.

Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua

Tag: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Over time, Adeline had been able to slowly turn a small section of this place into a mostly stable camp. Tall steel walls lined the place, turrets and guards all patrolled. It was clear this planet was hostile, not fond of its newest guests.

Once Alina's ship would exit hyperspace it would be directed to a landing bay attached to the camp, while up in the skies, Alina could get a good look of Rapture as the ship broke past the clouds. A crimson planet that held many old yet still unbroken buildings of dark obsidian, this place... It had much to explore and much more to plunder if so desired.

As the ship landed it would be met with a small group of troopers, no guns were raised of course...

"Checking in.... Ship 1332a, docking past noon. This one that lady Keres is expecting?"

The other trooper would simply glance at their direction.

"What? Because we get many visitors here? Obviously she invited them, how else would anyone find this place?"

"Point made, Jackass."

They then send a call to the ship.

"Ship 1332a you have the go ahead to power down, you can find lady Keres in the camp.. Biggest tent."

sith-red.png

"Keres?"

Alina glanced to Vincent once the com was cut. Vincent only shrugged in turn as he guided the ship down to the landing zone. "Your guess is as good as mine, my Lady." Well, that only meant there was one way to truly get an answer. She got up, giving her butler a simple nod as she went to the ramp.

"Feel free to wander at your leisure, Vincent."

"Fact finding?"

A bemused smile took over as she nodded once, then disappeared down the ramp to head right for the tent. Head high, red eyes glowing against the black where there was once white. A mark of one returned from death, as she understood it. It only made her vampiric nature stand out that much more. She stepped right into the tent past the guard. No Low Blood would dare halt her. that was just the way of their species.

"Adeline, my dear, it's been far too long hasn't it?" She smiled wide as she entered, practically making a show of the fact she was alive and well with a slight twirl. "Not that we've changed in the slightest, of course."

She had been looking over a report when Alina made herself known, there were few that could rip her attention away from research, and her fellow Sangnir was one of them.

"So it is true... You either didn't die, or someone brought you back before I could."

Adeline sets the data pad aside, giving Alina a welcoming smile.

"Do you remember? My dreams, a city of black on a planet of red. Our ancestors lived here, yet somehow they all perished? The streets are littered with the bones of both our kind and others, the place is so massive I am unsure how well just me and my group will do in uncovering secrets. In part thanks to those beasts, but perhaps.. Hmm."

She waves off the idea, almost getting lost in thought once again.

"What brings you to this humble home of mine?"

sith-red.png

"Death is endlessly boring, would be the shorthand of it."

A short hand she had no desire to dig in deeper. Looking back wasn't the path now. Only looking forward.

"Curiosity, mostly. I had heard from one of your pets that you've been doing well. And I can see that's no exaggeration. Rapture. I didn't think it'd be a planet I'd ever see." Her gaze shifted up, out towards the sky dotted above with black. "It's quite the ruin, though. You said beasts have been getting in the way?"

"The cold stillness of death is something I never have hoped to be a fun thing, dear."

Adeline herself was a creature of twisted sin, for her very existence was unnatural. Her soul would be dragged to hell for sure if she was to ever expire, but of course it was a task to kill her.

"Yes dear, this planet is home to a large red beast. They hunt in packs, often fight one another.. Most of the time my troops can ward them off or kill them, but sometimes accidents happen. Most deaths occur thanks to the hellish anomalies around this place, we are still unsure what caused them... Surely you have seen them? Like scars in reality, I stepped into one against the wishes of my men. I heard screaming and saw hell itself, voices of those who were killed here. A demon tried to take over my mind, it was great hearing the screams."

This person, Adeline... Very different from the wild hearted mercenary that Alina once knew. Adeline was very calm, too calm.

"My apprentice didn't overstep his place did he? Next time you see them, do me a favour... Beat them, bruise their flesh and make him suffer. Let him grow to hate you, his hate will only make him better of course, or if they fail to even hold their ground.. They have failed and deserve death."

She smiles softly, rather confident that Alina will like this request.

sith-red.png

"They sound like pathways from death, for certain." Like the pathway she'd taken to return to this mortal world. If they could be opened, though, that would only mean they could be closed in turn. Which meant.. Alina smiled thoughtfully, still letting her gaze rest on the divots of void that scattered around this precious world.

"If they annoy me, I won't hesitate. But I've little reason to go too harsh on any acolyte. A strong flower can bloom in harsh conditions, but there is a limit of how harsh before it's simply impossible to grow."

"I don't care for a flower, I want a tool that knows just enough to get the job done. Just like how I learned, so too will they be beaten and broken until they can fight back and use their hate to get stronger. I will simply beat them myself, no need to concern yourself."

Adeline was a brutal teacher, yet it would give the results she wanted.

"I have plans for this world, my dreams had to have been for a special reason... I wish to be queen of this world. It is lucky for me that you came along, together we can rebuild! Our kind can have a home, not holes in the ground... Look at this place Alina! The buildings still stand, perfect and refined. Together we can close most of the scars, I want some to experiment on of course."

Their past may have been more tame, the two never became friends per say... But they also never became enemies. Right here and right now, Adeline was offering something rare... Her trust.

"You look well, for once being dead of course."

She gives a smirk to Alina.

sith-red.png

"Queen Keres, mm?"

Alina hummed in thought at that. It would be good for them to have sovereign here again. Someone for the Sangnir to rally around. Rebuild. She nodded. That would be for the best, wouldn't it? Perhaps they could rebuild to what they once were, when Rapture was still whole and not so fractured. A light chuckle escaped her though. "I needed a new body, so I had one made. It fits for the moment."

She raised a hand shortly after, pulling on the Force as it shifted and warped. Anima in it's purest form rippled until a humanoid shape took form.

"I advise getting yourself some of the Oracles to utilize. They've got quite a bit of knowledge."

"I have yet to see one of those... Interesting, what sort of knowledge do they contain? Oh well, it is good to see you again, you had helped me grow."

Adeline takes an odd looking orb out of a chilled container, offering it over to Alina as a gift.

"Fruit, they grow on the ivory vines around this planet. Very rich in minerals, they have a very bitter taste... Just like blood actually. Anyone can eat them, but to us the flavor is amazing! Here, try a bite."

She offers over the chilled fruit to Alina, whether she took it or not Adeline would continue.

"Am I to assume you also wish to aid me in recovering this planet?"

sith-red.png

"My dear, they are our ancestors. Blood Demons are the spirits of long dead Sangnir given form through anima." The demon in question faded shortly after, the red flowing anima returning back within Alina. Just in time for her to reach up and catch the fruit. She raised a brow before taking a bite. Chuckled. Blood fruit, then? Fascinating. "I do. I imagine our ancestors would love to see this place made anew."

"Long dead you say? Well we have plenty of those all around, too many you could say."

The woman sighs a bit, tapping a nail on her metal table.

"I am sure they would indeed love to see it brought back to glory, I and myself would love to see myself the queen of this place. But, the question still lingers... What killed all of them? Our kind are powerful and prestigious, I need to look into this more."

Adeline crosses her arms, turning back to Alina.

"I am sure you have seen it all around, scars in our reality you could say. It is all too obvious that they must have something to do with what happened here, but alas my studies into them have been slowed thanks to the hostility of this place."

She then smiles at Alina.

"It feels good to have a research partner, even more so someone of my own kind. By all means feel free to make yourself at home, tents may not be the most.... Luxurious thing, but for now it is all I have."

sith-red.png

"Their own greed, if I hazard a guess."

It was her own greed that had her throw herself to her death. The surprise of power, the feeling of being high on it all, she could see a whole species of their kind letting themselves grow too large without control.

"I've my ship, if I want luxury. But I am very eager to see this world be brought back from it's dreadful state. What exactly is your next step here? What do you need help with? I will funnel my resources as needed to assist. Asides, I'm sure even my Master would like a new avenue for her company." Exclusive rights to trade on a new world of Sangnir? She had a feeling Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf might not care as much for that as the voids connecting to the Nether around here, but it would certainly let her make some deals for the resources needed to repair this world.

Alina never did like accepting handouts.

The woman gives a gentle nod, then pointing her to a work in progress map.

"The first step to any expedition is to chart out as much land as we can, this city must have held millions of people... Not just our kind. From what our scans have found this city has layers that go below the ground, district upon district. It is lucky we have as many years as we please yes?"

Using a claw she taps on sections of the map.

"My scouts and I have found many areas of high demonic energy, along with scans showing potential areas of cave ins further below. This will be a long task, but if we pull this off I foresee a new planet for not just our kind... But one rich with dark energies that our own followers can utilize. My two fears are the Jedi messing this up, or the emperor overtaking my influence here... I have been confronted by him once already."

Adeline waves it off, ready to go over her own idea.

"My idea is to work smart, not hard. Why bother paying more workers when there are so many all around us? This city is littered with the dead, not just in the streets but also under them."

The occultist smirks.

"With you helping me close most of these scars, and my legion of undead constantly mining or pushing back the wildlife that has claimed this place.. We will have a new home swiftly."

sith-red.png

"Reduce, reuse, recycle." It was a simple and effective idea. And one Alina certainly supported. If anything it gave her some interesting ideas for back on Dromund Kaas. The trickier part would be closing the scars, though. Healing such a broken world. How ironic. She turned her gaze up towards one of the scars above, letting herself smile. This would be a good chance to test her own growing power.

"When do we get started?"

"By all means my dear, you may start as soon as you are able and wish to. Any of my troops that you need you have my permission to borrow them for tasks, any that refuse are questioning my authority. My only request is that you don't get them killed if you can help it, despite my seemingly endless source of undead here... I still have use for the living."

To treat her guest, the woman opens a cooler to crack open a wine enriched with blood.

"A ruler has to be responsible with the pawns on her table, no? If I keep my reputation as a beneficial leader who tends to her men then I will keep their loyalty."

Adeline pours Alina a full glass of the drink, then filling her own.

"If I am to be queen of this world and its people, I will need hands... Would you like to be one? We both share many of the same ideals... I remember you enjoy rough reminders, perhaps you could be the hammer of our house. I would feel better knowing I have you to watch my back, as will I your own."

She then offers to tap her glass against Alina's.

"To our efforts."

sith-red.png

"To your efforts, dear sister." Alina lifted the glass in turn, smiling warmly. This all had been Adeline's accomplishments, not hers. "Flattered as I am, and I will of course help still, I've my own world to take care of now. Dromund Kaas is where I reign for the time being. I can't abandon my home." She was, after all, Tremiru before she was Sangnir. "I hope you understand." And, well, she wasn't about to stop being a ruler to be another's second.

She still had pride as a Sith.

"This world is yours. And I am very eager to see how you rule."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom