Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore The Iron Shells

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE IRON SHELLS

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: to create and detail the small mercenary Shell Hutt clan lead by Kootaba bu Baukola.
  • Image: N/A
  • Links: N/A
  • Company Submission: N/A

GENERAL INFORMATION:
  • Organization Name: The Iron Shells / The Iron Shell Clan
  • Classification: Mercenary Company, Family/Clan, Criminal Organization
  • Loyalties: Kootaba bu Baukola
  • Organization Symbol: None
  • Description: A mercenary group and Shell Hutt clan based out of a nomadic and combat-ready flotilla that acts as both their homebase and military force. The faction has no interest in the politics of the Galaxy and is strictly focused on their continued independence from influential powers.

GENERAL INFORMATION:
  • Headquarters: Masnatkha Luaha (Huttese: “Sovereign Glory”), Kootaba’s vessel and the capitol ship of the Iron Fleet.
  • Realm: N/A
  • Domain: The Iron Shells are interstellar nomads and currently do not hold claim to any stellar bodies. They typically operate within the Eastern Outer Rim Territories.
  • Notable Assets: N/A

SOCIAL INFORMATION:
  • Hierarchy: The clan is effectively totalitarian and under the sole rule of Kootaba the Risen. Beneath him is his Hhedina [Huttese: Tribune], a council of the other Shell Hutt clan leaders who left Circumtore to join him.
  • Membership: Consists of Shell Hutts from minor clans and their associated slave races, as well as other criminals, bounty hunters and mercenaries who have sworn loyalty to Kootaba. Proving your worth through trials of combat or offering assets (currency, ships, information) is a way to gain not only membership, but the respect of the warlord Kootaba himself. However, the mercenary Hutt enjoys the thrill of conflict and has a respect for any who share a similar view, so simply asking to join can gain someone membership. (OOC: I don’t really intend for the organization to be a PC group, I just want to make the lore for the Iron Shells official in case anyone is curious about them. Though I’d be open to discussion if really wanted to join and of course will make this not the case if that is not allowed).
  • Influence: Their influence is only through their reputation, which is mostly limited to the Eastern reaches of the Outer Rim Territories. They do not use their assets to assert authority or bully, only to accomplish tasks that they’ve been paid to do.
  • Reputation: Unlike most Hutts, Kootaba and by extension the Iron Shells as a whole are quite reasonable to deal with. The Risen is mostly against the indulgent lifestyle of his kind and aside from appreciating illicit substances, strong drinks and the odd displays of powers, he is rather utilitarian. These values are absolutely not shared by the clan as a whole, but as the head and face of the clan the reputation is there. The most reputable quality of the Iron Shells is their fierce independence and patriotism to the Baukola (Risen). They have no personal interest in the political struggles of the Galaxy at large. When the Iron Fleet attacks one can be sure that someone has paid them too and, for what it’s worth, no hard feelings or personal agendas are attached. Kootaba bu Baukola, or “King Koota” as he is sometimes [unofficially] referred to, cares only about the continued freedom and comfort of his people and does what is necessary within his moral values to ensure it remains. Some disregard the clan completely, others can’t help but respect their accomplishments and relatively humble nature.
  • Rules: There are only two rules within the clan:

1. “Boniag Badtauih” (“Unity Absolutely”): The luxuries and freedoms afforded to those who seek refuge within the shadow of the Baukola require absolute unity and loyalty. Under no circumstance may someone act against the interests of the clan or knowingly harm the clan or its members. Such acts are unforgiveable and will result in extermination.
  2. “Jeejee Baukola dah bo Bata” (“We Rise on his Back”): the word of Kootaba is the law. Those within the Fleet owe their comforts to the dedication and rule of the Baukola, who in turn puts his faith and trust in those beneath him.
Aside from these it is implied that the clan is to remain politically neutral. This does not mean would not join a fight if they are paid by one side or another, but they would never official take a stance. No one in the clan is to commit an act that could risk or compromise this without probably cause and/or permission.
  • Doctrines: Sticking to their overall informal nature, the Iron Shells do not have laid out doctrines for which to follow. They do, however, have a strong sense of independence and patriotism towards the Baukola and his sovereign fleet. Most within the Iron Shells have come to escape hardships, from those who joined Kootaba in the early days to escape their oppressive homeworld to the many who have sought refuge in exchange for their skills and services. The Fleet offers a home and many comforts, and in exchange asks only for cooperation and absolute loyalty.
  • Goals: Their continued existence and the enjoyment of their lawless freedom. They seek only the money and power they need to ensure this.

MEMBERS:
  • N/A
HISTORICAL INFORMATION:

Throughout history the Shell Huts of Circumtore have always been regarded as inferior to the common Hutt Clans while being forced to live miserably on the irradiated ring-world. As the galaxy plunged into chaos, unrest grew within the Shell clans and soon a prominent figure took up the mantle as a catalyst for change. Kootaba, a then young Hutt warrior born to an unimportant Shell clan, gathered a following of those with similar distastes who wanted change and an escape from their miserable existence. Amassing resources from supporters went unnoticed with most factions preoccupied by far grander issues and eventually their struggles on Circumtore were able to be left behind. Under the guidance of Kootaba, or Kootaba bu Baukola (the Risen) as they would come to call him, the newly branded Iron Shell clan took to the stars as the plainly named Iron Fleet.

Since their birth the Iron Shells have worked to preserve their freedom, working as mercenaries to acquire assets and wealth to support themselves. Remaining neutral in the eyes of the Galaxy can be difficult, and so the clan has never taken on any operations of particular political significance. Instead, they prefer to deal with small-scale operations that allow them to remain off the radars of major factions.

(Note – I am relatively new to forum RPing and this is the first time I’ve made an organization so I’m not entirely sure if this has been done right.)

[member="Kootaba"]

Very good work for your first submission! We need to tweak a few things and get some clarification, but after that I can stamp this.

Let's get right into it.

• Loyalties: Kootaba bu Baukola
I need you to hyperlink to this guy's character sheet here.

• Headquarters: Masnatkha Luaha (Huttese: “Sovereign Glory”), Kootaba’s vessel and the capitol ship of the Iron Fleet.
A hyperlink to either the wikia page or factory submission of this ship.

• Notable Assets: The Iron Fleet (I can detail this if necessary)
I am definitely going to need the exact ships in this fleet. Together with the factory subs/wikia pages. Though honestly if I were you I'd consider removing this from the submission for now and making a NPC Fleet submission in the future. Then just request a submission mod to add it back in. That gets you a bit more detail, etc.

[member="Jairus Starvald"]

Thanks! I appreciate it. I added the hyperlink for Kootaba's character sheet and removed The Iron Fleet from notable assets temporarily. I'll take your approach of making an NPC Fleet submission in the future if you say that would work. Or, if they are just canon ship designs, would numbers and hyperlinks to the Wookiepedia submissions work fine?

I also added a hyperlink to the wikia page for the ship class of their HQ vessel. I've just realized that it seems someone else has used and stated a Chelandion-class Cruiser on this site before. Is using the wikia link or perhaps this already approved template good enough or should I submit my own? If so I can make a factory submission in the future and let you know.

[member="Kootaba"]

Oh, that doesn't matter at all.

Unless its an 'unique' canon item claimed in the Factory, nobody can restrict access to canon items, ships or whatever. So that would be fine.

Except the tricky thing here is that this ship is 800 meters. That is 300 meters more than the max dimensions currently are for ships owned by individuals and non-companies. The factory is currently closed so you can't submit a company to affiliate it with. (As you can see in the table a T2 company could field it). But you can create a minor faction for these guys and then hyperlink that as your affiliation.

Or you could just remove the ship for now and exchange it for something a bit smaller.

Let me know which way you want to go and if you need any help with it.

[member="Jairus Starvald"]

Sorry about that, I never even thought to look at Starship Templates. I've subbed the larger Chelandion-class Cruiser for a significantly smaller Tarrada-class Frigate, which is only 250m. Hyperlink is to an approved Tarrada-class in the Factory.

[member="Kootaba"]

As discussed over Discord the Tarrada-class of the Factory was strictly affiliated with the creator. Instead hyperlinking to the wikia page of the canon Tarrada.

Seeing as this is a lore submission, we can simply agree that this frigate is within the limits of personal ownership and not outside of it. If you end up wanting to sub a fleet, you should make sure your ships do have proper dimensions as we discussed.

Pending secondary approval!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom