Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Jackal Faced The Fox

[member="Vulpesen"]

Salij had been battered by some forces. But it did not stop the Anubian. There was only one thing it was feeling now as it had fled, it had been forced to flee from the battlefield. A disgrace. He was meant to die in battle, it was his duty! And yet here he was, wandering the desert. Bleeding from slashes, a blaster mark here and there on his armor. By all means, he shouldn't even be moving. The battle had happened a little time ago.

Salij-Nekt fell to his knees, barely holding himself up by his ax. Barely able to stand, he even struggled to breathe at times. The fight had taken so much out of him.

Weary and worn from battle, Vulpesen had managed to survive it. His wounds were minor, and despite the violence and action, he felt energetic. He lived for combat and the war against the ancient eye had been cathartic for him, a return to the familiar. Walking along the sands of what had once been a war zone, Vulpesen spotted a figure in the distance. "Time to mop up..." Striding over, Vulpesen made his way behind Salij, stopping a few meters short of the anubian before igniting his saber. "Salutations." One word. He didn't need anymore quite yet. He wanted to see how this possible foe would react.

[member="Salij-Nekt"]

Salij was weary. This was not like him. Usually when he had been in battle, he was fueled with rage and a blood lust. But he had fled, been ordered to do so. He continued to hold himself up with his ax when he sensed something nearby. And looked up to see the silhouette of a figure, and the light of a weapon. Salij recognized the type of weapon. And growled back at them, feeling his strength returning as he felt another fight was upon him.

He held the pole-ax in two hands, holding it pointed at the other. But an ax against a saber? He would not last long in this fight.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen rose a brow as [member="Salij-Nekt"] hefted his weapon. Heavy and off balance compared to his own preferred arsenal. But more importantly, despite extensive time fighting against weapons that could deflect the superheated edge of a lightsaber, he could say with certainty he did not recognize this as a threat. "Really? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you've got moves, but right now you look like something a reek chewed up and shat out. And that weapon of yours might as well be a butter knife against this." He hefted his saber a bit.

Slowly, as to not provoke a rash attack, the zorren produced a small emblem from his coat and held it up, the Vitae emblem. "Listen, this thing is all that's keeping you alive right now. But if you attack me, I can't promise you'll be coming out with all four limbs. In my professional opinion, it'd probably be a good idea if you laid down your arms and surrendered. There's nothing left to even fight for."

Salij-Nekt only snarled in response. He thought himself strong, and he would not simply lay down his arms. Not without orders from someone higher than himself. "Surrender...no honor in...surrender" he managed to get out, though he only stumbled forward as he moved. Should he have attacking in his mind? No, it was the worst possible move. "I can fight...for honor..." But it was true. What did he have left to fight for? There was nothing left. His honor was already shattered, his beliefs gone, burned in the fires of war.

"I will...show my worth...show I am strong...show I shall continue...to fight." He stumbled another step, only to fall to a knee. Clutching against his side with one of his hands as he glared down the other. Salij was as arrogant as ever...perhaps that carried over into stupidity on his part.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"No future in death." Watching Salij stumble towards him, Vulpesen simply started to pace, coming no closer. This fool would come to him. "Tell me, can people eat honor? Can they breathe it, use it, mold it, or fight with it? What use is honor to the living that your death leaves behind." Reaching up, Vulpesen started to take off his mask, for once revealing his face on the battlefield. Seemingly untouched despite long years of battles that had almost killed him. The most noticeable wounds would be the scar on his throat, and his missing ear, and if one could determine its cause, the white streak of hair that graced the front of his hair. Now fixing Salij with fierce glowing gold eyes, Vulpesen lifted his saber and pointed it at the approaching Anubian. "You're in no state to fight. You're not showing strength, its weakness disguised as foolishness. You're giving up!"

[member="Salij-Nekt"]

Salij did not approach the foe. The enemy. Instead he only stood there, he did not wish to listen but his body knew despite how his mind was pushing him that his body could give out any second. So he was forced to listen as his body actually started to disobey him. Was the Anubian truly giving up now? Giving up on the fight, on life? He had suffered a dishonorable defeat, honor was all the Anubian knew. It was all he would ever know.

"Honor is all...I have known. It is what has fed me...for all these years...kept me alive, as long as I earned my...my honor." The Anubian finally moved again, shuffling forward slightly. But his ax, it dropped from his hands. "I am not! I...I am not surrendering!" He would never believe so, even if he was on the verge of collapse...

[member="Vulpesen"]

Chuckling a bit, Vulpesen finally stepped forward, seeing the jackal's weapon in the dirt. "You're right. Surrendering means you've agreed to stop fighting. It means you had a choice." Vulpesen lifted a hand towards @Salij-Nekt. "You're losing... again." He clenched his fist, drawing on the force to pin the anubian's arms to his sides before pulling him over. "But tell me this before you go and pass out, what do you fight for? Besides honor I mean. Because while it might have fed you up til now, its useless here. There has to be something else you're trying so hard to die for."

Salij-Nekt stepped forward to match the other's moving action towards the Anubian. Before the Anubian could make some angry remark back, he felt the power that it looked up to pin his arms at his sides. Then he was pulled forward, surprise showing for but a second. He refused to answer, turning his face away. It was all for honor....was it not?

"To prove...my worth...to prove I am a...a warrior" Salij said under his pained breath. "And if that means...death...then so be it." He tried to struggle, but the force did not allow such struggling. He would not die this way, defenseless. "But my warrior days...are over..."

For a moment, Vulpesen kept [member="Salij-Nekt"] suspended before him, his gaze hardening as he listened to the anubian's words. "Good. Warriors are fools and idiots. They fight they die, and no one remembers their names. And half the time, their deaths are meaningless." With a slight push back, Vulpesen dropped him onto his rear before lifting another hand. The warrior within told him to unleash a torrent of lightning, to fry this stupid pup for his stupidity... but as he mentioned, warriors were fools. He was a king of protectors. Ushering a light out from his hand, Vulpesen started to heal some of the Anubian's more serious wounds. "I'm offering you a chance... a chance to become a soldier, or perhaps something more."

Salij-Nekt felt the words, they stung his pride, his honor...but they were also true. He never looked at it that way, but it was most true. He never wanted to see it that way, to see his death as a meaningless one. Even if he died fighting for something that only ended up falling to pieces, he wanted to be remembered. To be in the memory of warriors underneath him. To be respected. To be honored. It was all about honor to the Anubian.

Then [member="Vulpesen"] pulled an unexpected move. Salij felt something as his wounds were slowly closing. Salij wanted to snarl at him, for healing the enemy. And yet, he was feeling something as soon as the suggestion was given. A choice. Death...or redemption. The other had already shown they were strong. Knowledgeable in the power that he sought. "You...have power...you would give redemption...over death?"

"Life Freedom Unity. That's the code I live by. That's the difference. Thats why I win. Because losing honor is losing nothing. Losing the code means losing everything." After a moment of bringing Salij from death's door, Vulpesen deactivated his lightsaber and simply brought it to rest in front of him. "If I kill you, I gain nothing. The galaxy gains nothing. You are defeated, and your order is shattered. Should you die here, nothing is affected. But if you live, if you change, then perhaps there is something greater in store. Yes, I'm offering redemption. I'm offering you a chance to learn and grow in power so that you won't fight for notions as meaningless as honor." The laws of the Vitae, always preserve life. Killing Salij here, no matter how dogmatic he might have been, would have been against everything Vulpesen believed in and fought for. But he had made his point, the code hadn't made him weak. It was a concept the sith had never understood. Sometimes mercy was the greatest display of power you could offer.

[member="Salij-Nekt"]

Salij-Nekt kept his eyes to the weapon now. Waiting for a sudden change of heart. A strike, a slash. A sudden death. Then [member="Vulpesen"] deactivated the weapon, and rested it in front of him. What was this showing of compassion, this show of mercy? Salij had never known mercy, never seen mercy? Took no prisoners, showed no kindness. This? This was the first kindness shown to him. And he felt something change.

"You promise...you promise such things. Such things to an enemy, that could attempt to fight back as soon as released. You know...know no doubt, this possibility. Yet you lay down your own arms..." Even though Salij knew he would not win, this was a measure of trust. There was only one thing Salij-Nekt could envision. One reason.

"Teach me." He asked this to the other. Wishing upon himself the power to be strong. "Show me this power you have. Allow me to...to follow." In his mind, this was no surrender. It was a chance. A chance to grow strong, once more.

"So you do have a brain in that skull of yours." Grinning a bit, Vulpesen tucked his saber into his coat and put on his mask before clicking the comlink. "Valde to Vixen, I'm ready for pickup. Got a plus one." Returning his attention to his former foe, he spoke again. "You're about to take the first steps on a long road. Fighting for a code isn't nearly as easy as honor. Under my flag, you aren't allowed to die, which means no more easy outs."

[member="Salij-Nekt"]

Salij-Nekt wanted to snarl at that remark, but kept it to himself seeing the grin. Plus the fact that he could still be killed, or at least believed so. The man spoke into his commlink, and Salij watched as he did so. While waiting for the man to finish speaking, he thought it time to finally introduce himself. "Salij...Salij-Nekt" he somewhat grumbled, as was his normal gruff voice. "Your kindness...it is new to me...I am for the first time, grateful."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Vulpesen Espadus Torrevaso, Valde of the Vitae Security Forces and aide to the Hand." Upon finishing his sentence, his ship would come roaring out form the sky to land before them. Of course, the Vixen was never far from Vulpesen, being his final lifeline in a world where everything might have been trying to kill him. "I've found that the force has a way of rewarding those who do good things in the galaxy." With that, Vulpesen started over to board the ship.

[member="Salij-Nekt"]

Salij trailed back as he heard [member="Vulpesen"] introduce back to the Anubian. He picked up his ax, putting it over and into the holding on his back. Then, onto the ship he went after Vulpesen. "Good?" Salij did not see himself as good, not necessarily. He was just a soldier. But now was time for a new leaf. "If fighting is included under good..." he said back to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom