Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Inquisition - Personal Guard of Veiere Arenais.

Status
Not open for further replies.
e4z6tQ9.png
KdT0gtv.png
  • Intent: To create an elite and personal guard for [member=Veiere Arenais] and his Inner Circle, Advisors of the Dark Jedi Order. This Combat Unit is a Non-Force User group trained to specifically counter Force Users in combat.
  • Image Credit: Click here!
  • Role: Protective Detail, Combatant Unit.
  • Links: 191st Clone-Trooper Battalion.
PUVwFuQ.png
  • Unit Name: The Inquisition (Inquisitors).
  • Affiliation: [member=Veiere Arenais], The Dark Jedi Order.
  • Classification: Elite Melee Combatants.
  • Equipment:
​Weapons Specifics:
- Lightsaber Pikes.
- Standard Lightsaber.
- Heavy Blaster Pistol (Side-Arm).

Armor Specifics:
- Dura-Armor.
- Plasteel.
- Anti-Ion mesh Underlay Faraday Cage.
zLP7lkC.png
  • Availability: Unique.
  • Deployment: Limited.
Strengths:
  • Special Training: Trained by Veiere Arenais himself in order to encourage the Inquisitors to learn how best to overcome their expected opposition, these elite guard have been armed with Lightsabers and exposed to high intensive training.
  • Former Military: Formerly part of the 191st Clone-Trooper Batallion, these personnel are by no means new to war. They are experienced and ready to enter into combat with their utmost intention of coming away victorious. Confidence is not lacking here.

Weaknesses:
  • Non-Force Users: Unable to practice the Force giving this unit a strong disadvantage towards meeting other Force Practitioners in battle.
  • Melee Focused: Accompanying Veiere and the Inner Circle of the Dark Jedi Order at all times leaves little need to carry ranged arms or heavy grade weapons. These individuals are solely focused upon their superiors protection and will only resort to their side-arms for short to mid-range exchange of fire.

eLikKDg.png

The 191st Clone-Trooper Battalion of Commenor was brought in and evaluated by Veiere Arenais, former King and present Husband to Lady Kay, High Queen of the Commenor Systems Alliance. Because of his connections and former authority, Veiere utilized his position to orchestrate a culling of the 191st's highest decorated Soldiers, selecting twelve of these men and women to be pulled from their regular duty, bound to follow the orders of their king and soon undergo personal training by the Former Jedi Master.

Over weeks of aggressive training, sparring against the twelve Inquisitors and influencing them through his control over the Force, Veiere Arenais had produced a dozen loyalists dedicated solely to his word. These former Clones to later become his personal entourage that would aid in his future plans for the Dark Jedi Order have learned many of the lightsaber forms of the Jedi and how best to counter them with opposing tactics. Though they are unable to use the force, they have been equipped with protective armor to shield from energy displacement such as the likes of Force lightning and have been appropriated lightsabers of their own in order to fight against others whom might seek to harm Veiere Arenais and his allies.

Treated like Clone's, these twelve are nameless and only by Veiere's pursuits have they been dubbed the Inquisition, the stone wall between Veiere and those that would seek to slow them down from building upon the Dark Order's strength and position within the Galaxy.

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

Veiere Arenais said:
Non-Force Users: Unable to practice the Force giving this unit a strong disadvantage towards meeting other Force Practitioners in battle.

If this unit can't use the Force, then they won't be able to use lightsaber weaponry effectively in combat. Please swap out the lightsabers and lightsaber pikes for something more appropriate.

[member="Feeto Chivaro"]

I apologize in advance but no where does it state that one needs the Force in order to practice lightsaber combat. These NPC's are automatically going to have a disadvantage against Played Characters, that's a given but we've seen non-force users pick up a lightsaber and use it in combat in the past. See The Force Awakens for Example. Unless the lightsaber needed the force to be activated, it is the same as any other sword or weapon with a greater difference in weight due to the blade, yet otherwise I do not agree that non-force users are unable to make use of these weapons.

Unless you can cite a specific example of an entire combat unit's worth of Non-Force Sensitives being equipped with lightsaber weapons and using them effectively, my request stands. If Non-Force Sensitives in Star Wars were capable of using lightsabers competently with training, they would be far more commonplace as weapons.

Here are two alternatve suggestions for you:
  • Electrostaves and vibro-weapons are both lightsaber resistant alternatives to the weapons you've listed here and will not, in the grand scheme of things, reduce the combat effectiveness of this unit.
  • Make this unit Force Sensitive, and actually increase their combat effectiveness while still remaining approvable.

[member="Feeto Chivaro"]

• Anja Gallandro.
  • Finn (The Force Awakens)
  • Han Solo (The Empire Strikes Back)

Your argument is that non-force users cannot put lightsabers/pikes into practice. I strongly disagree. Other combatant units are irrelevant, these in question have been trained by Veiere and the ability to use a lightsaber by a Non-Force User is a valid concept, especially when trained personally by a Master of the Force.

Han Solo's opponent for his lightsaber duel in The Empire Strikes back is a dead Tauntaun, so I am electing to discount that as a viable example. Anja Gallandro's ability to use a lightsaber is linked to her addiction to a special form of spice, as noted in the Wookiepedia link you provided. Unless you are going to hook this entire unit onto Andris spice, I'm afraid we're right back where we started.

Not that any of this matters, as I asked for a canon example of a large body of people - a unit - who were non-Force Sensitive and all equipped with lightsabers. If this wasn't considered a viable or effective strategy in canon, it's probably because it's not a viable or effective strategy. Which means it's not going to work here either.

If you are unwilling to make the changes necessary for me to stamp this, I am going to have to deny it. You are more than welcome to request a second chance from the relevant thread.

[member="Feeto Chivaro"]

You're telling me that despite the fact that any character of any origin can be made, lay claim to a lightsaber and use it how they see fit, I cannot make twelve NPC's and train them to do exactly the same thing? While acknowledging the fact that these NPC's will be disadvantaged compared to other PC's Force Users or not. I could have decided to make them Force Sensitive, something that could easily work yet for the sake of them being Overpowered, I've chosen not to. The Dark Jedi Order has lightsabers that have been subbed by myself, both single and double, there's no reason why this isn't a viable submission.

I would like to request an alternative judge to continue the review of this submission.

A weapon is a weapon, can be picked up by any one of any origin and with enough training learn how to utilize it in combat.

You can request a new judge/second chance in the second chance thread. Thank you. I also ask that while judging can be fustrating you remain civil and polite to the judges. [member="Veiere Arenais"]

[member="Allyson Locke"]

Respectfully, If I have been insulting in any way, I'm afraid you've mistaken my tone.

I will request a second chance.

Thank you.

With all this said, I will now be marking this as denied, pending secondary review.

As mentioned before, you are welcomed and encouraged to second chance this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom