Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Iron Empire's Rebellion of the One Sith controlled Csilla - OOC Thread

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
I'd prefer to get confirmation from [member="Darth Ophidia"], concerning that.

We had already discussed the story for the Rebellion with Ophidia, so that it would meld well with the OS's scorched earth approach to going minor.

[member="Isamu Baelor"] thats a reasonable request and I admit that I haven't been informed of the discussion behind the rebellion. If this is against what was planned out I am sorry.

As for scorched earth tactics, this is one only from a different angle. Just on a political level, an attempt to get the chiss to defend themselves from another invasion.

Isamu Baelor

That's one of the reasons why, instead of just forcing this rebellion immediately, I took some time to discuss it with Ophidia. So that we could all be on the same page. Less chance of drama and all that, y'know?

The issue I see with this tactic is that, well, it doesn't make IC sense.

The Chiss have, historically, been undermining the One Sith's rule. This ultimately led to the then-Darth Vornskr attempting to murder 800,000,000 Chiss, or ten-percent of their population. An act which Isamu himself stopped.

To me, the logic just doesn't hold to scrutiny. I can't fathom why they would trust, let alone aid, the One Sith. The tyrannical faction that has attempted to inflict a genocide on their people. Especially with aiding them against the faction that stopped said genocide, Isamu and the Iron Empire.

Please don't take this as me arguing, or saying you can't attempt that tactic. I'd just prefer for Ophidia to touch base, and give his thoughts.

Well the problem is that the os forums are dead, and I literally knew nothing about this invasion beforehand (and I am one of the last active members that the faction has.)

As for the tactic. It seemes like I should have gotten a little bit deeper into detail what I actually meant to accomplish. I know that chiss would never, ever under any circumstances would be allies of the os after everything.

So bear with me here: The os don't offer them an alliance, they offer their independence. The next step of the plan would have been to slowly retreat the os forces from the planet while leaving behind weapons and stuff for the chiss to arm themselves. Sure they hate the os and they don't hate the iron empire, but while pride the chiss most characteristics trait in canon is their ability to make logical decisions without letting emotion get the best of them. They are a slightly xenophobic race and like to keep to themselves more than others so I just assumed that while they would prefer the Iron empire over the one sith, they would also prefer their independence over the iron empire. Maybe I am just over thinking this but to me this sounded like a solid plan lol. True to the spirit of "if I can't have it, you can't have it".

After all I don't really care, I just wished to do something special and memorable for the last thing the Os does as a major faction.

[member="Isamu Baelor"]

Isamu Baelor

[member="Darth Abyss"]

Even in that, there's a certain level of trust that they would require. They would have to believe that the Sith would uphold their end, and actually grant the independence. I'm not sure a people could have that trust in an organization that tried to kill 800,000,000 of them.

But yea, it's not the biggest deal or anything. I just wanna make sure that we're all on the same page.

[member="Darth Abyss"] [member="Isamu Baelor"]

Given the Chiss Ascendancy's history with The One Sith, they would have no reason to trust us without a pretty strong incentive. Furthermore, The One Sith has had to knock down more than one Chiss rebellion in the past and they have broken oaths of fealty before massacres were involved. As such, we cannot trust them to fight alongside us. Even if they do fight, they may do like the Danes did under WWII and give minimal resistance before accepting the Iron Empire as their nuclear umbrella. Arming them might be to arm the Iron Empire.

However, Abyss' proposition could be a ruse from the Sith's side to expose treachery in the Chiss ranks and punish it. Perhaps also use propaganda to blame the attacks on the Iron Empire. There are opportunities in this if one is willing to see them and compromise.

[member="Isamu Baelor"]

I shall join in the fray, but for the Chiss - naturally. I come not to represent the First Order who at present are my current employers, but to aid in their liberation.

[member="Isamu Baelor"] [member="Orentho"]

I am also an interested party in this matter (for obvious reasons). Is a link available to the thread with the atrocities referenced throughout this thread? I was unaware of a mass execution of the Chiss populace as that would have a serious impact on my character as well as my involvement here.

At the moment, as a xenophobe, I am disinclined to help either side. My desire instead would be for the Ascendancy to once more gain autonomy, effectively taking a neutral antagonistic stance. However, if the Chiss are so seriously crippled that such autonomy is fiscally, technologically, or logistically impossible, my allegiance could be swayed.

Either way, a reference point would be very helpful in determining my role here! Thanks and happy rebelling!

[member="Sentiri"]

Not Isamu but I believe I can answer your question!

In this post from a past One Sith faction thread [member="Darth Carnifex"] announced his intentions of slaughtering 10% of Csilla's adult population for their betrayal (see the last paragraph) and is successfully convinced by [member="Isamu Baelor"] against the slaughter of Chiss in this post.

Hope that helps! :)

Isamu Baelor

[member="Sentiri"]

In addition, as the One Sith crumbles, their leaders are attempting to fulfill the Dark Lord's final order: Burn Everything.

So the Iron Empire is here to stop that, at least on Csilla.

Isamu Baelor said:
In addition, as the One Sith crumbles, their leaders are attempting to fulfill the Dark Lord's final order: Burn Everything.
I would just like to point out that, IC'ly, there is no precedence for knowledge that this is the reason behind the Scorched Earth Policy. Unless, of course, you've been inside this character's head recently.

Also. Isamu, did you say something about wanting to tango? I am a slow-as-snails poster at the moment, but I'm sure we could trade one or two blows before the rebellion ends. Or at least stare menacingly at each other at a distance.

Isamu Baelor

[member="Darth Ophidia"]

Yea! I should've mentioned that it was not common knowledge.

and nah, I think we should save that for a time when I'm not using an ipad, in a place with unstable net. I don't think I could do that fight justice, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom